Bugs 3.3.6 update! (ongoing) 🐛🐜🐞🐞

If there any issue or bugs seen on the site or happening around the site, please post those issues in this forum to notify an admin of the issues.

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Re: Bugs 3.3.6 update!

Max wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:58 pm Nature of bug: While viewing posts on mobile, most user posts no longer fit to the phone screen, forcing a reader to awkwardly scroll left to right to read each sentence.

Does it happen on more than one account? I believe so. It occurs, at least for me, whether I’m signed into my account or not.

Is it persistent or intermittent? Persistent

Link to a post / thread where bug occurs Pick your poison. It seems that it is unbothered but some post sizes, but most are affected.

This isn’t the biggest deal in the world, and maybe I’m the only one that almost exclusively views the site on a phone unless I’m writing a post. Or maybe I’m the only who who experiences this bug. I imagine it’s just a wonky oversight with a change to mobile compatibility, or something specific with iOS that occurred at the same time. It is extremely cumbersome to a point it’s just easiest to not read from a phone at all though, and it would be a shame if that deterred others from viewing what the writers on the site have to offer.
Hi Max,

This is indeed an issue - but actually, it's not a bug so much as the result of what we do when we make box codes. I've put up a post about it here - definitely worth moving to % not px in your posts and asking writing partners to do the same.
word count: 259
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Pegasus wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:22 pm
Known Bugs!

Hello!

Just an update on where we are!!

Solved!
  1. The new BBCode thread makes a password box pop up. You can cancel that and you're on the thread.
  2. Thread titles have vanished from the top of posts within a thread.
  3. The "My Posts" list no longer shows forums
  4. Topic Tags are not working for anyone but me (assigning them, that is).
  5. The "Code" code was making things over-spill - it's now fixed
  6. The list of Tags on dark theme were impossible to read.

Ongoing / We Still Know About
  1. Light theme: menus have changed from black on white (pre-update) to very pale grey on white (post-update) and it makes them quite hard to read.
  2. Light theme: Breadcrumb menu, making a selection blanks out the name of that selection. The ability to go to that forum is not affected.
  3. "Moving" images in boxcodes (where you scroll and the image shifts) aren't working.
  4. If I backpage out of a thread, and then switch characters, the new character ends up on the thread I left rather than the page I was actually looking at when I switched. (Tech Guy isn't sure he can actually fix that).
  5. Trying to get more mobile compatibility with the posts done in px boxcodes.

PLEASE use the following code to report bugs. We need specifics to help you.

Code: Select all

Nature of bug: 
Does it happen on more than one account?
Is it persistent or intermittent?
Link to a post / thread where bug occurs
Screenshot / link to screenshot.
Once you've reported a bug, I'll modnote to say we've got it on our list - and again when we have an answer.
word count: 291

Pyrre Ej'qy
Approved Character
Race: Biqaj
Profession: Chrien-Cursed Mariner
Renown: 25
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 2

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Nature of bug: Table code no longer seems to be controlled by the margin:auto element in style codes?
Does it happen on more than one account? Yes (code-related)
Link to a post / thread where bug occurs Example 1, Example 2

I just noticed that the new mobile update has affected how tables show up (margin:auto no longer seems to apply to them?) Not sure if it's just my coding or what and my brain is super muddled and worthless atm so explaining things is, woo boy, difficult. My tables used to be neat and centred but now align to the left :( Purely an aesthetic thing and not the end of the world but :(((( lol

I also apologise since this isn't really a bug

Thank you for being amazing <3 sorry I am a pain!
word count: 145

Appearance

Pyrre's right lower leg is missing and has been replaced with a wooden peg after a run in with Chrien.
As a Biqaj, his ears are slightly pointed and his skin glows a silvery hue under the moonlight. His eyes change accordingly:
Standard Aquamarine, gold starburst Upset Indigo, silver starburst
Curious Pale blue, gold starburst Injured Jet, silver starburst
Angry Gray and gold, silver starburst Drunk Pale amber, gold starburst
Amorous Platinum, gold starburst Scared Emerald, silver starburst

Cursed

Hated by Chrien
"The first level of Chrien's curse bestows terrible misfortune upon the Hated. A series of events will befall them daily that range from the minor and annoying to the severe and dangerous. Rarely are these forces of mishap deadly, but curiously those that are around the Hated seem to benefit from remarkably better luck than they might have otherwise had."
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Max wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:58 pm Nature of bug: While viewing posts on mobile, most user posts no longer fit to the phone screen, forcing a reader to awkwardly scroll left to right to read each sentence.

Does it happen on more than one account? I believe so. It occurs, at least for me, whether I’m signed into my account or not.

Link to a post / thread where bug occurs Pick your poison. It seems that it is unbothered but some post sizes, but most are affected.

