Faith's Letters

Best Keep a track here.

Need to send a letter to a friend? Family member? Lover? Here you can post in character letters to other PCs that are not in your area. Take a look inside for more information and to see how long travel time is for letters.

Moderator: Staff

Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Fanatical Philanthropist
Renown: 2250
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Faith's Letters

Letters to Aeon: Zi'da 716
1st

Aeon,

This is strange, but I am delighted to write it. I hope you are well and that all is good with you.

Yours,

Faith
2nd

Aeon,

Oh such cringe! Padraig and Tristan met yesterday ~ it was awful. Also, we went to a street party where we just had a lovely time. I am happy and well, but I worry about you and how you are. Here if you need to talk

Yours,

Faith
3rd

Aeon,

All good here. Work is busy, I am sewing things for people! Padraig and I are settling in well together ~ I miss you and your wisdom. I am quite shoddy at relationships, you know.

Yours,

Faith
4th

Aeon,

How are you? I am well, although it is so very cold! I don't like cold, I have decided. I met a woman tonight, she was running from an attacker - I helped her but I have a cut lip and Padraig is fussing. I hope you are well. I miss you.

Yours,

Faith
5th

Aeon,

Hello! A new trial! I met Rafael Warrick again this trial ~ I have met him before, but this time he wanted some supplies for a mission he was going on. Freedom is so strange, my friend. I am able to help, or not, who I choose. It is bizarre. But yet, I wonder, are any of us truly free?

I am busy and happy I miss seeing you. I hope you are well.

Yours,

Faith
6th

Aeon,

I wonder, sometimes, what freedom means. I think I have concluded that it is a state of mind. Do you agree?

Yours,

Faith
7th

Aeon,

Padraig is learning alchemy. He is doing so well at it. I have my own room, my own space and a man who loves me. Tristan says he loves me too, but I can not be in love with him. Freedom is complicated! I hope you are well, my friend.

Yours,

Faith
8th

Aeon,

Busy in work ~ making a cake meant to represent a rainbow and craft some surprise gifts. Hope you are well!

Yours,

Faith
9th

Aeon,
Today, I realised that, no matter who we are, we all arrive here with a history. Did you realise something today?

Yours,

Faith
10th

Aeon,

The spare room is ready. I love Padraig, and he loves me, but he has told me that he wants me to have time to think, time to decide. If what I decide is that I don't want to be with him, he will support me. I feel very loved, but I know that he is right. I need a litte more time. It feels selfish, but I am taking it. You would tell me that it is not selfish, it is sensible, and that is just one of the reasons why I miss you.

Yours,

Faith
word count: 480
Life, Death and the In-Between .
Kura Wolfsdotter
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Council Member
Renown: 765
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Faith's Letters

42nd of Ashan, 717
Dear Faith,

Sorry for the delay in responding, I've been trying to settle myself into a routine. Things have been rather slow on my end. There was a tournament and something to do with the mer, but I didn't get too involved in any of it. Trying to stay out of Ilaren's eye, after all.

Glad to hear you're doing well in Scalvoris, though if the larger animals continue to be a problem, I'd advise learning some hunting and trapping techniques. Also useful for more sentient pests. A bear trap will usually convince any burglar to cease his shenanigans, if only because he's now writhing on the floor in pain.

Phelan says he wants to meet Cosmo, apparently he wants to make sure your dog is worthy of you. He gets possessive, and apparently he's decided that you and Padraig are ours. Wolf to common is difficult to translate but he considers you part of the extended pack is what he means. I wish Padraig luck as a professor. I used to be a history and geography professor, and its certainly challenging work.

I'm glad you're enjoying your studies. Medicine is a hard subject, but I know you'll excel at it, as you seem to do with most things. Speaking of things you've excelled at, your advice regarding Cally's situation has been most helpful and I've followed your advice to the letter. I'm sure I look like I'm talking to nobody, but thankfully, most people seem to think I'm speaking to Phelan, so awkward questions are avoided.

