• PM To Join • Disaster Relief

Faith and Lavana coordinate

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Lavana Tharn
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Disaster Relief

5th Of Ashan
Lavana wasn't sure where to begin but her body was still in a great deal of pain. But shed do what she must, she was sore about her evening in the council but she had to look past it. It wasn't time to fret that her mother did not love her, shed have to man up at least for a while and begin clutching bits and pieces of debris and putting them in the back of the donkey driven wagon but it was excruciating and she knew if she pushed herself hard enough her sealed wound would split open.

The hot head would use her intelligence as she knew better then to push herself beyond the extent of her physical ability. Even if it was a danger to her well being it felt serenely calming, she figured doing anything; just something to take her mind off her own troubled. made Lavana feel infinitely better as she was drenched in her armor.

The mortal born pointed at a broken six by six beam and politely requested it to be removed by several people "Excuse me, I can't lift this but if you guys work together I'm sure getting it off the ground and into the cart will be an easy task" as her injury was proving to be a most unforgiving adversary in the thick of it.

As she watched the men work together at her request she discovered something there, a power she didnt have before that she could use with relative confidence. There was something she had within, the ability to be a leader and while her grasp on what that entailed or did for her as a person was relatively lost on her. She had been given enough respect being injured that people listened and would cooperate.

Tactics began formulating in her mind as she saw her path to victory, as she coordinated her party using multiple people to clear heavy things, like shed learned from Vega on the day they had met. But now the situation was reversed, she could not do the physical labor only instruct those that lingered to work in cohesion as she took to this wasteland of mortar and rubble with ambition in her Amber eyes that grew wide with this wild gaze as she surveyed the scene, but she would not be doomed to flag or fail. Even as time went on and people started leaving.

As one cart got filled by unified efforts Lavana could walk along the side of the fresh cart making it's way in, as shed direct him and carriage to it's proper destination. While a small crew of volunteers worked together, and suddenly hard jobs alone were no sweat and nightmarish tasks if undertaken by onself could be absolved withnhaste and efficiency as they stayed focused on a singular objective and worked as a team.

Lavana seem to grasp this new concept, this was her element; she felt comfortable. As she used her skill set to fix a problem. Carriages came from all places and left, the mortsl born would use moderate ability to try and unjam the wagon situation as often carts would be coming and going on the same road and get stuck. Lavana would try get people to listen, and make the travel easier in and out as a one way. A few streets in and a few streets out, as they got filled and then they departed and then came back only to rinse and repeat the process. It was a U as they'd pull into the one way to collect and follow the make shift caravan on there way out.

Lavana wanted efficiency in her war machine, as she battled with the aftermath. The mortal born would not be haunted by her mistakes, shed own them and grow as she helped inadvertently make this disaster; and it was time for her to clean up this mess. As Raskalarns Daughter made attempts to redeem herself, not for anyone but herself. It felt good to have control

Lavanas efforts were her calling as a leader as Celarion glowed brightly around her arm. She wondered if this was her purpose as she kept a watchful eye on what was going on. The mortal born was maintaining her tempo while the numbers faded, but she stayed consistent she knew it was an undertaking but steady.

She was ready for new tasks, new objectives after trying to unclog the traffic in and out. It was a cog in the wheel that had been tended. The only problem was Lavana didn't know where to begin, she spotted an easy problem well enough but her organization skills were severely lacking as she tried to make sense of everything going on but couldn't exact appreciate the full picture.
Last edited by Lavana Tharn on Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 810
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Fanatical Philanthropist
Renown: 2250
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Disaster Relief

Faith was exhausted. Even she would have to admit that at this point. She had slept in snatches here and there for the last five trials and she had pushed herself further than she should, she knew. However, she had promised Padraig that she was going to come home and sleep there tonight, and he had responded with a very loving, very dry and very assertive assurance that he would be there to pick her up and walk her home. Faith wasn't entirely sure that he didn't mean "pick her up" literally, if she argued. But she wasn't going to argue, because she needed sleep. With a prayer to Famula, though, she knew that she had just a few more breaks in her, and so she had been looking at the current reports on how things were in the zone. It was what they had grown to call the area where the disaster had taken place.

