Every girl likes to shop....

13th of Cylus 718

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Vega
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Hat-Wearer
Renown: 1739
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

13th Cylus, 718
"I understand that you really like it," Vega said with a grin, her eyes swirling a variety of colours, not that he'd have a clue what they were or what they symbolised, of course."An' it's right snazzy, but I don't want a hat, Friell, thanks." The shop owner in question gave an exaggerated sigh and rolled his eyes. "There is," he announced, as though she'd told him she was going to nibble his children, "no helping some people. You break my heart." Vega grinned and simply raised an eyebrow. Old doe-eyes wasn't going to get away with anything as far as she was concerned. After all, he held exactly zero temptation for her, but still. If smiling at him got her things a little more unusual, then that was fine with her. "We're gonna be leavin' Scalvoris soon as it's safe to, an' I figured I'd pop by an' see if you've got anythin' unusual you might wanna sell your favourite redhead 'alf biqaj." He looked at her and it was Friell's turn to raise an eyebrow.

"Who told you that you are my favourite?" His voice was teasing and he was, it had to be said, smooth. Vega grinned and pointed out the truth. "You did. Las' time you were tryin' to sell me something. So, come on, you got anythin' or not?" He considered and then sighed. "My heart is broken at you leaving, but I will persevere," he said with a wicked grin. "By selling you things."

It had to be said, Friell kept a stock of a lot of odd and unusual things and Vega didn't even notice the time going past, in fairness. From the sublime to the ridiculous and, each one he had a story for. A lot of it, in Vega's opinion, was junk. But some of it, just some of it, might be useful. By the time she was ready to leave she had purchased a number of things, some for Arlo, some for her.

"When do you leave?" Friell asked and Vega shrugged. "I dunno. When we're ready to, I guess. Same as usual. Soon as it thaws, I think. We've been 'ere long enough." There was a lot to see in Scalvoris it was true and more still to see, but there was a whole world out there and they were both keen to take the Wanderlust out on the open waters, to experience that. She couldn't explain it, nor did she try to, but both of them knew it was time to go. They had to - it was who they were.

"Alright, so, I've got this cloak, an' this quill. These two outfits an' that there staff an' the gem." Vega nodded. "Let's go, then, Freckles, let's 'aggle." Friell laughed and shook his head. "I have no freckles, that my dear is you." Vega frowned, very aware that she was caught there. She did, she hated them and he had replied to her beautifully. "Yea, a'right. Shurrup. Haggle. I want them for nothin'," she said and Friell laughed.
Off Topic
Point Bank Items purchased. Deducted in PB Ledger
Scribes Kit: 18gn: Deducted from Ledger
511 words
Last edited by Vega on Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 554

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

13th Cylus, 718
Once she'd left the Spirit of Adventure, Vega made her way to a place she hadn't been before. She went there for a number of reasons ~ mostly because it was unknown to her and also because it should have what she was looking for in here. The same was true of the library, Vega knew, but that place made her tense, even just the thought of it. That place was full of people whose job seemed to be judging others and she didn't think, somehow, that this place was going to be like that. So, she walked in and was immediately greeted by a young man. "Welcome to the Scholars' Nook! You're new, I'd remember you!" He seemed young and enthusiastic and Vega smiled at him. "Hi. Yeah, it's my first time 'ere. I was 'opin' to have a look at some children's books." The human chap nodded. "Of course. I'm Flea. Co-owner of this fine establishment with my sister, Caz. Come on, I'll show you to a table and get you some books. What are you looking for, exactly? I can help, I'm sure."

Vega looked at him and considered for a moment whether she should say anything, whether she should answer at all. But in the end, she decided that she had nothing to lose and everything to gain. She should say something, she knew she should, and then the young man looked at her, expecting her to tell him what she needed help with. Wanting her to.

And Vega couldn't do it.

"Get on, Flea! First drink's on the house, always," there was no doubting that the woman who spoke was his sister, Vega thought. They looked enough alike and she smiled. "Scalvblack for the two of us, Flea. And hop to it." It was an old joke between the sibling pair, there was no doubt and Flea rolled his eyes. If he was surprised at Caz' choice of drink, it didn't show and the brown haired woman with the multi-hued eyes grinned. "Come on, I'll help you." Vega felt immediately more at home with the woman and, as they made their way to the seats where Caz led her, Vega found herself grinning in a genuine manner.