This isn’t the biggest deal in the world, and maybe I’m the only one that almost exclusively views the site on a phone unless I’m writing a post. Or maybe I’m the only who who experiences this bug. I imagine it’s just a wonky oversight with a change to mobile compatibility, or something specific with iOS that occurred at the same time. It is extremely cumbersome to a point it’s just easiest to not read from a phone at all though, and it would be a shame if that deterred others from viewing what the writers on the site have to offer.
This is now fixed. As per this announcement - all done. Thanks for raising this one, Max :)
word count: 221

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Pyrre Ej'qy wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:20 am Nature of bug: Table code no longer seems to be controlled by the margin:auto element in style codes?
Does it happen on more than one account? Yes (code-related)
Link to a post / thread where bug occurs Example 1, Example 2

I just noticed that the new mobile update has affected how tables show up (margin:auto no longer seems to apply to them?) Not sure if it's just my coding or what and my brain is super muddled and worthless atm so explaining things is, woo boy, difficult. My tables used to be neat and centred but now align to the left :( Purely an aesthetic thing and not the end of the world but :(((( lol

I also apologise since this isn't really a bug

Thank you for being amazing <3 sorry I am a pain!
You are NOT a pain! If I didn't want people to have a place to report this stuff, I wouldn't have started the thread! Anyhow - fixed!
word count: 184

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Known Bugs!

Hello!

Just an update on where we are!!

Solved!
  1. The new BBCode thread makes a password box pop up. You can cancel that and you're on the thread.
  7. Trying to get more mobile compatibility with the posts done in px boxcodes.

1. Light theme: menus have changed from black on white (pre-update) to very pale grey on white (post-update) and it makes them quite hard to read.
  2. Light theme: Breadcrumb menu, making a selection blanks out the name of that selection. The ability to go to that forum is not affected.
  3. "Moving" images in boxcodes (where you scroll and the image shifts) aren't working.
  4. If I backpage out of a thread, and then switch characters, the new character ends up on the thread I left rather than the page I was actually looking at when I switched. (Tech Guy isn't sure he can actually fix that).

Nature of bug: 
Once you've reported a bug, I'll modnote to say we've got it on our list - and again when we have an answer.
[/quote]
[/quote]
word count: 284

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Known Bugs!

Hello!

Just an update on where we are!! We're nearly there! Things dealt with today have a

Solved!
  7. Trying to get more mobile compatibility with the posts done in px boxcodes.
  8. Light theme: menus have changed from black on white (pre-update) to very pale grey on white (post-update) and it makes them quite hard to read.
  9. Light theme: Breadcrumb menu, making a selection blanks out the name of that selection. The ability to go to that forum is not affected.

1. "Moving" images in boxcodes (where you scroll and the image shifts) aren't working. (this one is really stumping us. We're on it, but it might take a little while).
  2. If I backpage out of a thread, and then switch characters, the new character ends up on the thread I left rather than the page I was actually looking at when I switched. (Tech Guy isn't sure he can actually fix that - his suggestion is that you don't do it).
We Added
  1. A frame around the "RPG Forum Index" to show that it's a breadcrumb menu
  2. Final minor tweaks on the mobile accessibility - that should now be finished.

Nature of bug: 
word count: 347

Rorom
Approved Character
Profession: Captain
Renown: 275
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Re: Bugs 3.3.6 update! (ongoing)

Nature of bug: seeing double in numbered lists
Does it happen on more than one account? Just accounts using the default font I think? (Uchen)
Link to a post / thread where bug occurs viewtopic.php?p=96067#p96067
Screenshot / link to screenshot. Image
word count: 48
Darius Baer Bottom
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Race: Human
Profession: Woodworker / Sailor
Renown: 1110
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 9

Nature of bug: Some templates have words over the image, making it difficult to read. (Mobile only.)
Does it happen on more than one account? I only have one account to check with.
Is it persistent or intermittent? Persistent on this template, (and presumably on others that have images on the side), but fine with templates that have images at the top.
Link to a post / thread where bug occurs: viewtopic.php?p=187678#p187678
Screenshot / link to screenshot:
word count: 79
Pyrre Ej'qy
Approved Character
Profession: Chrien-Cursed Mariner
Renown: 25
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 2

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Rorom wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:41 pm Nature of bug: seeing double in numbered lists
Does it happen on more than one account? Just accounts using the default font I think? (Uchen)
Link to a post / thread where bug occurs viewtopic.php?p=96067#p96067
Seconding this and adding that it seems to be layering the grand total number over the numbers per section (instead of just numbering each section shown in the picture and links below)

Nature of bug: seeing double in numbered lists
Does it happen on more than one account? All of my accounts
Is it persistent or intermittent? Persistent, no matter which font is used
Link to a post / thread where bug occurs: Pyrre and Visna
word count: 136

Appearance

Pyrre's right lower leg is missing and has been replaced with a wooden peg after a run in with Chrien.
As a Biqaj, his ears are slightly pointed and his skin glows a silvery hue under the moonlight. His eyes change accordingly:
Standard Aquamarine, gold starburst Upset Indigo, silver starburst
Curious Pale blue, gold starburst Injured Jet, silver starburst
Angry Gray and gold, silver starburst Drunk Pale amber, gold starburst
Amorous Platinum, gold starburst Scared Emerald, silver starburst

Cursed

Hated by Chrien
"The first level of Chrien's curse bestows terrible misfortune upon the Hated. A series of events will befall them daily that range from the minor and annoying to the severe and dangerous. Rarely are these forces of mishap deadly, but curiously those that are around the Hated seem to benefit from remarkably better luck than they might have otherwise had."
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Bugs & Suggestions”