She'd been told of a woman who was taking charge, organising the carts here and how she'd done it and Faith nodded. "That's good. It'll stop anything getting clogged up. Can we implement that across the zone?" Koleen, one of the Isonomia members nodded her head. "I think so. Shall I?" Faith considered it for another bit, making sure that from a logistics viewpoint it worked and then she frowned. "This area, they'll need to go slightly.. look." There was one area being cleared which would require a slight detour, but that was a minor thing. Still, it meant that things would be efficient and run well. Faith looked at the map on the wall and spoke quietly, once she'd explained. "Then, yes, implement it." It was time for her to go out and have a look at what was happening in the zone, anyhow, so Faith tied her hair back and smiled at Koleen and Alissa. "We'll go do a few breaks moving rubble. It'll help morale, I think. It dips now that we're finding mostly corpses."

The two faction members glanced at each other and Alissa was the one who spoke. "You should rest, Faith." Faith smiled and nodded. "Tonight. I'm going to go home and cuddle my babies all night long" She had missed them dreadfully, but she had been firm. This was no place for children, most certainly, and she couldn't leave so she would have to be strong and carry on without them. It was possibly one of the most difficult decisions the young mother had ever had to make, but she wouldn't be bringing her babies to this place, it wasn't fair.

So, she made her way out with Koleen and Alissa, and there she saw a familiar sight. "That's the woman who's been doing the organising," Koleen said and Faith smiled as she walked up to Raskalarn's daughter. Not sneaking up on her or anything of the sort, just quietly approaching and with a smile. "It's good to see you again. How are you faring?" Faith asked, looking to the woman with a medic's gaze. "I hope you're not overdoing it here? But thank you, we're instigating your system across the whole zone." If it seemed likely that Faith was a pampered and spoiled young woman who didn't get her hands dirty, as she moved rubble and debris with a remarkable amount of strength for such a small frame, she certainly belied that notion. "How are the others?" Lavana had seemed close to Max, Faith thought. Then, she asked what she really wanted to.

"How are you?"
word count: 614
This PC is dead. See this thread for details.
Lavana Tharn
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Disaster Relief

Tharn
As Lavana greeted her friend with a sullen smile she couldn't really pull her eyes away from the carnage and devastation but she nodded as she oversaw the movement of people doing there jobs waiting to put them to task. There were so many people that couldn't take responsibility for there actions, she saw the truth Qylios had given the woman a new outlook and perspective as a group of people were pulling another mangled corpse from the wreckage.

"No I'm not ok, but thank you for asking.

You said you met the king of Rynmere? What did you think of him? I've been left wondering if his policy on mages after~ this~ was his reasoning? I'm left to believe he is right about mages, the more I go over what happened that night I'm compelled to think that there is a kernel of truth to it. Not many people know this but Max and I a woman named Vega and Kura plus all the women I saved can corroborate my claim.

I saw Sephira lose control of herself after I climbed the stairs. I saw what her magic did as it shook the building into a collapse. I did what I had to do to survive, as I made decisions terrible decisions but because of them we are alive. But I'm wondering if shes living a lie denying that she is responsible for this.

Logistically speaking her involuntary manslaughter is how many? Compared to how many women were butchered by the cultists? Not even the Cuckoo can claim this body count.

I wonder, if this is how we honor the dead? Living a lie, and not giving them justice. She has the power to level a city block but is not in control of it when she pushes herself to far. I wonder if men are supposed to wield such things.

The bottom line, the flame element is a danger to society."

Lavana used her sheathed sword in hand to let it slowly move and cast across the horrors that had been inflicted upon by Sephiras spark. This was not the Cultists doing, this was Blackwoods mess! And she the elements were protecting her from justice as she blindly followed her orders. She was just letting herself her inner dialogues slip through her mouth, Faith for some reason despite there differences had the same objectives. Even now, she felt secure enough to openly talk.

