• PM To Join • Claws and Companionship (Tristan)

18th of Ashan 718

The capital city of the of Rynmere, here is seated the only King in Idalos.
Ela Wolfsdotter
Race: Mortal Born
Renown: 95
Character Sheet
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Claws and Companionship (Tristan)

18th Ashan, 718

Whatever the fuck Kura thought was politically important enough to drag Ela here, she didn't appreciate it.

As far as the Mortalborn was concerned, her cave was luxury. Peace and quiet, surrounded by beautiful prey and warded from all kinds of predator. Even sentient beings found themselves under attack should they come too close to the girls territory. But where was now offered no such comfort to the pup. There were no animals around to run free with, no beasts of prey to hunt or predators to fight. Nothing but crowds of people, all of which looking at the tribal girl with clear distaste. She didn't fit in, truth be told. If her war paint didn't give that away, the claws and fangs certainly did.
Walking aimlessly through the streets, Ela found herself eventually in a quieter area, with very few people around. She sat herself back against a wall quietly and looked up at the sky, genuine distress running through her. Every second she spent away from the cave she called home made her skin crawl and her body shake. Every instinct Ela had was dialed up to a hundred, making her almost jumpy. She hadn't been properly hunting in so long, though her hunger had been quenched.

As the girl sat quietly, she realized a few looks came to her, her claws naturally stretched out without her realizing. Sighing, the girl brought her knees to her chest, keeping the claws on display. If anyone wanted to approach her, let them, and if any of them considered it a challenge - it would be the last challenge they ever faced.

With that thought in her mind, Ela noticed someone coming towards her, and glanced towards them, using her hand to block out the sun to make out their face.
Last edited by Ela Wolfsdotter on Fri May 18, 2018 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 306
Tristan Venora
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Mad Scientist Socialite
Renown: 934
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Tristan had returned to Andaris earlier that trial because he wanted to see what was happening in the capital with his own eyes one last time before he travelled to Scalvoris in order to meet with Faith - Faith who had been his slave and the first woman he had ever really loved, Faith who he should have married when he had still had the chance. He had left his daughter, Ayla at home, in the care of her nanny, because none of the things that he was going to look at were suitable for children, but he had taken Lianne, his favourite bodyguard and part-time lover with him.

Both of them were dressed in black – Tristan because it was his way of silently protesting against the king’s anti-mage law (everybody else was wearing red – red like the pyres on which the mages burned) and Lianne because she had felt like it. While Tristan was wearing a suit and a short coat, the redhead was wearing tight-fitting black leather pants and a blouse with a plunging neckline. She appeared to be completely unarmed, even though she carried at least half a dozen daggers on her person at all times.

As they walked towards their destination – the Crown – Tristan watched the people that passed them by, wondering if any of them recognized him as the Duke of Oakleigh in his current outfit that was completely out of character for him. He normally wore bright colors and dressed in a rather eccentric fashion. If they recognized him, they didn’t let him show which was just as well since he wasn’t in a particularly talkative mood anyway. He hadn’t been since Cassander who he had once considered a close friend had done that.

And then he saw her, and he stopped dead in his tracks and just stared at her like an idiot for a few moments because he couldn’t believe his eyes. She looked just like the savage he had loved in the village in the jungle, and what more, she had fangs and claws, like a wild animal. He abruptly forgot that he was supposed to be depressed and angry. He was in awe! He looked at Lianne who shook her head fervently – whatever he was about to do, it was definitely not a good idea in her opinion – and then he shrugged his shoulders and approached the savage who was leaning against a wall, as if she were tired, anyway.

“Where did you get these claws, and can I have some as well?” he asked her. His eyes were bright with excitement, and he looked at her as if she were the most fascinating woman he had ever seen even though that kind of behavior was completely unbecoming of a duke. Behind him stood Lianne, ready to draw one of her daggers should Ela decide to take the duke’s words as an insult and quietly shook her head. Sometimes she really wondered about his sanity!
Last edited by Tristan Venora on Tue May 22, 2018 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 503
Ela Wolfsdotter
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Usually, Ela didn't take so well to someone commenting on her appearance. She was used to all kinds of insults because of it, and being as she was meant that she would likely lash out on anyone that offended her. Truth be told, the girl had little to no self-control, especially when it came to her anger. As of recent, her anger had only gotten worse.
Yet this man was different. When she looked in to his eyes she saw no malicious intent, and his voice showed none of it either. Just curiosity, as pure as curiosity could be. At times the girl could be irrational, but not even she saw a threat in this. If anything, she suddenly found herself overwhelmed, unsure how to answer the question and how she would handle the sudden burst of positive emotions. After all, she'd grown so used to anger that feeling this much joy felt strange to her. Almost alien. Yet a smile still spread across her cheeks, and she made no effort to stop it.

