[Haven] I'd Hammer In The Evening

A small island with an active volcano, Faldrass is the home to Saoire's school and to the Faldrass Induk.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Balthazar Black
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Leader of The Black Cats
Renown: 1885
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

[Haven] I'd Hammer In The Evening

14 Ashan 721
Balthazar had learned a bit about building while working with and speaking to the team putting up the buildings using the supplies provided to them by the Elements. Boards needed to be cut to length and foundations made of wood needed to be set. In this regard Balthazar was not much more useful than an ox but the knowledge gave him something to work off. He had to raw strength and endurance to do the work but none of the skills. So he sawed where he was told to saw and he wasn't allowed near the important parts. It was quickly decided by the workers that Balthazar would be most useful at cutting wood and telling other people what to do. Maybe when they were hanging wooden wall panels he could help nail them down but more elaborate work would evade him.

So he spent his trial cutting wood and moving lumber from one place to the next, relying on what he knew how to do to help where he could. He didn't like the feeling that he was useless in regards to building. It made him want to learn. By the evening on the fourteenth trial of Ashan, Balthazar was told that the construction team would handle the rest of the work for the time being. A polite way to tell the watchful leader to go away so they could focus on their work. He'd admittedly been standing and watching a group make a prefabricated portion of a wall for the building for a long time, trying to figure out what they were doing but unwilling to ask. He didn't have any inkling to think that they'd build the wall before they put it up.

So, having been told to go away, Balthazar left Balder to help and to report to him if the workers needed anything. He called for Silk and Ronan to gather all of the settlers who weren't working and gave specific instructions to guide the settlers down to the beach. While they did that, Balthazar grabbed the sticks from his tent and took them down to where he wanted everyone to gather. He dropped the sticks in a loose pile on the sand a safe distance away from the tents and grabbed a piece of flint and steel to start a fire. It was harder to do without magic than he thought it would be and it was incredibly frustrating. Balthazar struck the flint with the steel and spark flew but it seemed like they would never catch on the wood. He turned to the Flame Trooper accompanying him and held out the fire starter but the trooper shook their head. "Well at least I'm not the only one who can't do it." Balthazar grumbled before turning and trying to start the fire again.

He'd be there trying to start the fire when his settlers arrived to the beach and only then would he finally manage to get an orange flame growing and slowly spreading across the dry wood.

Last edited by Balthazar Black on Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:15 am, edited 2 times in total. word count: 516

Visible Mutations/ Marks

Mutations
Defiance: Skin always glows faintly and he is warm to the touch. His is also the center of a field of static electricity so people get shocked touching him on occasion.
Rupturing: Orange etheric cracks spider-web up his arms to his elbows. His eyes and the glowing cracks going down his cheeks glow dark blue.
Transmutation: He has a series of emerald, glowing cracks on his right pectoral.
Marks
Bellinos: His fingernails are always black. The color fades into his fingers.
Celarion: A dim glowing ring surrounds his left forearm.
Palenon: A silver lightning shaped mark about the size of a hand stretching up towards his torso.

Scars

• Oops, Oops, Ouch: Balthazar Black has twenty scars across his back from a lashing as well as scars on his hands and arms from jagged rocks on Faldrass. There are two scars on the sides of his abdomen from being stabbed and a slash across his back which blends in with the whip scars.
Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Profession: Little Wonder-Bunny of Anger
Renown: 1035
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Re: I'd Hammer In The Evening

Elisabeth was keeping a distanced, watchful eye on the builders when word came to her that Balthazar wanted everyone down on the beach. Interesting. She had mostly let him be since arriving on Faldrass, giving him space to do the things that needed to be done, occupying herself with getting acquainted with what was to be their place of residence for the time being. Of course, if he asked her to do something, she did so but mostly she poked around the place on her own. The young mage meditated on her own. She practiced her magic. She stayed out of the way and helped wherever she could.

Sighing a bit, she slowly moved in the direction of the beach, noting others being led there. The raven-haired young woman had kept herself away from the settlers, giving them all respectful distance, while she acclimated to the new personalities and people around her. That didn't mean she wasn't friendly to them but it always took a bit of time to get used to new situations.

