A Star at Night

60th of Vhalar 716

The capital city of the of Rynmere, here is seated the only King in Idalos.
Quio
Approved Character
Race: Yludih
Renown: 113
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 3

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

A Star at Night

Finally he began, if only a bit, to accept it when they said they were not angry, they were merely-- curious. The Yludih purposefully relaxed his shoulders, which had been knit up in his tension, and breathed out a breath he had been long holding.

"Thank you," he murmured to Faith, wincing at the tightness of the bind as she wound it and then wound it even tighter, but the tighter the better, regardless of the pain. He hadn't known she knew doctoring. She seemed to know a lot of things.

"Yes," he said then, when Tristan asked for his name. Because he knew it was probably confusing for them all. How many identities had been revealed tonight? Three? "Call me Quio." The questions the noble asked should have been just as simple to answer, but none of this was easy for him to explain out loud, not after it had been trained into him to never let anyone outside of the family hold such a truth. Thankfully, Elyna seemed to know a bit more, and answered for him, at least partially.

He nodded his head when she asked if he could change his appearance, allowing her to go on before speaking.

"We do... we can have many faces, many forms," he eventually said in a low voice. He glanced at the door as if someone might walk by and overhear; had he heard something or was he simply paranoid, not wanting to talk about this? Forcing his eyes back to the group, he pressed on. "Though I don't know where it started... if people distrusted us because we deserved it, because we were untrustworthy?" He shook his head. The Yludih had always been able to shift forms, so was there something inherently dishonest in that? "Or if we became untrustworthy, and untrusting, due to others' fear and bias."

That was the big question as far as he was concerned, a chicken-and-egg caliber inquiry. Something he had wondered at even as a child. In its simplest form: Did being Yludih make him a bad person? He had never tried to be, or at least he didn't think he had been worse than anyone else. Until recently.

What had happened on the ship-- had that happened because he was Yludih? Because he was open to-- to being changed, altered, so easily?

That was probably it, he thought bitterly, but tried to school himself back into a semblance of stoicism.

"My hand will be fine, thanks to Faith," he said at last, and plastered on a small apologetic smile. "I'm sorry for bothering you all. Thank you for--" Not hating me? For not attacking me? He faltered there. "--for understanding." He no longer had a glass, he had smashed his, and he could not fathom at this moment retreating back to the ballroom and celebrating as the Lady Burhan had suggested.

"To the removal of masks," he still repeated anyways, as if completing Elyna's toast, "It would have been a little too on the nose had this been a masquerade, yes?" He tried to smile again, but wasted no time standing, separating himself from the three of them. At least his legs were no longer shaking, and the wound was covered so he didn't feel as faint. He would be okay. "Actually, um, if you'll excuse me? I still think I should go. I'm not... good... at parties." As they had all clearly seen. He was planning on finding some quiet place to wait until Hart either found him or it was time to leave.
"Speaking in Rakahi"
"Speaking in Common"
"Speaking in Ulehi"
word count: 612
A L I A S E S
Quio
Freeman
Ruq, Iaan, Korim
Image Image Image
Whisper
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Prophet
Profession: Storyteller
Renown: 394
Plot Notes
Office
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

A Star at Night

Elyna

Awarded Points

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 5/5
Structure: 5/5
These points can/cannot be spent in magic

Awarded Knowledge

Linguistics: Translating a Conversation
Quio: “Iaan Krome”
Quio: “Ruq”
Quio: Yludih
Tristan: Pretended to be a King
Yludih: Shapeshifters
Yludih: Untrustworthy

Awarded Extras

Loot & Losses Injuries
None None
Fame Devotion
+5 - Standing up to Xenophobia None
[/color]

Faith

Awarded Points

Awarded Knowledge

Etiquette: Politely Calling People Out
Fashion: Special Kind of Torture
Medicine: Removing Glass from a Wound
Quio: Fearful of Revealing his Identity
Slavery: Knowing what your Master wants to Hear

Awarded Extras

Loot & Losses Injuries
None None
Fame Devotion
[/color]

Quio

Awarded Points

Awarded Knowledge

Elyna Burhan: Gracious Host
Etiquette: Truth Versus Lies
Faith: Talented Healer
Illusions: Not Only Yludih Hide their True Selves
Yludih: Hiding Your True Nature
Yludih: Not Hated by Everyone
Yludih: What is it to Be

Awarded Extras

Loot & Losses Injuries
None None
Fame Devotion
+3 - Bravery None
[/color]

Tristan Venora

Peer Review

Awarded Knowledge

Faith: Has Spunk
Quio: Fearful of Revealing his Identity
Women's’ Fashion: Confusing

Extras

Loot & Losses Injuries
None None
Fame Devotion
[/color]

Comments

Such a happy-sad thread! I'm so glad Quio wasn't shafted by Tristan, Faith and Elyna.. kudos to all three for being genuinely good people! But... wow did my heart go out to Quio - incredible writing on your part, man.. I felt every bit of his pain and nervousness throughout that.

If you have any questions, comments or criticism about your review, feel free to send me a PM and we can discuss it.
Thank ye.
word count: 347
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Andaris”