• Out of Character • Rharne Plot Helper

A bright and joyful land on the surface, Rharne is a place that is full of mirth and mystery. With its capitol seated on the edge of Lake Lovalus, it serves as a busy trade city and tourist destination. Beyond the city lies the Stormlands, a sprawling golden countryside that is bursting with towns, farms and local wildlife.

Moderators: Pig Boy , Basilisk Snek

Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Profession: Rharne City Moderator
Renown: 666
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Re: Rharne Plot Helper

Orik Qe'Ryn wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:35 pm Getting Started in Rharne Form
Character Name: Orik Qe'Ryn
Resident or Visitor: Resident
What sort of plots are you interested in for this character?: Brawling, Drinking, Increasing interest in faith with Illaren

While looking at the Calendar and other events, ie: Rharne Constitutional / Knife Gangs / The Brawling Circuit;

I think I missed the registration deadline for the Rharne Constitutional. Totally fine, but I was wondering if it was possible to make a spin on it for Orik's journey. For example, he attempts to register without knowing the deadline already passed, but runs into some unsavory characters that convince him that he has to do x,y,z as part of an initiation, and this gets him caught up in the knife gang event.

Overall, I'm hoping to somehow hoping to find a way to get Orik involved into the Brawling Circuit. I was bit confused on whether there are already established NPC's for the Knife Gangs or if there's a process I'd have to follow to submit NPC's for that specific calendar event?

Any and all feedback, ideas, etc. would be appreciated, to help with the direction of how to appropriately fit into Rharne! (I'm entirely open to going with different suggested ideas too, im a fan of unexpected plot twists)!
 ! Message from: Pig Boy
Hello Orik! Wonderful to see another new player! I'm very happy you decided to play in Rharne and it looks like your pc will fit right in!

The Constitutional is totally still open, there's no deadline to get involved so feel free to ham it up with that! Just follow instructions, submit the threads you complete to the tracker, and I'll review them in order along with your rewards. Let me know if you have any questions whether through PM or otherwise.

As for NPCs, there are established npcs for the brawling circuit, and the potential for you to make more for your own use. You can also roll up some Knife Gangers as antagonists. Take a look at the following threads for instructions:

The Brawler line-up.
The Antagonists

And for getting more involved in the religious and cultural scene with regards to Ilaren, there are her priests and Knights:

The Lightning Knights, Thunder Priests

I hope that helps! Let me know if you'd like a plot helper too, feel free to ask for moderation also. I'm just a bit slow at the moment but slowly catching up :)
word count: 427
Nir'wei
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Councillor of Natural Affairs
Renown: 987
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Plot Note Request Form:
Character Name: Nir'wei.
Resident or Visitor: Visitor.
Your Suggested Plot: Nir'wei is arriving from Scalvoris unannounced with the intention of travelling into the Stormwastes, hunting down the Jacadons nesting grounds hidden there, capturing a breeding pair of Jacadons, training them, and using them to breed his own Jacadon family.
Mini Character Summary: Nir'wei was a former Lightning Knights Initiate, but became disenfranchised with military life. He is a Keeper of the Wardens of the Lovalus Lake, Champion of Karem, wields a Lightning Quiver bestowed by Ilaren and wears a Lightning Knight crest ring that says he's owed a favour. Currently the Scalvoris Councillor for Natural Affairs.
Dreams: Create the largest standing army of dangerous animals possible.
Fears: Pissing off Ilaren. He kinda really respects her.
Timeframe: Doing stuff this season.
Additional Comments: None really!
word count: 142
We return to where we started, and pass onwards into history.
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Nir'wei wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:47 pm Plot Note Request Form:
Character Name: Nir'wei.
Resident or Visitor: Visitor.
Your Suggested Plot: Nir'wei is arriving from Scalvoris unannounced with the intention of travelling into the Stormwastes, hunting down the Jacadons nesting grounds hidden there, capturing a breeding pair of Jacadons, training them, and using them to breed his own Jacadon family.
Mini Character Summary: Nir'wei was a former Lightning Knights Initiate, but became disenfranchised with military life. He is a Keeper of the Wardens of the Lovalus Lake, Champion of Karem, wields a Lightning Quiver bestowed by Ilaren and wears a Lightning Knight crest ring that says he's owed a favour. Currently the Scalvoris Councillor for Natural Affairs.
Dreams: Create the largest standing army of dangerous animals possible.
Fears: Pissing off Ilaren. He kinda really respects her.
Timeframe: Doing stuff this season.
Additional Comments: None really!
Ooooh kay.

