Xiur's Champion: For Vega and Friends.

The plot development forum is designed for players and groups to keep track of their plot lines, goals they wish their characters to complete in each season, and anything else that may tie into your character's past, present, and future. Please remember that this is not the Personal Journals forum and should not be treated as such. All information posted within this forum should be information that ties back to your character within the Standing Trials Roleplay.

Moderator: Staff

Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Profession: Rharne City Moderator
Renown: 666
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Xiur's Champion: For Vega and Friends.

Hello, this is the tracker for Vega's Champion Task by Xiur, detailed in this post.

There are a good number of objectives to meet, at which point I will judge what if any action is needed on the moderator side for the Championing of Vega.
  • Find a suitable spot - where in Hopetoun will it be.
  • Acquire the appropriate materials - For the structure you're wanting to build.
  • Hire on the workers and master craftsmen needed to work the materials to the level that is needed.- By whatever means are available to you, but Xiur will be watching.
  • Build the beacon - determine the size, shape, height, material, etc. Will it be constructed or grown.
  • Finish up the Beacon - determine the size, shape, height, material, etc. Will it be constructed or grown.
  • Make it a beacon of hope - using abilities or skills.
  • Prepare for the arrivals - in every way you see fit.
  • Light the beacon - test it works!
  • Determine where to send/what to do with the arrivals - Will the refugees be housed in Hopetoun, Saoire's Dream? Anywhere else? Will they be kept together or split up?
As you complete these conditions, please submit them to this tracker, where I will look them over, and make sure everything is up to snuff. Please do not submit for grading until I tell you to. I may want to grade some myself, and when it's all said and done, will submit myself to the Settlement thread for Hopetoun.

Code: Select all

[b]Thread/Link:[/b]
[b]Condition Satisfied:[/b]
[b]Potential Complications:[/b]
[b]Summary:[/b]
word count: 265
Vega
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Hat-Wearer
Renown: 1789
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Xiur's Champion: For Vega and Friends.

Thread/Link: An Unexpected Visitor
Condition Satisfied: Find a spot
Potential Complications: We could let Xiur down :(
Summary: Vega and Doran are chatting, Xiur pops in, gives them the job. They start planning, looking at what they can do. They agree on a spot - a place Vega has decided is called Hope Point. They plan - what will the actual tower / construction be (they're thinking a living tree) and then discuss the use of alchemy to make this a "beacon of hope" utilising marks, etc.
 ! Message from: Pig Boy
Noted. I will review this personally, as soon as I've finished up a few more that I owe.

In the meantime, you're good to pursue blood magic with the following mark knowledges for Doran. You'll need three in total for each ability, so please claim more knowledges for the blood magic thread if you want to use them:

Nalos: Night Torch: Can be used to imbue any item with a brilliant light.
Nalos: Fulcrum of Fervour: A word can be chosen which becomes a battle cry, a word that spreads the feeling it invokes.
Nalos: Fulcrum of Fervour: Lasts an entire trial.
Nalos: Fulcrum of Fervour: Can spread hope.
Nalos: Guiding Stars: The stars can be used in order to find one's way to safety.
Nalos: Guiding Stars: Allows one to see the stars through murky conditions.
Nalos: Guiding Stars: The stars show the blessed where they should go.
Nalos: Empowered Sunset: Puts starlight into things, allowing the Nalos to repair or heal them.
Nalos: Empowered Sunset: Can enchant things that aren't broken if used on them.

These mark knowledges count toward the skilled knowledge totals for Doran's participation in this thread.
Last edited by Vega on Sat May 01, 2021 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 286

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Thread/Link: Writing to Darius
Condition Satisfied: Getting workers / craftsmen
Potential Complications: He could say no. Or throw us out of the settlement.
Summary: She appeals to Darius to help with this task - as a community. Darius replies with a big fat yes!

You'll have laborers from the settlement, helping with the actual construction and preparation for crafting stuff. They still need highly skilled workers to act as foremen, for these laborers however. I'll touch on that in my next modnote down below.
Last edited by Vega on Mon May 10, 2021 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 88

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Thread/Link: Writing to Saoire
Condition Satisfied: Getting workers / craftsmen
Potential Complications: Vega's handwriting! :D
Summary: Vega warns Saoire about what's happening / to come (as far as she knows) and she asks if Saoire has any thought either on building the beacon or helping the former slaves.
Please dev some skilled craftsmen from Saoire's school (as either students or teachers), who will come to visit Hopetoun as a student exchange. The letter where she responds is here.
word count: 82

Doran
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: 1192
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Thread/Link: Yellow Glass
Condition Satisfied: Acquire the appropriate materials
Potential Complications: The glow from the alchemically enhanced glass alone is not strong enough to penetrate the fog.
Summary: Doran uses yellow sand from Scalvoris in order to enhance the glass panes that Vega and he will use for their beacon and make them glow. He also adds something to strengthen the effect. Phosphorescent items are charged by exposure to light; a light source/a flame will be placed near the glass on the finished beacon for that purpose.
Noted! The light of the glass on its own isn't quite powerful enough to pierce a fog, but may well do with some enhancements to the lense, a regular light source, mirrors, and the proper physics knowhow. The stage is set for the beacon, but it will take more steps accomplished to put the pieces together, to see if they work as intended.
word count: 156

