• PM To Join • A Curse That Haunts

(Faith) Patrick realizes he's got a problem developing.

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderators: Aegis, Pegasus

• PM To Join • A Curse That Haunts

Postby Patrick » Tue May 08, 2018 12:22 pm

Ashan 54 718, Evening

His mind had been racing ever since it almost happened. Not long after sundown earlier he was doing his usual, fraternizing with the locals as it was all part of his job. Yet the last lady he mingled with earlier had to be cut short of their time together, hell he didn't even have a chance to tear any clothes off. Probably because there was an issue at large he never realized, a tiny little misstep could've ended as disastrous as it nearly did in Rharne. He had never forgiven himself for that mistake, and had done everything he could to manage it ever since.

Once he came in possession of Ymiden's ring however the danger seemed less prevalent compared to before, he could easily suppress the urges that were associated with his curse before. Now it seemed... that they were slowly returning to him. It was no surprise as to why now that he thought about it, the ring could only 'cage' the beast within for so long after all. And after what had happened in Southguard somewhere near Etzos, the ring had never been in the same condition since then.

Though light a crack resided over some of the ancient language that glowed faintly, the orange highlight of Ymiden's words slightly darker than their usual colors. This could only mean the beast was getting closer to building overwhelming rage, and granted Ellen'wyn and those in Southguard stopped him mid-transformation... he could only guess that a large amount of the rage had been closed within. He should've paid more attention to it before, to the fact his turn warranted greater caution. Not with those within or around Etzos but with himself also, because if he damaged the ring beyond repair... then how the hell was he to manage containment?

What happened earlier was too close of a call for him, and now that he was more aware he needed to alert another. Likely a bad idea but considering she proved trustworthy enough, Pat moved on his way to Cally's as it appeared they were closing up in a little while. Hopefully. There were still people inside eating when he entered, and while the food smelt delicious it hardly appealed to his current craving. So rather than sit at the table and wait he moved to the area where the kitchen was, and called out the name "Faith?" in question as he popped his head in there. It must've startled the poor Biqaj Trudy as she looked to Patrick quickly, while the chef seemed to curse and hiss something out of the blue from his intrusion.

It didn't take long for him to realize that... what he heard was the result of an accidental cut to the finger, due to the surprise of someone barging in unannounced. There were swears to be sure but Patrick's mind had already blocked them out, as he could already see the very thing his appetite craved. Blood. Immediately his mouth watered as all thoughts were reduced to one as he zoned out, his eyes fixated on the injury as he gripped the doorway tightly to prevent himself from stepping further in. "Don't do it... Don't fucking do it." He urged himself as he felt his own muscles strain to resist, the wood in the door slightly creaked as he fought against the subconscious urges that pulled him forward.

He could feel his heart loudly pound in his chest as his pulse drummed through his entire skull, while his sense of perception seemed vividly drowned out by the one thing that distracted him most.
Seasonal Plans - Workshop - Rambles - Vlogs

"If I had one more day to wish, if I had one more day; to be better than I could have ever been."

OOC Note: As of Ashan 717 Patrick has been cursed with Sesser, therefore once a season he's at risk of turning into a Sessfiend. Should the occassion actually come to occur, PC's are warned to consider the extreme risk of injury and even their life; before proceeding to participate in the event. Looking forward to the potential plots and threads to come!
Patrick
"Teetering On Edges"

Race: Human
Profession: Trouble
Renown: +120
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Medals: 21
Helper (1) Peer Reviewer (1) Artíst (1) Painting With Words (1)
One Arc Later... (1) Living Legend (1) Pioneer (1) Bow Chicka Wow Wow (1)
Right In The Feels (1) First Kiss (1) Heartbreak (1) Drunkard (1)
Murderer (1) Addict (1) History Repeated (1) Legend In Waiting (1)
Survivor (1) Lol Worthy (1) Vhalar 716 (1) Idalos Awards 2016 (1)
Event Medal (1)

A Curse That Haunts

Postby Faith » Sun May 13, 2018 6:10 pm

It was rare that Faith worked late in Cally's any more. Padraig and she had discussed it and, between the work at the Order of the Adunih, the University and, of course, the Faction and the charity work that she did, she ran the risk of exhausting herself. She knew that and yet, Cally's was what brought in the money for the faction. For the orphanage and the soup kitchen, for the faction. All of it relied on this place running and bringing in money. It had to do that in order for everything and so, when Joqet got sick, Faith went in.

