{Bayward} An Eye for Details [Mature]

This area is unmoderated. Please click on "Forum Rules" at the top of this page or go to the "Unmoderated Areas" forum to see the rules for playing here.
Zasalamir
Race: Mixed Race
Renown: 20
Character Sheet
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

{Bayward} An Eye for Details

Ymiden, 15th Arc 718
"When you are at peace with yourself its easier to see the pain of those who have yet to reach that level of self tranquility"
he said melting into the man. The affectionate kisses made him tense up a little but it was only because he was feeling things he never experienced before. The touch of another man, and so unlike his father yet almost similar. Jon, like his father, held so much burden on his soul. He could see it in the man's eyes, feel it in his touch, hear it in the wavering of his voice. The difference between the two however was that Jon could acknowledge it, where as his father brushes it off as if it was nothing. Zasalamir liked how genuine he was, seeing as the man wished not to build this encounter on just sex alone. He wanted to know Zasalamir more, he wanted to learn about him more. Looking into the brunette's eyes he tilted his head, trying to find the underlying meaning to his words. Just what could this man have gotten himself into? Zasalamir was fine with Jon being a mage, it wasn't that big of a deal for him, so what could be so major. He chuckled at Jon's desire to escalate this embrace forcing stray locks of hair behind his ear, then draping his arms behind Jon's shoulders as he relaxed in the brunette's hands.

"I don't have anything planned as of now, as its going to take me some time to establish a presence in Bayward. So I am at your mercy Jon. I'm curious As to what could warrant you to break up our intimacy, but im sure it will be worth the wait. Besides, as the first man to kiss me you owe it to me to make up for this."
He teased, kissing Jon on his forehead before rising from the man's lap and going to retrieve his clothes. He would dress himself, but leave himself shirtless as he wasn't going to squander the sun's warmth against his skin. As he approached Jon he sat back down next to the man reaching for his pants.
"Need help getting dressed or would you rather leave here confident in your own skin?"
word count: 390
Jonathan Burr
Race: Human
Profession: Academic
Renown: 45
Character Sheet
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

RP Medals

The first man? That worried Jonathan a little. If this went bad, he'd be the evil Aberrant that had first shared kisses with the younger man. He regretted not telling him first, and letting Zasalamir make up his own mind about whether he wanted to kiss him after knowing. His next words were even more serious and he put a hand on Zasalamir's shoulder. "Listen to me. This...?" he gestured to his arms, and his mouth. "Is a secret. Ne'haer fears mages. They burn them alive, and the attitudes are stronger in the outlying cities like this. You can't go around telling people what I am. It's the reason I wore all that clothing. It's the reason I was afraid to show you my arms. Half of me thought you'd go running for the guards to get a bonfire going. This cannot get out. This isn't me being paranoid. A big mouth could get me killed." He looked at Zasalamir earnestly, and reached for his clothing. He pulled his shirt over his head, gingerly guiding the cloth over his topaz and re-wrapping the lower part of his face in gauze. "It's not that I'm not confident in my own skin. Given the option I wouldn't wear a shirt at all."

He disliked that Zasalamir saw it as...shyness. Did the man really not know the state of mages in Idalos? How they were hunted down and killed? Aberrants like himself were even hunted and killed by other mages, and usually killed whenever they were found regardless if they'd been caught doing an ill deed or not. He stood up and encircled an arm around Zasalamir's waist, pulling down the gauze briefly to kiss him. "That's why I can't show you the other Spark here. Transmuters are dubiously watched. The other...we're killed outright."

"Talkin"
word count: 321
Zasalamir
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Ymiden, 15th Arc 718
His smile faded when he could see the fear in his new found friend? Lover? Fling? Whatever Jonathan would become to Zasalamir he didn't like this look of despair on him. Despair was not an emotion that sat well with him at all as it led to souls making choices they could never walk away from. Taking the man's hand that rested on his shoulder Zasalamir kissed it.
"I understand, I know secrets of my house that could destroy the Escolothe' name and reputation. Is there a place you wish to show me this secret? Somewhere where you wont be persecuted for it?"
He inquired, noting the severity of the quaking in Jon's spirit. Though it never showed on Zasalamir's stoic face, he was beginning to deduce the possible secret. But he needed to wait till Jon showed or told him what it was in a safe place.
"I say we leave now, and go as to unburden your soul. I'm certain whatever it is isn't all that bad. I've done some deplorable act under the command of my father in order advance his hold in the dru.................jewelry business. I've cut more than just gems"
He said with a smile, hoping to deflect from the fact he was in the drug business. It wasnt the best conversational piece for someone you just met, and could potentially be intimately involved with. Besides what could he say, "Hi I'm not just a jeweler but a drug designer and came to Bayward to spread our product throughout the region". No he couldn't spill that information just yet, not till he had a foothold on the area.

