• Graded • You're Welcome!

15th of Ashan 718

This area is unmoderated. Please click on "Forum Rules" at the top of this page or go to the "Unmoderated Areas" forum to see the rules for playing here.

Moderator: Basilisk Snek

Oberan
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Full time nuisance
Renown: 292
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

You're Welcome!

The 15th of Ashan 718

Some would claim that being a jester required no skill whatsoever. They only needed to wear tights in bright colors, do stupid things all the time, and occasionally make people laugh.

Oberan firmly disagreed.

Tights were utterly unnecessary.

As long as you made it clear that you were playing a role, of course. If not, people usually did not put up with your nonsense. Tights had the distinct advantage of alerting everyone to the fact that you were playing a role, even if you weren’t, without you needing to explicitly tell them. It allowed you to get away with things that wouldn’t fly otherwise, do things that would be cringy or shameful in every trial life. Try something and fail? Just pretend like it was planned, overact to the point where people genuinely couldn’t tell whether it was or wasn’t.

So yes, you didn’t necessarily need mad skills. You did not need to be funny. And you didn’t need the tights.

Problem was you were none of those, and you didn’t wear the motley, people either thought you were retarded, or a huge asshat.

Oberan was wearing the jester’s outfit, obviously, and stood in the center of a small crowd in the middle of a square. There was a market nearly, with vendors hollering rhymes to attract attention, yelling about how low their prices were and how high the quality of their product. The sea of people flowed through the streets, pooling around the most interesting of the stalls, and passing by the numerous buskers and performers who’d come to profit off the gathering of vendors.

Those who played an instrument were always present, providing merry tunes for the masses to enjoy as they passed with the languid speed of a crippled snail, forced to walk at the pace of the slowest among them. There was no greater anguish for the punctual and swift to be among such crowds. It was for the men to listen to as they were dragged around by their partners, forced against their will to spend an eternity in shopping limbo. For those people the music provided comfort, something to enjoy while they suffered. Background music in Tartaros.

There were acrobats who did tricks and flips, some solo, some in groups. The general rule was that the more people, the grander and more spectacular the stunts. There were jugglers and strongmen, firebreathers and ventriloquists, illusionists and mimes.

And Oberan? Well, he did absolutely nothing. Instead, he just stood there, frozen in place. The pose his body held was odd, with his arms held at weird angles, and his legs looking like he’d just tried to take a gigantic step, but couldn’t quite find the strength to raise back up. Near his feet was a cap with some coins in it, and every so often someone would throw a bit of nel in there. All because he didn’t do a thing. Which was harden than it looked, as he needed to keep his balance, hold the pose, and stare in the distance while making sure to blink when no-one was looking and breathe inconspicuously. Not to mention the top of his head was itching so badly, but he couldn’t scratch it!
He lost track of time, lost in his thoughts for the most part. Oberan knew he hadn’t been posing like this for longer than five bits now, and it was becoming time to briefly move and relieve himself of the god-awful pose he’d decided to strike. At that moment, he saw her.

The Mortalborn knew that he had to involve her somehow. Why? Because he couldn’t help himself; she was a Naerikk.

All of a sudden the motionless jester launched himself forward, breaking through the crowd of people around him, and grabbing her wrist. He pulled, drawing her into his little performance space, one hand locking fingers with hers, the other placing itself onto her waist. A bit of exercise to loosen up his body after pretending to be a statue for half the morning. The music from the performers next to his spot carried loud and far enough to leave no question to the beat to follow.

“Won’t you join me in this dance, milady?” he asked, his tone mocking the genteel speech of the nobles up North. There was no window for a refusal on her part though, almost immediately after the rhetorical question he began moving, pulling her along with him, whether she wanted to or not.

He knew enough of dance to know that the man was supposed to lead, but that was just about the full extent of his knowledge –and skill—on the matter, and it clearly showed. If there were a jury to score his attempts at ... whatever dance it was he was trying to imitate... they'd give him a three. Out of a hundred. Or maybe a four, depending on whether they were feeling generous.
Last edited by Oberan on Thu May 10, 2018 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 843
Just because I shouldn't doesn't mean I won't.