So, as luck (or not) would have it, she was there when Patrick came in. Lifting her head as she heard him call her name, Faith frowned and stepped forward. But before she could see who was at the door calling her, Faith saw one of the trainees slip and cut herself quite badly on the finger. "It's alright, here we go," damnit but the girl was new and Faith should have been keeping a better eye. They were short staffed though and she'd dropped her attention for a trill. Taking hold of the girl's hand, she glanced at who was at the door and she saw Patrick.

But, quite obviously, something was wrong and as she saw, and heard, his hand tightening on the door and she looked at him and saw what he was looking at, where he was fixated. Thanks to her Bellinos blessing, Faith never forgot anything anyhow, but she was unlikely to forget that he'd told her he'd been cursed by Syroa. Damnit but this was the last thing. What was he thinking coming here? Here where there were people? Innocent people.

Taking the hand of the trainee, Faith bowed her head and mist like tendrils moved out from the willow-tree tattoo on her chest and wrapped the injured finger in light. It closed up and Faith smiled slightly. "No harm done. You alright?"

Washing the blood off her hands she motioned for Patrick. "Let's go outside." It was rare that Faith left the kitchen was she was working, but she knew that she had to get him out of here. "Alright, so you're .... I can calm you down. Will you let me help you?" Or, thought Faith, am I going to have to knock you unconscious and scream blue bloody murder? She didn't say that, thinking that perhaps, just perhaps, it might mean he didn't calm down as easily.
"To be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others."
Ashan 718: Relief Effort!
Cally's Restaurant & Charity | Isonomia Faction|Luna's Dream (Orphanage)
Beacon Village~Scalvoris Soup Kitchen
Faith
Life, Death & The In-Between

Profession: Chef / Professor
Renown: +1000
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Medals: 52
Character of the Month (1) Contributor of the Month (1) Story of the Month (1) World Developer (1)
Guild Master (1) Shop Keeper (1) Mentor (1) Ambassador (1)
Supporter (1) Beta Bot (1) Review Master (1) One Arc Later... (1)
Living Legend (1) Ascension (1) Hallowed (1) Pioneer (4)
Hoarder (1) ...ow. (1) First Love (1) Bow Chicka Wow Wow (1)
Right In The Feels (2) True Love (1) Married (1) Changed (1)
Starting A Family (1) Shopaholic (1) Scandalous (1) Immortal Lover (1)
Dreamer (1) Party Animal (1) Pen Pal (1) Mailman (1)

A Curse That Haunts

Postby Patrick » Mon May 14, 2018 2:28 am

It would soon be a greater relief knowing Faith was there after all when he had entered, albeit his timing probably far more improper than ever considering the woman worked also. He had never really outright seen Faith so busy in a room before, mostly because he didn't dare bother her any more than he had to naturally. And with good reason. She'd seen a lot more of his bad than his good recently, therefore coming here tonight certainly wasn't a plan he intended to carry out. Something however insisted he head to her and part of him suspected that it had been his brother Dominek, although that couldn't really be a certainty since the dead brother had little ways of impacting the physical world.

At the sight of that blood however... madness nearly took over. Before when these episodes occurred it was somewhere relevant to that of a sobered drug-abuser, in need of that next high as it physically and mentally took a heavy toll on their body. This time around however it was far greater... far more heavier with the internal need and desire. Almost immediately he could detect that noticeable smell of iron, and thus his grip grew tighter on the door frame. "Hang in there little brother!" Dominek had encouraged as he appeared right next to Patrick, although only visible to Faith due to her supernatural gift with the lingering dead.

The girl in question had become a strong fixation of his temptation, almost part of him felt ready to lunge out and snatch the limb with the injury. Luckily after enough time spent in restraint Faith, yet again, saved the Trial with another one of her magical superpowers. Just how gifted was this woman?! The tendrils of light that regenerated the wound in a flash surprised him sure enough, and when all signs of blood were cleaned away he relaxed just a little. At the suggestion to head outside Patrick said nothing, just nodded as he agreed that would be best. The less people he were around... the better he could count them safe considering...

Once they were outside the question of allowing her to help he nodded, although the implication left open to interpret amused him still. Could Pat be helped right now? Honestly he didn't know. He wasn't going to turn due to the ring's power, but that didn't rule out the fact he could still feel the curse's influence now. "I need you... I wouldn't have come otherwise..." He admitted as he moved several feet away from her, his head and arms pressed into the wall of Cally's in a sudden urge of agitation.