"I was tossed out of the council for demanding compensation to Maxine, I think during the next council meeting you should ask the elements for Sephiras written accounts of what happened that evening than match it to what the women I saved say. Kura is the only other reliable person is trust with my life.. " Lavana wouldn't put Kura under the wagon, even if she had contempt in her heart for what her mother had done. She was realizing taking it out on the imperial owl was not the way; she was her friend and still wanted her bond as Lavana had time to have her temper tantrums. There was a difference between what she felt, and actually going through and acting on it.

"They turn around and put Blackwood on a pedestal as a hero, but she's a coward without control or even held accountable for the deaths of hundreds of people, shit not even the decency to pick up a stone on there behalf"

Was this how Scalvoris was supposed to operate? Even if it was involuntary manslaughter on every victim it was more then enough to spark outrage not at the Cultists but at the very elements themselves.

" People know the truth Faith, while she hides they've reduced the elements numbers jeaopordizing public safety for these investigations; I was assaulted in the Bazaar not long ago. All the while she hides; hostilities are building with the public. She uses the Elements as a shield to hide from justice like, like an coward."

There were other things like her mother that bothered the mortal born, but the scale of the carnage was beyond words as she continued to loom at these desolate wasteland of bodies wood and mortar. It seemed Qylios might have been changing the mortal borns outlook on things, as she looked at her path.and things differently as though it were illuminated. Lavana hadn't noticed her help, but she was confident as a leader to confide in the council woman about what she saw that night that led to this.
word count: 762
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Disaster Relief

She wasn't ok but thanks for asking? Faith looked at Lavana and considered that this was a woman who needed to be heard, to be listened to and to speak. So, being who she was, and needing what she did, Faith did just that and listened to her. Listening, hearing and paying attention to her, Faith frowned slightly. She didn't speak until Lavana had finished, then she breathed in and spoke in a soft voice. "I think, one of the hardest things about magic is how enormously, overwhelmingly, terrifyingly powerful it is." Looking down at the stone she was lifting, Faith went back to the first question. "When I met him, he was..." Images of a boy, pretending to be a slave and kneeling next to her as Velijorn threw the wine at him flashed before her eyes. "I remember thinking how heavily it must weigh on him, all that responsibility. Every action, every decision, they impacted hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people." Why had he done what he did regarding the mages? She didn't know, she really didn't. Tristan had written to her, had discussed it with her but Faith saw it as a much more complicated matter.

"I suppose magic is .. it can have the most awful consequences, but isn't what Sephira did the same as what you did? She made decisions. Difficult, awful decisions. Were your decisions right or wrong? I don't know. I don't know what they were. But with magic, the consequences are so enormous, potentially." Faith looked at Lavana and she said, quite honestly. "I'm fairly sure the world would be a better place if we didn't have magic in it." One thing at a time, Faith, she thought with a smile.

People knew the truth? "I don't doubt that there is a lot to come out. The Council will have an investigation," Faith said and her expression, everything about her told that she didn't think it was important. But then, she clarified. "But that isn't now. Now, there are hundreds of people without homes, food, shelter. Now, we put the damage right, then we make sure it doesn't happen again." Shrugging slightly, she looked almost apologetically at Lavana. "In medicine, it's how we work. Deal with what's killing someone first, then with the things that won't kill them, but need treating."

Faith motioned to the glowing band around Lavan's arm, and lifted her own arm to show something very similar. "My husband is marked by Qylios," she said, by way of explanation. "But I promise you, when the investigation comes, I will give it as much attention as I have the relief effort. If it were down to me, we'd ban magic and make the practice of necromancy illegal. But it is not. I just know that too many deaths are caused by it." Faith looked at Lavana and spoke in a quiet but firm voice. "I don't know about anyone else, but I know that you came and you helped. I'm more grateful for that than I can tell you."
word count: 529
Lavana Tharn
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Disaster Relief

Tharn
She didn't say much in regards to the King of Rynmere, but she wasn't cued to talk rather let it soak in assimilating the information. Faiths views on magic, and Cassanders wildly unpopular decree. But even if it was unpopular it might have been for the greater good, naturally such is the burden of command as a leader Lavana thought as she carefully hung on and evaluated her words with careful measure to see her reasoning. Burning mages didn't come off as unappealing, those that sought magic sought power she believed that was beyond there control.

