• Out of Character • Let The Next Issue be Raised!

For all your OOC chat and venting

This area is unmoderated. Please click on "Forum Rules" at the top of this page or go to the "Unmoderated Areas" forum to see the rules for playing here.

Moderator: Basilisk Snek

Maltruism
General Staff
Race: Prophet
Profession: "Mastermind"
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Let The Next Issue be Raised!

"Let The Next Issue be Raised!"
Welcome to the Etzos OOC forum! This is the place to make all your observations and complaints, so I can duly ignore them. ;)

You can also post links to pertinent or simply amusing things.
I will make Etzos-related announcements here, but they will all be of an OOC variety.

This is not an RP forum, though there will probably be posts involving RP subjects.

For instance, announcements and links for newly completed locations, the advance notice of moderated quests, even amusing RL stories that I hope to bore you to death with, are all likely entries to be dumped here.

But don't let me have all the fun! You are invited to match my self-indulgent drivel with all the half-baked verbal delirium you can contrive to heave up on the page as well.
word count: 143
Maltruism
General Staff
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Sweet! :D
My first actual in-game victims!!
Lakia and Delta. Master and Slave.
Sorry, but Narric is far more safely ensconced in the city's outer perimeter, not in the actual claws of the howling wilds.
So his predicament is considerably less perilous.
Once you have decided where you will be encamped in relation to the city, I can consider what sort of unexpected developments you may have to deal with.
Naturally, I could mod something for you, since there is not a great deal of competition for my time.
word count: 90
Basilisk Snek
Developer - Staff (TL)
Developer - Staff (TL)
Renown: 10
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

Oh, I think we'll be asking you to mod for us for sure, Mal. >:)
word count: 15
Maltruism
General Staff
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

For your consideration:

The Bounty Board does not list every conceivable bounty hunter type of job that might be available in Etzos. If you have an idea of your own, feel free to drop me a PM about it. Most likely, I will have no objection, or will at least be able to give you a slightly altered version that will by-pass this objection.

I envision the Bounty Board as being a gathering place for anyone in town that has a request for assistance of this sort. Any tough-looking PC looking over the board is likely to be approached by some poor soul lacking the skills to take justice into their own hands.

I may or may not play some part in the adventure.

Pay for the job, however, WILL be decided by me...Sorry. :lol:
word count: 137
Jachiel
Approved Character
Race: Human
Renown: 95
Character Sheet
Personal Journal

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Some water related questions that came up in my head as I was working on posts:

1. Does it rain enough in Etzos for that to keep the crops watered, or is it necessary to irrigate them to keep them going (presumably via irrigation channels from the river)?

2. Does the reservoir and hoist system run out into the farmland at all? If not, where do the animals and farmers get their drinking etc water from?

3. Is the river tidal, and if so is it just the current that changes, or is there a tidal bore to look out for?

4. What goes in eventually comes out. What sort of sewage system does Etzos have? Surface or underground? Contained for processing or just running straight into the river?
word count: 129
Maltruism
General Staff
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Good questions all.

Etzos is in a basically temperate zone, so it's not often that there are drought conditions.

Still, there would definitely be irrigation available to have been dug from the river to any farm site west of the city.
However, some might opt to bring water from the river and use rain barrels and such, because aukari raiders do like to slip in and poison the irrigation channels from time to time.

I would be inclined to say that there is no tidal effect so far up the river as Etzos.
If you check item #7 in Out and About, Foster's Bay may have some tidal reach, but it would hardly travel upstream that far.

There IS a sewage channel, but mostly only the wealthy and influential are able to afford access to it. A separate "reservoir" serves as a holding tank, which is flush drained every so often into a conduit that empties into the river well south of the city. Common folk simply have their privy buckets emptied into wagons which are carted to the river and dumped, usually by those serving some sort of crime sentence. These carts are taken out the East Gate now and then to be washed, as this is the location of the stables and mount training area, and tends to be rather pungent anyway.
word count: 226
Maltruism
General Staff
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Well, it is that time again...

The character registry is up for those abiding and surviving in and around Etzos during the coming Hot Cycle. Please fill out an entry before you get going too aggressively in plots therein.

I know there are some that only just registered during the last week of the Rebirth Cycle.
Don't know what to tell ya. You are certainly welcome to register again. I have a link to the Rebirth Cycle there if you want to just copy your previous entry.

WOW!! Special Notice and Kudos to Nimrah for putting hers up before I even finished this!... :lol:
word count: 104
Rosamond
Renown: 32
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Hello, as I'm soon coming here ...

I'm wondering where to post questions about Etzos. (I mean ... many questions :shock: ).

I don't want to totally spam this OOC thread or your mailbox. The general Q&A thread for the whole game doesn't seem like the right place either. Perhaps they could be posted in an Etzos Q&A, but I can't find one. How would it be best to do?
word count: 73
Maltruism
General Staff
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

This topic has served well enough for Q&A purposes thus far.

But you're right, it was not specifically intended for that.

"The Player's Soapbox" is the true intended destination of questions. As is my garbage can... ;)

But you may still post your questions here. I really am fine either way. :D
word count: 53
Rosamond
Renown: 32
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal

Milestones

Miscellaneous

I’ll write it here then. I feared the garbage can.
I'm a setting geek. You will maybe regret that you "offered" to answer here on the OOC ... sorry for this.
Here's a text with some questions in it ...
► Show Spoiler
word count: 673
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Western: Etzos”