"Part of Patrick's curse has involved these... unnatural urges to crave blood and..." Dominek's voice trailed off as he didn't outright want to explain the whole ordeal, plus Faith was clearly perceptive enough to paint the rest of the picture or so he thought. "Usually the ring he's wearing there helps block that part of him, as well as contain the rage of the beast that's in him so long as it's on."

"But it's cracked!.." Patrick groaned as he quietly hissed at another impulse, this time driven towards the one person that was out there with him. He wouldn't give in though. Not like last time! He swore he would never again allow himself to hurt another, no matter how fierce the next craving would become. By now however it ailed him to the point where regular food hardly felt satisfactory, and his body ached as though it required something of that nature to satisfy. He twisted around slowly and pressed his back into the wall, a slow descent to the ground followed as he sat with hands pressed between his knees. "Ever since Southguard happened..." Seven asses he didn't want to try and remember that incident again!

He wanted to put all that behind him, leave it in the past where it belonged. But truthfully he doubted he could, everywhere he seemed to go the curse haunted him still. Dominek moved from Faith's side to kneel down next to his brother, a hand gripped at his shoulder in heavy concern for his little brother. "He's strong but not as strong as he projects, he needs something to at least sate the craving. Otherwise he might get worse... He's gone without it or even turning since last Cylus, and now that the ring's been damaged he's struggling to cope..." Hence Dominek's point finally became revealed to Faith, the reason why he refused to leave his brother was because of moments like this.

Moments where Patrick had almost next to no one to go to, and usually any one he did wound up hurt or distanced later.

"If I had one more day to wish, if I had one more day; to be better than I could have ever been."

OOC Note: As of Ashan 717 Patrick has been cursed with Sesser, therefore once a season he's at risk of turning into a Sessfiend. Should the occassion actually come to occur, PC's are warned to consider the extreme risk of injury and even their life; before proceeding to participate in the event. Looking forward to the potential plots and threads to come!
Patrick
"Teetering On Edges"

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Event Medal (1)

A Curse That Haunts

Postby Faith » Thu May 17, 2018 6:00 pm

"I understand, you don't need to worry about that right now. Concentrate on your breathing and keeping yourself calm," Faith said, her voice soft and calm as they stood outside. She glanced at Dominek and she sighed slightly. "Patrick, I need you to listen to me," need was absolutely the right word there and she explained why that was to him. "I can help you calm, but I have to concentrate. If my concentration is broken, it can hurt me." She looked at him with earnest silver eyes there in the darkness of the garden. She didn't doubt for a moment that Patrick did not want to harm anyone, and it was important that she made the consequences clear to him.

"So, I'd like you to sit down, and I need to stand behind you. I have to touch your temples and I'm short." There was no doubting the truth of that, she was a tiny person. "And we're going to breath together, you and I, alright?" If he'd allow her, she'd lead him or gesture for him to sit and then she'd go and stand behind him. It was true, every word she said and she needed them both to understand that.

"Alright, breathe with me, then. In... two, three, four. That's good." Faith got him breathing in a calm and rhythmically and then she calmed herself and used her Sevrath granted ability, "calming minds". With a prayer of thanks to Moseke, Faith concentrated as she worked. Her fingers gently massaged his temples and as she did, though he could not see it, tendrils of green-yellow mist rose from her chest, where the tattoo of a willow tree now glowed.

But, if Patrick concentrated, then it should calm him down and Faith hummed a quiet, soothing tune as she worked. "How are you feeling?" Faith asked and she sounded genuinely concerned. Blood was sacred to Famula, it was one of Her Domains and Faith would not be giving any to anyone in order to sate their craving, brought about by Syroa. That wasn't happening. She'd get him some blood pudding or good rare steak but mortal blood?

Not happening. "Keep up the breathing. Dominek is going to tell me as much as he can. Every detail of this curse. Lets see what we can do, shall we?"

Though what that might be, Faith had no idea. But she had a lot of faith in Famula, Moseke and Vri and she trusted that they would show her the way.
"To be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others."
Faith

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Character of the Month (1) Contributor of the Month (1) Story of the Month (1) World Developer (1)

A Curse That Haunts

Postby Patrick » Fri May 18, 2018 4:46 am

"I'm sorry..." Patrick muttered in his breath lowly just to where only he could hear, it had been only once the word would seem to slip out. Yet it repeated within the confines of his mind, over and over again as every horrible memory associated with this curse flashed in sequence. He had felt such guilt over everything he'd done, even if he wasn't outright aware or in control of what led him to doing it all. Faith genuinely seemed concerned and more than willing to help him out, no matter how much he didn't want to have to ask her to in the end. That sort of selflessness from someone such as her...

