• Memory • Into Blue

Qit arrives in Scalvoris and meet's Nalin

Almund is a thriving township with a dark side. With houses made from the wooden bodies of decommissioned ships, there are many opportunities here, coupled with many dangers.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Nalin Marit
Race: Human
Renown: 50
Character Sheet
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Into Blue

Nalin Marit
13th of Ashan of the 717th Arc
[/b][/googlefont]
"Common" "Common Sign" "Scalveen"
The bloom was acting up quite a bit to-trial. He had taken far more breaks during his serving job than normal. On top of that, he still had one more job to go to. Right now, on top of itching, it burned. To the point that there were a few times that he almost turned around and smacked a customer when he felt someone go to reach for his shoulder.

Why was it flaring up to-trial? Why couldn't it just leave him alone?! He took a deep breath and looked up at the sky, light still gracing the skies with it's presence. Clutching his fist he started walking towards the docks. He needed to take a moment. Maybe splash some water on it, see if it calms down. Or just a place to take off his jacket and shirt, because he didn't really like people seeing the black mass that was spreading on his collar bone.

With white knuckles, and an even paler face, he just kept going. Past the dock, past the beach, to a cape, rocky and almost unsafe for those not used to it. But he often came to this cape to be alone. It was rare to find people here... Especially on a chilly Ashan evening, this soon after Zi'Da. Even after it got dark he'd have a bit of time.

Looking around slowly, he took a deep breath and slipped out of his top. Shoving a bit of it in his pants so that it was kind of hanging from his waist so that he wouldn't lose it. He looked down at his white clothing. Colored a bit tan or cream over the years with dirt that hadn't been managed to be washed out. But that was okay. It still looked mostly nice.

What didn't look nice was the bloom. Ink bloom, the dreadful disease that he had feared since he was a child. A hand slowly reached up and touched it gently. Hi wince and even let a bit of a snarl out. "Fek!" He yelled shakily and dropped his hand to his side. A grimace maring his feminine face. He shivered a bit as some of the biting wind blew past him. Though he turned to make sure it was blowing against his diseased flesh.

When he looked up though, he froze, seeing a woman standing there in front of him. Opening his mouth and then closing it, he couldn't find words. Too shocked, he'd checked. He had CHECKED yet, right there, was a woman that he'd completely missed. Shaking his head he scrambled and tried to grab his shirt, only to fumble with it and drop it on the rocks. Bending down, he picked it up and slipped it back on, he looked quite shaken. Had she seen? She had to have seen. He looked away from her. Afraid of judgement. Afraid of fear. Afraid of pity.

"Did.... see?" He asked, it sounded like he was mumbling with the crashing of the sea so loud, but he hadn't actually said you. He was still struggling with common. He seriously needed to get to studying harder. It was actually hurting his job capabilities. Though at this moment, it didn't matter. He just looked over the woman and blinked. Wondering what she was doing here. And what was with her clothing? She had almost none, also, was that a spear? He blinked as he re-looked over her. Had she come from another land? So many questions ran through his mind.
word count: 617
Qit'ria
Approved Character
Race: Undead (Ghost)
Profession: Huntsman
Renown: 344
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Into Blue

Common Text
Xanthean Text
Kashehino Text

"Sorry ladies and gents, there ain't any room at the docks right now. The 'arbormaster says could be tentrial before their schedule opens up space. Settle in, it's gonna be a dull one."

Qit'ria scowled at the first mate that was speaking. The journey from Nekhet hadn't been terribly long, but Qit'ria was not built for ships. Her stomach had emptied itself two to three times a trial during the journey. She was done with being on this ship, she was not about to wait a moment longer. She could see the shore. It was right there. She went below deck, to the crate with her belongings, and picked out her mother's longbow. The bow Qit'ria hadn't been able to bring herself to use. She wasn't a good enough huntress.

It was a beautiful bow, carved from the bone of some creature her mother had killed. Qit'ria checked the wrappings on it, designed to protect it from water, as she hefted it out, and secured it to her back with her javelins. She secured the crate, and returned topside. Striding right up to the first mate, who eyed her, amused to see that the vomit monster still had fire left in her. "I leave, now. I come get stuff in tentrial. Any missing, I come for you."

She glared fury at the man, who smirked. "Whatever you say lassie."

