• Closed • Closed Waters, Close Quarters (Modded)

This Is Juniper's First quest thread, and probably not her last :P

The Orm'del Sea is an ocean that separates Eastern and Western Idalos. It is said to have many horrors awaiting those that wish to travel through its waters.

Moderator: Maltruism


• Closed • Closed Waters, Close Quarters (Modded)

Postby Juniper » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:13 am

1st Trial of Zi'Da, of the 717th Arc

Juniper was starting to get really tired of being on this ship. Pretty much a prisoner even if she was free to roam about it basically just because the drunkards could barely see her. Hiding Bone was the hardest part of being stuck on this hell hole of a ship for as long as she had been. To be honest, she'd lost track of how long she'd been stuck here a long time ago.

Water being the hardest thing to find, she was starting to feel it in her body, her need to get water might be what gets her caught on this journey. She'd been able to feed Bone and herself till now on scraps of the wasteful pirates. She felt like the ship closed her off from her dream to adventure. The main problem though was that she had no clue if she was anywhere near the shore, she couldn't get up to the deck easily, and after the first few failed attempts she realized that she was risking both her and Bone's lives.

So, she'd started just to explore just the lower levels, she couldn't just allow herself to stay in one spot for too long. To be honest, this was what got her into this predicament in the first place. Putting that aside, she had found some interesting things in her explorations, her hand now on the silver leaf pendant that she'd found, on a necklace perfect for her size. She wore it around her neck now, because it was a bit easier than trying to find a place to hide it.

Stranger still was the other items that she'd found not far from where she'd found the pendant. Clothing... for Tunawa, and some other wares. She frowned as she thought about the items again. She hadn't taken them, just the pendant, taking too much was just asking to get caught. She didn't want to be a thief but, it was like it was built for her. Besides, it would be good to have some extra items to sell if she needed. She took a deep breath and looked around, none of them in the stores today either, she had to make it to the other side of the stores and under some boards to find the compartment again, but she needed to learn more.

Besides, at this point, doing nothing would be like aiding and abetting if there were a crime taking place. She really hoped it wasn't what she thought it was, either ideas didn't sound the greatest to her. Slave trade, or there were some very interesting pirates out there. The last one wasn't so bad. The first one, made her sick to her stomach. She'd heard the stories, but she didn't realize just how real they were till now. The only reason she knew that it wasn't just for dolls was a, this was a pirate ship, b, there had been no other items of the sort, that were so carefully hidden like it was something bad or important.

The only other thing that made her question it, is that even among the drunkest of sailors, there was mention of precious cargo, but not what it was. So sadly that deepened her fears that it was the former choice and not the later. But if that was the case. Wouldn't that mean they needed to dock soon? Or had they lost the cargo? Or haven't found it yet? Or was there another Tunawa on this ship.. being kept as a pet? She spat on the floor, the very idea sickening her. She would NEVER go with it if she was caught. She would rather burn. With that thought on the brain, she started towards the compartment, there had to be something that she missed.
User avatar
Juniper
Approved Character
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:29 am
Race: Tunawa
Profession: Adventurer
Fame: +10
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes

Closed Waters, Close Quarters (Modded)

Postby Pegasus » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:53 am

Image

The ship which Juniper was on was a large vessel, filled with people who seemed, to the little tunawa, to be almost constantly drunk. Yet, the ship stayed on whatever course it was on, food was served, all maintained. Maybe not all drunk, all the time, in order for that to happen. In reality, who knew what the strange people who crewed this ship were doing? Not a tiny stowaway and, therefore, many things remained hidden.

Yet each of them, drunk or sober, dangerous or very very dangerous, they all spoke of a precious cargo. What was it? There were some things which Juniper could be sure it was not, simply judging by how things were treated, but still ~ that didn't tell her what it might be.

So, on that particular trial, Juniper went back to look at the strange tunawa-related cargo she had found. Making her way there, the young one from Magini saw and heard life on the ship continuing as normal, nothing particularly of note as she made her way. But when she got there, it was a different story. Just as Juniper was starting to move to where she could have a look at the strange cargo here, she heard the noise of people approaching. Heavy footfalls, men talking. The little tunawa needed to hide if she didn't want to be found. It wasn't difficult to hide, there were plenty of little nooks and crannies that she could shoot into.

There, in the dark, she could hear the conversation of the crew members as they made their way in to the room where the tunawa items were.