"As I said before, I have nothing planned, I can go where ever you need me to go. But allow me to ask this, have you thought about establishing a place where mages like you can feel free and safe to practice what ever magic you wish? A town, city maybe even a country of mages? I'm sure if enough of you gather together on a united front, the world would have to recognize your independence. And as long as no one crosses the established boundaries, no one has to die."
He proposed standing and extending his hand to help Jonathan to his feet.
word count: 393
Jonathan Burr
Character Sheet
Templates

Contribution

RP Medals

Jon smiled gently when Zasalamir kissed his hand. Gods, this creature standing before him was beyond beautiful. His calmness, his tranquility moved through Jon like a well-made sloop in poor waters. Zasalamir was the sort of soothing balm that could put a soul at ease. He nodded at the idea of leaving sooner. Not just to reveal his secret and have no more fears about him, but to be alone. As much as he liked the beach it wasn't a secluded area, and they might have drawn more attention than Jon thought like this. The only frown on his face was from the slip. He'd caught it, and so had Hob. The Harvester's little chuckle confirmed that the Emean was thinking the same thing as Jon; dru? Drugs? He was afraid to finish that thought. In all due time, Zasalamir would tell him the truth.

'If it is drugs, this will be interesting given your recent attempts at a slip.' Hob said to him. When not manifested and visible, the Harvester was relatively silent. Hob could never truly step into Idalos without Jonathan's magic creating a bridge or conjunction. Without it, the most he could do was appear aesthetically and speak to others. When not visible, he only spoke to Jon inside of his head as he was now.

Jon smiled and took his new friend's hand, tugging himself to his feet and giving Zasalamir's hand an affectionate kiss. "I've thought about such a thing, but we'd need to change a lot of attitudes first." he said softly. "It starts not with construction but with whispers."
He guided Zasalamir off of the beach, and back into town. Then, beyond it. The woods were dark and deep just outside of Bayward, and Jonathan didn't need to go far to feel comfortable. He just needed to be out of sight of the guards and most of the tall windows of the town. He pulled them a little further until he was satisfied, and took a deep breath.

"I'm an Aberrant." he said slowly. "My kind are bound to Harvesters. Emean entities that live off of consumption of ether. Flayed ether, the type found in all living beings. We're...hated, and reviled. We're burned whenever we're found regardless of whether we've killed. Even by other mages. Among the hated, we are the outcasts." He chewed his lip. Wondering if he'd have to defend himself. He'd not run; he was done running. He and Hob were more powerful now. They could take one man...he just didn't want to. He hoped that Zasalamir could understand. That peacefulness that had soothed him could somehow extend to an Aberrant just as it had a Transmuter.

"Do...do you want to meet him?" he asked tentatively. He needed to make sure he was safe.
word count: 485
Zasalamir
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

He could only smile at the brunette's words. Holding Jon's hand he followed him, unbothered by the stares and whispers from the woman of ill repute and drunkards. The entire time he was wondering what exactly this man was taking him, what could be so serious that the had to go all the way out into nowhere. But maybe this was for the best, after all he didn't want this man to be hurt cause other saw. When Jonathan believed they were at a safe distance from prying eye he divulged what he couldn't when they were on the beach. Zasalamir's hand broke from Jonathan's, biting his thumb as he thought on what was just revealed to him. An Aberrant was a dangerous mage, one his father warned him of growing up, which caused Zasa to form a small fascination with the magic as a child. Then a smirk formed on his face, noting just how much it would irritate his father to know his son, his legacy was among the many things he hates. A look of rebellion hinted in his facial expression as he began to circle Jonathan as he spoke.
"An aberrant huh? This is quite the secret, but who doesnt have a secret or two. I told you before on the beach that I could care less the type of magic you wield. If it is the path you walk and you walk it earnestly, then who am I to judge you. Besides I'm all for new experiences and seeing this Harvester up close is an opportunity i cant pass up."
He said coming to a stop and looking at Jonathan with a slight smile. He couldnt lie to himself, he was nervous, not knowing what to expect but he hoped Jonathan would keep him from harm.
"Speech"
word count: 309
Jonathan Burr
Character Sheet
Templates