QIt'ria turned away from the man and approached the rail of the deck. She climbed up on a barrel, then stepped onto the rail. She jumped out and dove outward to the water. It wasn't the most grateful, as she splashed down on her stomach, a bit painful but nothing that the mighty huntress couldn't fight through. She kicked powerfully out behind her, just beneath the surface, swimming in frog style. She breached, and took in a big suck of air, taking the moment to keep the distant shore in her sights. She dipped back down, kicking forward, her eyes exploring the coral and fish filled crystal clear waters beneath her. It was beautiful here.

Eventually she caught the tide, and was spurred on forward with it. And soon, she found the wet sand beneath her feet as she strode out of the water. She was in Scalvoris now. She'd heard from the people in Nekhet that this island was chock full strange and wonderful beasts. But she was here for one in particular, one that had eluded her for a decade. She was here to find her familiar, wherever it may be hiding.

Wet sand and low tide gave way to sun kissed, dry sands, silky smooth. There was a man up ahead, looking around, as if to see if anyone was watching him. But he only checked the area from along the beach and into the grassy sections. He hadn't looked behind him, hadn't looked to the waters. She watched as he removed his shirt and her eyes grew wide. There was a big black splotch on his incredibly pale skin. It was fascinating in a disgusting way. What was it?

It looked as if exposing it to the air brought the man relief. Did it hurt? Did it burn or itch? Was this a disease on this island? She'd certainly never seen anything like it before. So she snuck up on the man, easy in sand, silent in breath, careful in motion, she snuck up on him. She reached out, and touched the black splotchy skin, placing her whole hand flat against it.

The man screamed, and shuddered away from her touch, which brought a teasing smile to her face. She watched as he fumbled with his shirt, stumbling like a drunken fool. He asked if she'd seen. Of course she'd seen, she'd touched him after all. Why ask dumb questions?

"What that? Why hide? Scar is strength."
word count: 666
Nalin Marit
Character Sheet

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Into Blue

Nalin Marit
[/b][/googlefont]
He hissed in pain. Why'd she have to touch it? Now it was burning even more. Her whole hand almost completely covered it. Where she touched burned more than before now. Wincing he turned away from her. Trying not to be angry. He didn't know her, she didn't know his circumstances.

After a moment though, it started really cooling off. He frowned, confused. Then he realized the shirt was wet there. He looked up at her. She was wet? She'd swam? From where? He looked around, sighing before he responded to her.

"No scar.. Disease.. Only family can have.. only male..." He looked up at her. "Not sign of strength. My biggest weakness..." He smiled at the woman slowly.

"It's cool.. You okay?" He looked to her. She was still dripping. "Look pale."

He didn't try to close the distance between them. He didn't want her to touch the bloom again. He didn't like the burn then the cool that the water made happen. There were still spots burning, it was so uncomfortable. He'd come here for a repreve, but now he had to figure out how to handle a... wait. Wasn't her common broken like his. He looked her over again. Did she come from another land? She must have.

Maybe by boat. That must have been how she got here, but then why swim? That was a bit confusing, but it mattered not. "Disease... Called Ink Bloom." He looked away. Why was he telling her. "No worry... Won't affect you.. but.. hurts.. bad."

He pressed his hands together and looked to her again. She was practically naked, did she leave the rest of her clothing on the boat? He looked down and sighed, looking at his shirt again. He wanted to take it off again, he wanted to let his body cool off more. He didn't want the woman to get uncomfortable though. Though.. she just touched it without question. That was a bit.. weird.
word count: 354
Qit'ria
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Into Blue

Common Text
Xanthean Text
Kashehino Text
She listened to him describe his blotch-scar as his greatest weakness, and a teasing smile came to her face as she shook her head in disbelief. "No be stew ped. You have hand. Feet. Scar no weakness. Proud!" She yanked her own shirt up from her mid drift, revealing the base of her tree tattoo, as well as a thin scar right next to the trunk, prominent against her sunkissed skin. Her stomach while not especially toned was a bit thin, overly so, as her ribs were visible.

"Hunt deer when small. Stab me with horn. I stab in neck. It die. I live. Scar mean still live. Still live mean proud."

He then asked if she was okay, called her pale, to which she snorted derisively. "You pale! I brown. Have bad eyes too?" She laughed at her own joke, snorting a bit. She listened as her told her of the disease, which reminded her of her father back home. He was a doctor, as was her brother, though he was abroad when she'd left. Likely back now though. It seemed as though only his family could have this disease. That was good for her, she supposed. She would never catch it. Not that it was that big of a deal. A slightly painful splotch of color? Hardly crippling.

