[Soiree] Belle of the Ball

The seven Duchies of Central Rynmere and their respective baronies, cities, towns, villages, and landmarks each overseen by a Duke of one of the seven noble families and ultimately controlled by the King of Rynmere.
Oliver Venora
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Baron
Renown: 100
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

49 Zi'da 717
Observation was the key part of any good host. Observe your guests, figure out what they want collectively, and deliver. Oliver had learned that lesson from his father when he was younger. Manu's seductive Biqaj charm lent to a special way to get people to tell him what they wanted, and always tried his hardest to deliver. Oliver, though, only had his wits and preparations. Looking out over the crowd, he noticed some without drinks of any sort. Nodding at Bria, he angled his head, and off she shot. Smiling, Oliver's eyes danced through the throngs of people, converging and diverging, before landing on the blonde, a glass mostly-full in her hand. From the looks of it, it wasn't her first, nor would it stay long.

Slipping from his roost, Oliver made his way towards the woman, a Burhan daughter by the name of Valeria. Wracking his brain to remember anything about her, the charismatic host stopped just short of her, circling around her to enter her view. As he did so, he catalogued everything he saw, from the perfectness of her blond hair to the shape of her dress. She had tried hard to impress here, and she was very obviously succeeding. Putting on an immaculate grin, Oliver approached her in his white suit, running a hand through trained hair.

"Lady Valeria, yes? Welcome to Notrerevé, I am so glad you could make it. I know the travel from Burhan is not always an easy one, especially at this time of the arc." He smiled politely, offering a strong hand to take hers. In his right hand, the glass of whiskey shook slightly. Looking around, Oliver spotted Bria and nodded, watching the girl dart deftly between guests.

"You look ravishing, my lady." He smiled, noting comfortably the lengths it appeared she went to so as to appear as such. Taking another sip of his whisky, he joined her side, surveying the crowd. "Is there a man here lucky enough to be accompanying you?" Oliver asked, looking back at her with raised eyebrows.

From across the room, he spotted the starkness of Charlotte's red dress against the monotones of white and black. A smile crept onto his lips, but he suppressed it. Turning back to Valeria, the Venoran lord flattened his suit, smoothing out a wrinkle he'd gained from sitting a few bits prior. Taking another sip of his whisky, he smiled at her. It was a nice trial to make new friends.
word count: 423
Valeria Burhan
Approved Character
Renown: 102
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

If Valeria decided to take weak again then she wouldn't be able to say she was sober. She probably wouldn't even need the corset to steal her breath for it to happen either and if she kept this drinking up then she'd probably be able to fall over just by thinking about it. At least she'd managed to take the edge off her pain, which was what she'd been hoping to do, and she felt rather more at ease. The missal from her parents seemed... not a distant memory, but certainly not the concern it had been before. What was Saun after all? It was a veritable eternity and in the meantime, she was young, she was beautiful and she was allowed to have fun. Admittedly, her situation would have been better if she'd had a little less fun and spent a bit more time investing in potential marriage prospects.

All gloomy thoughts slipped away as a handsome man glided into her field of vision. His suit was dazzling and well-cut, his hair magnificently styled and that smile! By the Fates, he was quite a looker and he knew it, she could tell by the curve of his lips and the easy confidence that he exuded. Being one herself, she could certainly relate. If she hadn't been able to guess his identity before, she knew it by his greeting: Oliver Venora, Darcyanna's brother. By Zanik, let her not make a fool of herself, she hadn't had that much to drink after all.

"Lord Oliver, it's a pleasure to be here," she purred, unable to help herself as she took his hand. He really was too gorgeous to resist such an impulse. Damn the Venoras for their impossible beauty! "Thankfully, I only had to come from Andaris, far less of ordeal."

With her drink held in her right hand, she took a delicate sip, her free hand moving up to curl a coiled strand of hair around her finger. Her gaze shifted towards those honeyed tones as she took perhaps a little too much pleasure in his compliment. It brought a ready smile to her face and surprisingly, to her at least, a blush. "Thank you, my Lord. You look rather dashing yourself although I'm sure that you and your, uh... lady companion are aware," the Burhan retorted softly, a sly curve to her lips.

