• Closed • Dancer Distress [Event]

Check out with the tide for OCC Sign-ups!

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderators: Pegasus, Aegis, Ghoul

Dancer Distress [Event]

Postby Rynata » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:20 pm

Rynata followed Patrick's movement with her eyes as he passed them by to go talk to a group of women not too far off. It was strange that he elected not to join them, but taking into account his brief comment, perhaps there was something important that had caught his eye. Giving Amaris a look as if to confirm that she knew the man, Rynata turned back to the matter at hand. If Amaris trusted him, then for the moment, that was good enough for her. After all, it seemed they had new things to worry about.

Lock's dramatic slide into the scene caused the Biqaj to tense up unnecessarily, ready to defend Aku'ana if need be. Yet it seemed that the two were quite familiar with each other. So much so that moments later, Aku'ana was being carried off, bridal style. Blinking a little at their interaction, Rynata trotted after them nonetheless, not ready to leave the troubled woman. However, to say that the two performers were drawing eyes was an understatement. Rynata had to weave past the giggling flock in front of the tavern to make her way inside.

Once settled at the table, she let Lock shuffle through the letters and calmly watched Amaris go about treating Aku'ana. The symbols were a pretty good indicator that the message came from someone withing the troupe. Not the only possibility, but a reasonable assumption. Yet there was so little to go on that frankly, everything was still on the table. They needed to get to the bottom of this soon, because as Amaris pointed out, the dancer looked like she was fraying at the edges. Too much longer of this and the stress might start doing more concrete damage to her health.

Accepting the papers back from Lock, Rynata flipped through them more carefully, frowning in concentration. "Ms. Aku'ana, who is this Rose? Someone within the troupe? Also, it might help if you could tell us when exactly you started receiving these. The method in which they were delivered, as well, yes? Depending on your answers, we can narrow down who we have to worry about." Gears turning in her head, Rynata still took a breath to phrase things as delicately as possible. "And it almost sounds," she said raising the collection of letters, "as though you are being blackmailed. There's some sensitive information mentioned in here. The kind of intelligence someone would flaunt if they wanted to scare another into doing what they were told. Have you never received any demands or conditions from the sender? You said earlier that you could think of a lot of reasons as to why someone would do this, but if it's not just cruelty, what would anyone have to gain from threatening you?"

Off Topic
I got 12 as well!
Rynata
Reverse Pirate

Race: Biqaj
Profession: Ferryman
Renown: +130
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Review Master (1)

Dancer Distress [Event]

Postby Patrick » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:26 am

Patrick's stroll away from them was at best leisurely as he enjoyed the mug he swiped, the last of their comments reflective on his mind as he paced his steps along casually. He couldn't help but grin at the minor, yet wealth, of information they provided just then; a little bit of something at this rate was better than nothing. And yet while he would've easily turned tail back over to question them further, the aspect of dumping this investigation entirely for fun was too tempting to entertain. Thus he stayed his course and took what little bit he had, bearing in mind what he just heard while another seemed drawn back to the group. It was the performer he had laid eyes on earlier, the man which he thought to investigate when he started to leave the girls behind.

As much fraternizing as he would've enjoyed right now, what little he did now started to concern him.

"Yeah.. what was that anyways. Lad? Lass?"
"Whoever it was... couldn' see teh face fer nothin'. Doh tey seemed to want sometin'."

Those two sentences played over and over in his head again, enough to where Ri seemed to hover over the group; likely watching as Patrick slowly approached them directly. "Patrick?" Her words echoed deep within as he mulled over what he heard. Someone was watching this girl, someone masked possibly, a member that was a part of this troupe more than likely.

"Clue me in Ri, what's the deal with this new asshole?" He quietly communicated to her with a look away from them, the mug tilted so he could guzzle the contents down.

"Um... I'm not sure. His name's 'Lock' apparently and he's a eccentric if you ask me, called the girl 'Aku-doll' so that has to mean something?"

"And?"

"Well if your that bloody curious why don't you come over here?!" She demanded with a bounce in the air, an orbit made around Amaris before she fluttered lower in the midst of the group. Patrick sighed and with a look down at his emptied mug, he threw it to the side with little consideration towards it's direction. Ri'ku had a point even if Patrick didn't want to get directly involved... Lock sounded like the kind of guy too overly infatuated with this Aku'ana, already the Rharnian speculated something with him even if he didn't don any type of mask.

And once he watched the man sort through those letters... that assumption became less plausible, since he seemed caught off guard with the nature of these letters. Still even though he seemed less likely of one, Patrick labelled this Lock man as possible suspect. Whether that would change would remain to be seen, now that the Rharnian stood near the group to consider what he knew. He spared a glance to Amaris and didn't seem so surprised, seeing how she was here and more focused on this girl's well being. This other girl though he wasn't quite sure about, in terms of purpose with being here at least. He'd seen Ryn a time or two before but never had they fully interacted with one another, so it would seem this time things would be different in that regard.

