[Viden] Bounties and Odd Jobs

Looking for odd jobs to do in Viden? Come find them here!

Old calendars, sign ups etc. OOC threads which are no longer used.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Jade
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Profession: Prophet
Renown: 0
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Viden
COMMUNITY NOTICES, BOUNTIES, & RUMORS
Across the region, within every tavern, is a massive board full of listings that are taken from or added to the parchment stuffed wall daily. There is no shortage of odd jobs within Viden, as it seems almost everyone could use a helping hand with something. For today, however, these are recently pinned up for claiming by citizens and adventurers.

OOC Note: Please post to this thread if you're claiming an odd job, rumor, or bounty. You can also suggest possible jobs for future postings or make one yourself if your character needs help with something!

Community Notices
Volunteers Wanted - Always Needed
The military factions of Viden are seeking volunteers to collect honing oil from Snow Nets. Volunteers must have competency in Herbalism to successfully harvest the oil, have the necessities to survive in the Tundra for a number of breaks at a time, and not be squeamish about placing animals in harm's way of the flora. Rodents and other small creatures will be provided. You must bring your own protection either in the form of a guard or your own weapons.
Risk- Low
Rewards: yes

*NOTE* : This task cannot be completed more than twice per cycle by any PC
Transcriber Required
The Institute of Science are seeking people to transcribe notes to aid researchers. Researchers will conduct various experiments and the transcriber must be able to note down data, observations and the like. Those with a good background in Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and/or Physics are particularly sought after but anyone who prove to be diligent, disciplined and with an attention to detail will be greatly appreciated.

Rewards: 1 Wealth point for a full weeks work

Rumours
It is said that there is a special book in the Prime Atheneum, one that contains an odd message scrawled on the inside of the back cover. Some say it's nonsense, others say that it was written by a treasure hunter who hid his secrets there for his associates. If true, it might hold the key to discovering treasure or some other secrets infinitely more valuable. It is said to be scrawled at the back of a book about the Tundra.
Rewards: Unknown
OOC Notes: A player is welcome to try to decipher the note, puzzling through it in character is advised. PM a link to your thread to a mod and additional clues will be provided.
► Show Spoiler

Bounties
Information Sought
The Intelligence Authority is seeking information about a Yludih criminal believed to be smuggling narcotics and bootleg alcohol through the city. This criminal is thought to be using Viden as a base of operations before moving her stock elsewhere as there have only been a few cases brought to the Infirmary with spiked alcohol. She is not believed to be physically dangerous but she is a shapeshifter and a manipulator so those dealing with her are advised to approach her with caution. Her known forms are those of an Ellune and a buxom, redheaded human about 5 foot in height. She is believed to use a number of alias but the only name known is 'Smoke'.

Reward:yes
OOC Notes: Self-modded with the possibility of modbombing/modded thread depending on success of investigation. A player may write as many threads as they wish on this.
Forgers
Thieves among the merchants- Merchants from all over the city find their important documents have been taken. They suspect the items will be used for forgery. The guild masters are offering rewards for any documents returned or information leading to their things. (OOC: reward will be dependent on which guild papers a pc returns or has information on)
Risk: Low

Boar?
The rangers put out a bounty for the hide and tusks of a dire boar. It has been seen close to the entrance of the city. They stress the danger of going alone and suggest a party attempt to take on the old beast.
Risk: Medium

From the Mariners
The Mer are a constant threat to Viden, not just to the physical safety of those who travel on the waters or near them, but also to the city's economic prosperity. Merchants and visitors to the city are quite reliant on the use of Synnefa Bay and the Hollow Sea further to the north and while we Mariners do our utmost to keep everyone safe, we would greatly appreciate any and all assistance in keeping these malicious creatures away from our waters. Thus, we offer a handsome reward for anyone who kills Mer and brings proof of their kill - a head should suffice.
- Risk: low to high
If anyone travels that way, the southern section of Synnefa Bay are often rampant with Mer.

Rewards: Mariners will provide varying rewards for the number of heads brought in.
Low reward: 10 heads
Medium reward: 25 heads
High reward: 40+ heads
word count: 857
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”J.R.R. Tolkien
Whisper
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Profession: Storyteller
Renown: 394
Plot Notes
Office
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Viden
COMMUNITY BOUNTIES
Across the region, within every tavern, is a massive board full of listings that are taken from or added to the parchment stuffed wall daily. There is no shortage of odd jobs within Viden, as it seems almost everyone could use a helping hand with something. For today, however, these are recently pinned up for claiming by citizens and adventurers.

PC Accepted Bounties to be listed here.
word count: 70
Whisper
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Profession: Storyteller
Renown: 394
Plot Notes
Office
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Faith wrote:

To: Doctor LeVarro of the "Bedside Manor", Etzos.
Etzos city guard,
Captains of Rynmere Iron Hand,
Order of the Adunih outposts throughout Idalos.
Chancellor of Viden Academy,
Chancellor of Rynmere University,
Seacres Medical Facility, Ne'haer.
Temple of Moseke, Desnind
Medicine House, Desnind
Empress of the Eternal Empire, via Kura

Sent: 40th Zi'da, 717

Re: Noth / Prince of Eternal Mercies.

I am writing to inform you of the identity of a known murderer who resides in Etzos. On 40th Zi'da, 717, I was making my way to meet my long term friend, Aeon, previously a member of the Rynmere Iron Hand and hero of the Rynmere Civil War. He was also part of the group who defended Ne'haer against the shadow beast attacks in Vhalar 716. Today, I witnessed his murder by the hands of a half-avriel known to me as Noth. He has a very specific appearance, being half avriel and having only one wing.

Noth revealed himself to me, also, as the "Prince of Eternal Mercies", a moniker he used here in Scalvoris when he killed a criminal and hung him from a tree. To-trial, I watched Noth push Aeon into the fire of a burning building, without pause or remorse. Aeon was in there saving a baby - an infant - Noth took the child from Aeon's hands and pushed Aeon back into the flames. I took the child from him, as the guards came around the corner and he then utilised some kind of teleport / rupture portal / item and disappeared.

In Scalvoris he is now wanted for arson and murder. He has murdered a hero of Andaris and Ne'haer. I was unable to stop him as I am in the late stages of pregnancy and could not engage him, but he was clear that he and I would struggle. I presume this was some kind of threat but, that notwithstanding, his acts of murder must be brought to justice.

I can not chase him, but I send this letter to as many places, and people, as I can, in the hope that the walls will close around him and he will be brought to answer for his crimes.

With hope for justice,

Faith Augustin.
word count: 375
Jonathan Burr
Race: Human
Profession: Academic
Renown: 45
Character Sheet
Templates

Contribution

RP Medals

Re: [Viden] Bounties and Odd Jobs

Jon is claiming the Transcriber Required and Prime Aethenium book quest.

Transcriber Required: viewtopic.php?f=228&t=13880
word count: 19
Doran
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: 1162
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

I'm claiming the "Information Sought" bounty.
word count: 7

Mutations

N/A

Blessings

N/A

Worn Items

Ring of Reversal
Ring of Immunity
Cyrus
Approved Character
Race: Ellune
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

Miscellaneous

B O U N T Y - C L A I M

Interested in picking up the Boar? bounty. Will likely be a multi-thread series while Cyrus increases his skills and will be open for others to join.
Boar?
The rangers put out a bounty for the hide and tusks of a dire boar. It has been seen close to the entrance of the city. They stress the danger of going alone and suggest a party attempt to take on the old beast.
Risk: Medium
Reward: Yes
 ! Message from: Tempest
Fabulous! Let me know if I can help in any way
word count: 101
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Out in the Cold Archives”