"So, she's gettin' picked up to-trial?"
"Aye, that's what the Cap'n says"
"Shit, man, she sounds well weird."
"What's your point, she's payin' well. We just need to get everything ready for her and her dolls."
"I'm just saying. It's weird."
"No doubt. So, everythin' tunawa sized. Come on."

After a few moments, there was an exclamation. "Shit, man, where's the necklace?"
"What? Don't be messing around!"
"I'm not man, it's gone."
"We've got to find it"

And they started looking. First rummaging, then starting to search more and more seriously. They might well end up uncovering her if she wasn't careful. What would Juniper do?
User avatar
Pegasus
Ignoble steed
Storyteller - Rank 3
 
Posts: 3512
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:08 pm
Location: Scalvoris & Rharne!
Race: Prophet
Profession: Telling Stories!
Fame: -665
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Medals: 22
Contributor of the Month (1) Guest on Live Chat! (1) World Developer (1) Artíst (1)
Dungeon Master (1) Mentor (1) Ambassador (1) Supporter (1)
Review Master (1) One Arc Later... (1) Pioneer (1) Puppet Master (1)
Lol Worthy (1) Storyteller (1) Holy Tax Accountant (1) Keyboard Monkey (1)
King Kong (1) Vhalar 716 (1) Idalos Awards 2016 (1) Winner Idalos Awards 2016 (1)
Crush The Reviews! 717 (1) Crush The Reviews! 15+ (1)

Closed Waters, Close Quarters (Modded)

Postby Juniper » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:41 pm

1st Trial of Zi'Da, of the 717th Arc

Scrambling, she just barely made it into a rat hole, and gods did it smell like one. If she moved from where she was thought, that was going to be a problem. Her body shook as she tried to fight back the fear, almost holding her breath as she listened to them.

They lost something and were upset about it, she fought back a gasp as she covered the necklace so that it wouldn't glint in any of the light outside of the hole. Slipping further in the hole and around the wall when one of the men bent over by the wall where she was.

Who was 'she'? A slave owner? A pirate slave owner? Or maybe the captain had a child? A child wouldn't be able to 'pay well' though.. and a captain wouldn't have to do so.. So... the pirates.... they're doing something out of the norm for them? Who was this lady.. and why was this necklace and these other items so important to her?

What was the true fascination with her people, why did her people get turned into... dolls? She frowned as she looked in the darkness as if trying to find an answer there, though she knew she wouldn't find one.

Would these men stop trying to look eventually? Probably not soon. She slid down, her back against the wall, not making a sound as she tried to make any more sense that she could of her situation.

These pirates were getting paid to do something... Traffic a lady.. and her slaves, tunawa's somewhere, for a good sum of money. Why? Would she find out if she let herself get caught? Probably not at this point no... What would happen if she did get caught? Would she get tortured? What if she gave back the necklace, would she be able to learn anything then?

Taking a deep breath she looked around, confused and concerned, this necklace was important to them? Or at least the woman that they were running with. She couldn't let them get it. Not yet, she had to find a way around to Bone, glad that Bone had been a good girl so far and not made a peep from what she could hear. Juniper thought she was inside a wall that connected elsewhere... Seeing many directions she could go.

She decided to stay in the wall here for now to make sure that she could listen in on the conversation. Taking a few more steps away from the door as she thought she heard mention of the mouse/rat hole that she was in right now. She had to be out of hands reach or else she'd be caught for sure.

Closing her eyes as the fear rose in her heart. She couldn't get caught if she was going to figure out what was going on. Her heart raced with that fear, along with a strange excitement. She was going to get her adventure sooner rather than later. At least that was a start.
User avatar
Juniper
Approved Character
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:29 am
Race: Tunawa
Profession: Adventurer
Fame: +10
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes

Closed Waters, Close Quarters (Modded)

Postby Pegasus » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:30 am

Image

Juniper decided that the thing to do was to wait and listen in to the conversation. This meant that she might be able to gather some intelligence, make sure that she had all the information at hand. Conversely, it might mean that she was putting herself in the clutches of all sorts of danger but, once the decision was made, only time would tell.

The two men continued to speak. "Jakeman's not gonna be happy," the first one said, with a tinge of fear.
"Nor is Hall"
"Shit, man, I forgot about Hall. It's all too messed up for me."
"You're telling me. Jakeman and Hall together? I can't even think."
"Shut up. Keep searching."