Honestly it was rare for Patrick to discover that in others, usually he never wanted to hinder them because he felt less than worthy. Less than necessary when it came to the help they were willing to give him. As he listened and did his best to concentrate on the breathing, he nodded to show that he understood her words well enough. It was the least he could do granted he was the problem in this instance, and right now the only real solution available was to entrust Faith to pull through somehow. Sure enough she already had some kind of answer, one that involved the both of them breathing together in unison it would seem. Breathing exercises. He remembered last time she were involved in that, and the sudden raw pinch that accompanied it afterwards.

He knew better than to expect another instance of pain from her, since this was no such visit as it were the first time. No. This was something she risked even her own well being with, and in hearing that he immediately refrained from moving up from his spot. He didn't want that. He didn't want her to risk hurting herself, but at the same time the hunger deep in his being called for something. Patrick couldn't honestly expect to continue this losing battle by himself, and while he remained incapable of hearing his brother somehow he knew what Dom would say. "Please lil' brother, please just do it for once." Those were words that echoed deep within the reaches of his head, as they carried far deeper into his past in comparison to this dreaded curse. How often did he hear Dominek ask him to do something, or insist to with those exact words fed to him no less?

Somehow... sentiment led him to give in and while he certainly felt like a complete mess of regret, Patrick reluctantly moved to sit on his knees so he could scoot away from the wall. Albeit 'scoot' was almost a meager crawl as he felt his body temper rise some, and for a moment he dreaded that the curse would take him over once again... like so many times before. An entire arc spent enduring horrible transformations, an entire arc of being alone at every turn. And why? Because those that helped were those that were either hurt or worse... Those at the Lightning Cathedral for example... Ellen'wyn... Even Alistair was willing to risk everything. And now Patrick was here yet again feeling so pathetic for himself, and this time the poor soul left in charge of his well being was Faith instead.

"I'm sorry..." He reiterated once more but this time slightly louder, in the event the words were missed the first time around. He didn't say anymore but with a nod he showed he understood her yet again, his breathing shortly ragged as he tried to contain his stressed emotion. Ever since... Ever since She showed up again, he quickly realized that nothing about himself seemed right anymore. It had been a couple trials ago when a friendly drinking game went all wrong, all because that damned bitch had to show her manipulative face again after dodging her for seasons. Patrick hated Her so much now, he hated Syroa for doing this to him even if it wasn't Her plan. Right now he didn't care what Her plans were, he just wanted to be rid of this insatiable hunger and the monster associated with it.

And then it hit him.

His eyes were closed to help regulate his breathing some but he could feel it. All that anger and resentment, mixed within him to fuel that constant hunger. It all slowly started to just dissipate into nothing more than immaculate thought, as though the looming rain cloud overhead dispersed after it's deluge. What felt like a constant disarray of thoughts which barraged his mentality became more calm, less frantic and wild as the nature of the beast that stirred within him. He almost felt completely himself aside from the fact he still wasn't, just more in control over his impulses compared to before; now that his senses weren't overloaded with the hunger that drove them wild. Yet that craving still lingered... Not as strong as before but still there, subtly buried beneath a renewed sense of clarity as he exhaled one last sigh.

How'd he feel? "I..." He shook his head in disapproval over the whole situation. "I definitely feel more in control. Can't tell you how much I appreciate your help..." It was truthful as he couldn't wish to burden her any further, since he felt she'd already been roped into helping enough as is. He nodded once more at her instruction of breathing, a little relieved to hear that Dominek was still there to help him even at his worst. The older brother had knelt in front of Patrick and somehow, gave a bittersweet smile in seeing his little brother a little more co-operative compared to before.

"You got it Faith, I'm here for you too lil' brother." He reassured the Rharnian with a hand on Pat's shoulder, as he rose to a stand with eyes down on Faith. "Syroa's curse has created some kind of monster out of Patrick, or at least forced him to turn into some kind of twisted malevolent form of his nature. Once a season he's been forced to turn into an unnatural beast at sundown, and at the cost of personal attachment as well it seems. Upon receiving Her curse... he's had to deal with the constant need for flesh and blood, and for a while he found a way to manage since he was a... Uh, 'entertainer' if you recall." At that Dominek seemed slightly uncomfortable, mostly because of where this conversation was about to head.

