• Graded • Show No Mercy

2nd of Cylus 718

This area is unmoderated. Please click on "Forum Rules" at the top of this page or go to the "Unmoderated Areas" forum to see the rules for playing here.

Moderator: Basilisk Snek

Navyri
Approved Character
Race: Naerikk
Profession: Thief
Renown: 348
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 7

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Show No Mercy

"What if I fall?"

Oh but darling
What if you fly?
2nd of Cylus, 718
  • She had almost escaped.

Almost.

The momentum from her struggle gave her enough power to shake the intimidator off but he was ready to keep his victory. His fingers dug painfully into the flesh of her thigh, pulling at the fabric and stopping her progress. Beneath his weight her ribcage was crushed, restricting her breath, "Yes, well," Navyri tried squirm but she was tired. Noth was like a dead weight upon her and with her limbs pinned, there was little room for any counter attack, "Not all of us weigh as much as a house."

She grimaced and tried to shift, her hair being pulled from beneath her shoulder. It was uncomfortable, and the woman hoped to see what options she had but without Curio's help was stuck, "You know," she stretched her fingers but even then they barely graced the mace's handle that rested at Mercy's hip. There was no way she could steal it from his possession, "Naerikk blood is poisonous in prolonged contact. I would advise you go wash your face."

Navyri offered the information with a straight face, observing his red eyes in such close proximity. What was it that made him scary? Was it his dark feathers? The blue tint to his skin? Or the intensity of his gaze? If she had to pick, it was not his features that stuck her as so unnerving, but the way he carried himself - ready to do whatever necessary to dominate his opponents. They were similar in this regard (him more so, apparently) and she would have respected it had she not been reminded of the other Avriel that wanted to control her. If she could not even best Mercy, what was her chances of survival when Garizma found her?

Finally smirking to hide her thoughts, the Naer was interested to see if he had believed her lie.The longer they laid there and the echoes of their attacks faded into silence, the more the fog of battle seemed to dissipate and the tension left her body. Before any uncomfortable silence could fall between them, she patted the ground twice in quick succession. While she would not vocalize it, it was a tap out - a yield, or enough of one to prompt him to roll off her. She would very much like to breathe again, "I'm not serious, you know," Naer blood had plenty of curious properties, but toxicity was not one, "Look."

Relieved when he lifted himself from her, she took a deep breath, and then sat up, bringing her ankle close, "It's just shadow. A temporary spill before it rejoins me or the darkness in this room." Tightening her jaw, she dipped her finger into the ripped leather of her boot, her finger coated in the blackened substance, "In darkness," If one looked very close, they might notice tendrils of the liquid shifting in the dim light of the torches, as if reaching for a home, "I can regenerate."

"If I was to rest in my quarters, there might not be any trace of your attack by morning. But you knew this, did you not, Naer-Slayer?"

Navyri was smirking, watching him with eyes that burned with pride and curiosity. Was her race not an almost divine creation? And now she had wing. In time, she would grow to be a force to be reckoned with, "So," the dark haired woman began inspecting the damage of her shoe, and then gave a sigh of disappointment as she ran fingertips over the damage, "When you came here, were you looking for me, or was it a pleasant surprise?" 
word count: 621
"At last. It has been too long since I have walked the face of this world. Too long have I been locked there, awaiting my champion to release me. My champion... This is you, daughter of Audrae. You have, whether knowingly or not, released me from my self imprisonment, and are here to fulfill the destiny I have seen written in the tapestry of nature. You, daughter of Audrae's daughter, will be my foothold in this world." - Belaera to The Nightingale, after the 600 arc imprisonment
Noth
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Monster
Renown: -370
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Show No Mercy

The fact that he had managed to pin the girl underneath him seemed to do little to ruin her resolve to continue fighting, and in fact, it felt almost as if though she were intensifying her efforts as time went on. Naturally, he recognized that the more logical reasoning behind this was that he was gradually losing much of his stamina, and growing increasingly slower and weaker as the battle went on. The entire reason that he had chosen to simply lay atop her instead of pummeling her with additional blows was made with the knowledge that to continue wailing upon her whilst contained and weighed down by his metallic carapace would certainly exhaust him far faster than if he simply used the additional weight it granted him to hold her in place.