Just as a note, there is stuff going on with the Jacadons, and it involves the Windshear Brotherhood of Athart. As seen here there's stuff afoot with the Mire and those naval salts stirring up trouble with the Jacadons. There's been rumors of people trying to get some eggs for themselves, and poaching the Jacadons. So if you wanted to get in on something that's afoot with the Jacadons, that may be the best place to start.

Otherwise, there's a plot ongoing with Gennadiya, where she's helping a pair of mating Jacadons in Lovalus, who've escaped the Mire. I would suggest teaming with her if that appeals to you. Otherwise signing up for the Windshear Brotherhood (at least this portion of it) would be advisable.

If you want something special apart from all of this, that's okay too, but there might be slimmer pickings if you pass on the Pirate stuff. In that case, the best bet would be to hit up the people at Zynyx Port and village, where poaching parties have been sent out to seek out eggs to no avail yet.

But to sum up, the Jacadons are mostly in the Mire, living independently. There's a solo pair of Jacadons near Lovalus, who are protected by Lovalus and she wishes to keep them there with Gennadiya's help.
word count: 386
Orik Qe'Ryn
Approved Character
Race: Biqaj
Renown: 45
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 3

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Plot Note Request Form:

Character Name: Orik Qe'Ryn

Your Suggested Plot: Orik has travelled with a wagon (wheelbarrow) filled with rations from the Cathedral in Rharne to the Thunderpriest Faction in Caervalle Town. The 5-trial walk took a total of 8-trials, and per Ymiden calendar, every other night there was a Thunderstorm. He ran out of his own personal supplies in the afternoon of the 7th trial, skipped his "night" break, and arrived to Caervalle at daybreak of the 8th trial.

Edit:
Spoiler
I reviewed the timeline of Orik joining TP vs completing this journey. He arrives to Caervalle on the 16th trial of Ymiden, but it was a 8-trial journey.

I'd like to have Orik deliver the goods to Merrile, but was unsure of how to proceed. I would like consequences from the journey (he wanted to use his sloop instead, but as a nod to the windsheer event causing traffic to dwindle in the river he was forced to walk and pull the wagon). I would also like to initiate a conflict/obstacle/test with Merrile, since she is both a seasoned member of the Priesthood, but also a member of the Brawler/Warrior faction that Orik will pursue in the future.

Possible Impact: Potential Positive - Caervalle receives good supplies that benefits the TP. Potential Negative - The rations were affected by the length of the journey + weather, and Orik is to blame (circumstantial pawn?)

Mini Character Summary: Orik is travelling within his white TP robes, so it's obvious that he's an initiate. I'm not sure what the reception is of male TP yet since it was a "recent" change to their recruitment.

Dreams: He's hoping to serve Illaren as best as he can, while also thinking about which Chapter he wants to join. I want him to lean towards the Brawler faction, but I don't have a preference to a direct/indirect route since it'll require a full season before he can take the oath.

Fears: The thought of being excommunicated hasn't even occurred to him since he's so new, but I think it would be a fear in the back of his mind for any/all mess-ups.

Timeframe: I'm hoping to have this "idea" be something that stretches from Ymiden to Saun, to help explain his absence during the Windshear and Orange Crush events (at least to the burning of Rharne). But I want it to coincide so that he will be able to join in the expedition as they search for missing survivors outside of Rharne. I feel like it would be part of his duty as a TP to participate.

