[Saiore's Dream] Not wanting, just giving

21st of Ymiden 723

Your thread has been reviewed and its rewards issued! See your request here. Manage your rewards here.

A small island with an active volcano, Faldrass is the home to Saoire's school and to the Faldrass Induk.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Winston
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Cadouri
Profession: Groundskeeper
Renown: 841
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 7

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

[Saiore's Dream] Not wanting, just giving

Redundant gifts are gifts all the same
Gifts
The gifts issued during this tread were created here.

The trials were warmer and the events of the pirates only recently behind them and certainly not forgotten. In fact, Winston was only now finally getting his ducks in a row in the aftermath of taking on the enormous responsibility left to him by Faith's will. Isonomia and everything it entailed was now his to steer and it was no small task...

Thus far, Winston had been presenting his thanks to Horatio for Saiore and Dream's involvement in general during the Pirate attacks. He had already gushed over Millicent regarding her own harrowing experience a great many trials ago. Right now, it was just a friendly visit to catch up... but as things often did, such things turned into discussion of works and problems to be solved, even if only for a short while.

He closed the log-book with a deliberate air of purpose about him as they concluded their more formal updates. He had shared everything with Horatio regarding the aid efforts that they had all been involved in and how he planned to continue them under the banner of Isonomia and, if they wished, of course Saiore's Dream. The portals offered by Saiore had saved a great many lives and he had made sure that everyone he met knew where the aid had come from, encouraging gift giving and thanks to Saiore and Dream in anyone that offered it. If he had any success in the attempts, anyone they helped would have been giving time, knowledge and offerings ever since. Literally turning up at Horatio's door with the words "Winston told me you needed... help... food... teachers... experience with using blue thread without staining your hands?". Anything anyone had to offer was directed towards Dream.

Right now though, he had been specifically updating them both, the Champion of Saiore and his splendiferous and eminently talented wife Millicent, on all the event of late surrounding all the things 'winston'.
Angela
and he had hardly parted for longer than a trial since they last spoke and the deep and resounding care they showed for each other was obvious and shameless.

The delightful girl returned with Millicent, food in hand for them all to enjoy.
"Grubs up!"
She beamed.

"OH! Yay! MMmmmmmm...."
He sucked in great wafts of the scents from the meal that had been prepared.

Angela served up the dishes to the table beside Winston. Glancing at him quizzically, her eyes darting between him and their hosts.
"You gonna, or not, I've just had to spend a break pretending I don't know anything about it?"
Her words were soft, but far from clandestine as she goaded the ferret to put her, if not them, out of her misery.

He giggled and finally gave in.
"OK-OK. Business es all done. Me cun offa et naw."

He turned to his good friends, waving for Chest to come closer from the cushion upon which they sat.Trotting over, quite obviously 'in the know' as they stood beside Winston, they offered him a pair of boxes. Done with this, the large container of dreams remained, with its tongue lolling out to one side, as if waiting for something to happen.

The boxes were not terribly well made, but it might be obvious that they were home made and he placed them on the table, pushing one of them towards the Thunderbustles.
"Me 'ave made yuh dis..."
He began, with barely contained delight that caused his face to fight the urge to smile so hard he couldn't speak clearly... or even LESS clearly than usual.
"...please. Et's far yuh both..."

Inside the crude box was some straw and two small oblong objects, wrapped in tissue paper.

If they explored the box, they would find a
well crafted
pair of
Holo-coms
. The devices had a little chain attached to them, to allow them to be securely fixed to one's belt.

They each had a monogram embossed into them in Silver, one with a H the other an M. He had undoubtably mentioned the devices before now and continued to beam as he then set about over-explaining what they did.
"Ef yuh touch de device, when dese button are pressed, den yuh cun talk tuh each-other see? Any time, ova any distance."
He was far to excited to do this in any other was than with exuberance and anticipation of their response to the gifts.
"Your's 'as room far tree wells, soh yuh cun connect tuh three different devices. Yuh gat one far Milicent, one far me and de final one goes tuh dis one..."
He patted the second box.
"Which es far Saiore."
He whispered the next bit.
"Dis one 'as a betta image quality. Hehe. Bot et's de same in al odda ways. It only 'as a well far your cam doh at de moment. Ef she would like anodda two, den she cun jost let me know an' me will send dem."

He took a breath, it was not a long one, but certainly offered a short opportunity for them to respond.

Angela nudged him on the shoulder, here eyes bulging as there was obviously more yet to come.
"Hehe... OK... Yars, Millicent, 'as a little somet'in' extra alsoh."
He smiled and gestured to her device.
"Ef yuh 'old et en yuh 'and an' tink af Saiore and Saiore's Dream... Yuh cun nak a dar an open a gateway tuh Dream, any time yuh like, fram anywhere yuh like. Pirates are noh."
There was absolutely no doubt in his mind that she knew what this was as Horatio will likely have used it to get them around on countless occasions... but now she could do it herself.