Mutations

N/A

Blessings

N/A

Worn Items

Ring of Reversal
Ring of Immunity
Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Thread/Link: First Steps
Condition Satisfied: Using the workers / craftsmen provided by Darius here and the resources gained here
Potential Complications: The time frame is short. But the following things will speed it up (I hope, sufficiently)
  • The NPCs + PCs are all working at 1 skill level above their usual anyhow.
  • Vega's Endurance Capstone means she just keeps going / is a powerhouse.
  • Leadership Capstone 1 - means it gets done faster / better
  • Leadership Capstone 2 - means it gets done faster
  • Leadership Capstone 3 - this will combine with Leadership Capstone 2 to make the job done in 1/4 of the time. Therefore Capstone 1 will improve the quality of the stuff, I guess?
  • The Flag of F'liberyThe impact on those in the area is that they have a shared sense of identity, of community, and they work together better. There is less conflict, more co-operation and people are, basically, happier, more hopeful and getting on better. This translates to a drive to get on and work and impacts PCs and NPCs thus:

NPCs: Learn and develop skills more quickly. In the case of personal NPCs, once they have met the criteria for skill improvement, rather than 10 points per season, they gain 15. City NPCs who are used in the same way (2 x threads per season) may also be improved in this way, with moderator approval.

PCs: PCs who are working towards the goal of the clan are given more support, more help. Things happen quicker and more efficiently for that reason. PCs who are actively using skills which benefit the "clan" and are doing so with NPCs / PCs of the "clan" - may assume that the task is less difficult and by everything going smoothly and people helping, everything falls together more easily. This allows the task to be easier / a stroke of luck /teamwork to mean that the task is completed in 50% of the time OR to 2 levels higher a standard than they could otherwise achieve.
    should make things happen to either 50% less time (which is already a quarter?!) or 2 levels above what could normally be achieved. If I'm allowed the 2 levels above, then I'd like that, but it would take Vega to Tier 2 (she's currently master - the +1 from her daily fiddling would take her to GM, this to Tier 2 - Competent).
Summary:
Vega starts the building process with her cousin. She makes templates of the base pieces of the spiral stairs and the place that will be called "Nella's Kitchen" and will make jam / preserve / etc - once those templates are made, Reese (her cousin) goes back to the group of Settlers and they start working. Once Vega has visited Doran, she'll go back to the settlers, and she'll join the work.
Noted. The steps and parameters are set, and will be able to be fine-tuned once the highly skilled craftsmen from Saoire's School arrive.
word count: 497

Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

I hope these are ok.

Herman - a Peer Mentor for Master Construction
Garfunkle - a Teacher and Student of Glassblowing
Mavis - a Peer Mentor for Jewel Crafting
Reggie - a Teacher for Smithing
and
Rover a Business Management / Leadership / foreman type.

Thanks!
NPCs are good to be used, once you teach them all a class on basic survival, hunting or some other form of self-sufficiency. You can teach them all at once, or split it up. Other cadouri (flavor npcs) will accompany them for lessons from Vega, as she promised to give.
word count: 94

Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Thread/Link: Framing Things
Condition Satisfied: Resources, Build the Beacon, Make it a Beacon of Hope.
Potential Complications: It's alchemy . It's a huge job.
  • The NPCs + PCs are all working at 1 skill level above their usual anyhow.
  • Vega's Endurance Capstone means she just keeps going / is a powerhouse.
  • Leadership Capstone 1 - means it gets done faster / better
  • Leadership Capstone 2 - means it gets done faster
  • Leadership Capstone 3 - this will combine with Leadership Capstone 2 to make the job done in 1/4 of the time. Therefore Capstone 1 will improve the quality of the stuff, I guess?
  • The Flag of F'liberyThe impact on those in the area is that they have a shared sense of identity, of community, and they work together better. There is less conflict, more co-operation and people are, basically, happier, more hopeful and getting on better. This translates to a drive to get on and work and impacts PCs and NPCs thus:

NPCs: Learn and develop skills more quickly. In the case of personal NPCs, once they have met the criteria for skill improvement, rather than 10 points per season, they gain 15. City NPCs who are used in the same way (2 x threads per season) may also be improved in this way, with moderator approval.

PCs: PCs who are working towards the goal of the clan are given more support, more help. Things happen quicker and more efficiently for that reason. PCs who are actively using skills which benefit the "clan" and are doing so with NPCs / PCs of the "clan" - may assume that the task is less difficult and by everything going smoothly and people helping, everything falls together more easily. This allows the task to be easier / a stroke of luck /teamwork to mean that the task is completed in 50% of the time OR to 2 levels higher a standard than they could otherwise achieve.
    should make things happen to either 50% less time (which is already a quarter?!) or 2 levels above what could normally be achieved. If I'm allowed the 2 levels above, then I'd like that, but it would take Vega to Tier 2 (she's currently master - the +1 from her daily fiddling would take her to GM, this to Tier 2 - Competent).
Summary:
Doran alchemificates (we made up the word) - using blood alchemy - the beacon. we get the magic stuff done here.
Reviewed. Let me know if there are questions.
word count: 416

Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Profession: Rharne City Moderator
Renown: 666
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Up To DATE!

word count: 3
Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Thread/Link: Rule #2 Don't Get Killed
Condition Satisfied: HIre the Workers
Potential Complications: I don't think so.
Summary:
Having met the people from Saoire's Dream ( here ) Vega sets out the schedule for them. She'll teach them + settlers together - but this session was getting them thinking about how - as cadouri - they face a unique situation.

She teaches them that survival starts with planning and gets them thinking about that. My plan is to do two more threads where she teaches survival / fieldcraft. Please note that I've put this up for "normal" review - I'm putting it here as an FYI
Noted, and this has been reviewed.
Last edited by Vega on Mon May 24, 2021 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 114

Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Plot Development”