A bolt of bright blue through her iris denoted the shock his question elicited, a slight twitch appearing at the corner of her left eye as her mouth took a downturn. First Velaine, now Oliver. Did everyone expect her to be hanging on some man's arm? Oh, the idea certainly wasn't unappealing to her but it made her feel like a failure, as if she really ought to be here with someone. Of course, not being here with someone probably said some unfortunate things about her. Someone who didn't know her - like the man before her - might think that she was a shrew in private or a woman who wasn't inclined to settle down, one with loose morals, which certainly wasn't untrue. By most noble standards, she was well sullied at this point.

"I find myself unaccompanied. Don't worry, I should be able to keep myself occupied and entertained - although a little companionship certainly wouldn't go unappreciated," the Elithem murmured, hinting less than subtly that she had no problem having him stick around. She was feeling terribly smooth right now. Not that that had anything to do with the wine of course, certainly not. Although perhaps it did help to grease things a little, but only a tad.
Last edited by Valeria Burhan on Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 621
Oliver Venora
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

49 Zi'da 717
Oliver wasn't sure why it bothered him that she had called Charlotte his "lady companion", but heat rose in his cheeks when she did so. Luckily, the neatly trimmed chestnut hair covering his cheeks his the flush from her, instead allowing his lips to part in a smile, his eyes bouncing back across to the room to Charlotte, who was quarter-turned away from him. She was laughing, her head tossed back, and he could see the small dimple in her cheek from there. Beaming, he looked back to Valeria.

"Charlotte. Her name is Charlotte. Warrick. Sergeant of the Skyriders." Not that Valeria was concerned with who Charlie was, or what her rank or station was. Oliver noted a hint of flirtation in the buxom blonde's voice, and he smiled in return. He was no stranger to the political nature of charm, and he considered himself open and approachable. Taking a sip of his whisky, his shark-black eyes met her own blue orbs, mirth in them.

"It is my misfortune, but I cannot afford to spend all night on one guest. My position demands I at least attempt to offer it equally amongst all my guests, even when I prefer the company of some far more than others," he flirted back, smiling at her devilishly. Worried not about blaming the alcohol for his candor, he merely took another sip, trusting himself not to overstay his welcome in the blonde's company. "Though, I can certainly justify spending at least a few more bits chatting with you, Lady Burhan."

He set his whisky glass down on a table, leaning back against it casually. He deftly unfasted the button holding the white suit jacket together, showing the white shirt beneath stretch tautly over a firm frame. Oliver trained often with a sword, and kept his physique fit enough to pursue that level of physical activity. The button-down underneath the jacket was obscured down the middle to his navel, or where Valeria could presume his navel was. More comfortable, Oliver smiled.

"You said Andaris, right? I didn't know you were staying in the capital..." Not that he should have, since it was not his place to keep tabs on her. "Darcyanna has been there for a bit now, studying at the University. Dual Letter in Piano and... medicine, I believe." He smiled.

"To be honest, I'm not as impressed by the duchy. Astedia is fine, if you like horses and arms, but the whole of the duchy lacks the natural beauty of Venora and the serenity of the forests of Burhan. Though, I suppose I can't tell you anything about the forests you don't already know, my lady," he winked. Oliver wasn't bad at flirting by any means, and something about being in the attractive Burhan's company made it even easier. For the devout Rynlist, though, he'd never have expected Immortal interference.

Valeria was just charming.
word count: 498
Valeria Burhan
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Her host for the evening was far less stoic than Nathaniel Endor, a fact that she was incredibly glad for. After all, if she was going to be stuck in a conversation with someone for a few bits, it was always better for it to be a pleasant experience rather than a dull chore. Thankfully for her, Oliver Venora seemed as ready to smile as herself and he had a refreshing openness about him. She could almost read his thoughts when she mentioned his female companion, his eyes moving off in search of her and the blonde didn't need to look to confirm that.

"A Skyrider?" she hummed with interest, filing the name away in case she bumped into the young woman at some point. "And a Sergeant? So strong and accomplished as well as beautiful." The compliment was directed at Oliver as much as Charlie. After all, he was the one who'd garnered the Warrick's attentions and her words carried at least some admiration for him in that regard. Although, she imagined that this was a man who would have no issue charming any woman he wished to his side - or to his bed. With the woman's name still echoing in the air, he was already flirting with the blonde so she imagined that it was something that came quite naturally to him.