Elisabeth had watched Balthazar and the guards trying to work together to get a game plan going regarding the settlement. She remained mostly silent during the conversations, preferring to talk to Balthazar after they were over, discussing their mutual ideas and opinions. Elisabeth didn't have much to offer but he was always willing to listen. Regardless of his frustrations or anger, he always made time for her and her thoughts, even if it was only a brief moment of time.

She wasn’t sure what Balthazar had in mind, but she thought it best to stay out of the way for the time being. Circling around behind the group, she found a spot in the sand a bit detached from the bonfire area and lowered herself into it, simply content to watch and see what the plan was.

Last edited by Elisabeth Black on Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 316
Balthazar Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

14 Ashan 721
Balthazar tended to the fire while the settlers who weren't working began to gather around him at the beach. He prodded the dry wood with a thicker stick and the flames began to spread a little more. After a few bits he backed away from the growing fire and he gestured for the settlers to move in a little closer. He would keep it under control the natural ways and it was there for them. He noticed Elisabeth taking a seat in the sand and offered her a small wave but he didn't go to her yet. The settlers had gathered and they wanted to know why. So he did he best.

"I'm not really one for speeches but I thought you all deserved some sort of notice." Balthazar said to the settlers who'd gathered. "I know things are still hard, I know there are rumors going around about me and I'll address them soon..." His voice trailed off a little and he looked towards the fire. Maybe he should have written a speech or prepared a little more. "I've heard promising things from the builders and farmer. By the end of trial tomorrow, the land on the western side of the village will be ready for planting." It felt like an empty promise but it was what he had. "Enjoy the fire tonight, use it to stay warm, I'll keep it burning till the last of you retires." And that was all. Not great. Not nearly what he'd wanted but he wasn't ready to address the rumors. For now he'd just keep the people warm.

The settlers didn't seem to mind very much in light of the fire he was providing but it wasn't as inspirational as it could have been. It was what it was. He had to move on now. It would look sad if he tried to begin another speech. It was over. Balthazar walked a little bit from the fire and sat down beside Elisabeth, the sound of hammering echoing from the build area behind them. "How have you been?"

Last edited by Balthazar Black on Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 360

Visible Mutations/ Marks

Mutations
Defiance: Skin always glows faintly and he is warm to the touch. His is also the center of a field of static electricity so people get shocked touching him on occasion.
Rupturing: Orange etheric cracks spider-web up his arms to his elbows. His eyes and the glowing cracks going down his cheeks glow dark blue.
Transmutation: He has a series of emerald, glowing cracks on his right pectoral.
Marks
Palenon: A silver lightning shaped mark about the size of a hand stretching up towards his torso.

Scars

• Oops, Oops, Ouch: Balthazar Black has twenty scars across his back from a lashing as well as scars on his hands and arms from jagged rocks on Faldrass. There are two scars on the sides of his abdomen from being stabbed and a slash across his back which blends in with the whip scars.
Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Noting Balthazar’s wave, she gave a small wave and smile back. She had no desire to distract him for the moment so she simply gave back what he gave her and let the rest slide. Obviously, he had something in mind, and she was curious to see what it was.

Mostly, just updates and encouragement. Never bad things in her opinion. He had created the fire for them to enjoy – that was good too. Looking around, the people seemed happy enough to just enjoy the warmth and settle their minds for a few bits.

As he walked over to her and sat, Elisabeth offered another smile, holding out her hand gently. His question was met with the calm tone she always used in public, even if there was little chance they would be overheard. “I’ve been fine. Keeping busy with meditation and working on Defiance. Getting to know people, staying busy and trying to work out some ways I can help the people here. My mind is always working. You know that. I’ve seen some things on the beach I want to investigate later totrial. Might be something important, I’m not sure yet.”

Turning to him, she let her eyes take in his profile. Like her, he was always thinking. That was usually, in her opinion, why he always sounded distracted – he was. One of these trials, she would figure out how to make him understand the things she needed to, but it wasn’t going to be anytime soon. Elisabeth hadn’t figured out his ‘language’ yet, despite her best efforts. The thing was, she wouldn’t stop trying. She was stubborn that way.

“And you? How have you been?” Gently, she nudged his body with hers. It felt strange asking someone she was close with how they had been considering they were living out of the same tent, but the pair were in stressful times. These weren’t the lighter times of Rharne or even Viden. Faldrass was real life and they both had work to do.