I'm sorry to hear about your romantic troubles. Perhaps hire bodyguards for your next date? Wouldn't be the weirdest thing I've ever heard of. Knew a man when I was about thirty who refused to go anywhere without a mirror. He seemed to think he was being stalked by something, but no one could ever find a trace of his stalker. He even got a Ghost-Watcher, like you, to look into it.

Cally's is a very exciting prospect and I believe Cally is absolutely enthralled by the idea, though it's hard for me to tell. It seems a little warmer where I think she's at, but I admit it could just be my imagination. The idea behind the restaurant is very intriguing and I hope it fulfills your expectations. I shall have to try to and make their in time for the opening, though I'm not sure I'll succeed.

As for my mother stopping by, that is surprising, but mostly because she let you know who she was. She visits people in Mortal disguise fairly frequently. As for my Sev'ryn heritage, I usually forget to mention it, as I was raised as though I was pure Immortal, for all the sense that makes. I'll look in on your friend and make sure he stays in good spirits if I possibly can.

I miss having the two of you close by as well. It was nice having someone around who knew that I'm not Mortal and understood what that meant, even better that you were friends. I hope to make it out to Scalvoris soon.

Wishing you the best,
Kura Wolfsdotter
P.S. You wouldn't happen to know of a good sleeping aid, would you?
P.P.S. Also, owls can get attached quickly. If you can, please visit the Enormowl.
[/style2]
word count: 591
Please send all PM's to my Basilisk account.
Kura Wolfsdotter
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Faith's Letters

91st of Ashan, 717
Dear Faith,

Congratulations! I'd be honored to officiate the wedding, and my companions and I will be on a ship to Scalvoris tomorrow. Phelan and Speck, my owl familiar, are very excited, and I believe Cally is as well, though I have trouble telling for certain. Phelan is excited to meet Cosmo, just be advised that he can make a mess when excited. At the moment, my bedding is currently doubling as carpet thanks to him.

On the matter of the Nardovino family name, it is familiar to me. Sadly, I don't think I'll be much help, but here's what I know of it, though I can't give too many details for reasons which will shortly be made clear. Roughly 80 years ago, there was an Imperial Agent by the name of Sebastian Nardovino. He was trusted enough that the Eternal Empire sent him on several missions of a...politically sensitive nature. On his last mission, Agent Nardovino failed to return. Where he was sent and why he was sent there are classified, but I will say that your family name turning up in Rynmere leads me to believe that you are not the first member of your family to have been a slave and later found freedom, as Rynmere is quite a fair distance from where Agent Nardovino went missing.

One last thing. I will need to keep a moderately low profile on Scalvoris, though more to avoid awkward questions and undue attention than anything. I am known to the Imperial Garrison there as a Mortalborn and Imperial advisor, so they would be immensely curious as to why I'm not in Korlasir. In addition, the Pirate Lords may decide they need additional leverage, so my apologies in advance for any potential problems or if I get us embroiled in the local politics.

Kura Mareth
[/style2]
word count: 316
Kura Wolfsdotter
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Faith's Letters

Dear Faith,

The news about the disappearance of the Pirate Lords is good news indeed. They were, unfortunately, a necessary trouble, as removing them would have taken Imperial resources we didn't have at the time. The absence of the garrison, however, is very troubling. Scalvoris was, when I left Korlasir, an Imperial province and the lack of the garrison indicates some form of rebellion. Be cautious if you seek answers.

We will arrive on the 44th of Ymiden. Be safe and be cautious. Scalvoris isn't as safe as I believed it to be when we last met in Rharne.