Looking all around, "Scalwhoreus yes? I come on boat, but it in qua. Qor. It not come in yet. Tentrial more. No more wait. Want land under feets. Want real food. No like boatships. No natural. Make me...," she didn't know the Common word, so just indicated with her hands a vomiting action. She moved a bit past the slight of a pale man, looking around, not seeing any trees or indication of a forest. She wanted to hunt. But then she realized all of her gear was still on the ship, aside from her mothers bow and the clothes on her back. "Where get food? I hungry. We share."
word count: 339
Nalin Marit
Character Sheet

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Into Blue

Nalin Marit
[/b][/googlefont]
"Scalvoris yes." He nodded. "Town named Almund." He smiled at her then looked out to sea with wide eyes. "Swam all this way?" He looked her over. "No wonder."

He laughed a bit. "Diseases and scars not same." He looked her over. She had more scars but he wasn't going to ask about them. "No food, but... " He looked around for a moment. "Come with." He turned on his heels and started walking.

"I help you couple days. Hopefully sister no get mad." He looked back at the girl. "You must be nice to Lavender. She not good with stranger's 'kay?" He sighed, he could feel this was going to be a long couple of trials if this woman barely knew him and was actually demanding things of him. "Can't take you home now though. Have to go work. I have you wait in back room there til I done there, will have boss get you food." He looked back at her. Making sure she was following.

"Won't be much, just scraps, but all can do for now." He smiled at her again and just kept walking, though even in all his smiling he couldn't hide that he was still in a bit of pain.
Last edited by Nalin Marit on Wed May 30, 2018 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 225
Qit'ria
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Into Blue

Common Text
Xanthean Text
Kashehino Text

Scalvoris. Easy enough to say. This man's scar was apparently not a scar. Weird. Looked like a scar to her. He started walking away from her, and she followed after him, quick to catch up and match his pace. After all, he was her free food and house until the ship came in. He agreed to her demands, and warned her about his sister. She inwardly scoffed. There were no city people that worried her, this Lavender would find Qit more than able to hold her own against her. But apparently they were off to his work place, and he was going to feed her. That was fine by her, she was hungry.

And so she walked alongside him, looking around in disgust at this city. This man was definitely more pleasant than the city he lived in, even if he was small and weak and weird. This city was... dirty. The architecture was old, used wood everywhere, and was generally just... not aesthetically pleasing. Even the other people in the city were unpleasant. Many of them looked unsavory, like prostitutes and criminals and vagrants and layabouts. People who couldn't hunt for their own food or fight their own battles. It was a terrible first impression.

They arrived at the workplace and Qit'ria looked up at the sign. She couldn't read it, but it belonged to the Siren's Embrace. Qit'ria could hear some soft music being played within, but couldn't place the instrument. It was... pleasant, relaxing. She pushed her way through the doors ahead of Nalin, and found herself in some dark... lounge. There were chaises, couches, and other comfortable seating everywhere, with a wide variety of finely dressed men and women milling about. A very tall, buxom, dark skinned woman approached Qit'ria, "Welcome to the Embrace darling. You look famished, might ol' Likuvia get you something to eat? Or perhaps a drink? Or something... more?"

Qit'ria was hungry, and thirsty, and very much not picking up on the vibes Likuvia was putting down. She looked back to Nalin, "I eat her, yes? You work. I eat." The huntress had never been in a brothel before, and most certainly hadn't realized that she was in one now.
word count: 384
Nalin Marit
Character Sheet

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Into Blue

Nalin Marit
[/b][/googlefont]
What Qit might not have noticed at first were the whores on display in a corner of the room, all sitting together in chairs or what looked like a round couch. The woman that greeted Qit then suddenly turned to Nalin, blinking for a moment, then looked to the Qit with a knowing smile. Before the woman could speak Nalin cut in and grabbed her by the arm.

"Zihida, boss please.. not customer, need help." At that the woman raised her brow now at Nalin. She looked around him at Qit. After a moment she just looked at him, slowly crossing her arms.

"I'm Listening Nalin." Her tone wasn't a pleasant one now, knowing that he was probably going to ask her do something that wouldn't gain her any money. She tapped her foot on the ground as she waited for what he wanted of her.