Rose? The end? Clearly whoever wrote these letters were not only obsessed, but were caught up in an aspect of a game with her. They enjoyed the power they possessed over Aku, which already disgusted the Rharnian now that he had wrapped head over it. "Pat?" Ri'ku definitely noticed this change in his demeanor, as he was now more engaged with this investigation than ever before. What mask though... What damn mask?!

"Who in your troupe wears masks?" He checked curiously with eyes narrowed on Lock.

Off Topic
Rolled 17 out of 20
Seasonal Plans - Workshop - Rambles - Vlogs

"If I had one more day to wish, if I had one more day; to be better than I could have ever been."

OOC Note: As of Ashan 717 Patrick has been cursed with Sesser, therefore once a season he's at risk of turning into a Sessfiend. Should the occassion actually come to occur, PC's are warned to consider the extreme risk of injury and even their life; before proceeding to participate in the event. Looking forward to the potential plots and threads to come!
Patrick
"Teetering On Edges"

Race: Human
Profession: Trouble
Renown: +175
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Medals: 21
Helper (1) Peer Reviewer (1) Artíst (1) Painting With Words (1)
One Arc Later... (1) Living Legend (1) Pioneer (1) Bow Chicka Wow Wow (1)
Right In The Feels (1) First Kiss (1) Heartbreak (1) Drunkard (1)
Murderer (1) Addict (1) History Repeated (1) Legend In Waiting (1)
Survivor (1) Lol Worthy (1) Vhalar 716 (1) Idalos Awards 2016 (1)
Event Medal (1)

Dancer Distress [Event]

Postby Sinnammyn » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:54 pm

~78th of Ymiden 718~

Aku'ana was obediently allowing Amaris to look at her bruise and her over her. Wincing as she probed around the bruise. As Amaris checked around the area, it didn't seem like anything major was damaged. she was just bruising bad outwardly. Though her ribs might also be bruised. So it would best if she didn't push herself to move any more than she really had to. Which meant that practice and performing would probably be out of the question for a good few trials. Though, what Aku'ana said next would probably lead Amaris to think that it wouldn't be easy to convince her to stop her practice.

"Sleep? Oh.. no.. definitely not really been sleeping much. Maybe.. an hour a night? I've been to afraid that I'd go to sleep never to wake up again! I... I have been practicing more and more to keep myself busy. Dance, and work.. are my escape for everything.. and I was trying to ignore the letters as some sort of prank... for.. about ... uhm... oh Immortals help me.. I think it's been.. since 20 trial's ago? Well.. that was when they started to get worse? The.. The letter's I mean. I.. I'm sorry... I.."

Aku'ana turned her head away, tears starting to fall. She was really shaking and her breathing was starting to pick up in pace. She actually grabbed for Amaris's hand and squeezed it when she caught it. She was stressed out, mentally and physically, and it was no wonder based on what they'd just been told. She looked like she was going to have a total and complete mental break down. The bartender brought all that was requested, water, ice and anything else they needed. He told them to get him if they needed anything else and then went back to working.

"I... Aku d... Aku'ana has been working so hard, we just thought it was due to the upcoming tryouts for the lead part in our next show. She got the part. Aku, could one of the girls be..?"

Lock blinked and looked to Rynata as she asked her questions about who were Rose and what specific information were in the letters. He couldn't really answer the second question, but as at the moment, Aku was still kind of in the middle of her break down, he decided that he could at least be courteous and answer the first question.

"She's the troupe lead... it's the whole reason for our troupe's name? Blue Rose Troupe? She's the owner, runs everything, trains the dancer's, plans the show's and event's, handle's our travel. You know... basically a manager through and through."

Lock waved his hand like it was just common knowledge that he was tossing out of the table before them. He seemed to want to get close to Aku'ana but he seemed to refrain from such actions. He knew that it was a bad idea to do so, not right now, and the look on his face said as much. He almost looked like a puppy without his toy. A big, bulky puppy.

Aku'ana eventually started to calm down after taking a few good and long deep breaths. Slowly, she let go of Amaris's hand and looked up at Rynata seeming to be ready to answer whatever else had been asked of her.

"I... always found them somewhere in my tent or rooms. The letters... and well.. I started getting them... around 60 to 90 trials ago? At first, they seemed innocent and sweet. Like real love letters you know... I didn't feel scared.. and I was really curious to know who the secret admirer was but.. as things escalated well... now we're here.... it was about ... uhm... 15 or so trials after a major break up. So at first, they'd been really up lifting because.. you know... splits are hard on everyone. I thought this person had seen or well.. heard the split.. as it wasn't exactly a quiet one..and maybe they wanted to try and console me. But... recently.. they seem to be getting urgent... like.. they want me? They're blackmailing me... for me? Saying I was unsuitable for marriage... that he or she would send word about my love life around... ruin my reputation as a dancer so that they could be the only one to take care of me? It seemed like... if I didn't figure out who it was, the Flora Festival... might mark my last day on Idalos.."

