I can't make heads nor tails of it!

22nd of Ymiden 718

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Fanatical Philanthropist
Renown: 2270
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Padraig stopped dead in his tracks when she told him she'd been accused of murder. Things did not get less intense for him, she knew and Faith was quick to take his hand. Looking at him, she nodded when he asked about Cyrus. "I was dead when he got in there. He had just.. he kissed my forehead and promised me that he'd be the one to go find you, that he'd bring you home. Then I woke." She looked at Padraig and wished that she had the words to express what she felt. "I asked him to let me be the one to tell you." Faith couldn't explain what a deeply personal and private experience it had been. She would tell Padraig all of it, every last bit if that was what he wanted, she had no secrets from him. But no one else.

As he pulled her close to him, Faith clung on to him and just held on. This was what she needed, she knew - time with him. Them, together. She held on to him and nestled against him, just in the moment. He spoke of this place being trouble for them and Faith considered his words. She didn't know what to do, but he did. The emotions she felt threatened to drown her as they washed over her like a tidal wave. Then, he spoke again and Faith lifted her head and looked at him as he suggested perhaps they needed a change of scenery. Tugging his hand, she moved till they were next to a tree; Faith sat and urged him to do the same. Assuming he did, she moved so that she was nestled in his arms - as once she had slept in a woods in Andaris.

"There is no me without you, Padraig. Toes to dimples." His insistence on her having dimples in obscure places like her ears was just one of the many ways he showed her how much he loved her. "I am shoddy at expressing how much I need you, but that does not change how great that need is. You are mine," her hand reached up to stroke his cheek. "And I am yours." They had gotten themselves in a position where they were trapped. Both of them, but she had to admit her more than him. Yet, she couldn't just abandon all the work. So, leaning against him for a moment Faith thought about it. Cally's could run without her now, funding Beacon, the farm, the vineyard all adding and the orphanage, clinic and soup kitchen benefiting from that. Kura could maintain Isonomia's work here.

Rharne? Faith looked at him with earnest eyes. Her mind ticked through a hundred different thoughts but the bottom line for her? "That sounds good." All the other things, he knew. That she would still be who she was, he didn't need her to say. But she would be that person having learnt a valuable lesson. And as much as she'd stay where they were all trial, she looked at him and smiled. "Come on you. We've got vapor trails to hunt."
word count: 530
Life, Death and the In-Between .
Padraig
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Renown: 939
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 9

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

What could she tell him about what had happened, that she hadn't already, or that he didn't intuitively understand already? It wasn't the way it happened that was so shocking or difficult to contend with. It was that it had happened at all. That he hadn't been here, hadn't sensed it and hadn't known. None of that could be changed now or turned back. Faith was here, she was whole, that was what really mattered. "He loves you," he said, speaking of Cyrus. "I can't see him ever saying it aloud. He says I just the same I guess," Padraig concluded.

What they needed, well they needed each other, and they needed the time for each other. She'd get no resistance from him, so far as pausing their search and sitting beneath the nearest tree. "You're wrong. You excel at it," he said when Faith claimed to have trouble expressing herself and her feelings.

"I don't need words. The message is loud and clear, and I know I don't say it as often as I should, but the same is true for me, ten times over." Their current jobs on Scalvoris? The businesses and other responsibilities? Those were all details that could be easily worked out. They were the logistics of picking up and moving elsewhere. Logistics were things you sorted out, was ll.

"Good," he said, smiling, standing up and taking Faith's hand. "Rhane it is. It'll be an adventure for all of us." Not unlike the lark that they were currently engaged in. Somewhere out there, maybe, was evidence of something remarkable that had fallen from the sky. The maybe meant that perhaps there'd be nothing at all to find. But they were both scholars, and they'd be poor ones indeed were they to opt to ignore it.
word count: 322
Aegis
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

[anchor=OptionFour][/anchor]
Thread Review
Faith
  • Skill Points +15
  • Renown -
  • Skill Knowledges
    1. N/A
  • Non-Skill Knowledges
    1. N/A
  • Items and Other Rewards
    1. N/A
Padraig
  • Skill Points +15
  • Renown -
  • Skill Knowledges
    1. N/A
  • Non-Skill Knowledges
    1. N/A
  • Items and Other Rewards
    1. N/A

Final Notes

This was a lovely refreshing thread. I'm digging Padraig's shift away from the scholarly success to a path more in line with his own inner nerdiness and a love for his family. Huge dork, but a most lovable one. As for Faith, it's fun seeing her guesses at the comet and related phenomenon, and being the steadfast emotional presence, despite withholding much inner turmoil. Y'all go together like peanut butter and chocolate. Well done the both of you.

If you have any questions, please PM me. Also please add the provided stamp to your review request found here and please update your CS with all of this information.

Code: Select all

[center][img]/gallery/image.php?album_id=39&image_id=12064[/img][/center]
word count: 174
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Scalvoris Town”