Lavanas amber eyes lit up when she saw Faith raise her arm revealing a glowing band, she felt very comfortable with the council woman now. A kind of unspoken bond that connected her with perhaps a friend. It was true Faith was nothing at all like Max, but she had her own way and she respected it while not rightly understanding it. Even so much as to feel embarrassed for her ignorant thoughts on what Faith was trying to accomplish in the council. She saw it, and understood it now that she was ground level with the relief effort.

But there was something there that made the mortal born open up. About doing everything in her power to resolve the matter

"There's more to this though, it's not just a wound your treating somethings rotten. You see I found the guy when I stayed after the disaster, and the twins tossed me a sack of coins. Blood money for his deeds, on the bag there was an emblem; Crossed Hatchets and a Saw. I couldn't figure it out in my blind rage, my mother rejected me for Kura and I was lost in a dark place with resentment like I've never known before. But I had to look past it to do what I can, here" Lavana was being thorough in her thoughts and it was obvious the mortal born was connecting something at least trying to as best she could like a child trying to jam a circular block into a square . "The more time we spend out in this the more time I keep thinking about my time with that loveable bastard the Tarnished Silver when he showed me about money ledgers." That coin, while different then the glass fountain shed come across took her back to money. And it sounded crazy to her, but it was making sense that this whole thing was about money and greed someone sought to monopolize on the tragedy a true nemesis to the free markets if ever there was one.

"When you look past this tragedy I can only see money to be made, thousands of onyx in a reconstruction effort, blood money! Like what that cart puller had made off me and Max. It feels like something else is going on, I should have talked to Kura but I've been upset perhaps not with her, but I'm not in a good place either " Without detective skills Lavana was only capable of coming up with assumptions, but shed never forget that unknown symbol axes and saw on what was probably a handful of onyx. "I gave that coin purse with the symbol on it to Sephira in confidence, where is it? And what's been done about it?"

Lavana shook her head, as she came to the realization that she sounded crazy and could not provide the burden of proof like she could when Sephira had lost control of her sorcery. But that's all Lavana could go on, it was the truth though every last word. It was easy to confide in Faith with confidence, she was the closest thing to a motherly figure she had found on her journey so far.

"Sorry, I know I'm just carrying on and sound crazy. "She rubbed the back of her head, as shed once again adorned her emotional armor. She would adamantly stone wall further prying. Lavana had let it out, spoke on things far above her pay grade and was treading very dangerous water. But she was clear on one thing. "It's wonderful to see you, I just wish it was under better circumstances."

As she saw Faith pick something up she tried to do the same emulating her action only to be shocked by pain and the reality of her injury as she embarrassed herself before pulling away from the task.

"I just wish I could do more then point and bark"
word count: 760
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Disaster Relief

There were so many people here who were hurt, in one way or another. Lavana was very much among them and a large part of this was because of what had happened here. Not entirely, Faith didn't think and some of what the woman said made no sense to the young healer. But that was because she was talking, speaking about things which Faith wasn't there for and didn't entirely understand the complexities of. What she did, though, was what she needed to do - she listened.

Lavana seemed to be happy with the sight of her Qylios band and Faith smiled, pleased that it seemed to create a feeling of trust between them. It made sense, she understood - if she was the kind of person that a Qylios-marked individual would trust. But rotten to the core, blood money and symbols? She sighed slightly. "Honestly, it's all rather confusing for me. But that symbol - it would be useful if you could maybe draw it and put it out there, to the Elements, to the University too." As for the bag of coins and what she had given Sephira in confidence, Faith glanced at Lavana and wondered, considering her words. "I don't know," she was sure to point that out first, since that was the fundamental truth of it. "But maybe in light of what's happened, with all the male Elements being held until things get sorted, and with this," Faith gestured around to the zone. "Maybe Sephira has just been too busy - it's only been a few trials. Have faith and give her time. Speak to her, maybe, in a few trials if she hasn't done anything as far as you know then." Faith thought it was possible, even likely, that Lavana was jumping to conclusions about Sephira and the young woman wanted to urge caution from doing that.