Suddenly Lock slammed a fist into the table. He looked angry, huffing and puffing, and he had stood up as well. Tears were actually welling up in his eyes. He seemed to be scared and upset for her. He seemed to just want to protect her.

"So.. this person.. whoever they are... is playing a GAME? No!.. Rose HAS to know Aku-doll, we can't just let murder threads and blackmail stand like this!"

"No! We can't! I... can't! If they find out.... more than me... might get hurt... it's all in the letter's... they threatened that if anyone in the troupe found out and tried to get involved... there would be consequences for my and their actions. Which means... O... Oh no.. Lock!"

Aku'ana put a hand on his arm, worry filling her face, Lock just smiled down at her, shaking his head, bending down and kissing her forehead.

"I'll be fine, don't you worry my dear."

Their sweet and tender moment was interrupted by a question from Patrick that made them both turn and look at him like he was a horse with 5 heads. It actually took a few trills before Aku'ana seemed to slip out of the stupor. She blinked a couple times and just laughed for a bit.

"Masks? Haha, no one, what are you talking about? We don't use masks ever. Though... there are cloaks and capes which all have our initials on them and are washed every 2 trial in colder season and every 6 trial in warmer season seeing as we don't need them as much in the heat. Wait a damn trill!? What does that even have to do with anything? Haven't you been listening? People could DIE if I don't figure this out... I could die! I... "

More tears started to fall from her cheeks and Lock just looked at Patrick, shaking his head, and pulling her in close, brushing his hand through her hair once more. Not really caring anymore about the fact that he might be a suspect.

Off Topic
OKAY GUYS! Here's your event post of this round! Based on your rolls, you have been given HINTS. You must figure out what these hint's are and what to do with these hints. You are all privy to anything that has been said! Talk between yourself if you wish about what you think you guys should do next!

You have until 10am EST on the 18th to post your next posts!

Doran Cooney was the one that made this box code for me. Thank you Doran I absolutely adore it!

Sinnammyn
Approved Character

Race: Tunawa
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Medals: 1
Right In The Feels (1)

Dancer Distress [Event]

Postby Rynata » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:14 am

Rynata leaned over the table, closer to the crying woman and did her best to console her. From how much Aku’ana was crying, and adding up her time under the sun as well as her admission of sleep deprivation, regardless of what the stalker had in mind for her, she likely had a headache in her future, if not already. Pushing a glass of water toward her, Rynata smiled encouragingly.

“It’s alright. We’re just trying to understand the situation is all. At least you’re not in this alone anymore,” she said. Even so, she sent a curious look toward Patrick who had finally joined them. Masks?

Judging from what Aku’ana was able to tell her, it seemed more and more likely that the sender was someone incredibly close to the troupe. Possibly a member themselves. The letters being left specifically in Aku’ana’s lodgings meant that they were consistently able to gain access to that information. The extended time period was concerning as well as telling. 60 trials...probably long before the performers arrived in town. It could be that the stalker had simply followed the troupe in their travels, but Rynata hoped that it wasn’t so. Somehow, that just made it creepier.

“But why the day of the Floral Festival?” the sailor wondered out loud. “The 80th, yes? Is this a hunch of yours, Ms. Aku’ana or something mentioned in the letters? Perhaps there’s some event that day?”

If it was certain that the 80th was the day of judgement, they still had time before then. She would have told Aku’ana to relax a little, but realized that this wouldn’t be the most tactful thing to say. It could be translated as, you have two days left to live. Not the most comforting thing to hear for the person in question.

While she waited for the poor dancer to recover some composure, Rynata reread the sickly letters. It hit her then that a detail had slipped past her. The letter claimed of Aku’ana’s involvement with the manager and Lock had just informed her that the Blue Rose Troupe was managed by Rose. It wasn’t too far of a stretch to imagine that the split Aku’ana mentioned had been with her, even though from the sound of it, there could have been multiple jilted lovers.

“Was this break-up with Rose, by any chance?” Rynata asked the other woman quietly.

It was questionable whether or not the troupe, and especially Rose, should be made aware of the threats. On one hand it would prevent Aku’ana from becoming isolated. This was probably what the stalker had in mind and something that Rynata wanted to avoid. On the other hand, there was a chance that spreading word about it would aggravate the situation. She didn’t know how an obsessed mind worked.
Rynata
Reverse Pirate

Race: Biqaj
Profession: Ferryman
Renown: +130
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Review Master (1)

Previous

Return to Scalvoris Town