He listened to her as she spoke underneath him, his face close enough to her own that he could hear every exhalation of breath as it was forced free from her pressed lungs. She spoke of the immense weight pressing down on her, and elicited something of a weak chuckle from the Avriel who humorously responded in kind with,
“I blame the armor.” He could feel her stretching out her appendages underneath him, though he was certain that she was simply attempting to slide her way out, and didn’t even consider the possibility that she might be reaching for his mace. Had she managed to take hold of it, he would immediately have lost much of his advantage, and whilst it was true that she likely had next to no training with the implement, it was not as if though it were a complex weapon.

She spoke further of how Naerikk blood was poisonous in prolonged contact, and he immediately began to question the validity of such a statement. It seemed so inherently falsified that he was quick to believe it had been fabricated, but he assumed that he really did know little of Naerikk physiology, and the fact that they were presumably composed mostly of shadowy substances did little to appease his disquieted mind. He imagined the substance leaking into his crimson eyes, and rotting them away until he was entirely unable to perceive anything. Could the necromancers in his employ manage to fix such damage? Was dead tissue not within the realm of things that they could coerce and bend to their will? What if he were legitimately blinded? How would he manage to accomplish his goals?

The only calming thought was the word ‘prolonged’ in her sentence, and he felt himself internally keeping track of the exact number of trills that had managed to pass, determined not to allow it to exceed a certain point of a few bits lest the strange claim prove true. Another question slipped into his mind, appeasing it temporarily: Would Navyri do such a thing in the midst of a friendly spar? Certainly, the fight that had just been exhibited was far more vicious than those typically found in the sparring rings of companions, but the fact that neither of them were bleeding profusely from vital organs, or had suffered any extreme or permanent damage seemed to hint at the fact that they had attempted to avoid such weaknesses in their combat. Nevertheless, the both of them were born of savage lineage, and it would not be so out of the ordinary for one or the other to give in to that innate and natural viciousness that defined their species.

Gradually, the room seemed to grow ever-increasingly still as time crept onwards, the efforts of the Naer stifled in her attempts at escape, and the Avriel atop her far too conservative in energy to capitalize upon the pinned position of his captive, choosing instead to simply preserve the status quo. Crimson eyes observed with predatory delight as her hand raised up briefly, and then patted against the ground twice in the universal signal of surrender, and immediately he rolled off of her, laying upon the floor and shutting his eyes for an instant as he attempted to regain both his clarity and his energy. Her voice rang in his head once more as she stated that the blood was, in fact, not poisonous in nature, and he elicited a brief sigh of relief, stifling the escaping noise halfway as though he didn’t wish to allow any hint of it to reach her.

She called his attention to something, and he opened his eyes once more, rolling onto his side so that he could gaze at her wounded foot. She explained that the ‘blood’ that had poured forth from her was actually shadow; a confirmation on the physical makeup of their species, and she almost casually put her finger into the pooled mess of shadow, showing it to him. It was fascinating how her blood; it was difficult to think of it as shadow the same as that upon the wall, shifted and moves ever-so-slightly in reaction to the torches nearby, how it seemed to retreat away from them to the more shadowy corners. She spoke further of how if she were left alone in the darkness, she would be fully capable of recuperating, and the Avriel raised an eye, curious as to the extent of that ability.

“Could you regrow detached limbs, or simply heal wounds?” She spoke of how if she had rested in her quarters, there would be no sign of the spar, and something about her words reminded him of the stinging wound upon his cheek which began to ache with fervent intensity, as though it were summoned back into conscious thought by his brief consideration of it. Slowly, a feathered finger crept upwards to the cheek, wiping away the residual blood that had pooled upon the wound, and allowing fresher blood to leak out of the crevasse within his flesh. For a single trill, he was jealous of the ability, wondering how he might take it for himself, or else find a suitable alternative to accomplish the same thing, but the feeling quickly vanished into ether as he composed his more vicious thoughts.