Last edited by Elisabeth Black on Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:26 pm, edited 3 times in total. word count: 343
Balthazar Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

14 Ashan 721
"I should try to do better, my master would have been able to find lessons for you while working with the builders." Balthazar lamented without any real sadness behind his voice- or at least no deeper sadness than usual. He was disappointed over his performance in front of the crowd but he couldn't change it so he was trying to move forward. He just... couldn't forget it. He couldn't banish the thought of standing in front of that group of settlers and giving them an update they likely knew from gossip already. However he could focus on Elisabeth, which was what he did. He thought about her and the memories that they had made together in Rharne, Viden, and now here. This was his settlement, they followed him, but she was helping in little ways by being around.

He noticed her mention of seeing things on the beach and sat up a little straighter out of curiosity. What sort of something? He wanted to know more but assumed that Elisabeth didn't know anything more. She'd probably have told him if she did. All the same he gave her a small nod and said, "Keep me updated, that sounds interesting." Until they knew what she'd seen, that was all he could really say about it. Then she turned the question on him. How was he? Balthazar took a deep, long, and slow breath in through his nose and out through his mouth while he listened to the cracking of the fire that burned brightly to warm the gathered settlers. How was he? Better with her around but... terrible. He couldn't admit that to her though. Not with his shadow lingering near them.

"Have I told you that I can't forget anything anymore?" Balthazar asked Elisabeth after a long exhale. It might have seemed like it came out of nowhere, but it was the beginning of the troubles that persisted in Balthazar's mind. "That's not true... I suppose. It's not like I recall everything I promise to do at every moment but I can think back and... anything I look for is there." How did he explain it to someone who could not experience it. To some degree Elisabeth might get it if she had a good memory but there were always details that would be fuzzy to her memory that would be clear in his. It was an asset in his line of work. The ability to sit and think back over everything he'd experience- to think about the details of every interaction. Yet that was not why it troubled him now. He was not thinking of the cases he worked that his memory could help. "I used to have a little comfort in the black spots- the things I couldn't remember because I'd drank too much, been hit too hard or maybe just repressed." He paused, knowing he was still not being clear about what was going on in his head.

"It's part of the mark." His eyes drifted to his fingernails. "One of the few things these don't stop." Another pause. He needed to mind his words a little more. If they did not need to know about an ability he had, he would not reveal it to the shadow. He assumed his memory was known to the Elements though because Jacien seemed to have known. "It lets me think about things a lot more. Remembrance is a dangerous domain." Balthazar looked towards the fire he could not hear. "There is a line between remembering and fixating that I seem to be struggling with. The more I think about everything that happened, the less any of it makes sense to me. I want to poke holes in what happened, blame the Albarech and Militant for not stopping me when I asked the other Elements about slavery or Jacien for trying to sell me slaves. I want to..." He paused again. "I want to know what that damn bird did."

Last edited by Balthazar Black on Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:18 pm, edited 3 times in total. word count: 679

Visible Mutations/ Marks

Mutations
Marks

Scars

Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

The first words he spoke to her were something of an admission of failure on his part to train her properly. Shaking her head gently, she nudged him a bit with her body, mostly to let him know she was there.

“No, you shouldn’t. I didn’t ask you to initiate me into Defiance to make you do all the work. I guess perhaps I have been used to being trained by someone – having someone show or give me information that I needed and going from there. I’m not sure how you could have prepared me for dealing with this spark or any of these small abilities I have now. I was the one that was wrong – mostly. I didn’t realize that for right now, it’s on me to figure these things out.

Taking a quick breath, she pushed on, listing what she had learned. I’ve heard fire. I’ve heard wind and I’ve heard water. You couldn’t have told me what they would sound like. Earth is being stubborn but I’m working on it. I’ve learned how a flame on a candle will lean away from my hand…or how to coax fire and water towards me. Your teaching style is just different. In everything you’ve taught me, you gave me the tools I needed and set me loose. You trusted me to figure out what to do with them.”

They briefly discussed her observations of the beach but there was nothing really to discuss yet, so she let the matter drop.