"Need wait for ship with stuff owns." He nodded back to Qit, his voice low so only Zihida could hear, and takes a slow deep breath. "Forced me help. Please just once feed her? Can be scraps, and keep her in back while working? Only way could think get here on time."

The woman almost laughs and then looks at Qit again before looking to Nalin. "You really need to learn to say no Nalin. Though, this seems to be the first time you've asked for my help. This once, now go sit with the others, I'll take care of her."

Nalin nodded quickly. A clearly thankful look on his face as he quickly moved across the room and moved to sit with the other people that were clearly prostitutes.

The older woman looked at Qit. "Come, I think we have soup you can have, you'll have to stay in the kitchen though." She used a hand to beckon her to follow her to the back. "I'm Zihida, owner of this establishment. Make trouble, you get kicked out, period. Got it?" The woman opened a door for Qit, letting her in and following after her.
word count: 363
Qit'ria
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Into Blue

Common Text
Xanthean Text
Kashehino Text

The moment Nalin took Qit'ria's arm, her reflex kicked in, and she yanked it out of his grip, scowling at him. She never let people just touch her like that, nor did she touch them like that. Excluding when she wanted to, of course. Qit'ria looked around more, now seeing more strangely dressed women in the corner of the darkened room. Their outfits looked both impractical and uncomfortable. Breasts looked as though they were about to burst from the clothing that bound them. How did they breathe? Qit would stick to her simple blouse, not that she had nearly as much endowment as some of these women. And from the looks of things, that was a good thing.

"Nice meet you, Zebra."

She'd missed basically most of what was said prior to that, though she had heard the word soup. She knew soup. She liked soup. She watched as the really pale man walked over to the corner with all the buxom ladies. She wondered if his ugly look was considered beautiful in this land. How else would he have so many women waiting on him? She didn't see him. He was sickly colored and slight. Fragile looking. Qit'ria followed after the woman who led her through a door to a room filled with delicious food smells, and another buxom woman working over a large steaming pot. Were all the women on this island busty and all the mean small and weak? What a strange place.

Qit was gestured toward a stool, and she slipped over it, propping her head upon her palms, elbows on the center island counter. "Soup's almost done love. You's a friend of Nalin's? He's a good boy, takes extra good care of his sister, if ya know what I mean." The woman came over and leaned on the counter as well, giving Qit more than an eyeful of the veiny monstrosities. "So ya new to town? Where's ya from, if ya don't mind my askin?"

"Desnind. Very much south. Big forest. Why you breasts have rivers?"

The woman guffawed at that, "When ya pale like me, and they get so big, ya can see the veins in them. Ya know, where blood in ya is?"

Qit nodded, pretending to understand. She pulled her own blouse outward, looking down at her small, dark breasts. She didn't see any of those veins there, and personally preferred hers the way the were. Looking back up at the woman, "Heavy?"

"Immortals yes they is. Back hurts every day cuz of em. I'm jealous of you petite things, even if many men prefer my goodies, I'd take yours in a heartbeat."

She moved over to the soup and ladled out a couple of bowls. She set it in front of Qit'ria, and she didn't recognize it. "Scalvoris Chowda. Lots of seafoods, potatoes and veggies in a cream base. Y'all love it, I knows it." She handed Qit a large hunk of bread and a wooden spoon. The spoon went ignored as Qit brought the bowl to her lips, and slurped it up. The woman couldn't help but laugh at the sight. Then Qit watched the woman dunk her bread in the soup and eat that. Trying it as well, Qit found it enjoyable, and smiled and nodded at the woman.

"Much good."

The room grew silent for a bit, til the cook got bored. "How many men ya shagged love? A pretty little thing like you could get anyone she wants, especially with that accent of yours. Men always like foreigners best."

Qit just stared with a dead pan look, shaking her head as she didn't understand.

"Ya know... a man... sex? Fucking? Make love? Make baby?"

Qit's eyes grew wide as she finally understood what the woman was getting at, furiously shaking her head.

"Really? That's wonderful. Well have no fear, Mama Moria here will teach you all you need to know about men."