“I will admit an ignorance on the topic. I’ve never managed to observe a Naer healing. The few that I have slain were killed quickly, far too quickly to ever attempt retreat.” He blinked, as though considering something, an apologetic look crossing his crimson eyes for an instant before dissipating back into the heartless brutality that usually accompanied such declarations of murder. “That is fascinating. Does it hurt when it heals? I know you feel pain, but… to what extent?” He questioned with unbridled curiosity, listening intently to whatever answers would be provided by the shadowy specter.

“Ah.” He smiled as she questioned why he had come, assorted reasoning flooding back into his mind. “I did come for a reason, though I wouldn’t for a moment insinuate it wasn’t a pleasantry to see you again.” He grinned wickedly, as though he took great humor in the sarcastic playfulness of his statement, and throughout, his tone was peaceable and friendly in a way that it was often not. “Yes. A pair of reasons, actually. First and foremost, however, I have an item that I would like you to appraise for me. Something that I acquired after slaying a beast from beyond our reality.” He pushed himself upwards from the ground with a sigh, stretching his limbs as he arose and strode over to his helmet, and what appeared to be a small baggie hidden underneath it, presumably planted when he had set it down before the sparring match.

The gem rolled easily out of the bag, and he presented its brilliance immediately to the expert thief, palm opened so that she could easily pluck it from his grasp for better examination if she so desired.

“What do you make of it? I believe it served as a way of seeing for the creature, though, I could not be certain of it.”
word count: 1336

Credit to Pegasus

As a note: Noth is a Grandmaster in Intimidation. That means that he's at least as scary as the Count from Sesame Street. Beware.

"The tyrant confuses those he can't convince, corrupts those he can't confuse, and crushes those he can't corrupt." - Anonymous
Navyri
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Show No Mercy

"What if I fall?"

Oh but darling
What if you fly?
2nd of Cylus, 718
  • He didn't want to believe her, she could tell.

But there was always that game of chance - the risk of being wrong. Navyri knew the value of eyesight and the threat losing it posed. It made one helpless. Naer were fabled liars, but they were also renowned for their cruelty. It would not be past the scope of possibilities to believe that she could have committed such a dirty move. In fact, if Noth had been her enemy, she would have eagerly.

The leader did not hold her deceptions against her, wiping away the blood and moving on to the next topic of interest - her healing powers, "I don't know.... I've regrown my eyes before, but that... that was very different. I try not to get mortally wounded or maimed. you know. I'm a vain, selfish being in that regard." she was smirking at this, easily delighted by the idea of her own beauty. It was a source of pride - a rite of passage in her culture. 

He found this fascinating, and while she watched him, her brows furrowed when a strange look flitted over his features. It seemed... like... Regret? No... The Prince of Mercies hardened once again and Navyri leaned back, stretching out her legs before her to alleviate her discomfort, "I am appealing in this form because of the pain I endured as a child. The more tattoos a Naer has, the more promising her illusion. It helps me fit in. Attracts prey." Mates and men alike. 

She grinned deviously and then reached up to untie her hair, combing her fingers through the dark locks, "I feel pain as much as any living thing does, I suppose. My flesh is still a weakness. It makes me slow and eventually my tattoos will fade." With deft hands, she began to sperate her hair into sections, braiding it with ease, "When that happens, my shadow will slowly bleed out, and I will be unable to fit in... Not that the wings have helped much."

Ah.

Mercy must have killed any Naer quicker than most. 

Had he left any opportunity for retaliation, even in retreat, her race had the capacity to break minds when fleeing, or at the very least - take away existence for a time. If weak of mind, Mercy would have known nothing but darkness.

She was pondering this while grooming, glancing up with a grin when Noth went along with her joke. Of course! She was amazing! Truly, it was hardly a jest at all. With a soft laugh, her fingers froze at the request that she appraise something. Something... valuable? Watching the half breed reach into her pocket, a sharp desire to see it struck her. Navyri quickly tied off her hair with the piece of found ribbon that had been managing it previously, and sat up straighter, her blue eyes like a radar, honing in on the items location before he could even reveal it. She simply... knew.

"A beast from beyond our reality? Explain."

