How to handle small IC wealth transactions Topic is solved

Please note: Answers in this archive may be out of date / things may have changed. Do not take for granted anything older than 6 months old. If in doubt - better to ask again.

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Pyrre Ej'qy
Approved Character
Race: Biqaj
Profession: Chrien-Cursed Mariner
Renown: 25
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 2

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

How to handle small IC wealth transactions

This is going to feel like a very vague ask and I fear I might actually need some hand-holding to get me to the point where I am fully on-board with how wealth and finances are handled here and, oh man, I apologise in advance! I believe I have a handle on the Shoppe and what's available per tier (although I wouldn't mind a bit of help with that, as well) but I am getting a bit hung up when it comes to microtransactions done IRP. Such as a gold nel here, another gold nel there. Does 1 gold nel = 1 WP? Should I not even try to think of it as something to convert in such a way? Should I just approach it like: is this reasonable for my character's lifestyle/tier? I'm mainly stressing due to my main being a low tier pc and I am just trying to navigate things appropriately (see: by the book) and want to make sure I deduct WP when it's right to do so!

Thanks so much in advance for any and all help with clarifying this for me!
word count: 194

Appearance

Pyrre's right lower leg is missing and has been replaced with a wooden peg after a run in with Chrien.
As a Biqaj, his ears are slightly pointed and his skin glows a silvery hue under the moonlight. His eyes change accordingly:
Standard Aquamarine, gold starburst Upset Indigo, silver starburst
Curious Pale blue, gold starburst Injured Jet, silver starburst
Angry Gray and gold, silver starburst Drunk Pale amber, gold starburst
Amorous Platinum, gold starburst Scared Emerald, silver starburst

Cursed

Hated by Chrien
"The first level of Chrien's curse bestows terrible misfortune upon the Hated. A series of events will befall them daily that range from the minor and annoying to the severe and dangerous. Rarely are these forces of mishap deadly, but curiously those that are around the Hated seem to benefit from remarkably better luck than they might have otherwise had."
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Profession: Rharne City Moderator
Renown: 666
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Re: How to handle small IC wealth transactions

I wouldn't worry about 1 gold nel. It's definitely not the equivalent of a whole wealth point. That said, it might hurt you at low tiers, and it's not something you may be able to pull out every time at tier 1 or 2. But definitely don't deduct a wealth point for a single golden nel transaction.
word count: 61
Pyrre Ej'qy
Approved Character
Race: Biqaj
Profession: Chrien-Cursed Mariner
Renown: 25
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 2

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: How to handle small IC wealth transactions

Thank you for the reply! That makes a lot of sense. I'm still adapting after a long period of black and white micromanaged ic finances lolol
word count: 27

Appearance

Pyrre's right lower leg is missing and has been replaced with a wooden peg after a run in with Chrien.
As a Biqaj, his ears are slightly pointed and his skin glows a silvery hue under the moonlight. His eyes change accordingly:
Standard Aquamarine, gold starburst Upset Indigo, silver starburst
Curious Pale blue, gold starburst Injured Jet, silver starburst
Angry Gray and gold, silver starburst Drunk Pale amber, gold starburst
Amorous Platinum, gold starburst Scared Emerald, silver starburst

Cursed

Hated by Chrien
"The first level of Chrien's curse bestows terrible misfortune upon the Hated. A series of events will befall them daily that range from the minor and annoying to the severe and dangerous. Rarely are these forces of mishap deadly, but curiously those that are around the Hated seem to benefit from remarkably better luck than they might have otherwise had."
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Q&A Archive”