Contribution

RP Medals

Jon wasn't sure what to make of the circling. He was nervous, and didn't try to watch Zasa as he walked in a large, lazy circle. He looked like a shark, a golden shark carefully choosing his path. Gone was that innocent little facade, and for once Jon wondered if Zasa was the dangerous one here. He might have been an Aberrant, but Zasa was a kindred spirit. A rebellious creature. Maybe not as well-worn as Jonathan but clearly in the same vein. He smiled at Zasa, smirking at him. "I didn't think even you wouldn't care about such a thing. Most men...it at least gives them pause. Which means you're acquainted with it, or you're mad." he said softly. To those who knew it, Aberration was a double-edged sword. It gave a man power and prestige, the ear of a monster and the companionship of an immortal creature. It gave that power at the cost of the Balance. Without perfectly teetering between one's own power and the Harvester's, one could tip into oblivion. Depending on the Harvester, of course.

The nonjudgement was something he hadn't expected. Even Alistair turned into a cruel thing at the mention of Aberration. Jonathan nodded slightly, and Hob appeared between them. Uncomfortably close as was the Harvester's wont. He was eight feet in height, and at this range Zasa could probably see the carpet of wormy fur he was coated in. Each strand writhed as if trying to escape the skin. Underneath that, muscles jostled for position, sliding underneath and over one another to give the Harvester a consistent form. Hob squatted, his dagger-like teeth centimeters away from Zasalamir's nose. They looked like a collection of daggers by committee, shoved into the front part of his jaws while impressive shearing teeth hid themselves in his cheeks. His fur was shorter here, and it was only possible to see its movement when one was...this uncomfortably close. Hob's luminous blue eyes locked on Zasalamir, and he laughed. That horrific black maw opened and horrific, twisted, choking laughter came from Hob's throat.

'You aren't afraid, are you? I like you.'Hob's grin spread wide, and his face split. Much like Jonathan's own, his lips split vertically, though they were far more exaggerated. 'I can see you with a Harvester, boy. The right Harvester, to be sure...but you and that creature would be a powerful pair.'
Even Jon looked surprised. Hob hadn't shown any interest in helping him initiate....well, anyone. He'd been under the impression the Harvester hated other members of his kind.
word count: 450
Zasalamir
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

He couldn't beleive his own eyes. This thing that stooped in front of him. He had to admit, the first few seconds the harvester was before him, Zasalamir's heart stopped out of fear, fear he hadn't felt since he was a kid. But his fear soon turned into curiosity. He couldnt beleive he was given a chance to see this, and it showed that Jon trusted him. It also meant that he'd have to maintain this trust, or else Jon could be feeding his ether to this thing one day. Zasalamir's eyes traced over the creatures physical form, seeing the inner workings of its body squirm about and shift from place to place. Normal men would loose themselves looking at this thing, but Zasalamir had been conditioned by his father and the family to deal with such emotions such as fear.
"Sadly lord harvester I dont succumb to fear that often. If anything I'm curious is all. I'm curious as to how one would form such a bond, though I doubt I'm worthy to be bonded to such magnificent being such as yourself. Simply put this is a new experience for me, so I plan to take it all in.
He said, his stoic expression never fading as he spoke, looking the monstrous being dead in its glowing eyes.

In reality Zasalamir was still a little shaken, each breath he exhaled coated with the anxiety of not wanting to piss this beast off. He had to tread carefully or he would die, especially by the looks of this beast.
"Tell me, do you truly believe I could be bonded to one like you? I'm not anything special, just a simple jeweler."
Of course he was being coy, no need to come right out with his ambitions, especially not on the first date.