"Thanks, Flea," Caz said as the young man brought a pot of tea and two cups, along with some books. "Now, shoo." Caz said and he frowned, glanced at Vega and shrugged. Vega smiled at him, not wanting him to be upset by his sister, not realising that the young chap had been hoping to maybe spend some time with her. Caz watched the exchange, such as it was, and said nothing. Pouring the tea for them, she raised an eyebrow and asked Vega, honestly, "So, you want to learn to read?" Vega looked rather surprised and Caz simply grinned. "You'd be surprised how many people come here for that. You're not the first, won't be the last."

Vega frowned, not liking the feeling of being cornered. Sipping her tea, she considered it for a moment and then decided that she might as well be honest. "I can sign, an' use the alphabet there. I can spell words with my 'ands, an' spell them back when they're spelled to me with 'ands. But when I try an' write, I can't catch the words." Vega shrugged, fairly sure that this was the issue. "It's like they're so jumbled up that they're dancin', an I can't catch em."

Caz listened and she nodded her head. "I've seen that before. There are some tricks that can help. Will you let me help you?" Vega looked at her, sipping her tea thoughtfully and decided that yes, she would. She said that and Caz grinned, nodding her head. "Good," she said, obviously pleased with the redhead's answer. "Show me what you know."
639 words
Last edited by Vega on Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 673

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

23rd Cylus, 718
During the time that she'd been coming here, Vega had more or less come to the conclusion that this was what could only be called feel-good tea. It must be the tea, she had decided, because when she was here with Caz she was relaxed in a way which she could not usually achieve. But she'd come here, every trial for ten trials and she and Caz had worked on something specific. It was important to her that she got this done and before they left Scalvoris. Arlo had been teaching her to read, in slow steps and with patience beyond what she'd have expected, but she couldn't ask him to read this, to see it even. So, she'd come here and Caz had been more than happy to help.

The tricks he'd taught her, how to read each letter and sound them out, those had helped a lot with this. Vega couldn't honestly say that she was completely happy with it, but equally she knew that it was the best that she could do and so she had to be content with that. Turned out that Maz, one of the serving staff here, had a talent which added to it, too, and Vega was pleased, quietly, with the finished product.

"You happy with it?" Caz asked and Vega gave a grin. "I'm real grateful to you, Caz. I couldn't have done this without you an' Maz an' Flea," Caz grinned as Vega spoke about her brother and she shook her head. "I'm sorry about Flea, he's been moping around you for trials," Vega looked at Caz in surprise and shook her head. It was nice, she said, he was friendly and helpful. Caz's eyes widened slightly and she shook her head. "He must be quite a catch, your man," she said and Vega frowned slightly, wondering just what had made Caz make that jump, but she didn't say anything, simply grinned. There was no doubting the truth of what the half-human woman said, after all.

"So, where will you go?" Caz asked, sipping the tea which had helped Vega to relax during the process of making the item she had so wanted to create. Vega shrugged and grinned. "Away. Out there. In a direction an' somewhere new. I dunno." Caz and she had chatted a lot during the time they had worked together and the two women had come to the inevitable conclusion that they were nothing alike. Caz wanted to learn by reading, by studying, her insatiable curiosity was a constant driving force for her. Vega, on the other hand, needed to learn by doing, by going and her curiosity was for the next corner, the next adventure. Similar, yet different and the two women had somehow become friends.

"I wish you'd let me give you some money for your time," Vega said and Caz shook her head stubbornly. "It's been a pleasure, Vega, it really has. You've stolen my brother's heart and put yours out there for me to see. I couldn't charge you for that." Vega glanced at Flea who was standing and watching them, leaning against a post and she smiled as he waved at her. "He's adorable," she said and Caz laughed. "I hope that fella of yours thinks so if you ever bring him here," Vega really didn't understand why Caz made a deal about Flea being friendly, but that was how it was. Still, she collected up her things, including the books and maps she'd bought from Caz and then realised that there was one other thing, "Yeah, I meant to ask, can I 'ave some of that tea?" Caz chuckled and dealt with it before going back to her work once the redhead had left, tea and other items in hand.
Off Topic
10gn deducted for blank journal
50gn for non-fiction books
30gn for maps
10gn for a supply of tea
630 words
word count: 681

Tristan Venora
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Mad Scientist Socialite
Renown: 934
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Name: Vega

Knowledge:

Resistance: Scalvblack Tea

Loot: N/A
Injuries: N/A
Renown: N/A
Magic XP: N/A

- - -
Comments: I had no idea that a shopping thread could be that entertaining. Well done!

I love Vega, by the way. She amuses me!
word count: 45
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Scalvoris Town”