Smooshing

21st of Ymiden 724

Your thread has been reviewed and its rewards issued! See your request here. Manage your rewards here.

The capital of the Eternal Empire. Home to Empress Raskalarn and the Imperial government, as well as just being a general hub for Imperial activity.

Moderators: Basilisk Snek, Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Illuvia
Approved Character
Race: Human
Renown: 250
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: Smooshing

“Honestly, it feels amazing. Just holding it in my hand makes me feel like… like I’ve actually accomplished something meaningful. I never imagined that I would be able to do something like this.”

She stared at the well as she held it in her hand and turned it over. She recalled what Lumina had said – wells were used by pushing ether into them. She was careful not to do that. What she wasn’t prepared for, was for her body to start sucking the ether out of the well. The well glowed and for a moment both Luvi and Lumina froze.

“What are you doing? Stop it!” Lumina said as she dove over to where her bed was and used a pillow to shield from what she thought would be an imminent explosion.

“I don’t know,” Luvi said, “I’m not pushing ether into it… I think I’m stripping the ether out somehow.” She wanted to put it down but she didn’t know what might happen if whatever was happening stopped abruptly. She tried to slow down the process by concentrating on the well itself. She tried desperately to ignore the panic that was forming in her mind. She tried to use her willpower to overcome whatever the well was doing, to force it to stop, but it was too late. Whatever had happened, had happened. Moments later the well stopped glowing and Luvi finally felt herself breathe again.

She felt different. It would likely be some time before she learned what had happened, but she had become a rupturer by striping the well of its power.. She tried to make a connection with the well once more, but it was clear that the sphere had gone inert. It was useless now.

“I think I royally messed up,” was all she had to say.

Lumina was so speechless that she laid on her bed and put the pillow on top of her face. She let out a frustrated scream that the pillow muffled. All that work… for nothing.
Last edited by Illuvia on Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 342
Goku
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Renown: 100
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Everything happened so fast. Luvi accidentally absorbed the ether from the well. Goku’s eyes widened in shock, his body frozen in place as he tried to comprehend what was happening. He was rooted to the spot, unable to move or react.

Before he could gather his wits, it was all over. The light faded, leaving an eerie silence in its wake. The newly combined well lay dormant, its energy spent and dissipated. The disappointment was palpable, filling the room with a heavy, disheartening atmosphere. Goku felt a sinking feeling in his chest, the weight of the failed attempt pressing down on him.

Goku didn’t know what to say or how to comfort her, but he knew he had to try. Pushing his own disappointment aside, he walked over to Luvi.

“Hey,” he said softly, trying to catch her attention. “Don’t beat yourself up about this. We all make mistakes, and this isn’t the end. We’ll find plenty of wells in the future to work on.”

He tried to maintain a happy persona, but even he could hear the downtrodden note in his voice. “It’s just a setback. We’ll learn from it and do better next time. I’m sure of it.”

He gave her a small, encouraging smile, hoping to lift her spirits even a little. He didn’t linger. He packed up his things and left the two to discuss what had happened. He knew that his own mood would only bring them down if he allowed himself to break down.

word count: 259
Goku
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Renown: 100
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Rewards Requested

Notes/Warnings: a lot of disappointment. Luvi wanted me to ask in here whether this needs to go to the psf for learning magic through ensorcelling.

Thread: Smooshing
City/Area: Korlasir
Illuvia -> Used the automatic system
She will deduct 1 WP and 1 mountainstone
She will know Necromancy

Goku
He will add 1 WP and deduct 1 mountainstone
Used ->
Jewelry Crafting -> Novice
Socialization -> Novice

Requests ->
Jewelry Crafting -> x6
Socialization -> x1

Renown: we don't deserve any
Do you want this to be considered for Mark Progression? (Y / N) we don't have marks
If so - which mark.
Peer Reviewers: Please give feedback as to whether you feel this is appropriate for Mark Progression.
Once feedback is received, player should then post in the PSF.
If any PC in this thread is in a faction, please list them: Illuvia is in the army of the EE
Faction Points: 0
Wealth Points: Not applicable
- If you are claiming Wealth Points, please link to your Wealth Thread for this season, as Wealth Points can not be awarded before this is completed:
Collaboration: Yes
Local Language Thread? No
 ! Message from: Pig Boy
Done!
word count: 267
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Profession: Rharne City Moderator
Renown: 666
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Illuvia

Rewards

• XP: 15

Knowledges

• Teaching: x1
  • Ensorcelling: Always wear protective equipment
  • Ensorcelling: Ensorcelled tools are themselves ensorcelled
  • Ensorcelling: physical ensorcellers mix welldust with raw material to craft items
  • Ensorcelling: higher class wells are more volatile
  • Ensorcelling: not all wells have an offensive power
  • Ensorcelling: smooshing two wells together
  • Meditation: trying to control the power of a well
  • Ensorcelling: Learning Rupturing through ensorcelling
  • Ensorcelling: once a well’s power has been absorbed/stripped, it becomes inert

Losses

• 2 mountainstones

Consequences

• Illuvia is a rupturer. No need to PSF. Go ahead and add the skill to your UCP

Goku

Rewards

• XP: 15

Knowledges

• Jewelry Crafting: x6
  • Socialization: x1

Notes: Woof, a smoosh. This was a well written collab all things considered. I like the crafting duo that Goku and Illuvia are becoming The wire-work that Goku is getting into... never really got the hang of it myself, but I hear once you do it's a simple repetitive process. It sounds like a nice way to make jewelry anyway, and hopefully Goku continues his jewelry making endeavors.

Illuvia's creation of the smooshed well of Mountainstone was well described by both of you. Then the subsequent flooshing as Illuvia pretty much ate the stone and accidentally initiated into necromancy was interesting. I thought for a minute she was simply flaying the well, but then she ends up with a new set of powers! Cool.

Good writing both.
word count: 237

Your thread has been reviewed and its rewards issued! See your request here. Manage your rewards here.

Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Korlasir”