Kura Mareth
[/style2]
word count: 104
Aeon
Profession: Hero :|
Renown: 183
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Faith's Letters

1st of Ymiden, 717
Dear Faith

I am horribly sorry I haven't written to you, I have been everywhere and everything has been chaos. I am so glad to hear you and Padraig are happy, but I, unfortunately, won't make it to your wedding. I still have some things to set straight, but I promise to visit Scalvoris as soon as I am able, it sounds like a magnificent place. I miss you dearly and I hope I will be able to write to you more often from now on, but I can't be certain. If you do not hear from me in a while, don't be afraid, I have probably just not been near a desk and in private. I am currently in a city called Uthaldria, I do not think you would like it here, but there is something I must do here. I wish you all the best luck and may the Seven watch over both you and Padraig.

Aeon
word count: 167
ImageImage
"A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down"
Aeon
Profession: Hero :|
Renown: 183
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Faith's Letters

2nd of Ymiden, 717
Dear Faith

I promise I will attempt to write each trial as long as I have a feather and some ink with me, from now on. I apologise for making you worry, it wasn't my attempt, but life just threw things at me and I had no idea how to handle them all. Uthaldria, it's the home city of the lotharro people, they're all rough, manly men with no love for good cooking or thoughtful conversations. And have I mentioned it's surrounded by the Fields of Gauthrel, you must have heard of those. Though, to be honest, I never had, before I came here. They're filled with all sorts of monsters, and occasionally, beautiful creatures. Have you heard of the Sohr Khal, Saints of the Sky? I flew on one to get here, it was incredible, seeing Idalos from such a height, and moving so fast. My point being, I would like to meet you and tell you all of this in person, but I'm afraid that's impossible for now.

You sound like a true businesswoman, Velma, and I can't wait to see your farm and restaurant in person one trial. As long as you are doing what makes you happy, I am happy, please, don't be so worried about changing the world, and just worry about yourself for a time. Be selfish, Velma, you deserve it after everything you've been through.

I miss Andaris from time to time, but never enough to warrant me going back. Have you considered it, going back? I can't even tell apart the good memories from the bad ones, at times. I just want you to know that if you ever need me, I will be there for you. No matter if we are an entire world away, I will find a way. Stay safe, Velma.

Aeon
word count: 318
ImageImage
"A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down"
Tristan Venora
Approved Character
Profession: Mad Scientist Socialite
Renown: 934
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Faith's Letters

A letter arrived in Faith’s mailbox. It was crumpled, and the ink was smeared.
40th of Ymiden, Arc 717

Dear

No, I won’t use such a word for you. You are not a dear anything. I don’t know who and what you are, but you are definitely not Faith. Faith left Padraig to search for our daughter. She left Padraig, returned to me, told me that she loved me and died in my arms. I’m not sure why you are writing this nonsense about a wedding, and why I’ve even bothered to reply. Are you Aelig? If you are – fek you. Haven’t you hurt us enough? Do I have to travel all the way to Scalvoris to kill you personally? Trust me, I can, and I will. I'm not as weak as I used to be. I know alchemy now. I could just blow you up! Maybe I’ll also look for those Nardovino people to prove that you are a liar! They probably don't have any idea who you are!

Tristan Venora
Duke of Oakleigh

(Yes, I'm a duke now. So you’d better not underestimate me!)
word count: 197
Tristan Venora
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Faith's Letters

This time Tristan’s letter didn’t arrive via mail, but via magic scroll.
41st of Ymiden, Arc 717

Dear Faith,

Yes, I called you Faith. I’ve decided to believe you – for now. There is no way a complete stranger would know all that – unless they can read minds, I suppose. Can Aelig read minds? What do you think? Maybe he read the real Faith’s mind and then wrote this letter!

No, I wrote that I believe you, and I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. Besides, a living Faith that is going to marry Padraig is much better than a Faith that professed her love for me and then died.

Anyway, the woman that visited me looked exactly like you. She also knew a lot about you. She knew about Padraig and Aelig and the fact that your baby was a girl. I’m not sure if she acted like you though. She was pretty desperate, and I’ve never seen you that desperate, so I can’t compare.

I’m not as convinced as you that the baby isn’t ours though. You said that you were pregnant and gave birth to a daughter, and then your daughter just disappeared. What if Aelig stole her, gave her to me and claimed that you had died to mess with us further? Ayla – that’s her name – looks like you, but she has my eyes. A stranger’s baby wouldn’t look like us.