Additional Comments: Im open to any kind/types of feedback as well!
Consequence: The muddy terrain on the road makes the carriage of supplies from Rharne complicates the effort to pull across the wagon on his own, without the benefit of a beast of burden. As a result, about halfway through the journey, he's forced to unload some of his goods along the way. There are poor travellers and pilgrims making their way along the road too. He could share the rations or the alcohol (one or the other) with these travelers, as a way of promoting the TP while lightening his load. By the time he arrives at Caervalle, he'll be short of rations or alcohol/wine. If he's short on wine, he'll anger Merille and prompt her to teach him a lesson via brawling. If he is short on rations, Merrile will be more conciliatory, but will make him to work in the fields, to shore up the farming and bolster morale in the field by enforcing a TP presence.
word count: 632
Revan Blackhand
Approved Character
Race: Yludih
Profession: Thief
Renown: 50
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Plot Note Request Form:
Character Name: Rqihvahman
Your Suggested Plot: I would like to rob the Rharne Bank. In a very sneaky, not hostage taking way. Revan and his friend Willow are experts in larceny but currently lacking in the logistic side of things to pull of a crime of that scale. My thought was that they could go through the Shadow Quarter for support (since Revan is being watched, but not quite at the skill level they requested- 49 points short).
Possible Impact: The idea is not to get caught but a heist at the bank would probably send a big message.
Mini Character Summary: Revan is a relatively unknown in Rharne. Most who would know him would know his face for Grimwald and most of that reputation is related to work as a prison guard.
Dreams: Revan would like to become the kind of criminal who could pickpocket the Immortals and get away with it.
Fears: Getting caught would be a terrible setback but not necessarily the end of the world. Being discovered as a Yludih wouldn't be nice either.
Timeframe: No real time frame. Just an idea I am working on very slowly.
Additional Comments: Not that I can think of at the moment.
word count: 212
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Revan Blackhand wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:45 pm Plot Note Request Form:
Character Name: Rqihvahman
Your Suggested Plot: I would like to rob the Rharne Bank. In a very sneaky, not hostage taking way. Revan and his friend Willow are experts in larceny but currently lacking in the logistic side of things to pull of a crime of that scale. My thought was that they could go through the Shadow Quarter for support (since Revan is being watched, but not quite at the skill level they requested- 49 points short).
Possible Impact: The idea is not to get caught but a heist at the bank would probably send a big message.
Mini Character Summary: Revan is a relatively unknown in Rharne. Most who would know him would know his face for Grimwald and most of that reputation is related to work as a prison guard.
Dreams: Revan would like to become the kind of criminal who could pickpocket the Immortals and get away with it.
Fears: Getting caught would be a terrible setback but not necessarily the end of the world. Being discovered as a Yludih wouldn't be nice either.
Timeframe: No real time frame. Just an idea I am working on very slowly.
Additional Comments: Not that I can think of at the moment.

Depending on whether you go through the Shadow Quarter, or start your own enterprise to compete and undercut the Shadow Quarter, there are a few ways you can go. The Shadow Quarter exists at every Quarter of the city save the Dust Quarter (due in large part to Faitth's residual influence on that sector). Only the absolute gutter trash or flunkies will operate out of the Dust Quarter lately. So if Revan wants to build something, that might be the best place to do so, and gain some support.

Ok there are a few things I can offer this plot. Tom Barber, the former proprietor of the Painted Swine has been keeping a low profile, but he's still in the city, trying to avoid trouble for the Slimening of the Hot Cycle of 723. He's suspected of either insurance fraud or at the very least reckless endangerment for harboring slimes in the cellar of his former tavern. You might rope him into a plot, and possible by doing him a set of favors end up with him as a gang member:
  • Tom despises the current owner of the Stuck Slime, Ozaria Stark. They are old enemies, and anyone who makes trouble in her establishment might bring him out into the open and end up in a chance meeting, if they survive Ozaria's wrath.
  • You may hear rumors, some credible, some less so, of a secret in the basement of the Stuck Slime. That's all I can say until you pursue meddling in Ozaria's business. It should be fine to hear of these rumors even as a novice in intelligence. It's an opportunity to work on that very important skill also.
  • Tom has eyes and ears in the Dust Quarter, and can help Revan establish himself outside of the Shadow Quarter.
Mister Barber is a accompliished healer, but also few know that he's also a meticulous planner and organized individual. He can certainly aid Revan if he acquires his loyalty and service, in return for some shelter and protection, and a mutually beneficial arrangement where the Bank Heist is concerned.

This is a start of where you might go with it. Let me know what you think and we can continue to brainstorm.
word count: 606
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Eastern: Central: Rharne”