Hone and speed

Here you can ask questions relating to the Standing Trials roleplay to everyone in the community. Please note Forum Rules displayed here.

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Forum rules
Here you can ask questions relating to the Standing Trials roleplay to everyone in the community. All members are welcome to assist here. PLEASE NOTE: Q & A answers which are more than 2 years old / very specific, are best asked again. Standing Trials is a dynamic and changing world - these forums represent the best answer at the time.
Illuvia
Approved Character
Race: Human
Renown: 250
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Hone and speed

Hone's speed rune allows us to move faster but not think faster. If we are not lucis and therefore don't have access to the rune that lets us process mentally at faster speeds... how fast can we reasonably be?

My goal is for my character to have a mix of strength and speed runes active at all times but I don't want to be unrealistic. Even moving at double speed sounds like it would be far too much for a normal brain to handle so that is why I'm asking for some guidance here.
word count: 98
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Profession: Rharne City Moderator
Renown: 666
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Re: Hone and speed

I think for an Umbral Hone Mage, speed rune should be manageable at any level. Remember, Umbral Mages also get runic resistance which allows them to adjust to any of the changes they wright on their runes.
They should be able to handle the changes of hone runes without injuring themselves or mishandling a situation. They may not be quite as good at handling the beneficial runes as a Lucis mage perhaps but in my opinion the difference ought to be a minor one, since Lucis mage is more about buffing others than their selves anyway.
word count: 96
Illuvia
Approved Character
Race: Human
Renown: 250
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

Miscellaneous