Mortalborn Abilities | Die Roller | Capstones
Adruria
Approved Character
Race: Naerikk
Renown: 35
Character Sheet

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

You're Welcome!

The market was busy as was the norm, no more than normal. There was a sea of people everywhere! While Adruria had come to find the strange market stall, she gave up quickly as she was jostled by the crowd and found a less busier spot a little ways from the market, somewhere she could think. Once settled she pulled the strange coin from her pocket and looked it over from every angle. There had to be more to this coin than what it seemed to be. After looking over the coin for awhile she sighed and returned it to her pocket. Adruria had gained no new knowledge from examining the coin for no doubt around the hundredth time. She was beginning to doubt there was anything special about said coin. If it was worth nothing she could at least turn it into a pendant of sorts and wear it as a necklace... It wouldn't be that hard..

The Naer stood up from her resting spot, trying to decide if she should look around some more or head home for the day and relax in the shadows. Well, she could wander around a little bit longer and headed back around the market one more time. This time she wouldn't even look for than stall with the star, she'd just relax and enjoy the atmosphere. Maybe find something of interest to take home.

Wandering the stalls she found many things of interest such as clothes, books, house items, and strangely enough vegetables. While normally not very interesting, Adruria had been raised in a place where all vegetables were red from blood crops, so the bright colors of vegetables was always interesting. Who would of imagined carrots were orange! Or that apples came in so many colors... The varying colors of the vegetables made her chuckle lightly and smile before moving on down the market. Carrots...Orange...

Not far from the vegetable stand a band was playing music and different performers showed their talents. A few acrobats caught her eye with their graceful movements, in a way they were mesmerizing to watch. Adruria watched them intently, until a fire breather accidentally spooked her back into the crowd. Fire was bright, fire could kill her and not in the normal way it killed humans. She was a bit shaken by the fire but decided she would stay and enjoy herself fire or not. There were plenty of other performers who were non-firery. Such as some magicians doing slight of hand tricks that looked effortless. Stage magic may have not be real, but Adruria could appreciate a magician who could preform right in front of you and still make you wonder how they did it.

It had been a good outing, exploring the market and with a happy smile began to make her way through the crowd to leave, when her wrist was grabbed. Adruria had been facing away from her wrist looking at a performer when it happened. Not knowing who had grabbed her wrist, Naerikk instinct took over. Her face spoke death, her eyes anger, and a scowl that showed her fangs that was.. Until she saw who had her wrist and her face showed confusion and a look that could be described as 'you've got to be FREAKIN' kidding me'. It was that crazy jester she had seen a few times, the guy from the restaurant and from on the roof! What in the Shadow Mother's name was he doing?! And even more-so why had he singled her out? Had he been.. waiting for her?

She had questions she needed answered. Why was his hand around her waist? Why was he so interested in her? But before she could say anything he had told her they were dancing and once again before she had a chance to decline his VERY gracious offer... They were in front of the crowd and dancing or sort of dancing? She wasn't really sure what was going on it was still all registering in her head. Finally coming back to reality she found herself dancing, this was really happening. Fine. Adruria danced with the man at one point she leaned into him making sure he got a good view of her fangs, "We will play your game, jester. But you WILL give us our answers once we're done."With that she grasped his hands with much more of a grip than she had earlier letting the tips of her claw-like nails to dig slightly into his hand. This...man who she wasn't even sure if he'd have any worth collared back home, needed to know he wasn't dealing with a human woman. Adruria was something more. And the dance continued.
word count: 797
Oberan
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

You're Welcome!

Oberan was very good at a few different things. One of them was pretending like he knew what he was doing, and during this improvised dance he very much displayed such confidence. Yes, he was well aware that he couldn’t dance, he was aware that for someone as flexible as himself his movements were too stiff and rigid. He didn’t let it get to him, instead playing into it by holding an expression which he had seen men in positions of power assume. A serious and regal almost-scowl.

