[The Untold] - Enchanted Items Topic is solved

Please note: Answers in this archive may be out of date / things may have changed. Do not take for granted anything older than 6 months old. If in doubt - better to ask again.

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Balthazar Black
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Leader of The Black Cats
Renown: 1885
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

[The Untold] - Enchanted Items

Hello there! So Balthazar travels through the Untold a decent amount and is very aware of the dangers presented by using his own magic inside the Untold. I assume similar dangers extend to using mark abilities but I don't know if it applies to everything abnormal that someone might have with them. The two examples that pertain to my specific character are echo scrolls and his signature items Grabthar's Hammer and his ring.

If someone is traveling through the Untold and writes on an echo scroll in their possession, when does the message send to the other person (considering the difference in how time functions in Emea)? Does writing on the echo scroll attract the attention of Emeyan beings? Would using other point bank items like the rain stones attract Emeyans?

In the case of his signature items, specifically the hammer for this chunk, if he were to summon the hammer back into his hand while he was in Emea, would that have the same negative effects as casting a spell to bring it to him?

For his ring, if he were to be following a trail created by the ring and cross into the Untold, would he still see the trail in the vague direction he needs to go or would it stop the trail?
word count: 218

Visible Mutations/ Marks

Mutations
Defiance: Skin always glows faintly and he is warm to the touch. His is also the center of a field of static electricity so people get shocked touching him on occasion.
Rupturing: Orange etheric cracks spider-web up his arms to his elbows. His eyes and the glowing cracks going down his cheeks glow dark blue.
Transmutation: He has a series of emerald, glowing cracks on his right pectoral.
Marks
Bellinos: His fingernails are always black. The color fades into his fingers.
Celarion: A dim glowing ring surrounds his left forearm.
Palenon: A silver lightning shaped mark about the size of a hand stretching up towards his torso.

Scars

• Oops, Oops, Ouch: Balthazar Black has twenty scars across his back from a lashing as well as scars on his hands and arms from jagged rocks on Faldrass. There are two scars on the sides of his abdomen from being stabbed and a slash across his back which blends in with the whip scars.
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Re: [The Untold] - Enchanted Items

Hi Balth

I'm going to ask Squirrel to poke his head in here :D
word count: 14
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Focusing on my PCs. Replies will be slow!
Squirrel
Lore Analyst (TL)
Lore Analyst (TL)
Race: Prophet
Profession: Resident Nutcase
Renown: 999
Office
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: [The Untold] - Enchanted Items

Hi, sorry - I know this is a very late reply and I'm very sorry for that, but I'll put this in writing just as a reference point.

The effects of Domain Magic are dangerous and uncontrollable when used in the Beyond, however this does not extend to enchanted items and Immortal Magic (since both are powered by a different source and therefore do not abide by the same rules). This does mean that attempting to use the innate ability of Grabthar's Hammer and the ring will result in the effect continuing as normal and would not attract the attention of Emeyans.

However, the effects of Emea on the passing of time does mean that attempting to pass communication between Emea and the physical world would not work as normal, simply because the person writing the message would be writing it at a different time than the other person normally receiving it. This would normally mean that these messages would arrive at a completely random point in time, potentially before the individual has ever actually entered Emea, however for the purposes of avoiding time travel paradoxes, it should be assumed that the messages sent from Emea to Idalos and vice versa would appear days, possibly weeks after they had been sent, and are therefore functionally useless.
word count: 218
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Q&A Archive”