"Oh but I'm sure that you say that to all your pretty guests. How very diplomatic of you, Lord Venora, " she laughed, her gaze easily shifting to honey-brown and staying there. "I'll be sure to make the most of your company while I have it then," Valeria added, taking a slow sip of wine, allowing her lips to linger on the glass' rim while her gaze remained on him, partially obscured by her lashes.

As she watched, he set down his glass and adopted a position that not only allowed him to be more comfortable but also showed off his physique. Her brows rose but she said nothing, surprised that he would do such a thing but appreciated the view all the same. Even with the alcohol in her system adding a pleasant fuzz to her thoughts, she could read the situation quite well. There was power in that show of relaxation because he had control and he knew it. Furthermore, if anyone looked over, the Venora wouldn't be judged for it. If she leaned in such a way, perhaps crossing her legs where she stood to accentuate their shape through the cloth, she'd receive condemnation all right, without a doubt. A slight pout came to her lips as she wondered why men were allowed to get away with so much more, it hardly seemed fair.

"Yes, I'm aware. I met her at the Hawthrights'. We ended up working together actually, Darcy playing and I singing. She's certainly talented but I told Baroness Andaris as much," she commented, ripples of blue and violet disturbing the viscous honey of her irises. The shifts were rapid, darts that disrupted her good humour at the remembrance of her meeting with Celeste. The honey settled again, unmarred by upset or anger as she repressed such thoughts.

"Oh well, I can certainly attest that Venora is beautiful, and your own barony is certainly as lovely as your sister's poetic descriptions claimed it to be although I imagine it must truly be something in the midst of Saun," the blonde sighed wistfully; she'd always had an obsession with the region and the family it was name for. Oh to be a Venora! "Serene is certainly one way to describe Burhan, far better than dull or isolated although... sometimes that separation from everyone else has its perks. Perhaps there's a certain romance to it from an outsider's perspective but it's a hard place in truth."

Her gaze dropped to her wine for a moment, a minute crease appearing fleetingly on her fair forehead before it smoothed over. "I take it you've visited Burhan? I don't suppose that you've been to my home barony of Senlin, have you? Our forests aren't far from the base of the Burning Mountains. It's certainly a remarkable sight at this time of the arc. Amazing really that you can be surrounded by cold, stifled by it and yet in the midst of it all, a place of heat!" Valeria murmured, hand moving to play with the chain of her necklace, its gem moving momentarily out from her bosom into visibility as she tugged at the fine links.
word count: 770
Oliver Venora
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

49 Zi'da 717
Oliver smiled as Valeria recounted her past with Darcy, his pride swelling in him for Darcyanna's success as a woman. The darkness threatened to close in around his warm thoughts again, but he held it at bay, willpower overpowering the desire to weep in the middle of the room for the time he could have spent ensuring that Darcy was fine. Swallowing hard the bile threatening to rise, Oliver once again adopted a warm look of approval, his dark eyes fluctuating to a chocolatey brown.

"Isn't that the perfect metaphor, though, my lady? Sometimes, we have to find the warmth when surrounded by the freezing cold." Oliver mused, the slightest hint of tragedy under his tone. He blinked back the rising despair, instead focusing on the beautiful woman before him. His eyes, still brown but with hard concrete-gray cracks splintering into them, closed for a moment, as if he were trying to remember something. When he opened them, they were shark-black, as they often were.

"I don't believe I've been to Senlin, though I have been to the duchy a few times before I can remember. So perhaps as an infant, but that was before you were born, anyway." He laughed, running a hand through hair that fell back to the exact same position. He was confident, that was obvious, but there was a shade behind his eyes that seemed to haunt him. He scratched his neck, suddenly looking embarrassed.

"I'd certainly like to visit, though if Saun is the season to be in Bellesoir, it sounds like Zi'da or Cylus is best for Senlin. I love the look of snow on pine trees. There's such a unique dichotomy to trees that never lose their leaves, even in the encroaching cold." He grinned widely, eyebrows rising a slight amount. "It seems Burhan is far more metaphorical than Venora." He laughed, reaching out to squeeze Valeria's shoulder in amicability. Every movement was measured as the Lord retracted his hand.

