• Mature • We Just Want To Go Home

7th of Ymiden 724

Your thread has been reviewed and its rewards issued! See your request here. Manage your rewards here.

Any area not within one of the major cities. Most of The Eternal Empire.

Moderators: Basilisk Snek, Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Illuvia
Approved Character
Race: Human
Renown: 250
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: We Just Want To Go Home

“Poison? What?” Luvi asked as she fought to remain conscious. It made sense, but she had thought poison would feel a lot worse. Aside from the rash on her skin which stopped spreading after a few minutes, there was no physical indication that she was ill. She wanted to sleep badly and she had a numbness that radiated through her side.

“I don’t know,” she said to Goku, “a nap sounds very good right about now,” she said as she closed her eyes. She likened the experience to being very drunk. There was a feeling of peace within her as she started to feel that dying might not be so bad. It wasn’t as if she had anything to live for, and dying a soldier in battle wouldn’t be the worst death. Better than tripping and falling in the bath.

It must have been half an hour before she could open her eyes. She had a vague memory of something being poured in her mouth – likely the antidote or some kind of medicine to ease her symptoms. She woke on the back of a ragdila feeling incredibly weak.

“Try to rest,” said someone sitting next to her, “you’ll probably feel out of it for a week or so.”

Luvi groaned and tried to get up, surprised that she could hardly lift her head. She gave up after a few attempts, choosing to take the advice since she didn’t have any other choice. It didn’t take long to fall back asleep after that.

Last edited by Illuvia on Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:36 pm, edited 6 times in total. word count: 258
Goku
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Renown: 100
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Goku felt a deep sense of regret as he watched Luvi struggle. He should have been more prepared. Next time, he vowed, he would stock up on antidotes when he was back in town. This situation had highlighted his lack of knowledge about poisons, and he knew he couldn’t afford to make the same mistake again.

Turning to the medic, he asked, "Can you tell me more about the types of poisons that might be used in combat? I need to be better prepared next time."

The medic nodded as he continued to tend to another wounded comrade. "Poisons can vary widely. Some are fast-acting, designed to kill quickly, while others are slower, causing more prolonged suffering. The one affecting Luvi seems to be a paralytic toxin, probably designed to incapacitate rather than kill outright."

Goku listened intently, absorbing the information. "Is there a way to tell what kind of poison it is just by looking at the symptoms?"

"Sometimes," he replied. "Paralytics often cause numbness and muscle weakness, just like Luvi experienced. Rashes are common with contact poisons, which enter the body through cuts or abrasions."

Goku nodded, committing the details to memory. "And what about antidotes? How can I be sure I have the right ones?"

"That's trickier," he admitted. "There are general antidotes that work for a range of poisons, but they’re not always effective. That’s what I gave her. All we can do is wait and see if it works. If she hasn’t recovered by the time we get to town then I’m sure she will be alright with better medical care. Unless she dies on the way, but I doubt it will come to that.”
word count: 287
Illuvia
Approved Character
Race: Human
Renown: 250
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Rewards Requested

Notes/Warnings: Tagged as mature. There's fighting, dismemberment, poison.

This is my first time trying out the tag system, just for the injury. For some reason the injury doesn't show up unless I also tag at least one other thing, so I tagged resistance.

Thread: We Just Want To Go Home
City/Area: The Imperial Regions
Illuvia:
Skills Used:
Hone: Master
Teaching: Novice
Resistance: Novice
Combat: Ranged: Novice
Combat: Blades: Master

Knowledge Requested:
Teaching: x1
Resistance: x5
Combat: Ranged: x3
Combat: Blades: x1

Goku:
Skills Used:
Medicine: novice
Hone: Expert
Strength: Expert

Knowledge Requested:
Medicine: x8
Hone:
Strength: x1

Renown: 10 for taking part in the skirmish
Do you want this to be considered for Mark Progression? (Y / N) N
If any PC in this thread is in a faction, please list them: Illuvia is in the Empire's army
Faction Points: NA for this factin
Wealth Points: Not claiming
Collaboration: Yes
Local Language Thread? No
 ! Message from: Pig Boy
Done!
word count: 193
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Profession: Rharne City Moderator
Renown: 666
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Illuvia

Rewards

• Renown: 15
  • XP: 15

Knowledges

• Teaching: x1
  • Resistance: x5
  • Combat: Ranged: x3
  • Combat: Blades: x1

Consequences

• Recovering from poison. Will take a week to fully recover. Until then any strenuous activity is out of the question

Goku

Rewards

• Renown: 15
  • XP: 15

Knowledges

• Medicine: x8
  • Strength: x1

Notes: Ooo a battle. Thanks for providing context. Sometimes we take for granted that we know what's going on in a battle. The Empire wouldn't just attack indiscriminately against parties moving through their territory, so it helped to know that these particular 'travelers' were bandits who were raiding their supply lines and such.

Anyway the battle was tense, and Luvi even struggled a bit when she was attacked with poison. Apparently she's weak to that, good to know ;)

Goku was of course a boon companion, saving her and bringing the healing as the antidote was administered.

If a purple heart was a thing in Idalos I'm sure Luvi would've earned it here. As it is, I think this is a good battle scene. Well constructed and tense in the right moments.

Good job!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding this review, feel free to PM. Enjoy your rewards!
word count: 205

Your thread has been reviewed and its rewards issued! See your request here. Manage your rewards here.

Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “The Imperial Regions”