Karma.

15th of Cylus 724

Your thread has been reviewed and its rewards issued! See your request here. Manage your rewards here.

Almund is a thriving township with a dark side. With houses made from the wooden bodies of decommissioned ships, there are many opportunities here, coupled with many dangers.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Vega
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Hat-Wearer
Renown: 1779
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Karma.

"Knickers", Vega said, softly.

Very much a victim of "careful what you wish for", Vega had gone to speak to Kura and had told her just exactly what Vega thought of how the Scalvoris government - or more precisely, Kura - was handling this situation. Vega, being who she was, had opinions on everything of course, and one of the opinions she had voiced was the opinion that Kura needed to stop unilaterally making decisions and, since the rest of the council appeared to be of slightly less use than a wet parchment, then Kura needed to put people in place who were getting on and doing stuff.

And, so, Vega stood in the Office of the Militant and she looked around. Having just closed the door, she breathed out and thought that it was her own fault.

She couldn't keep quiet, could she? Oh no. She had to be a gob on a pair of legs. Had to be full of opinions. Arlo would find this all very funny, she had no doubt, because suddenly Vega was in charge of the Scalvoris military. All of it. Every last one of them - at a time when there was a crisis, AND just after Kura had decided now was a good time for a reshuffle. Without, of course, asking the people involved.

She figured she could hear Vivian laughing from here.

"Make a change, Kura, I said," Vega grumbled to herself. "Get people involved an' stop bein' a dictator, I said." She looked at the pile of parchments on the desk and checked the date on the top one. It was before Rand was in a coma, before the Pirate Lord attacks. "Save me, I didn't mean me. A'right, Eva, no point grumblin' about it." Looking around the room, she made some decisions.

Vega walked back out of her office to where her assistantI'm figuring the Militant has a secretary / PA person sat. Vega looked at the individual in question - a human man - and she smiled. "I'd like all the information I asked for yester-trial in my office please, an' some boxes. I also want maps of the island - large an' details, as well as overview maps." He nodded. "Right away, ma'am," he said and Vega considered arguing.

"Also, I want a meetin', of as many of the Elements as possible, an' all commanders." He nodded. "When, ma'am?" If he kept calling her ma'am, Vega thought, she was going to pummel him.

"In three breaks," she said. He raised an eyebrow. "Is that a problem?" Her assistant looked at her and spoke to her as people so often did - but rarely twice. He spoke like she was perhaps a stupid person. "That isn't very much notice."

Vega's gaze didn't waver and she looked at him very, very calmly. "No, it's not. An' I'm right sorry if it interrupts the weekly sewin' bee or somethin' equally important but jus' in case no one noticed, we've got a bit of a crisis goin' on an' we need to move." He was inscrutible, Vega thought, but he did have the good grace to blush, just a little. "As you say ma'am."

The boxes came first and Vega unceremoniously picked up every item on Rand's desk and she dropped them into the box. Her assistant - who was holding the box - looked at her in surprise. "What if there's something important in there?"

Vega shook her head. "It's been there half an arc. If it were important, then it were asked about again, an' if it weren't asked about again, it weren't that important. I want you to go through it an' summarise it into one piece o' parchment for me." He looked at the half-full box and nodded. It made sense.

"An' I need someone to come in here an' take some letters down then send them." The assistant - whose name she would learn but right now she had no time to even think of- nodded.

And then, over the next few hours Vega wrote and dictated letters. Hesitantly at first, but then with increasing confidence.
word count: 702

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Karma.

She would be meeting with the higher-ups in the Elements soon, and then she'd get moving. However, she had a few breaks and she used them.

The Military Structure had been changed by Kura just recently. That was good, in one way, but in another the timing sucked. However, there was nothing to be done about that, it was what it was.

So, after experiencing something quite unlike anything she'd ever felt beforeDealt with in another thread, just important to note here that she feels / experiences it she got on.