"They, uh..." the girl stuttered, clearly unsure of what to say. Ela never really knew what any of her life meant in terms of her powers, she just developed them one day in a fit of rage. But as far as she was concerned, this was who she was. Avriel were born with wings and Lothar were born exceptionally strong, Ela was born to be a beast like the predators she claimed dominion over. It just took some time to develop that.
"They just appeared, one day. So perhaps they will for you too" the girl pondered. She had always wondered if, aside from Kura, there were any others out there like her. She couldn't be the only girl that was born more animal than human. Sure, she was like this because Karem was her mother, but that didn't mean other people couldn't be too. The closest thing she had to that were the Lotharro, but she'd never befriended one enough to learn about them, and admittedly had no interest in befriending one anytime soon.

Gently, the girl stood herself up, before offering her clawed hand to Tristan. She had seen many people greet like this while in the Eternal Empire, and it was much more fitting to her than any other greeting she had seen. When a woman would curtsy in front of her, or men would bow formally, she wondered who decided that was a fitting way to greet people.
"Ela Wolfsdotter, it's a pleasure" the girl spoke, as she had rehearsed many times on her journey here. After all, the girl had to be at least somewhat civil here, so getting at least a friendly introduction was necessary. She then looked to the woman behind Tristan and nodded with a small, friendly smile. Whether he knew it or not, this man had just made her day that much brighter.
word count: 494
Tristan Venora
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

The savage was smiling which was a good sign in Tristan’s opinion – unless smiling had a completely different meaning in her culture which he strongly doubted. She also stuttered a little though which worried him slightly. Maybe his question about her claws had been a little too personal? But he just found them so immensely fascinating! Was she a mage? Had she been gifted them by an Immortal? He had once met a man that had had glowing eyes because he had been blessed by an Immortal, but he had forgotten the name of the Immortal in question because his memory didn’t work particularly well. Or maybe she was a mutant. He had heard that Etzos – one of his favourite cities because they had bought one of his sculptures – had been overrun by mutants a few seasons earlier.

He looked at her, hoping that she would tell him where she had gotten her claws and that he could have claws as well if he wanted. When she informed him that they had just appeared one trial, he stared at her incredulously for a moment before he began to smile all over his face. “Maybe!” he agreed. “I can’t wait!” As he said that, he wondered if he should buy a luck talisman so that he would get his claws faster. He had heard that there was a magical item that made you really lucky for a trial. He just had to find out who sold it. Or maybe he could just make one? He was a really good alchemist now!

He was almost as good as Padraig!

She stood up and offered him her hand, and he looked at it for a moment before he shook it. “Good trial, Ela Wolfsdotter!” he greeted her. “I’m Tristan Venora.” He wanted to say more, but it was just then that Lianne interjected, “His Grace, the Duke of Oakleigh.” Tristan looked at her disapprovingly for a moment – he’d wanted to keep his title a secret for the time being, out of fear that it would intimidate Ela - and then he remarked, “That as well. I hope you don’t mind. Her name’s Lianne, by the way, and she works for me, even though she doesn’t look the part. So, Ela Wolfsdotter, what are you doing in Andaris, and would you like to tell me a bit more about yourself? You are the most interesting person I’ve met all season long!”

“You can also ask me something of course”,
he added.
word count: 425
Ela Wolfsdotter
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Nothing, Ela had thought, could make today remotely fun. Yet she could have never predicted Tristan Venora. Something about the man and the way he put himself across meant she couldn't be upset, couldn't be hurting anymore. It didn't take away her desire to be home, but she'd finally met someone in this Immortal-forsaken shit hole that she could enjoy the company of. It was hard to be negative around someone that was, as Ela saw it, just so pure.
As the man stated his excitement for the idea of claws, Ela almost wanted to persuade her mother to just give him some. But she knew that wasn't how it worked. Whatever Immortal was out there and listening, however, the pup hoped had enough goodness in their heart to give this man some claws. It wasn't a complicated request, and the girl was certain he would appreciate it. A chuckle escaped her lips, showing that the man wasn't the only one that was excited.

Then the woman behind him announced that this man was the 'Duke of Oakleigh', whatever that meant. Ela had no interest in titles that men and women gave themselves in society, putting one on top of the other. None of it was based around survival, none of it was done by proving yourself. Their titles were bound by blood and promises, and when one was broken all it did was leave the other spilled. At least, that had been Ela's experience of it. Though, Ela had no idea what a Duke actually was. Perhaps she was about to be pleasantly surprised.
"I don't mind, though you'll have to forgive me. I don't know what a Duke is" she admitted, clearly not used to conversing with strangers. Discomfort could be read on her from a mile away, purely because she wanted to keep a good conversation going. It wasn't often the girl met someone she enjoyed talking to, so she would have to take advantage of the situation.