The gem was brilliant - so... beautiful. She had to bite her tongue to keep from snatching it from him, such was the desire to! Why was she being so... greedy? But... why not! Look at that thing! There it was! There it was! Noth handed it over and a great relief flooded her, her breath hitching in her throat, "Interesting." Navyri suddenly felt at peace, not hungry, not tired. She savored it for a moment and held it up to the light, her thumb running over its surface.

It almost reminded her of glass, but had no imperfections and was a lovely green. It could be quite valuable indeed, maybe made by a master craftsman, but she did not believe it was man made... Or at least not by anyone of this generation or realm... Magic? Taking it to Marrow would have been the right choice, had it been from an art he recognized, unless there was another reason?

"This is a very expensive... maybe priceless. I have seen jewels. But this... is something special."

Beyond our reality.

Navyri had been to a place such as this, had seen the monsters lurking and the curious trinkets in such places. She had such a thing from Delroth himself - although it had only aided her once (and it was hardly an aid at all! Making her float into a pit!), and she had not quite figured out its use since, other than a lovely piece of jewelry. It was possible this item was similar, maybe not connected to the Divine, but she was willing to bet she was the "expert" of such things, as one of the few (only?) members of Al'Angyryl who had been marked twice and been to the Misty Miasma. There was always more to learn.

"What kind of creature was this beast? What powers did it have?" 

The Naer lifted the gem to her eye and began scouring the room, looking for any unusual details. As she turned her head while Noth talked, she came up short. 

Curio was glowing. 
word count: 862
"At last. It has been too long since I have walked the face of this world. Too long have I been locked there, awaiting my champion to release me. My champion... This is you, daughter of Audrae. You have, whether knowingly or not, released me from my self imprisonment, and are here to fulfill the destiny I have seen written in the tapestry of nature. You, daughter of Audrae's daughter, will be my foothold in this world." - Belaera to The Nightingale, after the 600 arc imprisonment
Noth
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Show No Mercy

"It is the fool who puts faith in false saviors." - Blind Guardian Common

The twilight hybrid listened rather intently to the answers given to him by the Naer, especially when she began to speak of how she had regrown various portions of her body in the past. That seemed to be a quality of interest to the Avriel, and he immediately began to question whether or not some manner of serum could be derived from the shadowy umbra that composed much of her being. It was not that he was seeking to find a use for the Naer beyond her talents; she had already proven to be a fairly useful person even in her short time with them, but rather he questioned how her presence might allow him to make the soldiers under his command better. Surely, if they could isolate the regenerative qualities of her blood and distill it into a serum to be injected into a wound, then they would have an edge over any Black Guard who dared cross them. It was frustratingly evident, however, that the hybrid himself knew little of the medical and alchemical properties that would be required in such a transaction of qualities, and so he simply resigned the thought to the back of his mind, and focused upon the matters at hand.

She briefly jested on how she was vain and selfish for desiring to avoid being mortally wounded, and that elicited something of a harrumph from the Avriel, a notice of humor granted in perhaps the gruffest way possible. She proceeded to elaborate upon her vanity, making it known to Noth that the reason for her appealing features, and, ostensibly the reason behind any of the Naerikk’s beauty as a species was because of the tattoos that they had etched into their flesh. That seemed fascinating to the Avriel, and he immediately took greater notice of those few fleshly markings which were visible to his crimson eyes, observing their patterns for any hint or semblance of the divine or the arcane that would accentuate her report.

“I don’t suppose you eat them?”
He noted sarcastically as she spoke of drawing prey. It was, naturally, a joke, though it served to answer an ulterior question as well. If the Naer really were man-eaters, then he really did need to know so that he could provide them with meals in future circumstances. The idea of cannibalism was not something at all appealing to the Avriel, but given his tendency to murder and slay, it would be hypocritical to disapprove of the predatory tendencies and habits of the more savage races and entities.

Crimson eyes locked onto her hands as they went about the process of gently combing through her hair, paying rapt attention to the flow of each individual lock as it was maneuvered to and fro by her fingers. She really was a rather appealing specimen, though the analytical glint in his reddish eyes matched the internal monologue he held, questioning how much of her hair was really composed of shadow, or whether it was actually all made of a dark substance.