He strode through his open space, Nearikk in tow. It helped that she went along with it, for whatever reason. She didn’t look too happy with the situation, so he doubted it was because she enjoyed this sort of thing. He raised an arm and let her twirl around, other arm folded behind his back. Then he draped it back around her waist and they were off again. At best, it could be considered a mockery of a dance Oberan had seen performed a long time ago. At worst it would be seen as an unfortunate caricature produced due to lack of dancing skill.

During the … dance… the Naerikk threatened him, baring her teeth as she leaned into him. Large canines, sure, but was he supposed to be impressed? He raised an eyebrow.

“Grandmother, what big teeth you have,” he whispered.

She dug her nails into his hand, evoking a twitch in his face. It did hurt, and his eyes shifted to hers, his dark ones locking gaze with her amethyst orbs.

“Grandmother, what sharp nails you have,” he said, managing a smirk.

And then, as she finished her verbal pressure, he suddenly stopped, forcing her body backwards, though holding her nearly perpendicular to the ground for a moment. “Make me,” he grinned. “Also stop that with your nails. It’s going to be embarrassing, I’m wearing tights if you hadn’t noticed.”

They continued their dance for a bit longer, interspersing the not-quite-so elegant strides with a twirl or a brief parting of their bodies, remaining only connected by the interwoven fingers of one of their respective hands.

Oberan wasn’t too sure if it was because the dance was obviously bad, or because it was too ordinary to be interesting, but the crowd slowly dispersed, and before long the two of them were ignored despite the effort put into the dance. The Mortalborn sighed and ceased performing, letting go of the Nearikk’s hand and waist. He collected the meagre earnings the people had throw his way, stuffing the coins into his pouch at his belt.

“So, little Naerikk, you had questions for me,” he said, looking up from his money. “Perhaps bend the knee first and I might consider it.” There was a smirk on his face, and though he did lower his voice so it wouldn’t carry too far, his smugness did not decrease. In fact, something regal crept in to his tone of voice. “Why? You are standing before Djas, Son of Audrae, Forgotten Prince of Augiery. I am Djas the Reckless, the Phantom Thief, the Maker of Mischief, He Whose Name Was Removed From Augiery’s History. Djas the Elusive, Shadowborne, the Wildcard, the Whimsical. I am the Immortalborn ruling thieves and burglars and brigands and crooks. I am the patron of thrill seekers and daredevils. My power shakes the very fabric of reality, altering it, bending it to my will and whimsy. So kneel, little mortal, and perhaps you questions might be answered.”

He stared at her, expression grim and serious, the face of an irritated god impatiently awaiting the obedience and worship that was his birthright—

A grin cracked through the façade. He shrugged, unable to retain the serious look.

“Or don’t,” he said, “your loss.”
word count: 642

Adruria
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

You're Welcome!

Wow, this was different. Adruria hadn't seen this coming. She doubted he was lying, as if he had done this to anyone else they'd of reported him and from there he'd of been put away or tossed out of the city. That smug look on his face... His high expectations of praise and worship... What a child.
A smugness all her own began to show on her face. "We thought you wanted to dance. Was just twirling us in circles it? Psshh! Figures. That was disappointing..." She turned her back to him making it look as if she would go on her way, and she was tempted to. SO badly she wanted to just walk away just to see what her dance partner would do. All his work... Just walking away. Oh Shadow Mother above, was this really her son? Adruria gave a mental prayer asking for forgiveness for whatever happened from now on any teasing or chastising or anything else she might have to do with this man child... The Shadow Mother had taught her sister to never bow, they were her perfect fighters... Her daughters of shadow. Perhaps she'd mess with him some....