First, Vega wrote to Gennadiya , asking her to help in the evacuation. Then, she wrote down instructions for whenWon't action till it happens ic the reply for that came through. That involved Sweetsong and Hopetoun and so she wrote to Darius

Writing that led her to the other person who she knew was key here. She wrote to Woe Morandi. By this point, she was very grateful for the person doing the writing. It certainly would be exhausting, especially considering how slow and painful a process writing was for her.

The next two letters were quicker. One was to Winston and the next one, was a letter to Bao. "Right, I need to have a lay out of the Glass Temple, an' ask him to let me know exactly what he needs. I want to make sure that he's safe, an' that the safety of the people there are focused on. Also, tell him about the evacuation?"

Next, it was the letter to Balthazar, and then Vega had the final two tasks of writing to first the Merchants Guild. That letter was simple. They would need help and support from all members of the Scalvoris Merchants' Guild. Businesses were asked to provide goods and services to the Elements and to the populace as needed. She knew that there was a risk in this, but that was - in her mind - a risk worth taking. She set up - or got set up, more precisely - a system whereby if a business helped out a member of the Elements with goods or services, then they would need a signed piece of parchment stating that this was legitimate. When those bits of parchment were brought for the business to get paid, the Element in question was going to meet with Shania and explain exactly what was needed and why.

Of course, Vega wrote to Shania, too, informing her of the finances that were needed. She didn't ask and she checked that the letter was clear.

Finally, it was to Isonomia and the Order of the Adunih, offering support, asking for the same, and making sure that everyone was on the same page.

After all. The only way they were getting through this, she decided, was together. "Right. That's all the letters done," she said and she stood up.

"Lets go address the troops."
word count: 486

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

The first lot of "troops" for Vega to address was Sweetsong.

She wasn't actually there, of course, but she had made absolutely sure that she was there in every way possible - that her presence was felt. And so, she was able to communicate with them , and she spoke to
Noodle,
her diri and the message from her was passed on.

"Gennadiya, the leader of the Order of the Adunih, she's told us that we can use the portals in every one of the Order of the Adunih buildin's what will take people to the hospital outside Rharne. I'm goin' to ask you a favour, an' I need you to be clear that it is an ask," Vega said. It was strange, talking to people that she could see - but who couldn't see her (exactly). But still. They were used to working together. "If folks evacuate, they're goin' to feel afraid an' needin' some sense of order. So, I'd like to ask for Sweetsong folks to go through those portals first. Go through an' then you'll be in a hospital in Rharne. Set up a community in the lands next to the hospital. Tents an' camps an' campfires. Systems an' order an' a sense of place for people."

Vega smiled slightly. "I know I'm askin' a lot, because I know that, if you do this, people will look to you as leaders. They'll turn to you an' ask you to help. An' it'll be tirin' an' exhaustin' an' you're goin' to feel like there's too much on your shoulders." Her smile broadened. "They'll look at you an' ask 'what should we do?' an' you won't have a diddly doo. But the thing to do is jus' to answer. Jus' give them the best answer you can, an' that'll be enough."

Breathing in, she paused and then spoke again. "I know you. Each one o'you. An' I know that you can do this, that you have the skills. An' I know that at least half o' you are thinkin' 'well, she doesn't mean me', but I do. An, jus' to be clear, if you can't do this, then that's not a bother an' it doesn't change anythin' about you or your worth or your place in Sweetsong."

Noodle relayed the message and, as she closed her own eyes and saw the people of Sweetsong, she breathed out. "Thanks," she said. "I mean it. You are the very best."

Next, she needed to go and speak to the Elements. She didn't want to, she didn't want this job or anything here. It was all back to the whole stupid military etiquette lessons that Viv had tried her best to teach and Vega had hated. Everything about this was the very opposite of what she wanted to do or be but, there was a bottom line here and Vega knew it meant one thing.

"Righteo, then," she said. "Let's get to work."