Meanwhile, Juniper stepped backwards and realised that she was not, in fact, somewhere with lots of handy places to escape. No, she was in what seemed to be a small, hidden compartment in the wall - a sort of secret hidey-hole for storing stuff. There wasn't anything else in there at the moment, except her, but there was the smell of tobacco and cigars in here, like they'd been stored here recently.

Oh, and of course there was dust. Dust and musty smells, the trace of cigar and two men who were searching the room.

"You know. We are going to get skinned for this."
"Yeah, you're not wrong."
A pause, then, the continued sounds of searching, but then a more thoughtful speech from the first man.

"I reckon we should have a search around in here, see if there's anything stashed. Then next door, then next door, till we find something."
"Sort of, a peace offering?"
"Yeah, except more of a don't skin me offering."

There was silence for a few moments, and then.
"Good plan"

And the sounds Juniper was hearing changed. Now, it was banging against the walls, evidently searching for small, enclosed hidey-holes used for storing stuff.

Just like this one.

Currently, the banging wasn't on the wall of the compartment she was in. Soon, it would be. .. ... .....
User avatar
Pegasus
Ignoble steed
Storyteller - Rank 3
 
Posts: 3512
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:08 pm
Location: Scalvoris & Rharne!
Race: Prophet
Profession: Telling Stories!
Fame: -665
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Medals: 22
Contributor of the Month (1) Guest on Live Chat! (1) World Developer (1) Artíst (1)
Dungeon Master (1) Mentor (1) Ambassador (1) Supporter (1)
Review Master (1) One Arc Later... (1) Pioneer (1) Puppet Master (1)
Lol Worthy (1) Storyteller (1) Holy Tax Accountant (1) Keyboard Monkey (1)
King Kong (1) Vhalar 716 (1) Idalos Awards 2016 (1) Winner Idalos Awards 2016 (1)
Crush The Reviews! 717 (1) Crush The Reviews! 15+ (1)

Closed Waters, Close Quarters (Modded)

Postby Juniper » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:42 pm

1st Trial of Zi'Da, of the 717th Arc

Of all the things that could have happened, why was she so bad at figuring out where she was? She frowned as she looked around, Wishing for once that she was brown like wood and not green like a sunflower stem. She was going to get caught here, and she was going to lose something that she felt was rightfully hers.

She held the necklace close to her chest. If she threw it out on the floor, there was still a chance they'd find her. If she was smelling things correctly there were cigars and cigs in this compartment. Whatever it was.

Shaking, she wished that someone higher up than them would call on them, but she knew that she couldn't count on that. She looked around the compartment she was in quietly. Feeling for something, anything that could get her out of this. A bag maybe that she could crawl into. But she wasn't going to have that much luck either. She'd been pretty good to hide on this boat for as long as she had, especially since she'd been getting food for her and Bone too.

Fighting back tears, she braced herself to be caught. That this might be her last adventure. Her freedom would be gone, and she'd find a way to set herself on fire. Because she couldn't let herself be caught like some exotic pet. Or... she'd bargain for Bone to have a good home.... She curled up and got under some of the items in the compartment with her and just waited, because if she tried to get out now, she didn't know if they'd see her. If she stayed, then she might have a chance to get out of this, they might find some good booze in another compartment, not that she really believed that would happen.
User avatar
Juniper
Approved Character
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:29 am
Race: Tunawa
Profession: Adventurer
Fame: +10
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes

Closed Waters, Close Quarters (Modded)

Postby Pegasus » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:56 am

Image

Ahh, the dangers of jumping into a place you don't know on a ship you're stowing away on - you just never know what you're going to get. So, Juniper found herself in quite a tricky situation. There was nothing in the compartment with her, either useful or not and so it was just her and the scent of the former occupants. It was empty and, as such, if they opened the compartment she was in, she was very royally in a pickle.

The banging continued, the conversation did not but every now and then there was a "Huh?" or a "Naah, no use." But other than that, not really. Nothing else except the inevitable sound of the two men getting closer, and closer again. That was, until she heard something specific.

"Well, what's this then?"
"Shit, man, what have you got there?"

Whatever it was, the banging stopped and they moved away from where they were getting closer, and closer, to Juniper. It was well timed, very much so and it might cause Juniper to feel a sense of relief. At least, for a while.

"It's a bird?"
"Yeah, an' a trained one too. Wow. And look there,"
"What's that?"
"It's a saddle, you idjit."
"A saddle? But that....."