What came next caught her off-guard. He had a habit of doing that, especially when it came to deep conversations about his feelings. He rarely shared those so when he did, she paid attention. Shaking her head as he asked if he had told her about his ability to never forget, Elisabeth silently wondered how long he had been able to do that. While it was possible she wasn’t understanding the full implications of the ability, she did understand – in theory – what it would feel like to have total recall.

As he continued, the young woman paid close attention. The conversation – she was built for this. It was the type of exchange not unlike the one they had at the Copper Prince, what seemed like a lifetime ago. It wasn't lost on her that very evening, they had talked about Faldrass and here they were now, on Faldrass.

But then came the crux of it – remembrance. A dangerous domain, indeed.

Taking a deep breath, she turned in the sand to face him, laying one hand on his knee. “I may not have your ability, but I do the same thing. Wonder if there was something more I could have done that trial that would have changed the outcome. The outcome isn't something either of us wanted. I'm still angry. I'm angry that your magic has been suppressed. I'm angry that we lost so much time together. I'm angry that I'm scared you could be ripped away from me in the blink of an eye, so much so that sometimes I have a hard time sleeping. But in those moments when the anger comes, I remember that I'm here with you now...in a place I feel comfortable in. I remember that I can touch you and see you. That takes the edge off the anger.”

Smiling softly at the mage, she recalled something she had told him during a very important moment in their relationship.

“Perfect memory recall, right? Go back to the Mummer’s Ball. Right after I came back to you from leaving the main room. I came back and you were just sitting there. I told Doran to go on and I stayed with you and told you things. Remember them right now.” She remembered it like it was yestertrial. The moment forever fused in her mind.

"Balthazar, look at me. Focus on me. Just you and me. Remember the first time we met? All the millions of questions I asked you. The brawls. Our talks. Oranges and lavender. The stars and snow? I had no hope when we met. You gave me hope. I'm here…because of you. You showed me I was so much more than what I thought I was. That I was deserving of being so much more. I'm giving that hope back to you now. Whatever is going on in that mind of yours, we will figure it out, together. You aren't alone. But I need you to come back to me right now. Please."

She waited a moment for him to remember before moving on. “Almund didn't turn out like either of us wanted...but it did bring us here. You don't have to do anything alone anymore. I want to be the person you come talk to when you need to vent or just figure things out. If you are fixating on something, come talk to me. We are a pretty good team, you and me. I'd like to think we can figure out most anything...together. "

Rubbing his knee a bit, she gave him a gentle smile and confessed something she had known for a while. "Fire. When I hear fire...the warm whispers? It's you. I knew they were whispers from the first moment I heard it in Viden...but it took me a few more times hearing and experiencing them to figure out whose whispers they are. When I hear fire, it's you."

Last edited by Elisabeth Black on Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 937
Balthazar Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

14 Ashan 721
Elisabeth disagreed with him, when didn't she? He thought the world was a dark a dreary place where bad people did bad things to good people. He often thought his role in the world was to be there to stop as many bad people as he could before the end but these trials he wasn't even sure the end would really be... well... the end. Elisabeth seemed to have more hope. She was always more positive. It was never his fault, there were always good things to remember. He knew that. Just as he could not forget the bad, he could not forget the good, but he had precious little good that had not been corrupted by some form of bad. Xanax, Isabella, children, even Rharne to an extent. He didn't lament the title he'd earned there. No Yari worth meeting could feel bad about that. He fought and he won. However he knew it was not meant as a compliment. Elisabeth was one of the few good things that hadn't been corrupted by something bad yet even thought Jacien had given it his all.

He didn't want his inability to give her the attention she deserved to create the wedge between them that it had created between Xanax and Balthazar. He had not had long to reflect on his new memory since the murder of Rhaum but now, sitting there and thinking about everything, he could remember every trial. He could remember ever slight that had compiled over time to bother him while he was an apprentice. Every time Xanax said 'no' or 'not totrial' and Balthazar resented him for it. He did not want that to be what became of him and Elisabeth.

Only one things struck Balthazar as odd when Elisabeth told him about her independent studies in Defiance. Flames leaned away from her? Fire leaned towards him all the time but it was only more proof that the magic would not function exactly the same for the both of them. She interpreted the space he'd given her as trust and he said nothing to contradict her. He thought of the space as a failure to be there for her, but he could not say he did not trust her.

