[Sclavaris Town] Winston snaps

50th of Vhalar 723

Your thread has been reviewed and its rewards issued! See your request here. Manage your rewards here.

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Winston
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Cadouri
Profession: Groundskeeper
Renown: 976
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

[Sclavaris Town] Winston snaps

Pirates!

Continued from here.

They moved off into a more remote section of the building, following
Felicity
to where she reintegrated her form, as the two of them kept a careful eye out for company.
"I hate to say it Winston, but you really should reconsider. There's dogs and men on the other side of that door, not to metion a dirty great bolt-trap if you try to open it and..."
She looked around for a moment.

"Wat?"
He was not impatient as such in his tone, but certainly was not going to let her NOT tell him everything.

"I don't know. But it looks like there's a lot of activity down there. I con;d not risk going past the guards, but they are obviously guards and not terrible ones either."

"We have what we need Winston, we should go. Get the actual guards."
Joe
was trying to persuade the ferret not to get himself killed, as usual.

Winston considered this for a moment. Something was pulling him towards the cellar... it was of course his curiosity and an unhealthy lack of self-preservation, but it FELT like duty... Or so he told himself.
"Luk, we'll jost take a quick look? Ef sometin' es goin' an, we might need tuh watch an make share dem don't get away. OK?"

"No!"
Said joe, as if it was obvious.

"Sure."
Said Felicity flippantly, unable to hear or see Joe.
"But... It'll be a lot easier if you let me possess you."
She eyed him hopefully. Experiencing a symbiosis was not something the she got to do often and being incaperial had it's advantages, but enjoying the smells of the world was not one of them.
"Let me in there for a bit and we can talk."

Winston's eye widened dramatically.
"Yuh cun POSSESS meh?"

The girl nodded as the ferret processed the proposal.

"Coooooool."

"No. Not cool."
Protected Joe.

"Will meh still be en cantrol?"
He queried.

She nodded.
"Yes. As one of my anchors, I can't forcefully possess you, but it will allow us to talk and I can share what I saw with you before we go in."

The ferret got very excited for a moment.
"OOOooooooooo.... Joe, did yuh 'ear dat?"

The diri nodded.
"Yes. It's a terrible idea."
He replied, flatly.

Winston's head spun back to the wisp, bright and curious, the stress of their situation momentarily forgotten .
"Do et."

Nodding, with a slight smile, the girl slowly, deliberately, dissolved from the bottom up to her face before decorporealizing completely and
entering the ferret's body

There was a rush of confusion as Felicity 'moved in'. She was well versed in the process, but in trying not to overcome the Cadouri, there was a flurry of memorise that flashed through them both, a little unclear for just a moment which belonged to whom.

Winston sat back on his rump for a moment as Felicity reached out with HIS hand to catch them both from falling.
"Whao..."
Joe studied his friend with concern.
"You OK? How many fingers am I holding up?"

Winston first said
"Ew. A floating head."
As Felicity and then.
"Joe, yuh don't 'ave any fingas."
As Winston.

"Good, just checking."
The diri was not certain that this new arrangement was wise, but sadly for them all, it was Winston's choice, not his.

"Lets goh."
Said the ferret as he made his way out of their little cubby-hole and back down the hall to the room with the grate. It was odd. He could 'feel' Felicity there, in the back of his mind. He could even sense the occasional movement he was not making as she twitched his lip or fluttered an eyelash. He rubbed his eye absent mindedly and the girls voice sounded inside his head telepathically.

"Sorry. Force of habit. I'll try to keep the twitches to a minimum."
She said, in a tone suggesting she was not entirely sorrowful. Truth was, she had a lot to gain from this experience in 'living' alone and it was all quite frilling. Who knew this ferret was going to be so interesting!

Approaching the great, he retrieved some tools from his back. A little pick to move the latch and a small crow bar to move the grate.