"Are you enjoying yourself this evening, Lady Burhan? The gala means a lot to me." He looked tired, as if he'd stayed up the previous few trials late trying to plan. "I'm interested to hear feedback from a woman with such obviously fine taste." His eyes traveled to her breasts, or the necklace residing there, at least. Oliver smiled and returned his gaze to hers, coolly keeping his eyes locked there.
word count: 415
Valeria Burhan
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Watching Oliver as she curled hair around her finger, she saw the shift in his eyes, a change that she noted with interest. She knew that he was of Biqaj descent, of course - many nobles were - but not everyone inherited the kaleidoscopic eyes. His didn't appear to alter a great deal but alter they did, which was an interesting thing to observe. Still when he spoke, she sensed a sadness to his voice and with a tilt of her head, she reached out a hand to lightly touch his arm, her smile soft but genuine, no ulterior motive behind it. The Burhan could detect that he was saddened by something but she didn't know what was wrong or how to approach it so she simply said nothing. Her touch might provide some comfort or it might not, but it was the best way for her to show sympathy.

She withdrew her hand, laughing at his comment of her comparative youth. "Oh, no doubt. I suppose that I must be quite a few arcs younger than you; I'm Darcy's age. You're quite... mature by comparison," she teased gently, the corner of her mouth quirking up. She went back to twisting her hair around her finger, making absolutely no effort to draw on her Zanik-given power. After all, what would be the point? There was no real reason to actively seduce the man and she already had his attention, which was more than enough to please her. Oliver was getting nothing more than her natural charm. As far as Valeria was concerned, she had such charm in abundance.

Her brows rose as he talked about pine trees, his language surprising her. She'd heard the way Darcy had spoken about her home and her choice of words had startled her as well. She wondered if there was something naturally poetic about Venoras or if they turned out pretty words as readily as they turned out beautiful children.

"Poetic," the blonde commented. "It's a trait that yourself and Darcy seem to share. What was it that she said about Bellesoir?"

Brows furrowing, she thought back on the conversations she'd had with the pianist when she'd come for tea. "She said something about how in Saun you could almost drown in the rainbow of colours. Well, something like that. I definitely don't have a great way with words, not like you do," Valeria explained with a giggle, fiddling idly with the chain of her necklace. His eyes wandered down to her neck. Well, lower than her neck. She wasn't sure if he was looking at her necklace or her chest although it could have been both. She smiled suggestively, showing that she didn't particularly mind either way.

"Oh I've certainly been enjoying myself. Fine wine, good company, pretty things to look at..." she commented, taking a sip of wine, allowing her eyes to play over his form as she did so. "What's not to like?"
word count: 505
Oliver Venora
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

49 Zi'da 717
A knowing grin spread across Oliver's face like wildfire, igniting his features and turning his eyes a smokestack grey. Evenly spaced and shaped teeth shown, his mouth agape at her candor and unabashed personality. It was refreshing to meet a noblewoman who knew what she wanted and went for it, without regard for social setting and etiquette. Not only was Lady Burhan being flirtatious, she was being so in such a coy way that Oliver had to admire it. It took a lifestyle to hone social skills like that, and as persuasive and charming as Oliver was, he doubted he would ever be that good.

"You have quite the way with words, Lady Burhan. I don't imagine you often get told 'no', do you?" Oliver asked, the tone of his voice indicating that it certainly wasn't an insult. Amusement clung to his features like morning dew, lighting up the shape of his face. He ran a hand through his hair again, relief flooding his body as she assuaged his doubts.

"I'm glad you're enjoying it, my lady. In truth, there are very few here whose opinions are as weighted as yours, as you clearly know how to enjoy yourself more than a lot of these other stuffed shirts. I was worried the only people that would show up would be the dusty old blood, and then we'd be here discussing Venora's crop shortage forty arcs ago." He laughed, raising his whisky glass to toast Valeria's youth. Oliver would have made due, of course, and it would have been a success, but this gala had been far more fun than he'd anticipated.

"Have you had a bite to eat, my Lady? Everything smells fantastic. Jirelle worked hard," he explained, smiling. Jirelle's food was legend in Bellesoir, and it wasn't often that someone declined the offer to try it. Though, if Valeria were working to maintain an image, Oliver could understand her refusal. "You ought to try some."