Unless Aelig turned into you and I slept with him and somehow got him pregnant even though he’s really a man? That would be extremely weird and kind of disturbing!

Please don’t worry about the baby. I have servants that help me with her, and I always keep her close to me at night so that Aelig can’t just come and steal her. I even have bodyguards now!

I also eat properly now, and I only get drunk every other trial. I even feed my guests! Apart from that woman that wanted me to write a play about her. She claimed that she was a cannibal. I’m trying to be a good host, but I won’t butcher my servants and cook them!

That scroll you gave me is awesome by the way! Thank you! I think it even worked. It did work, right? I love magic items! Was it made with alchemy? What do you think? As I told you, I know alchemy and can make magic items now. I made some cloth that was as strong as chainmail once, and it even stopped a blow! Soon I’ll be as good as Padraig! Maybe I’ll make something with alchemy for your wedding gift. I want to give you a gift as well.

I’m so glad that you are still alive! You deserve all the gifts in Idalos!
word count: 485
Andráska Venora
Approved Character
Profession: Political Figurehead
Renown: 247
Character Sheet
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Faith's Letters

Faith,

It's been too long! I'm happy to hear things have been going well for you, and I apologize that I haven't written sooner. If you were to know the things I've been dealing with, I'm sure you'd forgive me. You were always a kind soul, and now that you've sent us an invitation, I'm relieved to see it was not just because I was related to Tristan.

You will be pleased to know that I've mostly left my misadventures in the past – alas, no more alley parties for me. But that means I have taken more responsibility and it's... been a mixed bag. Since the attack on King Cassander, I have been working on his personal guard, as well as trying to run a newly appointed Barony. The people are crying for noble bloodshed, and it might not be long before I'm faced with the chopping block, given I work for the most powerful man in Rynmere, and the own lineage I share. If I survive to Vhalar, I will try to make your wedding. I would like to see you so happy.

Sincerely,
Andraska Venora

word count: 198
Tristan Venora
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Faith's Letters

43rd of Ymiden, Arc 717

Dear Faith,

I agree. It’s probably Aelig. Why is he doing this to us though? I never did anything to him. In fact, if I had met him before all this, I would probably have thought he was a great guy and tried to befriend him because he can look like whoever he wants, and I always wanted to be able to do that! I might even have started to worship him! It doesn’t make any sense!

If Rose has passed over, does that mean that she was real after all? I’m sorry that she was taken from you. I wish I had been able to get to know her. Was she Padraig’s or mine? No, you don’t have to tell me. It doesn’t matter. All that matters is that she’s gone.

As for Ayla, you don’t have to be sorry that Aelig (or whoever your doppelganger was) has given her to me. She’s the only good thing to come out of this, and I don’t care if I’m related to her by blood or not. She looks like me, and she needs me. I’m the only parent she has, and that is enough for me. I already love her. I just hope that I will be able to keep her from becoming like him.

I would very much like for you to become Ayla’s loving pseudo-aunt. I’ve been keeping her from the rest of the family so far, apart from Hart because I trust Hart. I’m not sure how grandmother will react. She tried deny Hart’s existence for two decades, and Aunt Willow isn’t much better. I don’t want anybody to treat Ayla like a bastard and something to be ashamed of. If I had any say in that matter, she would become the next Duchess of Oakleigh!

Sometimes I wish I could just turn back time. Things were so much easier back then. I didn’t have to worry about angry Immortals or angry subjects (some of the people in the Eastern Settlement don’t like me very much). I just made sculptures, wrote crazy stories and drank wine all trial long. I had fun. But then I would never have met you. You would still be a slave, and I wouldn’t have Ayla either. That’s something to be thankful for, I think.

I will of course bring her to Scalvoris with me. I want her to get to know you!

Tristan

P.S.: These magic scrolls are awesome!
word count: 437
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Letters From Afar”