"Speech"
word count: 312
Jonathan Burr
Character Sheet
Templates

Contribution

RP Medals

[quote="Jonathan Burr"]
'Maybe in time, boy. A Harvester gives you power but the initiation is dangerous and full of death to the unwary. I think Jonathan wants to take your virginity at least before that.’Hob stood up straight and looked down at Zasalamir. The boy had ambition that was for sure, but initiation was far too dangerous this early on. No, Jon didn’t want to risk this pretty things death and Hob didn’t quite blame him. He hoped that if Jon did initiate he did so gently and with much preparation. Anything else would mean death. Every fever dream was different and one never knew if a Harvester was going to come to bond with a new mage or eat him. 'Keep that ambition and be patient. Harvesters like a man who has a pair.'

Jon blushed and smiled. Hob helpfully vanished and the mage stepped forward. “You’re not as innocent as you look.” He said affectionately. He kissed Zasalamir deeply, encircling his arms around the other’s waist. “I think Hobis right. You could be a good Aberrant with a little preparation. It’s a very dangerous thing and he’s right, I don’t want to lose you. Mmm. For now I’d love to get to know you a little better. Maybe show you a rock collection of my own. I can cut gems as well, but is that all you cut? Or is Hob right whenhe tells me that you’re the type to cut medications as well?” He leaned his head to the side and kissed down Zasalamir s neck. He nuzzled into the man’s collarbone. “You going to give me a little taste?”
word count: 285
Zasalamir
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Zasalamir watched as Hob, which was that thing's name, complimented him before vanishing with words of wisdom. Within Jonathan's embrace the two kissed, Zasa melting a little in the man's arms.
"You assumed I was innocent, who am I to tell you you're wrong. Though I haven't been innocent for quite some time. It's good to know I can still play that role."
He said, A smile painting his face, kissing Jon's head as the man buried his face in Zasalamir's collarbone after kissing his neck.
"A taste of what pray tell, me or my medications? Hob says you wish to take my virtue. As for my medications, yes, Hob is correct. A perseptive being that one. My herbal remedies are powerful, organic, and addictive depending on the grade. They are created like drugs, but better, good for both the body and soul. Some can ease bodily pan, help with spiritual tranquility, or mental calmness. It really all depends on what your looking for. Its one of the reasons I'm here in Bayward, to establish a foothold to distribute my product."
He admitted, lifting the brunette's face to look him in his eyes.
"I want to get to know you better too, well more than knowing your a mage with a terrifying beast living inside you. Though that raises a question, was he watching us on the beach?"
He questioned as he kissed Jonathan as passionately as he could in that moment. Zasalamir was a free spirit, so being this open in affection was something he was use to, but not many could understand his level of spiritual freedom.

"Speech"
Last edited by Zasalamir on Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 280
Jonathan Burr
Character Sheet
Templates

Contribution

RP Medals

"Hob doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut." Jon mumbled against Zasalamir's skin. The Harvester was right. Jon desperately wanted to have Zasalamir in bed. He wanted to rush it, and yet he didn't all at the same time. Listening to his prospective lover admit that he dealt drugs made him pause a little bit. He held Zasalamir loosely, inhaling his scent and closing his eyes. He had promised himself he wouldn't get addicted again. He'd fought so hard to get this magic, and he'd had to become clean to do it. He wanted it. He wanted it badly, and for that reason he couldn't have it. Given all the freedom in the world he would have happily snorted himself stupid and made love with Zasalamir for weeks. He leaned his head into Zasa's hands and sighed. "I used to be addicted to it. Those sorts of medications. I used to lay in Etzos and while away days or weeks among others who did the same. I can't fall into that again, but I can help you get a foothold among people who want to be that way."

The next question made him blush a bit. Of course Hob was watching. He always did. He kissed the other man back, one hand lifting to wind his fingers in that impressive blonde mane. He pressed his body against Zasa's, sighing contentedly into the kiss. "He was." he said softly between their affections. It was difficult sometimes to adjust to a creature who knew everything you did. He smirked playfully and nibbled on Zasalamir's lower lip. "Come with me. There's a hospital I work and live at just north of Ne'haer. Tomorrow you can scope out your competition." he purred.

"Talkin"
word count: 303
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Western: Ne'haer”