a coding question

Please note: Answers in this archive may be out of date / things may have changed. Do not take for granted anything older than 6 months old. If in doubt - better to ask again.

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Jedith Skylar
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Inventor
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

a coding question

If this has been asked here in the Questions & Answers section before, then my apologies for not finding it. Moreover, given personal limitations I will have to ask most of my questions in this forum, but I shall attempt to be succinct on each. For those that know the coding parameters, what are the values required to have two style sections side by side? By this I mean having two directly parallel, as if they were two pages in an open book? I hope this is clear; my thanks.
word count: 89
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More than a boy, not quite a man.
Theme song
Credit for this goes to Faith, who found it after hearing aboutJed on chat
About the author
Jedith's writer is blind, and I do mean that in the physical sense... light and dark detection isn't even a reliable thing at this point. As such Dischord isn't an option, and other errors are to be expected. He isn't exactly happy about this, so feel free to point them out when they occur: thanks in advance for them.
Jed's author is seeking someone with working eyes to assist with images: thank you.
Nymph
Prophet of Old
Race: Mer
Office
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

a coding question

Jedith,

You essentially need two styles and manipulate them so they are side-by-side. I know of a CS that used them. That is linked below.

/viewtopic.php ... 947#p20945

The first box would be on the right, represented by the stuff in the style 2 coding. A second style 2 coding down at the bottom is the column on the left. Essentially you leave the bottom style 2 (left box) as simple as it gets and you restrict the parameters of the first style 2 code with width, height, and location by the float:right.

You can ignore the style 3 and style codes as that just helps with pictures and other stuff associated with this CS.
word count: 119
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be then me.
Muse
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

a coding question

Like Nymph said, it's totally possible!

If you'd like someone to build a code for you, you're welcome to send me the parameters you're looking for and I can send you the code to use. I'm happy to help!
word count: 44
Jedith Skylar
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Inventor
Character Sheet
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

a coding question

Sorry for the delay in responding, I had trouble finding the thread for a couple of days. Nymph I particularly appreciate the example, since it will help me figure it out. Muse, that's a very kind offer, and I may take you up on it in a few days.
word count: 50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More than a boy, not quite a man.
Theme song
Credit for this goes to Faith, who found it after hearing aboutJed on chat
About the author
Jedith's writer is blind, and I do mean that in the physical sense... light and dark detection isn't even a reliable thing at this point. As such Dischord isn't an option, and other errors are to be expected. He isn't exactly happy about this, so feel free to point them out when they occur: thanks in advance for them.
Jed's author is seeking someone with working eyes to assist with images: thank you.
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Q&A Archive”