Afternoon desert delights

1st of Ymiden 724

Your thread has been reviewed and its rewards issued! See your request here. Manage your rewards here.

Any area not within one of the major cities. Most of The Eternal Empire.

Moderators: Basilisk Snek, Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Goku
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Renown: 100
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: Afternoon desert delights

"I give," Goku conceded, a wry smile playing at the corners of his lips. His movements had slowed considerably, his breath coming in ragged gasps. It was evident that he needed a moment to recuperate. With a resigned sigh, he raised his hands in surrender, a gesture of acknowledgment towards Luvi's well-earned victory.

As he lowered himself to the ground, a groan escaped his lips, a mixture of discomfort and amusement. Despite the throbbing ache in his jaw from the earlier blow, he couldn't help but chuckle softly at the irony of his situation. "You got a lucky hit off," he added, his tone laced with playful banter.

Goku pressed a finger against his temple, hoping to alleviate some of the discomfort with a healing rune. As the soothing energy of the rune washed over him, he closed his eyes, allowing himself a moment of respite from the physical strain.

"I wouldn’t mind a neck massage," he murmured, half joking. “I don’t suppose soldiers are entitled to any massage services? I could use some spa treatment and a hot bath. You should put in an order for some workers to swing by tomorrow. I’m sure they would love coming out to the desert. We could pay them in sand and pretty cactus flowers” He knew it was a silly request, but the tension in his muscles cried out for relief. He realized she was probably used to sparring often but he hadn’t gotten in a real fight in a while.
word count: 257
Illuvia
Approved Character
Race: Human
Renown: 250
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Luvi let her guard down when Goku finally gave up. “Lucky hit? Sure,” she said with a giggle. She honestly didn’t know whether she’d been lucky or if she’d fairly gotten the upper hand. These fights of theirs were so wild and unpredictable and without weaponry she felt they were unrealistic. She still liked them as they helped her learn the tempo of unarmed combat and she could definitely punch better now than she could before she joined the military.

“A massage? At my level? Please. We don’t get anything of the sort,” she said, aware that he was joking. “I’m sure the higher ups get better privileges, but I doubt they get anything like that out here,” she explained as she motioned to the vast desert around them.

“I’ll give it a shot though. Just your neck, right?” she said while circling around behind him. She held out a hand and squeezed on his neck, unsure if she was even doing it right. She’d start at the top and work her way down, squeezing as tightly as she could. It was hard to tell whether she was doing a good job but then again she’d never given a massage before.

She only stopped once someone snickered to her side and she instantly blushed. “It’s not like that,” she shouted at the other private who went to go gossip with some others. No doubt there would be rumors spreading about her – the kind she didn’t want.

“I’m going to regret this, aren’t I?” she asked herself.

word count: 268
Illuvia
Approved Character
Race: Human
Renown: 250
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Rewards Requested

Notes/Warnings: this thread is about sparring

Thread: Afternoon desert delights
City/Area: The Imperial Regions
Luvi:

Skills Used:
Detection: novice
Combat: Ranged: novice
Combat: Unarmed: competent
Strength: Competent
Endurance: Competent
Cosmetology: novice (this covers massages, apparently)

Knowledge Requested:
Detection: x1
Combat: Ranged: x1
Combat: Unarmed: x6
Strength: x1
Endurance: x1
Cosmetology: x1

Goku:

Skills Used:
Combat: Unarmed: novice
Endurance: expert
Strength: expert

Knowledge Requested:

Combat: Unarmed: x4
Endurance: x4
Strength: x2

Renown: 0
Do you want this to be considered for Mark Progression? (Y / N) N
If so - which mark. NA
If any PC in this thread is in a faction, please list them: Luvi is in the Empire's Army
Faction Points: NA
Wealth Points: NO
Collaboration: YES
Local Language Thread? NO
 ! Message from: Doran
Done!
word count: 132
Doran
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: 1192
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Illuvia:

Knowledge:
Detection: x1
Combat: Ranged: x1
Combat: Unarmed: x6
Strength: x1
Endurance: x1
Cosmetology: x1

Loot: -
Language -
Losses: -
Wealth: -
Injuries: -
Renown: -
Skill Review: Appropriate to level.

Goku:

Knowledge:
Combat: Unarmed: x4
Endurance: x4
Strength: x2

Loot: -
Language -
Losses: -
Wealth: -
Injuries: -
Renown: -
Skill Review: Appropriate to level.
- - -
Comments: This was a nice sparring thread. You captured the atmosphere in the desert well in my opinion.

I appreciate that Goku warmed up with some of the soldiers. That’s an important, but unfortunately frequently neglected aspect of training!

Luvi and Goku have different skill levels, and you make that obvious in this thread. Goku’s form isn’t perfect, and his fists don’t quite align with his chin, for example. At Competent Unarmed Combat, Luvi seems to be doing a little better.

It makes sense that he still managed to give her a hard time due to his Expert Strength and his greater weight before he finally had to admit defeat though.

Well done, you two!

Enjoy your rewards!
word count: 173

Mutations

N/A

Blessings

N/A

Worn Items

Ring of Reversal
Ring of Immunity

Your thread has been reviewed and its rewards issued! See your request here. Manage your rewards here.

Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “The Imperial Regions”