Qit wanted to run off as this woman started her tutorial, but was told to not make trouble, or she'd lose her soup. So, she stayed, as the woman began explaining in very simple, extremely lewd and lascivious terms many things beyond just simple lovemaking, detailing pretty much everything a hooker might learn over a well seasoned career.
word count: 742
Nalin Marit
Character Sheet

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Into Blue

Nalin Marit
[/b][/googlefont]
It was almost 6 breaks later before Nalin came into the kitchen looking for Qit. Nalin looked exhausted, like he'd lifted and carried and done a normal hard trial's work. By then though, Qit was probably quite aware of what type of work Nalin did. Probably in more detail than she really wanted to know. No Zihida didn't specifically tell Qit anything that Nalin did while he worked. She would definitely have gone on for a while about how great sex is and some of the best positons, but she also knew boundaries and would have stopped and started asking other things, like how old Qit was, what she liked to do for fun. Just generally getting a feel for the girl and enjoying her company.

Her eyes would meet Nalin's as he walked in. A big smile on her face as she walked up to him and pulled him into a big hug, though it seemed, quite gentle for a woman so large and burly seeming. She pulled away and smiled at him then at Qit.

"She's such a cutie. Ye need ta bring 'gain. Quite the funny gal if ye ask me. But don't be a pushover Nalin. Ye can't let 'er wrap ye around 'er little finger like Lavender got you."

The woman winked at him and then motioned to Qit that she could stand up. Nalin gave one look at Qit and sighed. It was obvious that Zihida had stepped over some comfort bounds of the girl. It also looked like Zihida had given Qit some alcohol to boot. Great. A rowdy woman on alcohol, that's just what he needed to bring home to Lavender right now. He crossed his arms and sighed.

"Get water, drink full glass, then go. Now."

He waved his hands, Zihida guiding the girl to get her a glass of water, mumbling something under her breath about Nalin being a killjoy. He smirked and laughed a bit. Good. He already knew that this time was going to be difficult as all hell. He didn't want it to be more difficult than it was already going to be.

He stood there patiently waiting as the girls were off in the corner of the kitchen. Watching to make sure that she drank water before coming back to him. He saw that Zihida was whispering something to Qit, but it was so loud in the kitchen he couldn't make it out. He sighed, he better not be trying to give the girl any ideas. That's ALL he needed right this trill.
word count: 453
Qit'ria
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Re: Into Blue

Common Text
Xanthean Text
Kashehino Text

Qit'ria's eyes were wide, her demeanor stricken. She had been shook by all the details the woman had given. She had no idea that... those things could go in those places, or used in those various manners. Even worse, she had learned people enjoyed these things! It was... so difficult to wrap her head around. If anything, she found herself even less willing to explore mating. She'd never done it before, and certainly never planned on it.

Qit'ria drank the water as instructed, eager to leave this woman. And despite being informed on everything on what happens within a brothel, Qit'ria still failed to make the connection that Nalin was a prostitute. Looking at the pale man, "Yes, go now." She pushed past the man and left the kitchen, moving through the main reception area of the brothel. She turned to the door when another woman, tall with an excessively large bust approached, "Sure you don't want a quickie before you go hun? I can make you feel good..."

Qit'ria shook her head, "No! No want tongue in butt!" She pushed past the woman, and finally escaped the brothel into the street, finally able to breath properly. What a strange and uncomfortable place. City people were so weird. Why would you pay to make a baby with someone? And why would you do mating things in ways that couldn't get you pregnant? A man with a man? What did point did that possibly serve? Ridiculous.

She awaited on Nalin in the street, her eyes taking in more details of the town, a habit hard ingrained into the huntress. She was eager to get out of here. And she felt... dirty. She hated this city already. Standing there waiting, people began to walk around the strangely dressed woman standing in the middle of the road, some throwing curses at her, while she was oblivious. One smaller man made a grab for her coin purse, that was secured tight to her loin cloth. Really tight, because Qit'ria never slacked on her knots for anything. This resulted in pulling her hip toward him, while he tried to take off.

Her hand lashed out, grabbing the man by his long hair, yanking it hard back toward her. As he stumbled backwards, she did a sweeping kicked at the backs of his legs, throwing them out from under him. This resulted in the man being tossed to the ground on his back hard. She growled loudly, extremely annoyed at the gall this city had. She jumped on the man's stomach, knees first, with a loud snarl, as she threw an elbow strike against the man's nose. And again. And again, and again, getting out her frustrations and annoyance on his face.

When she stopped, the pickpocket's nose was broken, him groaning in the mud. She stood up, looking down at the weak man and spat on him. "No steal!" She walked away from him, to find Nalin and get the hell out of here.

word count: 517
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Almund”