"The Sessfiend as they're called tend to hunt down those that are considerably close to the cursed, therefore Pat's forced himself to remain isolated to avoid personal attachment for as long as possible. Until Ymiden gave him that." The older brother pointed to the ring on Pat's finger, as the cracked object shimmered a deep if not faint red-orange glow around it's ancient text. "Patrick was one of the few individuals to be Ymiden's champion for some 'artifact game' that went on in Vhalar, I don't know what happened but apparently he lost somehow and was lucky to make it back at all. By that point Ymiden gave him the ring and said there was little else he could do at that point, and from that point on Pat seemed better in control over his curse for the while..."

Until Southguard... It was likely Faith needed to know about that also, which ultimately led Dominek to sigh as he gave her the details of that event. "Patrick had an accident that involved him visiting a place called Southguard, located within Etzos territory if you've never heard of it. One of the medics speculated the ring magic after they helped treat him, so when they removed it and gave it to someone he was there with for safe keeping... he turned and wound up trying to hunt her down. She barely survived the event as the remaining soldiers of that town came up with a solution, and caused the beast to revert mid-transformation by embedding the ring in it's flesh. Ever since then the ring has been cracked, all because the Sessfiend's rage is that powerful."

At that point Dominek looked away as he tried to play it tough, pretend that he wasn't on the verge of tears himself as he vented his frustration. "Thus far he's come nowhere close to lifting the curse, and the longer that ring stays on the more at risk he and everyone around him is. It can only cage the fiend's rage for so long before it finally breaks, and on top of that it's crack has allowed two very real problems. The influence of the curse which is that hunger Patrick is experiencing... and the trace Syroa has on all her Sessfiends it would seem. Just the other night she showed up again, crashed a little drinking game Pat was about to have with a couple of strangers."

"Not to... interrupt if he's still goin..." Patrick murmured as he wiped some of the sweat from his brow. "I just... really need something to eat now. Something meaty and close to raw preferably..." He loathed to admit or even give into it but something substantially close to what he craved would do right about now, as gross as it probably would've been it was practically his only option at the moment. Even though Pat couldn't see it Dominek turned with eyes down on his little brother, an intense look in his eyes as though he seemed rather alarmed by the request.

Patrick
"Teetering On Edges"

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Event Medal (1)

A Curse That Haunts

Postby Faith » Sun May 20, 2018 9:30 am

"You don't need to apologise to me, it's fine." Faith said calmly and quietly. He tried to keep up with the breathing and that was good, she focused on that with him and watched him carefully. It was vital that she wasn't interrupted or anything during this task and that meant that he needed to be stable enough, in control enough that she could start. He did, in fairness, seem to be. So, she was able to begin, to start what would be a long and slow process she imagined. What had he done to earn Syroa's wrath, Faith wondered? She had stood and fought against Syroa and Lisirra, and yet they had not seen the need to curse her. Whatever he had done, he must have struck a real blow to her, Faith was sure. In truth, whatever the reason it would make no difference to Faith. He was a mortal in need of help and she could not do anything other than offer it, where she was able.

It was something which Padraig both loved deeply and which drove him to distraction, she knew. Focusing on her husband helped her to keep calm, maintain her sense of balance and equilibrium, as always. Padraig would smile and kiss her forehead and there, written in his amber eyes would be clear questions which he would never ask. Questions about reciprocity, about people making demands and needing help, coming to her because she would help, could help. Because she did what she did. As the man who loved her, he worried about her and what he saw as people taking advantage. She did not see it that way, but she understood why he did and she knew that his love gave her the strength to be able to do what she did. Including this, this focus.

And focus she did. In the moment, it was all she saw, all she experienced and she knew in a particular moment that it had worked.

"Praise and thanks to Moseke for Her gifts, Her wisdom and Her mercy," Faith said softly when Patrick said he was feeling better. She moved to in front of him and knelt next to him. Faith didn't bat an eyelid at kneeling on the ground, she didn't even consider it in truth, simply did it. Kneeling in front of him, she took hold of Patrick's hand and looked at him with a smile. "There is not a need to keep thanking me. It is my pleasure and my duty to help you." So it was, in truth, as she saw it. She kept hold of his hand, her own hand was cool and comforting as she listened to Dominek. "I've come across Sessfiends before," she said, quietly. No more than that, there was no need for it, but it was enough that they both understood that she knew what they were talking about. "Thanks be to Ymiden for that ring, then," she said, and sent a prayer of gratitude to the Immortal of Dawn. Rebirth and forgiveness were both very central to her and Faith smiled in pleasure. "You have met him? I have always admired him, since I learned of him."