She turned toward him and made her approach In a cautions yet confident way slinking up to the man, "We're afraid there's a bit of a problem. You see... Mother has taught us to never bow to a man. You must already know this, if you are the son of our Mother. So we're sorry, and besides..." In an instant her seductiveness was gone and using her nails pinched the man on the rear, "That was for one of the grandmother comments! Next, your whole introduction is a bit lengthy, about half way through it became very monotonous. Now for one of our questions, What is with your get up? Honestly we'd strike you from our history too wandering around dressed like that!" She flicked him on the forehead "And that's for the second grandmother crack! You realize people are going to associate us together! " She stomped off not far from the man. Yes, she had pinched the mortalborn square on his bottom and followed it up with childlike insults. Petty revenge. But it was worth it.

Adruria slowly slid down into a sitting position, she sat there watching whoever whatever, looking him over trying to come up with some opinion of him. She doubted he was a crazy man as if he had done this to anyone else they'd have reported him and put him away or tossed him out of the city... Which meant... Was he telling the truth? Looking over the man had a smug grin on his face. "So what did you say your name was? Dajas? Something like that?" Adruria dropped her Grovokian plurals "That I'm guessing isn't your mortal name, right? What did your father call you? Was all your following me just to make your grand announcement? And why me? I'm sure if you searched this city you'd find a few of us..." She got to her feet again, "Why make a fool of me? Did you think that would make me grovel at your feet? I could of hauled off and slapped you! I'm not sure why I didn't..." Slowly walking around the man she kept her distance as she questioned him, although she didn't really expect him to answer them anyway.

He was cocky and full of himself. Adruria couldn't even tell if she found him half attractive, perhaps his attitude covered any points she'd give him. He obviously wished for worshipers and she had been chosen as his first as far as she knew. "I'll consider you as a deity, maybe... But first I need some proof. Turn yourself into an eagle, bat, or spider. You know, do what ever you can magically do. I'll wait for a few bits, but if you fail to preform whatever feat you can do. I'm leaving." She leaned against a wall, "You never asked my name, some amazing mortalborn you are... I'm Adruria or Dru. But that doesn't really matter to you. That and you owe me a decent dance."
word count: 716
Oberan
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

You're Welcome!

Of all things the Naerikk could have done, walking away would have been the best option. It would have annoyed the Mortalborn more than he would ever care to admit to be ignored so blatantly. However, she did nothing but indulge him. Of course she refused to bow, but he hadn’t expected she would. Naerikk were a proud people after all, and to bow for a man was simply disgraceful. Bickering with him? That was exactly what he enjoyed. “So sorry it wasn’t as flamboyant as it could have been,” Bran mock-apologized, “I was worried you wouldn’t be able to keep up. The way you kept stepping on my feet and stumbling around gracelessly made me think it was best to stick to something very basic.” He grinned widely.

His smile vanished quickly when the Naer pinched his left buttcheek. A surprised noise escaped him, and his confused glare fixed itself on her complexion. What in the blazes? This was a first for sure. Never had he met a stranger who just publicly pinched his ass. It was weird. Very weird. This Naerikk was an odd one for sure. Bran wasn’t certain if he liked that or not.

She continued to then flick his forehead and rapidfire some questions, probably in the hopes that he’d answer them. The woman finished with stating her name and –get this—telling the random crazy jester who may or may not be a bona fide Mortalborn she wanted a decent dance from him. Oberan wasn’t really sure what was happening anymore. She had somehow managed to counter him with something even more ridiculous than what he got up to, and he wasn’t sure how to respond. He raised a finger, and opened and closed his mouth a couple times, but never did say anything. He lowered his hand, frowned, and decided to pinch himself to check whether or not this was some feverdream he was having. It wasn’t. Probably.

Also, she straight up believed him? For all she cared he could have been spouting the most ridiculous bullshit she’d ever heard. In fact, Oberan was certain that just about any other Naerikk would have dismissed his introduction as nonsense. Then they’d act all high and mighty like ‘How dare you declare yourself the spawn of Our Mother! How dare you even THINK about us bowing before your pathetic form!’ He’d of course respond with a knowing grin, snapping his fingers with dramatic flair as he activated the Sphere, and— But no. None of that.