Navyri further mentioned that as time passed, her tattoos would begin to fade, and it was insinuated that the power derived from them would be abandoned to the ether. She would be exposed rather blatantly as the shadowy entity she was, and would promptly lose any ability to fit in where she desired. “Of course, you’d always be welcome here if such a thing were to occur. Shadowy form or not.” He offered consolingly, the out-stretched branch of kindness held by a tyrannical and vicious hand.

Finally, the conversation shifted to one of the two topics for whence he had come, and he promptly unveiled the gem from its cloth prison, modeling it within his hand for her to see. He outstretched his hand, and took notice of how quick she was to remove it from his grasp with a devilish smirk of his own. She stated what he had already assumed, that it was a very expensive and valuable gem; that could be derived even by his inexperienced eyes by the sheer size and beauty of the piece, though he did take note of the mention that it was special. That seemed to imply that it was unique. Such a revelation was not necessarily shocking, especially given the origin of the gem, but it did mean that there had likely never been another person capable of slaying an otherworldly creature such as the one he had managed to kill. Where the shadowy woman felt pride in her beautiful appearance, the Avriel felt some semblance of the same in his capacity for murder, though, it was a dark sensation, the sort that a person receives when they recognize that they have managed to discover the deepest pit in existence, and promptly realize that they cannot remove themselves from their pit.

“It was humanoid in appearance. It was capable of shifting around the area of reality where it was placed, though I do not know if it possessed that power, or if it derived it from Cassion; I’m sure you’re aware of who he is.”
He paused, recalling the features to his mind. “This was one of her eyes, I believe, though it was different than the others. She… it was feminine, could look at you no matter where you were, and even if she was facing someone else, it was like she was staring at you.”

“We were in a realm that she ran in some place beyond existence, competing for a prize that I neither needed nor desired. I was forced to do… terrible things, things worse than even my usual cruelty, and I do not deceive myself into believing that that is a light matter.”
Crimson eyes met her own, glaring into them for any indication, or sign… of what, he was not certain. “When the contest had come to an end, and all other contestants had been shunted off to their respective places, I approached the Gamekeeper. I made a motion to outstretch my hand to her, a movement of mutual respect.” He shifted his gauntleted hand forward, acting out the scene. “She accepted, and I shattered her into a thousand pieces, I tore apart her reality with a simple handshake. When I awoke, I was on a beach in Scalvoris, and this gem was there with me.”

He took notice of the way she suddenly paused in her turning, and leaned besides her, his tale having come to its conclusion. Had she managed to spot an error in the otherwise flawless gem? He gazed through it, and became aware of a glowing shape, that of what he believed was an owl perched atop a nearby rock. A quick glance beyond the confines of the gem revealed that there was no creature present, and immediately his mind went to work, attempting to decipher the problem.

“I don’t suppose you see the Owl?”

word count: 1173

Credit to Pegasus

As a note: Noth is a Grandmaster in Intimidation. That means that he's at least as scary as the Count from Sesame Street. Beware.

"The tyrant confuses those he can't convince, corrupts those he can't confuse, and crushes those he can't corrupt." - Anonymous
Navyri
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Show No Mercy

"What if I fall?"

Oh but darling
What if you fly?
2nd of Cylus, 718

"Eat them?" Navyri grinned, delighted in the how many rumours really were about her kin. It seemed each arc she learned something new about the Naerikk, "Well, I suppose that depends entirely on how delicious they are." Wrinkling her nose, Navyri let the topic change easily, watching Noth from the corner of her eyes at his next offer.

Of course, you’d always be welcome here if such a thing were to occur. Shadowy form or not.

Her grin softened to a smirk and she hummed in acknowledgement, the offer seemingly so out of place for one so intimidating. Curious, she thought. Mercy was a unique creature, having threatened her so confidently upon her recruitment and yet she had done so very little to prove herself and he offered her refuge. Surely he was doing so to keep her loyalty. Was she so easily swayed?

These thoughts paused when she watched her familiar; Noth noticing her pause looked through the glass for himself. She had to stop herself from snatching the gem away, unsure with how he would react to the creature's presence. Curio was her secret - her friend and the only other thing she had consistently loved besides herself. To have him discovered put him at risk - more so if Mercy used him against her and decided to not be so merciful after all.