She made her way. There were lots of them and Vega was forcibly reminded of her time at Storm's Edge. So, she stood up, standing on a table and she looked around and she gave a brief, grim, smile. "We're in trouble, an' folks are goin' to be lookin' at you," she said. "You know me, an' you know who I am. You also know that I'm not an Element an' maybe a few of yous have got yer noses out of joint because Kura asked me to be in charge of the Elements. But right now, lets jus' get on an' you an' I can grumble about it later. Ok?" She gave a smile and then she got down to business.

First, she told them about the plans they had for evacuation. Then, she told them, in no uncertain terms. "I want those areas wat lead to the underground protected. An' I want every person on Scalv to know that they have the choice to evacuate. The bottom line here is that the Elements need to be visible an' you need... we need to be visibly helpin'. So help. Help people board up their homes. Help people stay calm. Help in the glass temple an' take no nonsense if folks start lootin'. I want there to be an Element on every street corner. I've asked the Black Cats to help out in some of the more obscure places, but you'll need more people. So deputise people. Deputise people in the Merchants' Guild. In Isonomia. Deputise people an' put them with more experienced folks. But I know that what we need is we need to be seen an' we need to be helpin'."

Looking around at them Vega nodded. "We can do this. Be in charge, be kind an' be helpful. Be hardass with people who are takin' advantage or tryin' to. Be the law."
word count: 833

Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Rewards Requested

Notes/Warnings: Nurp. Part of the Scalv event.

Thread: Karma.
City/Area: Almund

Renown:Reviewer's discretion.
Do you want this to be considered for Mark Progression? (Y / N) Yes, maybe - Qylios / Leadership.
If so - which mark.
Peer Reviewers: Please give feedback as to whether you feel this is appropriate for Mark Progression.
Once feedback is received, player should then post in the PSF.
If any PC in this thread is in a faction, please list them: Forged
Faction Points:
Wealth Points:This will be my wealth thread, I think.
- If you are claiming Wealth Points, please link to your Wealth Thread for this season, as Wealth Points can not be awarded before this is completed:
Collaboration: (No)
Local Language Thread? (Yes - Scalveen.
 ! Message from: Doran
Done!
word count: 132

Doran
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: 1192
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Vega:

Knowledge: -
Loot: -
Language Yes, Scalveen.
Losses: -

Wealth: -
Injuries: -
Renown: 10, for addressing the troops.
Skill Review: Appropriate to level.
- - -
Comments: That was kind of funny! I love how Vega told Kura that she needed to put people in place who were getting on and doing stuff – and Kura went ahead and made Vega the new Militant!

I think I can hear Vivian laughing as well!

Vega’s grumbling is very entertaining to read. I like that she isn’t just grumbling though, but actually trying to do a good job. Her high Leadership skill is obvious here in my opinion.

She’s a great leader, which is also obvious in the way she addresses the troops.

I wish her good luck with her new job!

Enjoy your rewards!
word count: 131

Mutations

N/A

Blessings

N/A

Worn Items

Ring of Reversal
Ring of Immunity
Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Thread: Karma.
City/Area: Almund
Wealth Skill: Leadership
Total Capstone Bonus: 10

Are you claiming a Language Fluency Bonus - Y
-- if so for what location: Scalvoris

Are you claiming a Loyalty Bonus? - N
-- if so - provide links or refer us to your UCP

If your Wealth Skill level has not been identified above - confirm it here, please - Leadership (Tier 2)

Additional Information - None. this is Vega acting as Militant, so I figure it's a good way of her earning Wealth. She uses her leadership, but I claimed no knowledge

Additional Bonuses - If you been awarded any additional bonuses to your Wealth since your last Wealth Thread
- Do they appear on the "Wealth Bonus" portion of your UCP CS?
Y - no further action needed
N - tell us about them and provide links!
 ! Message from: Pig Boy
Done!
word count: 160

Your thread has been reviewed and its rewards issued! See your request here. Manage your rewards here.

Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Almund”