There was a moment of concern as the ferret finally considered something...

The Devil on My Shoulder
Curiosity: What if she's already got Saiore's mark.
Winston: ...
Curiosity: Yeah, like, the Saiore's Gateway is like the FIRST power you get offered.
Winston: Dat es true...
Curiosity: Woah! That would be akward. Ha! And a bit of a waste of time.
Winston: Hmmmm.... Noh.
Curiosity: Really?
Winston: Yeah, dem will love et anyway.
All template credit, love and admiration goes to Pyrre Ej'qy
word count: 1063

Appearance

When standing at his full height, Winston towers a full 1 foot and one blueberry tall. A fact he will happily demonstrate before flicking said blue orb into the air with his nose and then eating it with a snappy grin.

His eyes are dark and sharp, ringed by dark brown fur upon the bright white fur that sets off across the rest of his face.

Equipement

Winston usually carries the following on his person:
  • Cassion's Locket hangs snugly around his neck.
  • Winston's Fairy Bell hangs from his tool-belt attached to his hip. It's 'ringer' is often bound by a small piece of cloth to prevent it giving away his position while in the wilderness.
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Re: [Saiore's Dream] Not wanting, just giving

It had not been an easy time for the Thunderbussels, not at all. The two of them were troubled and carried with them a trauma which was not yet dealt with. However, they were also both very close to Saoire and there was frankly no better therapist on Idalos than that Immortal.

So, the pair of them were traumatised and Winston would note that they were more inclined - Horatio especially - to reach out a hand (paw?) to the other; to seek comfort in a physical touch or reassurance of the other one just being there - they didn't hide it, but they also didn't linger in it. The pair of them were pleased and happy to see Winston and they were more than willing to put their heads down and work with Winston and Angela in order to bring about the very best they all could for Scalvoris.

During the conversation, they asked about the Scalv-Chef, but it was in a way which specifically had them sharing a glance. Like they knew something that they weren't telling. Whatever it was, there was a shared smile between the Thunderbussels which spoke of something good . But when the work talk was done, Milicent got on with some food and then they were able to sit and just be together as friends.

When Winston and Angela handed over the gifts, though, the Thunderbussels reacted with surprise. "You didn't need to do that!" Millicent said as she accepted the gift, before opening it. "You're so kind"

The pair were grateful before they opened the gifts. Once they had, though, there were gasps of amazement. "Oh I say, what ho! These are just splendiferous!" Horatio said. "You three," he included Angela, Chest and Winston as the three, "you are terribly kind thank you so much." Millicent was quiet, her eyes wide and then she looked up and met Winston's gaze. Tears stood out in her eyes and she was obviously overwhelmed with emotion. She didn't say anything at first, but she moved and hugged Winston, then Angela and then Chest. Each of the three of them were hugged.

As Winston explained what the extra was in Millicent's device, she listened to his words and she started to sob. But they were happy tears, there was no doubting it. Horatio moved and put his arms around his wife, leading her to sit down. "That's so very thoughtful," he said and his voice was filled with emotion. "So very thoughtful," he repeated.

"Lets have some nice dessert," Millicent said, sniffling slightly. "I wish we could feed you, Chest. Is there anything you'd enjoy?" She wanted everyone to be happy and Chest was always the one that she was worried about. "I'll make a new recipie I'm developing. I call it 'Falldrass' Mess' - it's meringue and cream and fresh fruit."

word count: 485
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Winston
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Nearly died? Here, why not re-live it over tea!
The state of his dear friends was a source of grate regret for him. He suppressed any outward dismay as best he could as they spoke and caught up. There was little he could do to help them now... aside from perhaps just be around...

When the Scalv-chef-off was mentioned, Angela beamed and Winston pursed his lips playfully.
"Angela 'as been workin' an all sorts, bot she es much betta keep keepin' et secret den me."

The girl chuckled.
"It's hard to keep something secret when you blow up your kitchen on a regular basis."

The ferret adopted a playful expression of insult and shock.
"Wat? Me 'ave only don dat like... Once."

"Are you forgetting..."

"Yeah, OK, like twice mun. Taps."
Angela give him a skeptical stair before turning to Horatio.
"It happens so often, he's had to add a sign to his forge offering a warning."

Winston looked a little guilty for a moment before they both laughed.

When Millicent gave her initial thanks, he giggled at her comment.
"Af cars nat. Et wud nat be a gift ef me 'ad tuh."
He said with a smile. He hugged Millicent with a small lump in his throat. He was so glad she was safe, so very, very glad... The hug might have lasted a little longer than necessary until he let her move on to share her gratitude with Angela and Chest.

Chest wriggled into their cushion with an air of being entirely pleased with themself and Angela waved off the gratitude with a smile.
"You're welcome, but I didn't really do anything."

As it all became too much for Millicent to contain and Horatio moved in to console her he began to seriously doubt his choice.