“First off,” the Mortalborn said, having decided where to start, “I’m not answering any of your questions for obvious reasons.” He crossed his arms. “Second, your name matters as much to me as knowing what you had for dinner sixty trials ago. Third, it’s Djas, not Dajas. Get it right, it’s not a difficult name.” He shook his head in false disappointment. “Fourth, since you clearly did not pay attention before, allow me to repeat myself.”

Oberan cleared his throat, fixed the Naerikk with a stare that said “pay attention this time”, and began anew: “I am Djas, Son of Audrae, Forgotten Prince of Augiery. I’m also called Djas the Reckless, the Phantom Thief, the Maker of Mischief, He Whose Name Was Removed From Augiery’s History. Djas the Elusive, Shadowborne, the Wildcard, the Whimsical. I am the Immortalborn ruling thieves and burglars and brigands and crooks. I am the patron of thrill seekers and daredevils. My first display of power conjured a flash of light so bright, Mother insisted I leave the city as to not accidentally eradicate its entire populace!"

His brow furrowed a bit, but then his grin returned. "Seeing as you still exist, I believe you should cease your entitled demands for a dance and say ‘thank you’ instead. A thank you for complying, a thank you for allowing you gender-elitists to live happily ever after in your shadowy cave.”

Once more an expression of absolute smugness was painted onto his visage, though underneath it was a hint of an uglier emotion. The last part of his speech would make it quite clear if she noticed it; envy.

“And perhaps after that we can move on to other things.”
word count: 720

Adruria
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

You're Welcome!

"Psshhh, if you knew how to lead while dancing. I wouldn't of stepped on your feet. Or maybe I still would of, just for shits and giggles." Adruria gave a cocky smile and put her hands on her hips striding around the mortalborn. "Next time maybe I should lead." She smiled at the man and his confusion. Good. She had turned the tables on the jester for the time being although she was sure that would pass. Watching the man open and close his mouth only made her laugh to herself, Dru turned away from the jester her shoulders shaking from her laughter.

Dru raised an eyebrow and smirked she hadn't expected him to answer the questions anyway,"Figures, fine keep your mysterious stalker facts to yourself." She waved and wiggled her fingers to add to what she said. For a moment Adruria thought before remarking, "I had fish. Sixty trials ago. Just to let you know, Deejus." She had decided to keep 'forgetting' his name. If her name meant nothing neither did his.

As the man decided to drone on about who he was, Adruria stood behind him quietly and carefully picked up a few small pebbles and proceeded to halfheartedly try and hit the mortalborn. Sadly she ended up using all the small rocks before he had finished his grand introduction. She sighed as she had to listen to him until he mentioned summoning a light. That caught her attention a bit. Surely this man was much older than he looked. If this was true there would be elder Naerikk or their children who might remember it or have even recorded it in writing. She could work with this. He had given her an event. A hard to forget event.

He ended with a demand of thank you. Even Dru could feel the bitterly sour taste in her mouth that he spoke with. How did one respond to something like this. She shook her head and gave a huge shrug and let the her shoulders slack with a sigh. Now she was regretting tossing the pebbles... "Thank you? I'm sorry you didn't kill us? Uh... Try again harder?" Dru rubbed the back of her neck. Silence.

It wasn't long before her smirk returned, "But, I still want a dance. Not now but one day." Adruria glanced around her eyes fell on the coin purse the jester had. She had an idea. Maybe this would cheer him up? "Hey, give me one of the copper nels you earned. I was part of your show and honestly deserve more but... Just give me one. But before you do focus your energy and bless the coin. Why? Because who knows what a token blessed by Djas can and will do. You wanted worship, that's why you followed me. You wanted to be seen as a deity? Then give your first follower your token." She called him by name, hopefully he'd see she was serious about this. For now she believed him. Dru would look up records of a conjured light.

She lowered her head almost disgusted with herself for what she was about to say. To pledge. But one day daughters would be asked of her. Not even a Vice could touch her daughters if they held the Shadow Mother's own blood. She tried to sound nonchalant about what she was going to say. "Also, and I say this just because of your lineage... Once more Naer find you and learn your heritage no doubt you'll find yourself some sort of harem. Because I accepted you first... I shall always be your favorite and if needed you will come to me. You will father MY daughters first and foremost."