That didn't change that he would do what he thought was necessary to protect her. Elisabeth told him a little of her own thoughts on Almund, mentioning that she was angry his magic had been suppressed. He said nothing more on it because she couldn't understand and he didn't want his frustration to rise trying to explain it. This wasn't suppressed, it was cut off entirely. He'd suppressed his sparks before with soothing but the binding on his wrist were something entirely different. He felt empty. What was worse was that while she could touch him and see him, he could only see a fraction of what he had seen of her before. He had known her frequency and now all he heard from her were her words.

He knew what she was trying to say. He knew, or felt, that in a gentle way she was saying he shouldn't be angry because they still had each other and the island but it did little to comfort him. She could be taken from him at any moment just as easily now as she could have been before only now he did not have his magic to recover and protect her. Nothing had changed from how it would have been and he would not be grateful to people who had only put an impediment in his life. Rand and Kura seemed to think the Sparrow's people would make Balthazar watch while they killed her, but that was something they physically never would have been able to do while he had all his magic. Now... it was possible. They'd have been together on Faldrass one way or another only now they lacked significant means to protect themselves and grow. Then Elisabeth mentioned the ball and the man looked at her briefly.

"Don't ask me to recall that, that party made no sense." Balthazar countered before the exact moment Elisabeth was talking about came back to him. In hindsight so much about the ball confused the mage but it was only the impact of the immortals involved. He remembered dancing with Syroa. He remembered forgetting that Yeva was dead. That still struck him as incredibly odd. He had perfect memory since he killed Icarus and yet he had forgotten about Yeva's demise until briefly before her return. However Elisabeth was not asking him to think back on the many strange things that had occurred. She was asking him to recall the moment she'd tried to console him. "I remember what you said, and I appreciate it." He paused, looking over at Elisabeth for a trill before looking back to the fire and listening to the hammers banging nails into boards behind him.

"But hope is not something you can give so easily." His tone had changed a little, from that of a sad man to a teacher. He wanted her to learn this before she had to experience it. "I need more than 'we will figure it out.' No one in this settlement would have any hope if I told them and assured them that things would be fine. It is the building, the workers, and my constant presence that give them hope. My speech? They'll forget it by tomorrow, even if I never can. Not that it was much of a speech. I'll have to give a better one tomorrow." Balthazar continued watching the fire as his disappointment was slowly eaten away by determination.

Balthazar's brow furrowed and he looked away from the fire towards Elisabeth for a few trills before shifting back to the fire. "As long as my shadow breathes, I will not speak my mind. I will choose every word I speak carefully because every word is being reported to someone who will be quite baffled when her pet psychologists can't figure me out." Elisabeth told him about what she heard from the fire. There was an empty smile on his face when he looked away and he gently prodded Elisabeth with his arm. "Well that must be awful, now you can't even escape me when you go off on your own adventures." Or when I die.

Last edited by Balthazar Black on Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 1087

Visible Mutations/ Marks

Mutations
Marks

Scars

Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

He was in a reflective mood that evening. Balthazar was always thinking, just as Elisabeth herself was. It was one trait they shared utterly and completely. But the reflectiveness was laced with the want to talk about some of those thoughts. It was what set that moment apart from others. They thought. They talked. But nights like the one at the Copper Prince, or the one at her house when she gave him his dagger – those were special. Little windows into who he was and exactly what he was thinking.

Elisabeth had seen many different versions of the man she cared for and she treasured each one of them. You couldn’t care for someone and decide to pick and choose which versions you wanted. People were made up of separate and distinct versions of themselves, all jammed into one body. She had born witness to his sadness, grief, concern, and even fear. The fear had scared her the most, mostly because she had been the cause. The situation had turned out alright but that was by the grace of the elements. If she hadn’t felt it absolutely necessary to go through the initiation, she never would have subjected him to that pain. And then there was Almund.

Smiling a bit, he admitted he recalled what she said but it was obvious he had issues with it. But he did as she asked and didn’t dismiss, instead explaining why he felt differently. Oh, she noticed the difference in tone and that made her smile more because even before he was finished, she knew how to reply. “Well, I know you believe that – about hope – but I disagree. You gave me hope. I’ve given you hope. I’m not selfish enough to believe that situation is exclusive to just us. And besides, you seem to be implying that I think you’ve done everything perfectly. No one is perfect. That speech? Not perfect. Nowhere near perfect.”