The Devil on My Shoulder
Guilt: You've overdone it, dufus.
Winston: ... Oh mun.
Curiosity: Happy tears. Happy, right?
Guilt: They have been traumatised and you've just bought it all back into their face, like it was yastertrial! All so YOU could feel like you helped!
Winston: Noh... Me just wanted tuh, yuh know...
Guilt: Say sorry.
Curiosity: Ask if they are OK.
Desperation: DESSERT! YES!! Oh thank the Immortals...
Winston: Maybe she wants some space...

"Desert! Yus. Yus please!"
He said with perhaps a little too much zeal as the escape hatch was offered.
"Oh. Me dont' know where dem keeps et. Bot dem likes a glass af brandy fram time tuh time."
There was a frank honesty to the statement, as since the very trial they met, he had became aware that his companion liked brandy. He never really questioned it, but did rather expect to stumble across a little brandy-pond at some point inside him. This had to date, however, not happened.

If a small sup of brandy was offered, Chest would open its lid and loll their tongue in anticipation as someone poured the liquid in and the construct gave a little shiver as it ran over its tongue as they sat back down with what was somewhere between a belch and a creak.

"Oh that sounds splendid! I'd love that."
Angela replied to their host's offer.
"Can I help at all?"
Winston watched to see how their friend responded. If it seemed like she was glad for the opportunity to get away to recover for a moment, he'd encourage Angela to stay with them while the recovering hostess retreated.

"Oh, me 'ave been workin' an me rainbow fud. Me 'ave rainbow rice, rainbow crackas, rainbow ice cream... All af dem turn yuh rainbow-coloured. OH! Me made a bar af metal dat tastes like cake too! Hehe. Nat exactly baking, but et involves an oven an' some cake."

He'd share stories of turning himself rainbow coloured in the process and if they were interested, any insights into the recipes, which would quickly start to involve a lot more alchemy then bakery.
"Fairy fud es de best also, but et still only works en Sweetwine an' oh mun. De recipes are dependant an de time af trial and even de place!."

He'd let their hosts move off for a little privacy if they wanted, or keep them entertained with the stories of his travels, of meeting Cassion and returning Rabu to Kisaik, all the time painting others as the heros nd him almost simply as witness.
All template credit, love and admiration goes to Pyrre Ej'qy
word count: 753

Appearance

When standing at his full height, Winston towers a full 1 foot and one blueberry tall. A fact he will happily demonstrate before flicking said blue orb into the air with his nose and then eating it with a snappy grin.

His eyes are dark and sharp, ringed by dark brown fur upon the bright white fur that sets off across the rest of his face.

Equipement

• Winston's Fairy Bell hangs from his tool-belt attached to his hip. It's 'ringer' is often bound by a small piece of cloth to prevent it giving away his position while in the wilderness.
Winston
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Rewards Requested

Notes/Warnings: This was originally a modded thread, as Winston is giving gifts to Saiore via her Champion Horatio. Peg is a bit overwhelmed atm though, so I've just submitted it as if it was a solo for the usual Solo rewards :-)

He gives the thunderbustles
holocom's
for themselves and a also give them a holo-com for Saiore. I will PSF for recognision from Saiore and the Telka mark later, if this is warrented, of course.

The holo-coms in question where created here.

Note: The Holo-com for Saiore deliberately does NOT include a connection to Winston, as without mod permission I decided this was not an appropriate thing to propose in a solo. Thus he is only connected to Horatio, though Horatio is connected to Saiore of course, making it possible for them to converse should a mod ever decide it would be appropriate.

Thread: [Saiore's Dream] Not wanting, just giving
City/Area: Faldrass Island
Losses:
3 x Holo-coms made here.

Loot: Winston now has a Holo-com connected to Horatio Thunderbustle, whole in turn is connected to Saiore, making it possible for them to converse should a mod ever decide it would be appropriate.

Renown: Reviewer discretion.
Wealth Points: N/A
Collaboration: No
Local Language Thread? No
 ! Message from: Pig Boy
Done!
word count: 301

Appearance

Equipement

Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Profession: Rharne City Moderator
Renown: 666
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Winston

Feedback

Awww, what a cuddly little snuggle session.

I'm sure Horatio and Milly will appreciate the town-portals for when they get into a spot of trouble, although I'll admit I'm confused why Horatio didn't use his championness to help himself out in the first place. PErhaps because Milly isn't similarly blessed and didn't want to leave her behind.

Anyway, good writing.

Rewards

• Renown: 10
  • XP: 15

Knowledges

• Logistics: Keep a log of everything
  • Socialization: Spreading the word
  • Socialization: Gift Giving: Don't keep people in suspense too long
  • Woodworking: Basic join work to build a box
  • Discipline: Suppressing sorrow
  • Psychology: Recovering from trauma makes people act differently
  • Socialization: Picking up social queues used by people to get space
  • Storytelling: Making a fool of yourself to make a good story
word count: 137

Your thread has been reviewed and its rewards issued! See your request here. Manage your rewards here.

Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Faldrass Island”