"You get your devotion and in time strong daughters whom even your mother won't be able to ignore." She held out her hand awaiting the coin. "Now what other things did you wish to speak of?"
word count: 664
Oberan
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

You're Welcome!

While he was repeating himself, the Naerikk –once more deciding not to pay attention—circled around him and began throwing stones. He didn’t know what she thought she was doing, but Oberan figured she was one of those types with a ridiculously short attention span. That or she was deliberately trying to get on his nerves. It would be hypocritical to call her out on it –not that it would deter him from doing so—but the obviousness of the gesture was just begging for him to remark on. At least Oberan got on people’s nerves in a more elegant kind of way, he found. There was skill involved, and true masters could frustrate others with such subtlety, the targets never did realize why they were feeling so annoyed.

As with combat however, one could wing it without technique. Instead of using brute force, this girl was just being obnoxious, and Oberan decided that he wouldn’t let any of her rocks hit him. He evaded without looking like he put too much effort in it, stepping aside or turning his body away instead of ducking or jumping out of the way. It did help that she wasn’t that good at chucking stones, most of her projectiles missing the mark by a large margin. Then again, that did make each trajectory unpredictable, and despite knowing which stones would normally sail past him harmlessly, he still moved to dodge. Most of the stones she threw didn’t land where she wanted them to, so guessing the trajectory from the motion of her arm wasn’t an insurance against getting hit.

By the time he’d finished though, he could see that her attention had well and truly been grabbed now. Of course it had. Mentioning bright lights around a Naerikk would have that effect, most of the time. He smirked at the sight, and smirked again at the fumbled apology he received.

“You’re welcome,” he accepted graciously, nudging his head a little. “Though I will add that I was not trying at all.”

He felt pretty smug now, despite the negative feelings he harbored against the race of Shadow Women and his mother. While gloating however, she caught him again with something unexpected. Not the insistence on a dance later down the line, but demanding he give her a reward for participating in his performance.

“Excuse you?” he said incredulously, “People left because of that horrible dancing of yours. By all means I should be asking you for recompense.” But he listened to what she had to say, and while the idea was sound, her reasoning really wasn’t. Also, he had followed her? In her dreams! As for wanting worship, well, that was not entirely false, but it wasn’t really true either. So he frowned as she spoke, all the more so because of the bold and demanding tone she used. Give this, do that, blah blah blah.

“Hmpf,” he breathed, done considering now having decided to play along. If she was indeed planning on devoting herself to him, to worship him –something the Mortalborn very much doubted— it could be the start of something greater. Perhaps if he could get people to use his name in the same manner as they used the actual Immortals’, if he could gather a bit of a following, he would become impossible for his mother to ignore. She might deny his existence now, but once people started accepting him as a member of the pantheon, she would not be able to. He quite liked the idea. And if this Adrua was conning him out of a coin, well, he’d just lose a coin. No big deal.

He searched in his pouch for a copper piece, placed it in the palm of his hand, and balled his fist around it. The cold metal pressed snugly against his skin. Oberan closed his eyes, and despite telling himself he was just pretending, he actually did focus on the coin with the same kind of mental state it took to use his Thrill Control. Whether or not it ended up doing anything he did not know, but he opened his eyes regardless, and tossed her the copper with a nonchalant flick. “Don’t lose it,” he warned, not adding a threat to go with it. Sometimes it was best to leave things to the imagination.

With a flourish he donned his green hat with red feather, wagging his finger when she spoke again, making a tutting noise with his tongue. “We might come back to this conversation another time,” he spoke, “But for now, I’ll say this: don’t get ahead of yourself. Perhaps after you’ve actually impressed me, I’ll consider your wish.”