"It's nice to meet you both. As for Andaris, well..." she started, glancing around at the place. Immortals, she hated this place. She looked back to Tristan and smiled again. "I'm here for business. My sister is a politician from Scalvoris, and I'm here as her bodyguard. Though, she's out somewhere right now, so I'm allowed to just wander. As for me, there isn't much to tell."
A blush had spread across her cheeks when the man said she's the most interesting person he'd met all season. The compliment made her heart feel strange, a feeling she hadn't often come across before, nor could she explain it. Whatever it was, it felt nice, making her feel incredibly happy and warm.

"And I must ask, what is a Duke?"
word count: 481
Tristan Venora
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

“Your sister is a politician?” Tristan asked, and his eyes lit up. He knew just how he was going to explain to her what a duke was now! “So am I! A Duke is more or less a politician – and responsible for taking care of a part of the kingdom. If you want to, I can show you my duchy sometime. I have a nice, big house – although you probably prefer caves, don’t you?” he asked and looked at her questioningly while Lianne rolled her eyes. She loved Tristan – sometimes literally – but sometimes he was just a little too exuberant for her taste!

“Oakleigh has a lot of caves. In fact, about half of my duchy consists of mountains and forests. There are a lot of animals, too!” he pointed out because she seemed like the kind of person that was interested in animals to him. He just wasn’t sure if she hunted them or if she took care of them. It didn’t matter though, because there were possibilities for both in his duchy. The forests were rich with game, and he had a few pets that she would be able to admire as well, a cat, a dog and a horse that had been named after Peake Maxos Andaris, one of the most dangerous men in the kingdom, among them.

“There’s nothing to forgive, by the way”, he remarked, in case she was still uncomfortable. “Nobody can know everything!” The expression on his face would tell her that he was being honest. He didn’t mind her lack of knowledge at all. On the contrary, he preferred people like her to most of the nobles that he met on a daily basis. They were superficial and full of lies, and they got on his nerves more often than not.

It was just then that Lianne nudged him and whispered to him, “Your Grace, is it really wise to invite a savage that you just met into your home because you like her claws and want some as well? Think about your daughter!” Tristan looked at her for a moment, and then he replied, “I am thinking about my daughter – and about Oakleigh. Besides, you heard her. Her sister is a politician from Scalvoris.”

He mostly said that in order to quell Lianne’s fears. He didn’t really care if Ela was related to somebody important. He would have found her just as interesting if her sister were a savage as well – perhaps even more so. While Lianne continued to worry and watched the savage closely, Tristan smiled at Ela and informed her, “I know somebody who lives on Scalvoris! Her name is Faith, and she’s one of my best friends. Do you know her?” In truth Faith was more than just a friend. She was the first woman that he had ever loved. He still loved her to some extent, and always would, and he often wondered what would have happened if he had freed her a little sooner and asked her to marry him rather than letting her go with Padraig. He would not share such personal things with a stranger though, not even if said stranger was a savage with very fascinating claws.
word count: 542
Ela Wolfsdotter
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

When the man pointed out that he was a politician too, the Pup smiled a little, her fangs on show yet with no hostility. Though the girl had no interest in politics herself, it helped to know that this man worked in a way she knew a little about from Kura, so she could perhaps understand. If he was even half as nice as Kura was, they would get along perfectly, and thus far he seemed to be more than that.
"Caves are more for me, aye. Though I would be grateful to visit your home one day, and perhaps you can visit mine. It isn't really great for nobility, but it's...home. I have animals there, lots of them. Friendly ones. Deer that sit in the cave and wait nicely" she smiled, reminiscing about all the deer in her cave that would be waiting for her when she got home, and Alrur. While he wasn't efficient at hunting, he was still her friend. Perhaps if she removed her Dominance over him, he would want to stay anyway? They'd hunted together for years now. It would pain her to lose one of her few friends forever.

As Tristan and the woman behind him conversed, Ela glanced around the area, a few men and women looking at her. Claws and fangs did that for her. After all, nobody wanted someone so dangerous around their children. Why would they? If she hadn't eaten for a long enough time she'd kill anything, anyone. Those looks were ones she'd grown used to, even occasionally in the Eternal Empire. Her savage nature then did nothing good for her when she walked through the streets. Perhaps she just wasn't born for places like Rynmere, caves or not.
"Faith?" the Mortalborn thought, pausing for a moment. "Yeah, I know her! Kura and her are good friends, and she healed me once. Assuming we're talking about the same Faith of course. She's a healer, works with my sister a lot, and there good friends from what I can tell. She's pretty famous, too. Even someone who lives in caves hears stories about her from people that pass by."