'I don’t suppose you see the Owl?'

She stayed quiet for a moment, softly sighing and holding out a hand, the Gravokian rolling off her tongue like warm honey, "Curio, come say hello." With her other hand, she held up the gem to give back to the Avriel, switching to Common, "I see him always. He is... a part of me." To say anything else felt wrong. They shared thoughts, emotions, visions. The avian was an extension of her, as much as a guardian; They had not been separated in the entirety of their time together - 39 arcs when he had mysteriously appeared after her sails were filled with a wind that would change the course of her life forever.

Without the owl, it felt as if she had lost a piece of herself. Her mind felt empty, lonely, "Curio is a familiar... a spirit...I think." Without the lens of the emerald gem, he appeared as he always did her. Mundane but lovely, he did not glow in any magical manner, "Perhaps we have learned what your monster could see after all." Curio was watching from a distance, still displeased with the half breed and she had to mentally command him again before he revealed himself to the naked eye and flew effortlessly to perch upon her wrist.

He shied away onto Navyri's shoulder, watching Noth with the intense stare of a predator, only breaking it to try to nibble on the Naer's ear as if steal her attention. She turned her head, trying to pinch his beak between her thumb and forefinger affectionately, still talking to Mercy, "Have you not seen anything else with it?"
word count: 521
Noth
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Show No Mercy

The way that the Naer answered his questions in regards to her cannibalistic pursuits seemed answer enough to the hybrid that she didn’t actually engage in any of the activities that Mammon pursued. Even if she had been guilty of consuming human flesh, she would not have been guilty of consuming the entirety of a person in the same way as that monstrous entity was capable. Of course, another fascinating question was raised on whether it would be cannibalism at all since she herself was not human, and so she would not be the same species as the others anyway. An ethical conversation for another time.

In truth, he almost felt ashamed that he had even bothered to ask if she had eaten people. That was not something that most persons engaged in, only those who sought to gain some power from the act, or those who were mentally deranged enough to believe that it brought them closer to whatever deities they sought. The rumors which surrounded her entire race made it difficult to extract information from all of the lies which permeated her species like a rather harsh perfume. He could understand that issue on a personal level given that he was rather blatantly an Avriel. His own kind were often regarded as foolish and proud to a fault, incapable of complex thought, and resorting only to the innate savagery that pulsed within their avian blood. Of course, the hybrid didn’t entirely think such rumors were incorrect, but they were nevertheless rather annoying when decisions were made with them in mind.

The Avriel found himself captivated by the sudden appearance of what appeared to be an ethereal owl in their midst. His thoughts ran with questions on what the creature could possibly be, for it was clear that it was not merely a beast of the wild. No, perhaps it was some form of spirit much like his own, or perhaps it was a construct of the Immortals which had been sent to spy upon them. Delroth in particular was rather fond of using birds for his work, and the presence of an invisible owl seemed to hint that his involvement was quite plausible. Eventually, however, the Naer spoke in her foreign tongue, the words rolling off of her like warm silk before speaking to him in a more familiar language. The gem was also summarily planted back into his palm, and he found himself holding it much in the same way that an investigator holds a looking glass, afraid to allow the owl out of his sight lest it suddenly vanish. She identified the being as being something that was always with her, something which was connected to her. So then, he concluded, it was an entity much like his own spirit, although it seemed to be somewhat less… mentally capable than his own dominative beast.

She spoke once more, citing that she believed the being was a spirit; a conclusion that Noth had already come to, but which was happily proven true. She further noted that they had likely identified what the entity that he had faced on his journey had been capable of seeing. Of course, it seemed incredibly logical now that they had determined the function that the being would be capable of seeing through the invisible and locating any spirit beings which might assist their masters throughout the contest. After all, it had been a game, and it would have been an unfair advantage to some of the competitors to have access to such beings. The fact that he had denied his own dominative beast for so long had perhaps saved him from much trouble, because had it been present, there was a fair chance that it would have been dispelled away from him, and the ritualistic sacrifice which had bound them would have needed to be committed once again.