The nobleman grinned, taking another sip of his whisky, which was getting dangerously low. As if telepathic, though, Bria rushed by with his decanter and filled it, the deep brown liquid coming to a rest at its usual spot. A gentle nod, and Bria was gone again, exhaustively moving through the crowd to keep drinks full.

"She's a quick one, Bria. Exuberant. She has a crush on Caius Gawyne, I think," he chuckled, taking a sip of his whisky. "Interesting how things like that form, Lady Burhan. Physical attraction plays such a large part..." He looked up at her, shark-black eyes shining from the liquor.
word count: 448
Valeria Burhan
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

She didn't know precisely what she'd said that he'd found amusing but she had to smile in response, pleased to have drawn such genuine humour from him. She peered into her drink, feeling incredibly smug. She'd always enjoyed the effect that she could have on others, especially men. It was a powerful feeling and an addictive one. It was probably what had led her into so many risky situations, both dangerous to her own physical and mental well-being, and her reputation. If her mother knew half of the things she'd done, she'd disown her on the spot but rather handily, many of those she'd been involved with hadn't worked out precisely who she was. Oh, they often realised that she was above common folk but there was a certain audacity to her manner that made it difficult for them to believe that a noble would act that way, especially around numerous witnesses. There was far less danger in some respects at these sorts of events but she was known here, which meant that she could easily get her reputation into some very ugly waters.

The thought of her mother and the letter that had led her to this unfortunate state this evening pierced through the happy inebriation she'd been cultivating, causing her irises to swim with miserable blues as she took a drink, desperate to chase down that carefree mood again.

When Oliver's smiling question came, her gaze rose to him anew, eyes briefly innocent as the full meaning of his words failed to register in her distracted mind. However, she smiled coyly after a few trills, giving a casual shrug.

"I found as a child that I didn't like the sound of the word 'no' so I've always done my best to make sure I wouldn't have to hear it," she explained softly with a breathy laugh, eyes softly glowing gold. "I don't understand you though. I don't have a talent with words, I just say what I mean."

She could imagine how dull this event would have been with none but the old nobles in attendance. She knew how bloody boring that lot could be and she didn't envy the Venora's need to politic with such creatures, even now, when they weren't the only ones here. She'd always thought of her grandparents as the stuffy old ones when she was longer and although she'd grown considerably since then - they were shrewd politicians but she didn't see them often - she still considered them dull beyond measure. Youth and vibrancy were far more fascinating and she preferred to seek it out when she could; young ones made the best company.

"I'm sure you remember the crop shortage from forty arcs ago quite well," she teased, biting her lip to try to hold back a smile but failing entirely. She swept her hair back from her face, peering around at the others in the room, the hustle and bustle of servants, and the revelry of commoners as well as nobles. The commoners certainly seemed to be in better spirits than the nobility surrounding them; they were freer, more inclined to throw caution to the wind.

As soon as Oliver mentioned food, something in her - an old impulse, something that she thought was long quashed - made her blurt, "I've already had some but thank you." It was an automatic form of deceit, delivered with a small polite smile. She didn't know what made her do it although it felt like she might fall into other old, bad habits at any time, maybe stick her fingers down her throat and empty her stomach as she had been wont to do in that early, rocky period of her teens. For some reason, she just felt as if... In all honesty, she didn't know how she felt.

A young servant appeared, little more than a girl, and who refilled Oliver's glass. She'd appeared abruptly and she went off again just as suddenly, Valeria finding her eyes drawn to her swift moving form. She licked her lips slowly, unconsciously before turning her attention swiftly back to her host."Mm, physical attraction does seem to make up a great deal of such things. I think it's what most often does for Caius although he doesn't realise the effect that he has on others. Then he ends up utterly bemused," she remarked with a laugh. "I've known Caius a number of arcs; I'm quite friendly with his sister, Ivy so I've seen much of him. He seems quite happy with Darcy, and she with him."
word count: 790
Oliver Venora
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

49 Zi'da 717
Oliver's chuckle was evident, his eyebrows raising at Valeria's tease about his age. Interested in politics from a young age, Oliver had ingested the history of the Kingdom, especially his Duchy, every chance he got. He knew, of course, of the slight depreciation in grain throughout the Kingdom forty trials prior, and the ensuing panic as the Crown hoarded the majority of grain for itself. The commonry had lived off of dried meats and eggs for so long, the smell of a loaf of baking bread had nearly sent Lowtown into a full scale riot. With his eyebrows still up, Oliver teased her back.