"That sound like the right Faith?"
word count: 377
Tristan Venora
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

As Ela confirmed that she did indeed prefer caves, Tristan smiled and informed her, “When you visit me, there’ll be a nice cave waiting for you then! I’ll even put a few furs into it so that you’ll be warm at night. I’d love to visit your home as well one trial, by the way, and I don’t care if it isn’t really great for nobility. I’m not like most nobles, in case you haven’t realized that yet! Lianne can confirm that!” He looked at his bodyguard who groaned slightly. She was quite an unconventional young woman, but sometimes Tristan was too much, even for her. This was one those trials.

“Wow”, he murmured as she talked about her animals. “My animals never just sit there and wait nicely. They don’t obey. How do you do it?” he wanted to know. He was a little jealous, he had to admit. His pets did what they wanted. Sometimes it seemed as if they were listening to him, but in truth their goals just happened to collide with his.

“That’s my Faith!” he confirmed as Ela talked about the woman who had healed her once. “It sounds just like her. She’s amazing, isn’t she? She was already the best cook in all of Idalos when we first met, about two arcs ago, but now she’s the best healer in Idalos as well – and a celebrity.” He didn’t mind at all that she was so much more famous than him now, of course. In fact, he was proud of far she had come. He decided not to tell Ela how he had met Faith though – and that he had literally bought her. He didn’t think that the savage would approve of slavery, and he wanted to get along with her.

She was just such an incredibly interesting person!

“If you return to Scalvoris, can you tell her that you met me please and that I’m well?” he asked, hoping that she would say yes and that she wouldn’t consider it too much work. “She’ll be wondering how I am. Can you also tell her that I’ll visit her sometime?”
word count: 375
Ela Wolfsdotter
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

A polite smile, with a gentle blush, spread across her face. A cave waiting for her to visit, furs to keep her warm at night. Perhaps, Ela considered, she had met a man different to any other out there. While most would frown upon her staying in a cave, or ask judgmental questions, Tristan offered her a cave without any question or judgement. In fact, the man showed interest in how she lived her life, and liked her for it.
"Then you'll definitely have to visit one day" she nodded, her face and expression warm to the man. Truth be told, she hadn't ever had someone stay in her cave with her, even for more than a break. Kura was an exception, but the woman never really counted as 'someone' to Ela. Both had their wild side, and both were born of the same feral blood. She was more than just someone.

When talking about his animals, Ela chuckled a little. "My cave attracts them, and they just...stay there. It's not really obeying, I guess, more than they want to be there" she admitted. Of course, she couldn't tell the man that she was Mortalborn. It was a secret she often avoided telling people, though she didn't know why. Perhaps, the girl thought, she didn't want people to associate her with her mother. In her eyes, Ela was more animal than anything, be it Immortal or Human.
"She is amazing, though I can't speak for her cooking" Ela smiled. While the two had only met for a short span of time, Faith had healed her a while ago, and that meant a lot to Ela. When she saw the look Tristan had when talking about Faith, Ela gave him a genuine and heartfelt smile. "She probably saved my life, the wound was bad. Took a deep bite to the side, could have been fatal. So yeah, she is amazing."

"Don't worry. I'll tell that Tristan Venora is well, the nicest man in Rynmere - and that he'll come visit sometime" she agreed, reassuring the man. "On the condition you stop by when you go to see her. It would be nice to meet again, maybe show you the animals and the woods."
word count: 382
Tristan Venora
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

“Then you just have to give me …” Tristan began and abruptly broke off again, frowning. He’d wanted to ask her for her address, but he doubted that caves had addresses and little signs with numbers in front of them and such. “… the directions to your cave”, he amended, hoping that she didn’t mind his slight mishap. “I’ll also bring food and drinks that we’ll be able to share because I’ll be the guest, and guests should bring their host gifts in my opinion. You only have to tell me what you like!”

“Maybe I need to get myself a cave as well then”,
Tristan mused as Ela revealed that her cave attracted the animals. He remembered that he had briefly entertained the idea of hiring Hunter Gawyne to build a bunker under Oakleigh Estate a few seasons earlier. Maybe he would revisit that idea. Maybe his animals would behave better if they could occasionally stay in something that resembled their natural habitat more closely. It would be worth giving it a try.

“Faith saved my life as well”, Tristan admitted in a slightly wistful tone. She hadn’t literally saved his life, but she has kept him from doing something really bad. She had made him care. She had made him realize that branding slaves was wrong, that it was wrong to own other people – and that Rynmere was a bad place for his daughter and him which was why he would eventually leave the country, for a season at least.

“Thank you”, he remarked as Ela promised to tell Faith, and added with a smile, “I already told you that I’d love to visit you! I’d love to meet your animals as well!” There had been a time when he had disliked nature – he had grown up in the city, and nature had seemed fairly pointless to him – but now he couldn’t help but get excited about exploring the forest with her. It would be a great adventure!

Lianne didn’t say anything to that. The bodyguard had finally resigned herself to her fate.

She knew when it was time to give up.
word count: 362
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Andaris”