• Mature • [Venora] Two Gentlemen of Venora

Alistair and Teddy go for a jaunt and some music!

The seven Duchies of Central Rynmere and their respective baronies, cities, towns, villages, and landmarks each overseen by a Duke of one of the seven noble families and ultimately controlled by the King of Rynmere.
Teddy Venora
Race: Human
Renown: 10
Character Sheet
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

[Venora] Two Gentlemen of Venora

As he was pulled into Alistair's lap, Teddy stopped moving. He settled in like a cat, curving his back down and nestling into Alistair's chest. The youngest Venora paid no mind to any of the patrons around them, instead finding solace in Alistair's scent and the music. He murmured lightly as Alistair spoke, acknowledging his words but not responding with anything. However, when Alistair asked if he was normal, Teddy darted upright, turning quickly in his lap. This caused Teddy's tights to grind against Alistair's, but Teddy paid no mind to that.

"Why be 'normal', Cousin? You are not normal, nor will you ever be. Fortunately, you'll never be anything quite so mundane." Teddy's smile widened again, the sincerity evident in his voice. "Instead, you are extraordinary, Alistair. Do you think that looking at things objectively makes you an outsider? I say it grants you the insight I'll never have. If you lack feeling, I lack logic. But together, we have enough of both to do whatever we want." Teddy's confidence was infectious, and he perpetuated his point by lightly poking Alistair on the nose.

"Take the musicians on the stage. That voice. There is such passion and energy behind it, but do you think that the man beating against the drum feels the same thing? The percussionist, much like you, sees things as what they are. To him, they are numbers, each one meaning a timing pattern. He sees things in ones and fours, ones and eights, ones and sixteens. But the singer, the cute one... He sees things as sounds, as feelings. Each note to him is less about the absolute, and more about the abstract. He sees each word as a story in his mind, as a painting he is painting with words. Will the percussionist ever see this? Not unless he makes an concerted effort. Just as the singer will always see things in the rosy tint of emotion. It does not make one less than the other. But they need each other, and together, they are complete and whole."

Teddy's extremely blue eyes landed on Alistair's, and this time it was Teddy who ran a hand through Alistair's hair. He dragged the hand downward, behind Alistair's ear, and over his jawline. He gently lifted Alistair's face upward, to have a better view of it.

"I never want to hear that question again, Alistair. If you were normal, like Tristan or Zvezdana... You and I would not be the team that we are." Teddy's face was as sincere as Alistair had ever seen it. In that moment, Teddy was closer to Alistair in personality than himself. However, the moment passed as quickly as it had come, and Teddy settled back into Alistair's lap, once again grinding against him. Whether it was intentional or not, Theodore was not forthcoming with the information.

Just then, the musicians began to play again. The song was slow and sorrowful, an ode to a man's lost love and his growing desperation to reclaim the feeling. Teddy began to hum along, until he finally began to sing along. His voice was clear and beautiful, but only loud enough for Alistair to hear against the roar of the musicians themselves.
"And she left me on that fateful trial,
I've missed her since, a long long while...
I lost my heart, my love, my smile,
What Immortal could ever be so vile...?

Her eyes were onyx and her hair was silken,
Voice crystalline and skin was milky,
She'll never come back to me, will she, will she?
Then I'll go to her, we'll be together, we will be...

So with this dagger do I rejoin herrrrrrr....
Enter her arms and leave this wo-orld.
End this pain and feel this never...
A love like ours last foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..."
Teddy's voice crooned until the final syllable of the song, and when he finished, he looked at Alistair with tears in his eyes. He could feel the sentiment in the music, and though he couldn't place the anguish, he got it from the man's voice. He wiped the tears away with perfectly manicured fingers, then smiled through the sorry.

"See, Cousin. I feel. You think. Together, we are unstoppable." And with that, Teddy laid his head onto Alistair's shoulder, small droplets of salty water falling onto his cousin's exquisite clothing and trickling down in globules.
word count: 754
Alistair
Approved Character
Profession: Wanderer
Renown: 1000
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

(Poor grader.)