And as Juniper heard the familiar sound of Bone's voice rising in a call, just at the same moment as the two men spoke, in unison and the same two words.

"Tunawa sized!"
"Tunawa sized!"

"We've got to show the captain. I mean, she might love this!"
"I reckon she will. But where'd this guy come from?"
"Who cares? Come on"

And the sound which came to Juniper's ears then was the sound of two sets of footsteps moving away, starting to exit the room. She had a chance to act, if she chose to, before they did, or she could wait it out. The choice was hers.
User avatar
Pegasus
Ignoble steed
Storyteller - Rank 3
 
Posts: 3512
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:08 pm
Location: Scalvoris & Rharne!
Race: Prophet
Profession: Telling Stories!
Fame: -665
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Medals: 22
Contributor of the Month (1) Guest on Live Chat! (1) World Developer (1) Artíst (1)
Dungeon Master (1) Mentor (1) Ambassador (1) Supporter (1)
Review Master (1) One Arc Later... (1) Pioneer (1) Puppet Master (1)
Lol Worthy (1) Storyteller (1) Holy Tax Accountant (1) Keyboard Monkey (1)
King Kong (1) Vhalar 716 (1) Idalos Awards 2016 (1) Winner Idalos Awards 2016 (1)
Crush The Reviews! 717 (1) Crush The Reviews! 15+ (1)

Closed Waters, Close Quarters (Modded)

Postby Juniper » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:50 pm

1st Trial of Zi'Da, of the 717th Arc

There was no moment of relief, not at all, not a second of reprieve for Juniper's little heart. In fact, it broke her heart into a million pieces when she realized what they'd found. She'd left Bone, alone. Tears dripped to the floor as she got up. What could she do? What would she do? She had to save her baby! Her child, her friend! But how could she do that? How could she save Bone, and save herself.

Quickly, without thinking, she made her way out of the compartment. Bone was all she had, but she did have one other thing hiding on this ship that hadn't been found yet. She might be able to use that to her advantage. She knew that the bigger beings were greed snobs that cared not for nature but on rare occasions. She could use that to her advantage.

She ran, knowing that she was probably not going to survive the next couple of days, but she didn't care anymore, all that she cared about was Bone, who was fighting with the men that had grabbed her every step of the way, biting and clawing, out of fear, and out of anger. "Please.... please don't fight too much Bone.. they might just kill you before I get to you.." She whispered. Running as hard as she could. Her steps not making a sound compared to how loud the sea was.

Even when to door closed on her she kept going, the make of the door old, and rotting, she slipped under it with ease. She looked for the men, gasping in tiny breaths to find the men that were taking Bone. She spotted the flailing bird before the men, and started in their direction, running behind barrels, brooms and the like to have some form of cover, but not really caring. Holding the necklace to her so that it didn't jingle when she ran.

Out of breath, she kept pushing, pure adrenaline keeping her going, along with a dash of fear. She couldn't let herself get stopped, she had to keep up with these men, follow them to where ever they were going, she had to, or Bone was going to be gone to her forever. She fought back the tears and followed them to an almost quiet part of the ship, a part that she hadn't been to before.
User avatar
Juniper
Approved Character
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:29 am
Race: Tunawa
Profession: Adventurer
Fame: +10
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes

Closed Waters, Close Quarters (Modded)

Postby Pegasus » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:09 am

Image

It was, when it came down to it, a matter of physics. Juniper was tiny by comparison and so, she was able to keep out of sight easily. She was also able to squeeze under the door without bother. In these ways, physics worked in her favour. However, when it came to keeping up with the people who were so much bigger than her, physics most certainly worked in the opposite direction.

Juniper ran, but the two men strode and, once they were outside, up on deck, Juniper could not just run after them or others would see her. So, the best she got was that she saw where they had taken Bone, the door they had gone through. It was a ship, and the men walked where it was clear for them to walk. Above deck they couldn't have barrels everywhere, or in a storm or even high winds, they would just be too dangerous.

So, Juniper had a decision to make. Run, helter skelter after the men holding her bird and run the very significant risk of getting caught. It was more than likely, in fact, she had to know that.

Or she could go more quietly and try and follow them - but unless she ran full pelt, Juniper wasn't going to keep up with them. Even if she did run at her fastest, she still might not - they were moving relatively quickly, puposefully.