It budged with a little effort and the crow bar, but not without making a some sound as its heavily caked-in surround unwedged itself from the opening. They froze for a moment. There was still the distant sound of crying, on and off and from within the grate now, theoccational sound of people. He scurried down the pipe, his ferrity form quite adeptly suited for the task as he used the degraded surface to stop himself sliding own out of control. Old enough, the smell inside the pipe was not as bad as it was in the main building. Whatever was down here was not as rotten as what was out there.

He mused over whether this had been a tactic to help disguise their hideout or not as he reached the bottom of the vent and made his way across to the closest opening. The air was in conflict as it was both less unpleasant with the smell of seawater prevalent, but more so in that it was stale and poor circulated and mixed with grease and the sweat pirates... Or so he decided. It was just sweat.

He could see the feet of two men that appeared to be guarding the entrance. They didn't look polite, swards on their hips and a crossbow leaning against the wall. Two dogs lay at their feet as they spoke. He didn't understand to begin with until Felicity focused and suddenly,
the strange words began to make sense
. "...said I. Bullshit said she and kicked my right in the nose."

The two men snickered, clearly trying NOT to be noisy, but also quite board of standing at a door. One of the dogs sneezed, before sniffing the air with a
curious gesture before settling back down again

Edging back away from the vent, he moved further into the complex of tunnels. Some were obviously to decayed to venture down, but as he slide along and probed deeper, the sound of talking still all around, but oddly not crying anymore, keeping him on edge.

"I'll go ahead and check it out..."
Joe suggested as he started to move.

Winston reacted with his hand out of reflex as he spoke with his mind.
"No, Joe! Deese lat might see yuh. We don't know dem don't know 'ow tuh see spirits... Stay wid me."
The crying sounded off again, loader this time but some how weaker. It was followed by the sound of a gruff individual, speaking again in a language Winston could not place but understood nonetheless. "Shut, that THING, up. Or I'll take it out on your HIDE!" The words were vicious and cruel and spat at the recipient through gritted teeth.

Winston crept forward, edging toward a broken vent in the wall.

"OK, OK! By what hell did I get cursed with Chrien luck to be doing THIS." Footsteps rang out as they moved across the wet cellar floor.

"It's just one doddam fish. There's plenty more for ransom."

Another set of footsteps hurriedly made his way over. "YOU?!" Winston pulled himself out of the open vent in the wall, but was behind a rang of boxes. There was acid building in his toumack. The pictures his mind were painting were ugly and a morbid curiosity pushed him forward despite it.
"Winston, careful."
Warned Joe urgently.

"Someone es en danga, Joe. get ready tuh create a distraction."
The Diri's reluctance vanish as the decision was made. He might not want to be here, he might think this is the worst idea EVER and he might think Winston was going to get himself killed... But if that happen, it damn-well wouldn't be because HE failed him. He got ready for whatever was going to happen next. Winston pulled a miragestone from his pack, it would be a great distraction.
"Oh, perhaps a fire-well for the other hand? Uuuuhhhhhggggg..."
He so hated violence.

"Did you do it?" The gruff bully-man demanded.

"Uhh.. N-n-n-no. I got spotted." The reply came with what appeared to be a man in great fear for his well being, not a man with a stammer.

"You WHAT?! Where is the fish now?" The other man was larger by far then the newcomer, which as it turned out, as Winston poked his head around the box every so carefully, was the one that he had followed here.

"I-i-i don't-know-they-nocked-me-out-and-ran-with-it. There was... like... seven of them. I was jumped on. Didn't even get to the place." There was a massive cracking sound as the back of the larger man fist struck the stammerer across the face and sent him tumbling to the floor.

The baby-thief spread out his arms wide to catch himself as he slapped down upon a... Me child... A very silent and still... Mer. Child.

He pressed his back up against the wall... no... Tank. it was a tank.

"Did you bring them HERE? Did they FOLLOW you?! Do you have ANY idea how much effort went into getting these squids?! You damn FOOL!"