Grinning softly at him, she continued. “But you are missing the big picture. Look around. They’ve forgotten the speech already. They didn’t need a big inspiring speech. They needed you. Here. Being here for them. And you are. Just like you've been here for me.”

After telling him about the fire, she saw the smile. They were so rare these trials...but it wasn't a true smile. Regardless, she would take it.

But not only a smile, a teasing joke to follow. Laughing softly, she looked up, letting her eyes find the stars – a favorite pastime of hers – replying in a light, teasing voice. “Well, whoever said I wanted to escape you? If someone told you that, they are a big, fat, liar.”

Remembering a point he made suddenly, she turned her head to look at him, smiling a bit. “Oh…and if ‘we will figure it out’ doesn’t work for you, how about ‘Thank you for being in my life’? I’m grateful for every moment I’m with you…even the ones that don’t turn out quite the way I expected. Thank you for giving me someone to miss…and someone that misses me in return. Are those better words? If not, I have a whole bunch more I can try on you. I know words. Lots of words. Even some really good ones in different languages..."

Last edited by Elisabeth Black on Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:19 pm, edited 3 times in total. word count: 563
Balthazar Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

14 Ashan 721
Elisabeth gained no favors by reminding Balthazar of the quality of his speech or by addressing their fundamental disagreement on hope and the tangible ability to give it away. However she didn't earn any scorn either. Instead the mage just sat there listening to her talk while his eyes traced the fire slowly rising into the sky. She told him that he was missing the big picture despite having said the very same thing about the speech a few trills before and so Balthazar continued staring into the fire, the small smile lingering on his face as he thought about the state of things.

He suspected his settlement would face greater dangers than just the need for food. He could and would continue to teach them to protect themselves but training them to fight would be useless unless they were all healthy. It was an issue for another time. Elisabeth said something else that caused Balthazar's smile to widen a little more. Perfect memory. He could pick any moment she'd gone off to do something and recite word for word what had been said. However when she asked who said that she wanted to escape him it was not Elisabeth that Balthazar thought about and it was not her that had caused him to smile mischievously. But it didn't matter he cast the memories from his mind and looked over at his initiate.

She had said many sweet things and he'd remember them but they would not help his people. It was kind but it was as good as saying that things would work out. "I don't need more words from you." Balthazar said in a somewhat distant voice before scooting a little closer to Elisabeth and putting an arm around her. "You are enough." He gave her a small kiss on the top of her head and then turned his eyes back to the fire keeping his people warm. It was a good moment that he wanted to draw out for as long as he could because while he knew he would remember it forever, Elisabeth would eventually lose some of the details. There was work to do, but for the time being he was content on the beach with her.

Last edited by Balthazar Black on Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 381

Visible Mutations/ Marks

Mutations
Marks

Scars

Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

She knew she talked too much sometimes. Sometimes she was overeager and let her curiosity run wild. Elisabeth was a flawed creature with a lot to learn about life. However, she rarely said anything without thinking about the implications first. Balthazar and she were similar in a lot of ways but equally different in many more. He was a man of action, not words. She had grown up in a library, full of words.

But there in the sand, he told her possibly the most profound thing he could have, stunning her for not figuring it out sooner. Maybe he had been trying to tell her all along and she simply hadn’t been listening – another flaw although she considered herself an excellent listener.

He didn’t need more words from her. She was enough.

Cerulean eyes gazed at him, at a loss for words. How had she missed it? All the time she had spent trying to convey to him how she felt. Words upon words…and he already knew and accepted it. All he wanted, was her presence. For her to be there. And for the first time in their relationship, the young mage was speechless.

She was the driving force behind affection in their relationship. Since being on the island, Elisabeth had been careful to not initiate any within view of the settlers, but when his arm wrapped around her, there was no hesitation on her part to reciprocate, nestling head gently on his shoulder. She felt the kiss, closing her eyes tightly to let the moment burn into her memories, joining a select few she called upon during moments of uncertainty. The night at the Copper Prince. Their first dance. The kiss in her room at Storm’s Edge. But those weren’t the only ones that sustained her. It was the hundreds of little ways he showed her he cared every trial. Showed instead of telling.

A man of action, indeed.

word count: 326
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Faldrass Island”