His speech on objectivity, logic and emotion was one that was inspiring as it was wise. For his age, Theodore had always been exceptionally precocious. He could only imagine that the Venora of old had felt and acted much the same way - while Alistair thought like an Endor or a Gawyne, with logic and facts and numbers, his beloved cousin thought in feeling and beauty. Emotion. Alistair had lacked emotion severely, to the point where he classified himself as incapable of feeling it. Theodore had enough to make up for the two of them - love, joviality, curiosity, everything one could want in their companion.

And despite what he said, he was logical. He was wiser than Alistair had been all this time - capable of framing this argument in a way that had actually managed to convince Alistair of something: that he wasn't so bad. That his lack of empathy wasn't crippling - it was something that he made up for in his intelligence, precision, diligence and courage. He was right; Alistair was logical. He thought in numbers. That wasn't a weakness - it was his own sort of strength. The Venora's face lit up in a shy smile as his cousin praised him for what he was, laying bare the idea that Alistair was exquisite. That he was not mundane. That he was worthwhile.

They need each other, he said. Together, they are complete and whole. His words and his expressive nature had made Alistair's passion grow. He felt a kindling of fondness for Theodore and as his body brushed against Alistair's, he was flushed with a heat that confused him. He moved again, almost grinding into him. The Venora wavered, the emotion faltering from his complexion as he stared at Theodore with a blunt and unrefined look. The music began to play again - a song of love and loss. Theodore sang alongside it, and Alistair could hear at least a bit of his voice, even as it was buried under the louder musician. It was truly exquisite. It had gotten even better than before - he could recognize the excellence and practice that had gone into his naturally talented tone.

His cousin's eyes swelled with tears as the words rang through. Alistair's heart was clenched with emotion - a grief, of sorts. Almost a real empathy. He wondered why Theodore was crying. He didn't want him to cry.

But it was just who he was, that feeling - that melancholy. He was gifted with emotion and softness that his eldest cousin had been spared. A softness that was now seated against the stonework of Alistair's own emotions. A softness he came to admire and adore. He stopped Theodore's manicured fingers from wiping the tears from his eyes, and instead he held his cheeks and the line of his jaw between his two palms. Ali did not smile, nor did he frown. He stared into the beauty of Theodore's face - all the emotions abound - and found himself wanting something more. His body was lit with heat. He was confused, dumbfounded, astounded, yet somehow not guilty for the desires he held for him - his cousin, a man ten years younger in age.

Alistair moved forward, his fingers running over Theodore's lips and beckoning that they part. His face drew closer and he kissed the boy softly, his body suggesting that their tongues dance while he caressed the boy's sides, stroking above his waist with a hand that fell lower. His brain was completely blind to his actions. He knew only one thing: he wanted Theodore . . . Venora. Too much.
Last edited by Alistair on Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 608
Teddy Venora
Renown: 10
Character Sheet
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Teddy was caught by surprise at Alistair's actions, but not quite so that he didn't know how to respond. Though an amateur kisser, something came over him and he lost himself in the warmth of Alistair's breath, the softness of his lips, the assertiveness of his tongue. Teddy's dainty hands came up and grasped the back of Alistair's clothing, looking for a grip that would pull his cousin in closer to him.

As they kissed, the world disappeared. Teddy was only aware of Alistair's touch, of his scent... Teddy knew that Alistair was feeling, and that made the moment all the more intense. Teddy's tongue danced around Alistair's, playful at first, and sultry soon after. The kiss seemed to last an eternity, but it was Teddy who broke it, much against his own will. When he looked around, there was nobody watching them, nobody caring about them. Another song, this one a ballad, was coming from the raised stage, and Teddy smiled warmly. The smile faltered somewhat as his gaze passed over Damien Noch, who was observing them from afar with a look of... satisfaction, Teddy thought. He instantly pushed the man out of his thoughts and grabbed Alistiar by the hand, intertwining his small, feminine fingers into Alistair's. With surprising strength, attributed to lust, most likely, Teddy pulled Alistair to his feet.