In terms of if she wanted to try and be stealthy, well, she had a few options. The door they headed in to was across a wide open space. Juniper could stick to the edges of the boat and make a long way around. She could try and "hitch an unseen lift" with someone going past, but there was a wide open space and people around who could, and probably would see her if she legged it.

She had a decision to make and it had to be quick!
User avatar
Pegasus
Ignoble steed
Storyteller - Rank 3
 
Posts: 3512
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:08 pm
Location: Scalvoris & Rharne!
Race: Prophet
Profession: Telling Stories!
Fame: -665
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Medals: 22
Contributor of the Month (1) Guest on Live Chat! (1) World Developer (1) Artíst (1)
Dungeon Master (1) Mentor (1) Ambassador (1) Supporter (1)
Review Master (1) One Arc Later... (1) Pioneer (1) Puppet Master (1)
Lol Worthy (1) Storyteller (1) Holy Tax Accountant (1) Keyboard Monkey (1)
King Kong (1) Vhalar 716 (1) Idalos Awards 2016 (1) Winner Idalos Awards 2016 (1)
Crush The Reviews! 717 (1) Crush The Reviews! 15+ (1)

Closed Waters, Close Quarters (Modded)

Postby Juniper » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:30 pm

1st Trial of Zi'Da, of the 717th Arc

She hated her small form at this very moment. Hated that what she wanted to do, and what her survival instincts told her were two different things. In her brain, so many scenarios played, but her body was already moving. She was climbing, climbing up railings and running. Running to a rope. She just had to keep them in her sights, she didn't have to keep up with them. She just needed to know where they were headed.

She fought the tears, because they'd just get in the way at this point. Climbing up the rope as quickly but as carefully as she could. Almost falling a couple of times, but she didn't give up.

Using the rope she eventually made it all the way up to the crow's nest, well.. the outer edge of it at least, feeling quite weak at this point. But she wasn't going to give up. She looked around, watching for the men, and watching for any others that might spot her. If worse comes to worse she was going to have to act her way out of this. Not that she really had any skill in it, but she had to try.

At least, she had to pretend that she wasn't scared shitless. She was gasping, holding to the side of the Crow's nest as hard as possible. Though, even the slightest wind might knock her off at this point from all the effort she'd put in trying to get here.

User avatar
Juniper
Approved Character
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:29 am
Race: Tunawa
Profession: Adventurer
Fame: +10
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes

Closed Waters, Close Quarters (Modded)

Postby Juniper » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:37 am

1st Trial of Zi'Da, of the 717th Arc

The men that had Bone were knocking on some door. Seeming to be asking for permission to come in. That must have been the captains quarters. This was when she became painfully aware that the whole thing was a mistake. She should have found someone to travel with, anyone, even one of those people that burst into fire was more preferable than this.

The way that Bone screeched for her broke her heart. And the way that they were holding her, she was going to get hurt. She wanted to jump, with all her heart she wanted to jump down, she wanted so bad to be something like a panther, or a lion, so she could rip these pirate's throats out. But she didn't even have her Quarterstaff. She gasp, remembering exactly where it was. In her saddle bag.... which was on Bone.

Suddenly, the world was dark, looking around she realized why. A giant hand was reaching down. She started to move along the side, but it was too late. The giant hand adjusted course and snatched her up.

"Well what's this then? When did you get on here little one?" A male voice cutting through the wind as she tried to fight her way out of his grip. She grunted and yelled, beating on the hand that held her.

"Woah there little one. You're feisty aren't you." He chuckled and looked down over the edge. "WALLABY, CAMEN! Wait there! Got something a little extra for ya!" He called from the crows nest down to the two men at the captain's door. They looked up at him curiously, seemed like they weren't going anywhere for a moment, like the captain had asked for a moment anyways.

The man holding her skillfully worked his way down the mast. "Let me GO." She squirmed and writhed, slamming her balled up fists on the man's hand.

The way the man laughed at her almost felt demeaning. "Or what, you're going to prick me? Got enough pricks around here sweetheart." He laughed boisterously as if he'd made the best joke in the world, Juniper just scowled.

"What's that you got there Smith?" Said the man holding her bird, who was now making even more of a racket and trying to get to Juniper. "Ah shit man. Why do I gotta hold this thing? What's into it?! It's like it don't like being held or somethin'! Why don't you take a turn Camen?" The man apparently named Wallaby complained to the one man that wasn't holding a thing.