"Those who don't know their histories are doomed to repeat them, my lady Burhan. The grain shortage was not so long ago that it may not happen again in the cyclical nature of the Kingdom," he teased, smiling at her. He realized she was a natural flirt, but he had not considered that she was as good a politician as she seemed. She seemed to guess his interests immediately, and he couldn't help but feel like she was pandering slightly.

"You know, fifty trials ago, I would have railed against that statement. That they are happy together. But I've seen them together, in some rather tense circumstances, and I honestly believe they love each other. I had a thought the other day that Caius would ask me to arrange a meeting with my parents as Baron and Baroness to ask her hand in marriage. It would be quick, but Caius seems to know what he wants. And if he has run off already, I think it's safe to assume he won't now..." Realizing he'd said too much, Oliver blushed. He turned back to Valeria with a polite smile, looking down at his nearly-empty glass.

"My apologies, my lady. I'll blame the spirits, though perhaps it's my own poor judgement that I spoke so boldly. Coincidentally, I assure you, I must be off to check on the other guests. If I linger with the most attractive ones too long, the world may consider me an elitist, and that's the opposite of the reason for this gala. A beautiful evening to you, lady Burhan, and I hope you enjoy the splendors of our home to your liking," Oliver quickly gathered his things, rushing away in embarrassment at his oversharing. Hopefully, the Lady would forget it before anything rude came of the off-the-cuff remarks.
word count: 423
Valeria Burhan
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

His retort drew a high laugh from her, full of incredulity. "By the Seven, you sound like one of my childhood tutors!" Valeria threw back, having to bite her tongue to top herself from sticking it out at him. By Zanik, she had enough of her wits about her not to do something so childish but the fact that she'd even considered it! She covered her mouth although a smile was still evident around her hand. She didn't honestly think that she'd somehow do it mindlessly and without any warning but she didn't entirely trust herself not to do it on instinct. What was worse, the more she tried to make herself calm down, the giddier she grew so that the hand clamped over her mouth served to stifle the almost hysterical giggles that threatened to escape.

The pleasant mix of honey and burnt umber in her irises altered abruptly, a startling bright blue injected into them to spread rapidly outwards as her eyes widened. At first, the blonde thought she'd somehow imagined the words that were coming out of Oliver's mouth because she couldn't believe that he was discussing his sister and her partner quite so freely. 'Love' was a little too strong for her imagination to have conjured up on its own and so she could only gawp at him, hand falling away from her face as she openly stared at the man. For someone who'd seemed to be in control and unlikely to say the wrong thing, he had made a serious slip-up. If it had been anybody else, she imagined that it would have been a disastrous action on his part. Thankfully, she'd had certain sentiments from Caius' own mouth that suggested that what he said was true. She'd been sworn to secrecy on those and as such, it wasn't as great a shock as it could have been.

The blonde hadn't done a thing, not a single thing to draw those words from Oliver's lips. The notion of seeking the aid of Zanik's powers hadn't even occurred to her, not for the entire evening so she knew that she hadn't used anything divine to make him spill that. It seemed that the young Gawyne had a point about her ability to draw things from him that nobody else could although it apparently wasn't an effect that was unique to her friend. It was strange to find herself with such a power, especially as it appeared to be quite unconscious. If she could harness it and control it, it'd probably make her a terrifying force.

She tried to smile, thin-lipped and not quite succeeding in curving her lips upwards to where they ought to be. Valeria couldn't deny the awkwardness that had come between them. It didn't feel like something that could be simply brushed aside and sure enough, when he claimed the need to mingle further, she wasn't particularly surprised. She simply inclined her head briefly and murmured a good evening, round eyes remaining on him as he departed and she sipped thoughtfully at her drink. Her brows pulled together briefly as she considered the matter further but her forehead was quickly smoothed as she pushed the thoughts to the back of her mind and wandered off again.
word count: 566
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Duchies”