As for the concern about money? Faith opened her hands, palms upwards in a shrug of almost-surrender gesture. "Maybe. But we have nearly a thousand volunteers donating their time. The faction I spoke about in the Council Halls, we donated ten thousand gold and another five thousand has been donated since by citizens. More is coming in all the time. " Motioning to one of the people walking into the area, Faith explained, "Whistle round her neck so that if she gets caught somewhere, she can contact and be heard. The glowstone there with it? That was loaned to us by the Elements. To help. The university sent engineers, people have donated food and bedding, clothes and even opened up their homes. Will there be people who make money out of it?" Yes, there would be, Faith didn't doubt it. "But all I can do is tell you that, so far, we have been donated massive amounts and what we've had to pay for has come at a very hefty discount. From everyone. So, yes, money will be made, but I just.. " She was tired, having not slept now for five nights. "I just feel so very proud of this community and what has been achieved." It was true, plain and simple.

"You're not carrying on. You are sharing concerns which are genuine ones. It's an important thing to do, and I'm glad you have." Faith very much meant what she said there, it was important and she appreciated Lavana's honesty and her integrity to her beliefs. "Kura is my friend," she said, softly, "she's family. I trust her with my secrets and my fears. I turn to her for advice when I need it and I leave my babies in her care. I believe that you can trust her. Talk to her at least?" There was no doubting it, Faith was as loyal as could be, and what she said was absolutely true in regard to Karem's daughter. "And as for pointing and barking? It's a very useful thing to do. You've made a change which makes this effort more efficient and that saves lives. So point and bark away." She smiled and motioned. "There are other jobs also. Giving out food, working in the medical tent, that kind of thing. Less lifting. If you'd rather?"
word count: 715
Lavana Tharn
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Disaster Relief

Tharn

"Yea your right, it is good to see the community come together like this."

Lavana wasn't sure what to make of it as she shrugged in compliance with Faiths line of thinking as she whole heartedly agreed with most of it. It was nice to see the community come together.

"Sure, I'll do my best to draw the emblem. Do you have anything to write with?" when parchment and quill were present shed do her best to recreate the picture, her talents were at best a toddlers doodle on the wall. It was no masterpiece but it got the job done roughly.

And maybe Faith was right, maybe Lavana was blaming people and smearing mud. Maybe she just needed to talk it out, but something was rotten with Etzos and she had a feeling someone was going to be making a ton of money on this man made catastrophe.

The slight sigh had irked the mortal born though, Faith seemed tired and maybe Lavana had gotten a bit carried away. She wanted to bite her tongue as she let things flow from it that maybe she shouldn't. How she explained the relief effort, maybe Faith felt that she was being questioned and her heart sank a bit.

Shed been hurt, wounded by the action as she was confiding. And didn't feel like shed been taken seriously, a pat on the back and a candy is what shed been given. It was a slight gesture but it was telling as it confirmed her fear; no one was going to take her seriously.

Lavana was frustrated and terribly angry and it seemed every time she was supposed to do something it came crashing to a halt because of how beligerently volatile she was. Maybe if she hadn't of been that upset and swallowed her pride, she wouldn't have been ejected from the council. Her temper was a problem, and she was starting to reflect on it.