“No, I’ve not been inclined to walk about with a gem that size in front of my face.” He smirked briefly, nodding towards the offending gem. “There are other criminal gangs in the world, you know, and Prince or not, I am only one man.” Casually, he would step back over to his armet, settling the gem back into the pouch from whence it had come, sheathing it away from the world. “I do suppose that explains a lot of how you managed to find this place, hmm?” He questioned, his thoughts flickering to each and every moment he had spent with the Naer, wondering if there were subtle hints or motions that might have revealed the truth far sooner, and yet, who could be blamed for missing the ministrations of an invisible bird?

“Worry not, Naer. You are not the only one of us here with such an entity.” He smiled briefly at the revelation. “Nevertheless, the gem and its abilities were not the only thing which I had wanted to discuss, though I will be brief. There will come a time quite soon when Al’Angyryl will be making a move against Etzos. Amidst the chaos, we will have need for a… talented warrior such as yourself to eliminate a very specific target.” He reached down for his helmet, cradling it in his hands.

“I need you to kill Captain Segrille of the Black Guard.”
word count: 886

Credit to Pegasus

Adam Michaels
Approved Character
Race: Human
Renown: 0
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Show No Mercy

Overview

This thread was very good, and there was intricate detail through out it. There was tension in this, you could feel it in the narrative. The Lord of Mercies came off furious yet what was truly frightening was his casual demeanor about it. You both articulated this together in such a way you captivated the essence of a dance on the razors edge in the subtle conversations that alluded to a dangerous spar. I thought that things would have taken a turn for the worst with each post that passed. The combat between you both was fantastic and you both coordinated the fight scenes with seamless transition with a lot of tact and integrity sharing the narrative and making this a huge success in the exchanges, this is a fantastic thread deserving of its over 400 something views.

And Navyri this line was among one of my favorites. It was simple yet eloquently put the setting of Navyris tone for her combat sequences.

But she was a wicked, vain being, and so her submission would not come so easily, "Do you have any idea how difficult it is to break in a good pair of leather boots?"

We spoke on lores Noth, and there are several there for you. I hope you feel better buddy

XP: 15

Loot/Injuries/Overstepping

Noth Loot.
Navyri Loot:
Noth Injuries; Minor bruise on face.
Navyri Injuries; Minor cut on leg.
Renown : 10 The Lord of Mercies stays his hand, Navyri lives to tell the tale.

Knowledge

-
Whips: A Versatile Weapon
Whips: How to Avoid Backlash
Endurance: Being Crushed by Someone Heavier
Unarmed Combat: Knowing When To Fight Dirty
Unarmed Combat: Finding Openings in Plate Armor
Unarmed Combat: Watch Out For Claws & Talons
Unarmed Combat: Striking with Wings of Steel
Unarmed Combat: Keep Your Defenses Up
Unarmed Combat: Bid Your Time to Combat Exhaustion
Strength: Required for Facing Heavy Opponents
Deception: Use Ignorance to Your Advantage
Deception: Play Against Someone's Fears

Non-skill
Wings of Steel (Tarouz): Defense and Offense
Wings of Steel (Tarouz): Sharp As Razors, Sturdy as Steel
Wings of Steel (Tarouz): Doesn't Hurt to Use
Covetous Covenant (Tarouz): Gives Awareness to A Marked Item's Location
Covetous Covenant (Tarouz): Makes You Very Obsessive
Covetous Covenant (Tarouz): Capable of Satisfying Needs
Noth: Knows of Curio
Noth: Has a Very Valuable Gem
Noth: A Vicious Fighter
Noth: Wants You To Be His Assassin
Etzos: Al'Angyrl Base

Noth

Tactics; Knowing your physical strengths
Tactics; Knowing your physical limitations.
Tactics; Taking time to understand the strengths and weaknesses of different weapon types.
Tactics; Deliberately choosing weaponry based on your adversarys strengths and weaknesses
Tactics; Acknowledging your enemies strengths.
Tactics; Acknowledging your enemies weaknesses
Leadership; Staying ones hand against an insubordinate
Please make sure your review request is marked as complete and put a stamp in your review request!

Your review request is: here

word count: 489
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Western: Etzos”