Letting off steam

1st of Ymiden 724

Your thread has been reviewed and its rewards issued! See your request here. Manage your rewards here.

Any area not within one of the major cities. Most of The Eternal Empire.

Moderators: Basilisk Snek, Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Illuvia
Approved Character
Race: Human
Renown: 250
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: Letting off steam

“That’s okay,” Luvi said, “it’s not something you can learn in a day but I think you’re close – a lot closer than you think. You’re doing a lot better than you did on the ship and it’s only going to get easier.”

She let out a deep breath and said, “I think I’ll try out this rune and then get some sleep. You should probably rest too after a couple more attempts.” She drew the rune on her leg and channeled a small amount of ether into it. She willed her leg to slow but didn’t feel any different. She tried wiggling her toes on both feet and they seemed to move at about the same speed.

She absorbed the ether from the rune and tried again, altering the way she thought about it as the ether flowed through her. This time her toes on one leg moved a little more slowly than the other.

“Looks like I’ve done it, but I’ll leave further testing for another time.” She wanted to see what it would do if she put it on someone’s head but that wasn’t something she wanted to use on herself lest she accidentally caused permanent damage. Runes only lasted a finite amount of time, but that didn’t mean that things couldn’t go wrong.

“Say, do you think your healing rune can counteract an umbral rune’s effects?” she asked Goku as she laid down. “That might be something interesting to try someday. With how much more useful Lucis runes are, I wouldn’t be surprised.”

word count: 271
Goku
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Renown: 100
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

Miscellaneous

“That’s impressive,” Goku said as he saw her wiggling her toes at different speeds. “I knew you’d get it. You always seem to grasp runes a lot faster than I can.

When she asked about the healing rune counteracting an umbral rune's effects, Goku considered the possibility. "That's a good question," he replied thoughtfully. "We haven’t tried it and my grimoire mentions nothing like that, but it makes sense that it could work. The healing rune is pretty powerful. We should definitely test that out sometime."

He let out a tired sigh, feeling the weight of the day pressing down on him. "But for now, I think you’re right. We both need some rest."

Goku stood up and stretched, his muscles aching from the intense focus and exertion. "Goodnight, Luvi," he said softly, giving her a warm smile. "Get some good sleep. We can pick this up again tomorrow if we have time before we have to get going."

He walked over to his own bed, feeling the exhaustion in every step. As soon as he lay down, the comfort of the bed enveloped him. His mind was still buzzing with thoughts of runes and the day's events, but his body craved rest.

Goku closed his eyes, taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly. The room was quiet except for the soft sounds of privates snoring all over the place. He focused on his breathing, trying to clear his mind once more. This time, instead of meditating on runes, he simply let himself drift.
word count: 263
Illuvia
Approved Character
Race: Human
Renown: 250
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Rewards Requested

Notes/Warnings: this thread is about meditation, mostly

Thread: Letting off steam
City/Area: The Imperial Regions
Illuvia:

Used:
Teaching: Novice
Meditation: Master
Hone: Master
Endurance: Competent

Knowledge Requested:
Teaching: x3
Meditation: x3
Hone: learning the rune of slow
Endurance: Training despite being exhausted

Goku:

Used:
Meditation: Novice
Discipline: Novice

Knowledge Requested:
Meditation: x6
Discipline: x2

Renown: none
Do you want this to be considered for Mark Progression? (Y / N) No
If any PC in this thread is in a faction, please list them: Luvi is in the Imperial Army
Faction Points: N/A
Wealth Points: None
Collaboration: Yes
Local Language Thread? No
 ! Message from: Pig Boy
Done!
word count: 112
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Profession: Rharne City Moderator
Renown: 666
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Illuvia

Rewards

• XP: 15

Knowledges

• Teaching: x3
  • Meditation: x3
  • Hone: learning the rune of slow
  • Endurance: x1

Goku

Rewards

• XP: 15

Knowledges

• Meditation: x6
  • Discipline: x2
Notes: I'm curiuos and wondering if Luvi is on leave from the military at this time? The beginning made me think not because she was meditating after a narrative reference to the life of a private. But then, she seems to be traveling solo with Goku. Just wondering. If she is with the army currently, I wonder if they let civilians accompany them? Probably, it was a common practice back in history to have some support people among the ranks. Of course, that was a more disorganized situation than the Imperial Army perhaps.

I thought Luvi did a decent job of teaching Goku some meditation techniques. I thought the addition of using the hands to grasp at the idea of a rune was an interesting take on it.

Whatever Luvi and Goku's status with the Military, this was a productive thread. Good job!
word count: 171

Your thread has been reviewed and its rewards issued! See your request here. Manage your rewards here.

Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “The Imperial Regions”