• Closed • Deep Thoughts

9th of Vhalar 723

Your thread has been reviewed and its rewards issued! See your request here. Manage your rewards here.

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Nir'wei
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Councillor of Natural Affairs
Renown: 987
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Deep Thoughts

Nir'wei could only smile sheepishly and nod along as Kura immediately launched into her lecture. Well, she wasn't wrong - it really was his first time truly planning anything of this scale, and his first time dealing with military logistics. At least she seemed to have a reasonable grasp of it. In the back of his mind, he made a note to schedule another appointment... possibly multiple appointments over the next few seasons, to learn more about all the things he'd probably end up missing through the process. Maybe set aside one or two of the members of the Office just to deal with the financials, and the acquisitions, and... and...

He steeled himself and took a deep breath, pushing down on the weights suddenly added to his shoulders. "I'll handle it." The Menageries needed to be expanded, improved, upgraded? He knew exactly where to start on that front, at least. He'd worry about those parts first, and settle the other affairs as they came. With one notable exception, of course. "I'll speak to Vega as quickly as possible. The Menagerie... I'll visit that afterwards, and put together a list of infrastructure ideas to help settle and reorganise. As well as put some of my other ideas into motion there - new breeding grounds, and better room for training facilities."

Pausing to reflect, he raised a finger, too. "I'll also be in contact with Saoire's Dream. I'll fill you in later. Depending on what they say. This might give us more opportunities though, if we're already planning on expanding the Menagerie - to make something that could put us head and shoulders above the competition. Including Viden." After all, Saoire's Dream was a bastion of learning, but if Viden could outsource their Universities onto Scalvoris grounds, who said that she couldn't do the same?

"Thank you for your time, Alberach." He smiled as he said it, honouring the title even if this meeting had been quite the informal one anyway. "I'll have detailed plans drawn up and sent to you as soon as I've put together everything we need and gained approval by all involved. It will probably take some time, a season or two to get things running, but I'll do my best."
word count: 387
We return to where we started, and pass onwards into history.
Nir'wei
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Councillor of Natural Affairs
Renown: 987
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Rewards Requested

Notes/Warnings: None.

Thread: Deep Thoughts
City/Area: Scalvoris Town

Renown: None
Do you want this to be considered for Mark Progression? N
If so - which mark.
Peer Reviewers: Please give feedback as to whether you feel this is appropriate for Mark Progression.
Once feedback is received, player should then post in the PSF.
If any PC in this thread is in a faction, please list them: Nir'wei is Fire-Forged and Warden of Lake Lovalus.
Faction Points: None
Wealth Points: None
- If you are claiming Wealth Points, please link to your Wealth Thread for this season, as Wealth Points can not be awarded before this is completed:
Collaboration: Yes
Local Language Thread? No
 ! Message from: Winston
Done!
word count: 137
We return to where we started, and pass onwards into history.
Winston
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Cadouri
Profession: Groundskeeper
Renown: 1011
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 9

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Review & Rewards
Skill Review: Appropriate to level.

Nir'wei

Feedback

I am growing increasingly fond of the insights I get into Nir'wie's relationship with Cold and his other companions. You put a lot of depth into them and his care for them and it shows through your writing. Nice work.

"weaponizin' Scalvonite fauna"..

I would like to say "nothing could go wrong with that plan", but hay, there's a lot of chaos monkeys out there. :-p

Nir'wie is tackling some really deep questions here with Kura, how he can fit into the world without simply ringfencing himself off. this kind of character development is awsome to read and you targeted it really well. Thanks for a great read.

It was really interesting to get an insight into the plans for Scalvoris' military also and how it might be reformed.

Please enjoy your rewards.

Rewards

• Renown: 10
  • XP: 15

Knowledges

• Leadership: x7
  • Logistics: x4

Kura Wolfsdotter

Feedback

Yay! Pirate Lord clean-sweep! :-p

Your inclusion of your NPCs is immersive and very enriching to the entire narrative and really made the story feel more complete.

"weaponizin' Scalvonite fauna"..

I would like to say "nothing could go wrong with that plan", but hay, there's a lot of chaos monkeys out there. :-p

Kura's advice here was open and frank and read as really sincere. The kind of character development that comes from these kinds of threads is really great to see and was very enjoyable to read! Thanks for a great thread!

It was really interesting to get an insight into the plans for Scalvoris' military also and how it might be reformed.

Please enjoy your rewards.

Rewards

• Renown: 10
  • XP: 15

Consequences

• Kura is finding puppy fur floating around her office for weeks :-p

Winston's Catch of the Day is YOU!

word count: 307

Appearance

When standing at his full height, Winston towers a full 1 foot and one blueberry tall. A fact he will happily demonstrate before flicking said blue orb into the air with his nose and then eating it with a snappy grin.

His eyes are dark and sharp, ringed by dark brown fur upon the bright white fur that sets off across the rest of his face.

Equipement

Winston usually carries the following on his person:
  • Cassion's Locket hangs snugly around his neck.
  • Winston's Fairy Bell hangs from his tool-belt attached to his hip. It's 'ringer' is often bound by a small piece of cloth to prevent it giving away his position while in the wilderness.

Your thread has been reviewed and its rewards issued! See your request here. Manage your rewards here.

Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Scalvoris Town”