"When better things come along, no?" He guided Alistair through the rows at nearly a run, yanking his cousin behind him. Damien Noch never moved, never blinked, as they rushed out of the concert hall and into the oncoming night outside. Teddy's body was aglow with heat and anticipation, and he could barely contain himself. He kept pulling on Alistair, trying to get his older cousin to maintain the speed as he headed towards his small home. The two could spend the rest of the trial talking and smiling, but they'd have to do it at home. There, wine could be had, food, laughs, kisses... The world danced in front of Teddy as he ran, yanking Alistair behind. As they reached the house, Teddy burst through the doors and fell onto the couch, laughing and out of breath.

"Better things indeed." Teddy grinned impishly and beckoned Alistair over, and they spent the rest of the night together.
word count: 391
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Profession: Fanatical Philanthropist
Renown: 2250
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Peer Reviewed: Rewards!
Teddy

Points!:

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 5/ 5
Structure: 5/ 5
Knowledge:

Performance: The emotion can really make a difference to the audience
Performance: Different members of a band can bring different emotions in harmony.
Politics: Popularity among the masses can be important.
Persuation: The emotion in a song can sell a point of view.
Singing: Harmonising
Alistair: Intense, but inviting.
Alistair: Severe in his mannerisms
Alistair: All business, all the time
Alistair: Will make the attempt to enjoy it, and that's what matters.
Alistair: Outfit coordinates beautifully
Alistair: Not married yet
Alistair: Knows exactly where you're coming from
Alistair: Wide eyed with curiosity for most of his youth
Alistair: Believes home is where the heart is.
Alistair: He'll have whatever you're having.
Alistair: Wants to take a more active role.
Alistair: The thought of being groomed by him excites you
Alistair: A renowned 27 year old virgin
Alistair: Thinks you are handsome, charming and full of talent
Alistair: Thinks you're an excellent man who won't disappoint him.
Alistair: Wants you to give him a chance.

Loot:
NA
Fame:
NA
Alistair

Points!:

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 5/ 5
Structure: 5/ 5
Knowledge:

Psychology: Laughter can be healing
Psychology: Physical touch can be soothing.
Psychology: Extraordinary times often call for extraordinary people
Theodore: Precious to you, like Andraska
Theodore: Charming, attractive, witty and wild
Theodore: Skilled in the arts.
Theodore: Has an innocent beauty inside him
Theodore: You're determined to be a good role model to him.
Theodore: You'd like to offer him serenity
Theodore: Excited to see you
Theodore: Attracted to older men.
Theodore: Deserves better than a cold, dead man.
Theodore: Uniqe preferences
Theodore: Believes there is no better feeling than that of a note penetrating one to their core
Theodore: Drems of being a stableboy
Theodore: Made you laugh
Theodore: Believes beauty is skin deep, pleasure universal
Theodore: Thinks you should relax, and go with it.
Theodore: Thinks you are extraordinary

Loot:
NA
Fame:
NA

Overview:

General comments. I'd like to add my personal thanks to Alistair for the (poor grader) comment. Other than that, the comment I would make is that I found this thread an absolute delight to read. You two are wordsmiths and you crafted a scene which played out with the kind of beautiful melody of one of Teddy's songs.
Story Well paced, clear and cohesive - and for me had a real undertone of two men searching for something and finding it, maybe just briefly, in each other. I was concerned that the knowledges were very Alistair / Theodore heavy, but fundamentally, you told a story of two people who have known each other a lifetime finding out new things about each other.
Structure No worries - a stray italics code was the only mistake I saw.

Please remember to mark this thread as "Reviewed" in the request for review thread.
Please record these in the "Skill Point Ledger" you have in your CS.
PM me if you've got any questions at all!
[/googlefont]
word count: 512
This PC is dead. See this thread for details.
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Duchies”