A New Kind of Treasure Hunt

30th of Ymiden 717

The Orm'del Sea is an ocean that separates Eastern and Western Idalos. It is said to have many horrors awaiting those that wish to travel through its waters.
Mana
Approved Character
Race: Tunawa
Profession: Mercenary
Renown: -20
Character Sheet
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Milestones

Miscellaneous

30th of Ymiden, 717
“His name—“

“I don’t care.” Mana said flatly, and reached a hand up expectantly, “What do I get out of this?”

“Free food.”

“Cute but no.”

“Fine. Whatever he has on his ship is yours,” he smirked, “if you can sink it. If not it’s ours.”

Mana narrowed her eyes, she couldn’t sink a ship by herself and the bastard knew it but there was a Mer she could bug for help. She released the edge of the ship and pushed herself away, “Do you want a body?”

“Just his tattoo.”

Without so much as a goodbye Mana pushed herself back under the waves, the shadow of the boat disappeared quickly as she knifed back to deeper waters. She was not looking foreword to swimming all the way to Akkatava territory but she needed more hands if she was going to make this worth the effort. And it had better be worth the effort or she’d bite off that pirates greedy, lying fingers. Which she might do anyways just because now she’d have to swim all the way home to get supplies for a trip unless she had the supplies…

Nope.

Still just her compass and her dagger. With an agitated flick of her tail Mana curved herself around with a dramatic flourish of bubbles behind her, propelling her body with speed toward the oceans floor and froze. A slow, sharp smile part her lips as she eyed the tentacles. Maybe she wouldn’t have to bite off anyone’s fingers just yet. At least not if this Mer proved to be useful and there was only one real way that Mana would enjoying figuring that out.

With two powerful strokes of her tail Mana propelled herself up to the other Mer and sent out sharp, dark red hues and grinned sharply. She was expecting a fight with a send like that, ready to try and shirk out of the way of any tentacles. That was only if he fought, if he didn’t she’d be a fairly disappointed and more than a little bored but she didn’t have time to waste getting to know someone she only needed for a few trials at most.
word count: 376
Common * Telepathy * Rakahi
Moon
Approved Character
Race: Mer
Renown: -10
Character Sheet
Templates

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Shipwrecks seemed to make Moon’s hearts race like two playful dolphins the moment his eyes caught sight of one. He wasn’t one to relish in misfortune but his insatiable curiosity for dry land made him excited for what he might find. It had stuck with him since he was a small naive guppy and set him apart form the others of his tribe. Mer were typically more interested in shiny objects, provisions or weapons to plunder but Moon wished to stimulate his mind and learn more about the alien culture above water.

When his eyes caught the familiar outline of a battered ship, Moon couldn’t help but swim towards it aggressively with all of his tentacles doing their share of work. He paused however, when he resized he should be cautious in new territory, the last ship he raided was already home to un savoury beast that nearly made a meal of Moon. This was unlikely to be the because with this ship was fresh enough that the metal on its exterior showed little sign of rust. Moon help his spear at the ready regardless, ready to impale just about anything that moved.

Moon could feel the movement in the water before she arrived but was still unprepared when the other Mer arrived projecting dark red into his mind and giving him a menacingly toothy grin. This mer wished to fight, and with the lack of reason given, Moon could only assume there would be blood. Moon didn’t like to fight but often there was little choice if he wished to continue living.

Moon’s lips pulled back in a vicious snarl that exposed his rows of thin fangs and his eyes grew into a wide and intense gaze. He pointed the end of his spear at the other mer ready to deflect any any hit she might make against him but clearly hesitant to make the first move by the shaking in his hand.

<<Why?>> Moon asked even though it seemed futile. <<I don’t wish to fight but>> He projected the image of himself ripping the throat out of a creature with his teeth to show that he would do what he had to.
word count: 370
Mana
Approved Character
Race: Tunawa
Profession: Mercenary
Renown: -20
Character Sheet
Templates

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Manas grin widened as she darted up to avoid impaling herself on the Mers spear, the image of him ripping out a throat almost made her itch for an actual tussle but she restrained herself. She was here for more important things. Things like getting paid and potentially a delicious meal of land dweller.

Up she swam again, farther away from the spear to lazily swam around the Mer, inspecting and ignoring his query for the moment. His hands shook, but the send was not a lie, he’d have to do. Now if she could convince him to come with her. Mana gazed behind her quickly and took in the ruins a little ways away, ever the true Mer, hunting for treasure. Full circle Mana stopped, held up her weaponless hands in a mollifying gesture though her smile never left her face as she shook her head. As rapidly as her sends had been red, soft blues and greens coated her thoughts next, in her minds eye she sent thoughts of Mer children pulling each other’s pigtails.

“I don’t want to fight. It was only teasing, I’m Mana.”

Without an ounce of caution Mana swam closer, hands still up and gestured to the wreck by them. She thought of larger, more elaborate treasures, filled with strange human things most of which were made up in her own imagination. With a gentleness that belayed her smile she sent the images to the other Mer, hoping to be enticing.

“I’m hunting, care to join me?” She held out her hand, “I…found a better ship, more things to keep and we can split it equally.”

Well, as equally as Mana would feel like when she found out what was on the ship. If she liked it she’d be less inclined to share anything but there’d be time for that later.
word count: 315
Common * Telepathy * Rakahi
Moon
Approved Character
Race: Mer
Renown: -10
Character Sheet
Templates

Milestones

Miscellaneous

The spear cut through the water as Moon set it forward to cripple his opponent but it was easily dodged. There was no retaliation, instead the other Mer swam back a distance and encircled Moon. This action was worse than a full on assault because it meant he was dealing with someone crafty, Moon could deal with dumb brutes but crafty was another story. It felt like every muscle in Moons body was tense as his eyes carefully watched the stranger try to find the best able to strike back.

Moon’s narrowed his eyes in confusion when his mind was suddenly filled with inviting colours of peace and tranquility. The Mer who called herself Mana claimed that she didn’t want to fight and was only “teasing”. Moon knew little of humour or joy and considered it a product of the surface world. In his experience, Mer talked in with pure intentions and it was the people of the land that talked in puzzles. One would think this would make the land less appealing but it only drew Moons curiosity, As did Mana.

At the same time, Moon wasn’t a fool and knew that he should be cautious especially after the greeting he’d just received. Moon kept his distance put he relaxed a bit in the shoulders as he listened to her proposal. When Mana was done, Moon carefully eyed her for any break in her facade, before responding.

<<Moon.>> He nodded his head in an awkward and reserved greeting. It would be clear to anyone that received his message that he was referring to his name and not the flying orb in the sky.

<<I don’t need to keep treasure, I only wish to learn.>> Moon explained while making it clear with the colours and feelings carried with each word that he was more curious than treasure hungry.

<<I will hunt with you, lead the way.>> Moon remained at a safe distance and readied himself for escape if he saw even the tiniest hint that he was being led into some form of trap.
word count: 349
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Orm'del Sea”