Joe gasped.
"Winston..."
The ferret climbed up the side of the crate to look over the men and the entire room... It was filled with tanks of stagnating seawater... each filled with eggs and young of the Mer is various states of mistreatment. Who could possibly know how many were still alive or dead. Only Felicity had any warning as the emotions boiled over inside him...

The Devil on My Shoulder
Dismay: So... Many...
Winston: Noh...
Anger: This. Ends. Now!
Fear: But we can't! We can't FIGHT them?!
Anger: The GOD DAMN HELLS WE CAN'T!
Winston: We shud tell de guard? Ar subdue dem, right?
Anger: Give these bastards over to the authorities?! So they can be re-integrated into towns and villages like Sweetsong? Getting off for the death and murder of countless innocents?! CHILDREN?!!
Winston: Noh...
Anger: Look at them Winston! Who will make them PAY?!
Vengeance: OH Great and POWERFUL Induk, we BESEECH THEEEEEE!
Felicity: Winston, no, tink about thi...
Continued here.

Thanks goes to Pyrre Ej'qy for inspiring this template
word count: 1773

Appearance

When standing at his full height, Winston towers a full 1 foot and one blueberry tall. A fact he will happily demonstrate before flicking said blue orb into the air with his nose and then eating it with a snappy grin.

His eyes are dark and sharp, ringed by dark brown fur upon the bright white fur that sets off across the rest of his face.

Equipement

Winston usually carries the following on his person:
  • Cassion's Locket hangs snugly around his neck.
  • Winston's Fairy Bell hangs from his tool-belt attached to his hip. It's 'ringer' is often bound by a small piece of cloth to prevent it giving away his position while in the wilderness.
Winston
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Cadouri
Profession: Groundskeeper
Renown: 976
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: [Sclavaris Town] Winston's Zelmas Surprise

Rewards Requested

Notes/Warnings: Mile swearing. Children have been kidnapped and one dies.

Thread: [Sclavaris Town] Winston's Zelmas Surprise
City/Area: Scalvoris Town

Renown: None
Wealth Points: None
Collaboration: No
Local Language Thread? No
 ! Message from: Pig Boy
Done!
word count: 115

Appearance

When standing at his full height, Winston towers a full 1 foot and one blueberry tall. A fact he will happily demonstrate before flicking said blue orb into the air with his nose and then eating it with a snappy grin.

His eyes are dark and sharp, ringed by dark brown fur upon the bright white fur that sets off across the rest of his face.

Equipement

Winston usually carries the following on his person:
  • Cassion's Locket hangs snugly around his neck.
  • Winston's Fairy Bell hangs from his tool-belt attached to his hip. It's 'ringer' is often bound by a small piece of cloth to prevent it giving away his position while in the wilderness.
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Profession: Rharne City Moderator
Renown: 666
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Re: [Sclavaris Town] Winston snaps

Winston

Feedback

First off, I really enjoy the almost playful banter between the spirit Joe and the Ghost Felicity. Joe adds a sarcastic sort of jokester, while Felicity is a more moderating straight-man. Between them you have Winston, who is just a little ferret making its way through a dangerous world.

It really explodes toward the end, when Winston can't ignore the injustice the Pirates have done, and is getting to the point where he's ready to lose his murderginity.

Really dramatic stuff, though, even though there are bits of humor, it never feels overbearing or ill-placed. Good story.

Thanks for the read. Enjoy the rewards.

Rewards

• XP: 10

Knowledges

• Larceny: Picking a simple latch without making any sound
  • Strength: Opening a vent that is a little stuff from grime
  • Tactics: Hiding a hideout
  • Discipline: Trying to avoid being on edge
  • Meditation: Trying not to react physically when thinking of things in the heat of the moment
  • Detection: Working out what people were doing by sound
word count: 170

Your thread has been reviewed and its rewards issued! See your request here. Manage your rewards here.

Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Scalvoris Town”