A nod to her and he walked away, quickly swallowed up by the market-going crowd after reaching the edge of the berth the people had been giving himself and the Naerikk. Oberan shook his head in disbelief. A harem, huh? A Naerikk harem, even. It sounded like the kind of thing that would never work out, if only because of the race itself. Although, with one Naerikk stronger and more dominant than the others… some sort of hierarchy perhaps… Well, Arda’d be unpleasantly surprised if she believed she would be the one at the top of the pyramid. Now all she had was a big mouth, and a bossy attitude. Not good enough to hold down other Naerikk, Bran figured.

Why’d he be wanting a harem anyway? In most cases, a horde of women was a royal pain in the ass. The existence of Augiery itself lent credit to that idea. On the other hand, a harem of warrior women did appear to have its advantages…

Oberan chuckled. In any case, listing the pros and cons was reserved for the far future. For now, he would stick to deciding what booze to buy with the coin he’d earned.
word count: 997

Adruria
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

You're Welcome!

No doubt the man was simply playing along with her, and yet she watched him focus on the coin as if he meant it. When finished he flicked the coin at her and she caught. Then like an adult warning a child, he told her not to lose it. Then he simply walked away into the crowd. Completely gone and off to do whatever he intended to do.

Adruria looked at the coin she tightly gripped in her hand, it had still been warm to the touch when he tossed it. For a moment her face held a grimace 'Perhaps after you’ve actually impressed me....' He had the right to say it to her this time, but never again would she let him. Dru turned her attention to her 'lucky' coin, her token. Yes, this would work. No one would expect a simple copper nel to be a token of a-well he was exactly an immortal now was he...? The coin gave her multiple ideas about what she could do with it.

Then she too disappeared into the crowd in a different direction than Djas went. Dru has some things to get done, making a mental list as she went. Leaving the crowd who had watched the two's exchange very confused. None knew what had just happened. Had it been some sort of act of improve? Or had the two people bickering been serious? All they could do is shrug and shake their heads.

Adruria made her way to a jeweler's stall, although she enjoyed a bit of jewelry crafting herself. She needed this perfect, and while the man at the stall looked bewildered at her request her coin purse shut him up. A silver fitting was tightly placed around the copper nel she had reluctantly given the man. To the fitting two silver chains were added creating a simple body chain the token held firmly ay the center. Dru watched every move try to remember how this was done. Once finished the jeweler handed the piece of jewelry back to her. After paying the man she was off (token hidden safely away) making her way home.

ooc

6gn for the chains, couldn't find a price on a fitting
word count: 374
Whisper
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Prophet
Profession: Storyteller
Renown: 394
Plot Notes
Office
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

You're Welcome!

pending
word count: 1
Whisper
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Prophet
Profession: Storyteller
Renown: 394
Plot Notes
Office
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

You're Welcome!

Adruria

Awarded Points

These points can/cannot be spent in magic

Awarded Knowledge

Acrobatics:Graceful Movements
Dancing: More than just Twirling
Dancing: Men Normally Lead
Dancing: Requires Grace
Persuasion: Asking for a Coin
Djas: Mortalborn
Djas: Can't Dance
Djas: Treats Me Like a Child

Awarded Extras

Loot & Losses Injuries
Body Chain: 12gn None
Reknown Devotion
None None

Oberan

Awarded Points

These points can/cannot be spent in magic

Awarded Knowledge

Detection: the look of a Naerikk
Detection: spotting a person of interest in a crowd
Acrobatics: Holding an odd pose
Acrobatics: Maintaining balance without moving
Acrobatics: Living Statue
Acrobatics: Dodging Thrown Pebbles
Acrobatics: Minimalist movements
Unarmed Combat: Novices are unpredictable
Stealth: Colorful uniforms draw attention
Adruria: Odd Naerikk

Awarded Extras

Loot & Losses Injuries
None None
Reknown Devotion
None None
[/color]
[/color]

Comments

Heya both - this was a lovely thread, though I noted that you could have more Skill Knowledge if you want, Adruria - the Non-Skill Knowledge doesn't count as part of your 8. If you would like more, please PM me :)

If you have any questions, comments or criticism about your review, feel free to send me a PM and we can discuss it.
Thank ye.
word count: 201
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Western: Etzos”