Diary entry - Vhalar 64, Arc 709

Free flow of Finn's thoughts, reflecting on the events.

Here is the City in the Trees. Desnind, home of the Immortal Moseke and much more! All IC writings in Desnind go here.
Finn
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Priest and doctor assistant
Renown: 130
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Vhalar 64, Arc 709

It was quite an eventful day today. Ti came. He helped me learn Xanthea. I got to say it was easy at first. Way too easy. But it’s a nice language. Melodic. I like it. It was odd though. Ti, even though a child, did not know how to write at all. It is strange how childhoods can be similar and different. I would have given anything to be able to write at his age, but Ti… He seems fine. He seems happy without knowing it. Was I just too eager back then? Knowing that something was not right? Or am I just confusing the situations? Giving them more meaning than what they have... Well, it doesn’t matter. Not now, anyways.
So, Ti and the lesson. I thought I might want to write down the words to remember them. It was: good morning, good afternoon and good night. I like the last one the most. It sounds soothing. It reminds of something, a voice. No, a quality of a voice. But I can’t quite place it. Maybe it’s just how Ti said it... Everything in this place is odd, though. Strange but familiar. It feels like I long for something in here. Not sure what yet. But I like the peaceful feeling that comes along with it. The fact that I can just walk out the door and feel like I still belong somehow. The world is larger than I thought. Telar was right about that.
Anyway, Ti also tried to teach me more complicated stuff. Requests. Proper sentences. I don’t know how he managed to keep his cool so much and for so long. I was butchering it! Maybe every Sev’ryn is this calm and collected even if they are kids. Or maybe it’s just Ti? Or is it the way Sev’ryn children are brought up? I’ll need to ask Telar when he wakes up tomorrow.
Either way, this is the rest of the things I’ve learnt. I think…
I would like please.
Where is market?
What your name?
And one more thing I don’t quite remember. I’m sure even these notes have mistakes but it’s too late and I’m tired. But I tried. I always do.
word count: 386
Favourite quote:
They do not yet understand the purpose of forgiveness. It is not to spare wrongdoers a punishment they deserve. It is to spare the injured ones the ongoing pain they do not.

~ Ymiden
Kingdom
Prophet of Old
Race: Mer
Renown: -1000
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Finn

Knowledge:
Ti: Xanthea Teacher
Xanthea: Greetings
Xanthea: Sentence structure
Writing: Diary Entries

Loot: N/A
Injuries: N/A
Fame: N/A

Story: 2/5
Collaboration: N/A
Structure: 5/5

Comment: I shouldn't actually award you anything because it is not ‘in practice’ rather the character is merely recalling what was done. However, I was nice just this once, please don’t make a habit of this.
word count: 69
A N D I T' S A L L J U S T S M A L L S T U F F, B A B Y.
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Desnind”