"I'm sure the elements are great" It was easy to see that Lavana was going to be courteous while not necessarily agreeing with the sentiment, as far as she was concerned Lavana felt by and large like shed been treated like shit by them. Saved people in the super storm caught commentary, saved victims while being kidnapped while Sephira dropped a building on hundreds and got a promotion tried to save cultists, saved more victims in the rubble here, Saved a woman from being raped. Demanded compensation and protection to go to Rynmere and got her ass tossed into the snow when it was revealed she would not be doing something for nothing. There was a grievance, a notable one with that establishment. It was almost enough to make Lavana want to leave Scalvoris indefinitely, as pressures continued to mount without relief.

But shed refrain from slipping under angers lulls, as shed rely on discipline with a steady breath in an exhale to let the stress out proactively. And while she did her best to avoid it, her lack of words might have told she was suppressing her feelings again. "But the university, sounds promising!"As she changed her tone on the subject change, she seemed enthusiastic about the university. An institution of higher learning."Do you think they have books? On battles and stuff" she averted her gaze she was interested in reading but wanted to learn about strategies and campaigns from wars and conflicts of old.

"Sure, I'll help in whatever way I can. Medical tents? Sure!" maybe she might learn something, Lavana had pretty much outlasted her usefulness outside in this mess. Regardless she was more then happy to assist Faith. She was a great healer, and while it wasn't necessarily her thing shed be more then happy to assist saving people it's what she did."Kura seems to be held in high regards with everyone I meet, I'm lucky to have her as a friend" Lavana couldn't figure it out, she was mad but maybe at the wrong person. She understood Kura was well known and the Imperial Owl seemed like a genuine person. Maybe Lavana was being a fool, for hastily rushing into things with her feelings not in check.

Maybe the atmosphere needed to be changed, the tail end of it had been nothing more then corpse removal. What survivors had been dug out, had been dug out a lot earlier from the wreckage.
word count: 747
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Disaster Relief

Faith looked at the emblem and nodded. She hadn't seen it before, but there was no doubting that it was useful information. "I won't forget," Faith said, unaware that her sigh of frustration had, in turn, frustrated the mortalborn. In truth, there was just so much to do that Faith wondered if it would ever be done. She knew it would, she had no choice but to not stop until it was. But still. Faith had no idea of Lavana's internal dialogue and she was watching her with a medic's eyes, wanting to make sure that the woman was alright.

On the topic of the university and books on battles, Faith nodded. "Yes, I'm sure they do. Rose, the librarian, she seems to have books on everything. And knows each one. She's very impressive." Faith was certainly impressed with it, although she recognised that perhaps she was somewhat obsessed with learning. On the topic of Kura, Faith smiled slightly. "She's family. I am, therefore, biased. But yes." Kura was good people, Faith did not doubt it.

In terms of the rubble, Faith looked at it and saw hope, very much still there. It had to be, as she had said already, it wasn't until there were no more bodies that they would stop and if people were trapped but had access to water somehow, then maybe, just maybe, they were still alive. She had to believe that and she had to keep going. Anything else was not acceptable to her. There was no doubting it, Faith was a fanatic and, were it not for her husband, she'd probably be even more extreme than she was. He brought her an element of sanity and sense, although she would call it selfishness. Either way, she was happier and more balanced because of him.

She'd show Lavana to the medical tent, introduce her to one of the volunteer doctors there and then, with a smile, would bid her good trial and get back to what she was doing. Because there were still people there, she was sure. There had to be.
Off Topic
Fun thread! Thank you!
word count: 363
Tristan Venora
Approved Character
Profession: Mad Scientist Socialite
Renown: 934
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Disaster Relief

Faith:

Knowledge:
Endurance: Carrying on with your very last reserves
Investigation: Symbols can be important
Investigation: Investigations take time
Investigation: Ask the right questions - and remember that perception is skewed.

Loot: N/A
Injuries: N/A
Renown: N/A
Magic XP: N/A

- - -
Comments: Faith is doing so much that I'm worried that she'll break down soon!

Her statement that the world would be a better place without magic surprised me. I always thought she was okay with magic (apart from necromancy)!

Lavana, if you ever decide to unretire your PC, send me a PM, and I'll award you XP and knowledges!
word count: 107
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Scalvoris Town”