Patrick then interjected to Dominek's explanation with a need for food. Faith smiled and nodded. "I'll get you some raw beef. Then, I suggest you go home and get some sleep, then tomorrow morning, we go to the Temple. Maybe, since it was Ymiden who helped you, we go for dawn?" Faith looked at him and smiled and would then do exactly as she said; get him something to eat and then, get herself home.
Faith

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters

A Curse That Haunts

Postby Patrick » Mon May 21, 2018 2:13 am

'It's fine' she would say to him. She could say that all she wanted but even then, the truth was it wasn't fine by Patrick's own standards. He literally was nothing more than a burdening hindrance on her behalf. Just earlier she was busy cooking and now she was out here, subverting the dangerous impulses that plagued his mind. Yet while he found clarity enough to control the impulses, at the same time he was innately unaware of something. Something Dominek had clearly caught onto first hand. The ghost couldn't help but kneel to look sharply into Patrick's eyes, to be see if the sure tell sign he was Patrick lingered there. Somehow it did.

There was no flourish of the eyes like there would be before, no sign that the monster in him managed to surface. Maybe the ring played a part in that as well, and the older brother couldn't determine whether or not it really was his brother speaking next. He didn't like it because what he heard certainly wasn't his brother, and yet somehow he seemed to act like Patrick for the most part. Except...

"Praise Her..." The Rharnian quietly reiterated almost cynically, the corner of his lip turned upward into a smirk as he remained on his knees. Somehow he looked far too amused for Immortal talk. The older brother stood and loomed over the younger one protectively, even when his presence proved mundane in the physical aspect of the world. He couldn't do anything since he was only a ghost, but Faith could surely tell he had a different stance about Patrick now. The younger brother was far too... calm. Far too happy now to just be normal, and far too accepting of this religious talk Faith partook in.

"Yeah... Praise to Him... and the ring." Patrick muttered casually as he looked from Faith down at the ring, while the ancient text still glimmered the same hues as before. Almost subconsciously the Rharnian started to fiddle with it, twisting it around his finger as the band slid with across skin with a firm grip. Was he... thinking about removing it?

He did nothing otherwise, not until Faith had got up to leave them alone. It was then Dominek could see it. That look in Patrick's eyes...

"Faith!" Dominek called back out over his shoulder as the fingers Pat had on his ring stopped the spinning. However they remained there almost cryptically so, while the Rharnian narrowed his eyes on it in a peculiar fashion. "Faith!!" Dominek hollered much louder this time as he tried to grapple at Patrick, his hands however only phased through the wrists of the younger brother. Not good. Patrick's lips were in a much more devious smirk as he slowly started to slip the ring down his finger, the band between his knuckle and middle joint of the digit now. "Shit!!" He swore loudly as he tried to grip Patrick by the shoulders. "Patrick listen to me! Listen!! Don't do this!! Don't let it get to you!! Patrick!!"

The words were on deaf ears.

By now Patrick's ring was already past the middle joint and close to the outer one near the finger tip, a low and menacing chuckle quietly bounced in his throat as he watched it come closer to the point of removal. Sure enough the situation became quite clear as in that moment the Lightning Knight finally saw, the faint flourish of a silver predatory eyes before they once more turned back to the regular orbs that resembled Patrick. The Fiend within him was still actively influencing his mind, trying to get him to remove the obstacle that caged the beast within Pat. And just like so many times before Dominek could only helplessly watch, hopeful Faith would hear his voice and earnestly reach them...

The ring reached the very tip of his finger finally and while he couldn't see the man, Patrick looked sharply at where Dominek would be with a most foul grin. It was as if he were looking into Dominek's very eyes, the beast within him taunting the knight just as the ring slipped off. Finally with it dropped on the ground, the same silver eyes took over in vivid fluorescence with the moon. Dominek watched with dread at the sudden change, a loud "Nooooo!!! screamed from the top of his lungs as he desperately reached for the object.

Immediately after the ring hit the ground, an intense pressure surged from Patrick as the air felt increasingly heavier around Cally's. It would radiate from his core as his breathing grew heavier, his hands slowly pressed into the dirt beneath him as more and more pressure radiated into the air.

Patrick
"Teetering On Edges"

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Event Medal (1)

Return to Scalvoris Town