"I got me a pretty little thing Wallaby. And she seems to have something that you boy were probably looking for downstairs?" he started to try and pull of the necklace. Juniper bit his finger hard as soon as he got close enough. Cursing under his breath he reflexively moved his hand away. Snarling at her and giving her a scowl as she spat out some of the skin she'd gotten off his finger.

"Let go of me, and let go of my bird!" She glared at them.

They laughed, 'Your bird? Let you both go? But you've stolen something of ours." Said Camen.

"Then I'll give it back! It's not like I really wanted this trash anyway!" She pulled the necklace off and threw it at Camen, who almost fumbled it.

All three men looked at her and smirked. "Hey Smith, you think Cap'n would like to see this one as well?"

"You might be right Wallaby, though, that birds beatin' you up good. You sure you don't need help."

"Not from your ugly mug." They all laughed, that was until a very angry woman appeared in the doorway.

She was dressed in mostly leather it looked like, and had really long curly brown hair. "What's yer problem boy's. Can't you have you're fun away from my door? Or..." She paused and looked between the three men and what was held in their hands. An eyebrow over deep brown eyes raising with interest. "Talk." It was an order it seemed like. No questions.

"Well Miss"
"Ma'am"
"You see that's" All three of them started to talk at the same time.

She put a hand up, "Camen.. now."

He cleared his throat and straightened up. "We went to look for the tunawa items Captain. Instead found this bird, which we thought was strange, not sure where it came from, and then Smith came down from the Crow's Nest with this little one." He pointed to Juniper. "She had the necklace. Thought that it'd be good to show you what we found. She tried to bargain to get set free by giving back the necklace but we knew better than that. Isn't that right boys?" They nodded in agreement. "So here we are, and... Wallaby get that damned bird to shut up!"

Bone was now screeching to the Desnind and back. Biting and clawing at the hands that held her. Wallaby winced, it was obvious that it hurt. "I don't know how! Ever since that... thing.. that tunawa came into its sight it got worse!"

The woman that was the captain rolled her eyes looking to Juniper. "Your bird? Shut it up. Or you're both dead."

Juniper's breath hitched, something about the way the lady said it. Disinterested, seemed to be a good word for it, like she didn't care either way, which was almost as scary as her wanting to keep Juniper alive to torture her. Or worse, Bone.

Looking down, giving one really long, high pitched screech, like she was mimicking Bone's verbal pattern, and then a long whistle similar in tone. Bone froze, and immediately quieted. Bone looking only at Juniper, giving one last whiney screeched before going completely quiet.

Juniper hated doing that to Bone. But it was to keep her safe. She looked up and scowled at the woman that was staring at her with interest now. "There... HAPPY!?"

"Actually, quite. Didn't realized that a wild tunawa would be so obedient." She smirked and reached her hand out to Smith. "Give 'er to me and get back to yer post, before I dock ya some of yer pay."

Juniper would have laughed at the look that Smith gave as he handed her over as quickly as possible. Though, what threw her for a loop was that the Captain didn't have a firm grip on her, maybe because she knew that she wouldn't go anywhere with Bone still in danger. The female now turned to the two men. "Where's the rest of the items I requested?"

"I.. Ma'am we...."

"GO" She held her hand out for the bird and waited. When Bone was in her hand she stepped back into her room and shut the door. She was holding Bone by her neck.

"Stop! You're hurting her! Put her down! I promise! She won't go anywhere!" Juniper was breathless as she looked between the scared looking Bone and the Captain, who seemed disinterested in her plea's. She dropped Juniper on her desk and then moved to a cage, stuffing Bone in it.

"No! I told you she won't fly! Please! She's never been caged!" Every time Bone screeched out, it ripped through Juniper's heart. Tears welled up in her eyes as she reached out to her bird, not that she could reach her. "Don't worry Bone, It's okay, please, stay calm, I won't let the mean giant's hurt you anymore."

At that the woman turned to her with a raised eyebrow. " 'Mean Giants?' " She said using air quotes and looking at Juniper like she'd just said something dirty. "You are the one stowing away on my ship you little tree bitch. So.. How did you get on." She sneered. "Did you come to try and stop the operation? Some underground Tunawa slave cop?" She slammed her hand down on the desk next to Juniper. "TELL ME!"
User avatar
Juniper
Approved Character
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:29 am
Race: Tunawa
Profession: Adventurer
Fame: +10
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes

Next

Return to Orm'del Sea