Renown: 1000
Office
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

Events

Blessing Ability Suggestion Thread

So I posted this awhile back, though it didn't get much attention back then. I'm bringing it back, and placing it here, in the hopes of it getting a bit more attention.
Okay, so I've been given the illustrious, if slightly daunting task, of creating/finish the Mark/Blessing. During this venture I will, of course, be working in tandem with the other Prophets, most notably those who had the biggest influence in the shaping and design of the Immortals. Though, as I see this as a community based game, and because you present and active now can be considered the first settlers to the great world of Idalos. I want to offer you a chance to leave you own "Mark" on it per-say.

Now, I know we already have on completed Mark Suggestion for Tried. I've done a quick read over, and like it for the most part. I may, with some tweaking and adjusting use it. So, this is what I want from you. I want to know what kind of abilities you want to see in the Marks. You can suggest a full ability with progressions through the tiers, or just give me a write up of somethings you'd like to see and I'll do my best to make them fit. I make no promises that if you post a suggestion here that it'll be used, but I will try to find a way to incorporate as many as I can.

What I want to see:
Creativeness: try not to get stuck with the same abilities we already have. Go read the Marks that are current done.
Completeness: give me as much detail on the ability, effects, descriptions, the more info I have to go off of the easier it will be to find a Mark to fit it to.
Simplicity: Don't make it to complex. Other players are going to have to be able to use it.
Fun: Have fun with it.

What I don't want to see:
I don't what a full Mark write up: That's not what I'm looking for. I want everyone to have a shot at being a part of development. If I have one person go through and write Marks for everyone that takes away from the others. Be fair.

Also, I know a lot of the Immortals are still under development. Don't worry about that. Don't worry about trying to force you ability to fit a particular Immortal, or Mark. If you have an idea and don't know if it will fit anywhere, leave that decision to myself and the other Prophets. Again, have fun, this is your chance to be a part of the sites development.

Can't wait to see what you give me.

~Z
Most of what I originally said still stands. Also, along with abilities, if you have ideas for any curses those are also welcome. Give us what you've got. In attention to this, any approved abilities, whether used in a Mark or not will be eligible for Point Bank points.
word count: 523
Mal
Race: Naerikk
Profession: Thief
Renown: -92
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Aelig's Argua

Gestalt
Borne by a compulsion to be wholly someone else, Gestalt allows the marked to submerse themselves in the blood of a sapient. They will then emerge bearing their face, even feeling a compulsion to talk and act in the manner of the victim. The illusion is life-like to the very touch, even the texture of the hair. The marked's physical presence is limited to the illusory vessel, though they may tear it open by ripping it apart with their bare hands via a circular void in the chest upon the bare skin. An illusion, a winged Gestalt does not necessarily permit flight whilst a strong one would not enhance strength.
word count: 116
Doran
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: 1162
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

This is an idea I had the other day. It might still need some adjustment. I'm also not sure which Immortal it would suit - maybe Delroth as he is the Immortal of Birds?
Bird Vision (minor)

The bearer can delve into the mind of a bird in their vicinity for up to half a break, see what it sees and feel what it feels, but they cannot control the bird’s movements. For as long as this ability is activated, the bearer’s own senses are dulled as they still find it hard to split their consciousness in two. At this stage maintaining contact with the bird requires high amounts of concentration. If the bearer’s concentration is disturbed, it will often result in the connection to the bird being severed.

Bird Vision (moderate)

The bearer can maintain contact with the bird for up to a break. At this stage they will be able to delve into the mind of the bird nearly effortlessly and see with the bird’s eyes as well as their own as they have mastered splitting their consciousness in two. Maintaining the connection will require very little concentration at this point, and it is not easily severed.

Bird Vision (major)

The bearer cannot only effortlessly delve into the mind of a bird and maintain contact with it, even under great amounts of stress, but also control its movements. At this stage the duration of the contact is only limited by the needs of the bearer’s own body. Although they can force the bird to eat while connected to it, their own body will derive no nourishment from it.

word count: 275

Mutations

N/A

Blessings

N/A

Worn Items

Ring of Reversal
Ring of Immunity
Sintih
Race: Yludih
Profession: Student
Renown: 110
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

I'm not really sure who this would belong to, most likely Vri but possibly Ashan or even Ralaith.

Clarity before death
In a moment of death, the marked can pass on some of their own vitality to the dying in order to hear their last words and wishes. Any dying person will find themselves strengthened while they pass on their final request, even as they continue to die. The time spent by the dying to voice their wish is taken from the marked instead. Upon hearing their request, the marked can choose to take on their wish in order to complete it. Should they manage to complete it, they will receive the lost time back with some interest for their troubles. While this is nothing near immortality, active marked have been known to outlive others of their race by about ten arcs.
word count: 143
Quio
Approved Character
Race: Yludih
Renown: 113
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 3

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Not sure where to put this but look! I made a mock-up of Champion-level Celarion. :)

Sorry for the weird cut-off and it's technically on the wrong arm BUT it's totally hard to find a good reference pic of a forearm, let me tell you.
word count: 49
A L I A S E S
Quio
Freeman
Ruq, Iaan, Korim
Image Image Image
Tio Silver
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Race: Immortal
Profession: God of Curses
Renown: 665
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Here's another one for Aelig's Argua that I think fits his domain of Mimicry pretty well.

Mimicker's Mirror

The Argua can copy the effects of the last non-permanent mark ability they've seen used within that last three breaks that is the same tier or lower than this one. This mimicked power can only be used in the exactly same way as the person whom they are copying from used it, with absolutely no room for variation (e.g. If they saw a Sesser use tarnsformer's toolbox to turn their hair blonde, they would also only be able to use it to turn their hair blonde.)
word count: 111
Fast Facts
Noticeable quirks your character can see when threading with Tio.

Floats

Tio floats in the air, usually just a foot off the ground.

Explodeibur

Tio wears a scary looking gauntlet on his right hand that is clearly magical. It creates explosions.

Mercury

Tio has a masked alter ego who leads The Court of Miracles.

Enchanting Voice

Tio's voice has hypnotic properties.
Rumour
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

Thank you all for the blessing ability suggestions! Those that were suggested for outstanding marks are being taken into consideration. :)

Here is the updated list of blessings that are still in-progress where we are open to new ability ideas:
  • Aelig
  • Aeva
  • Cassion
  • Chamadarst
  • Edasha (curse)
  • Pier & Pre
  • Treid
Cheers,
Ru
word count: 51

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
Office | Rharne | Rharne Lore | Lightning Knights | Thunder Priestesses | Merchants Guild
Tio Silver
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Here's a few more suggestions for Argua powers. Apologies if they seem a little bit cliche:

Doppelganger

To activate this ability the marked must take a couple of steps in any direction. As they do, a perfect illusion of themselves is created which seems to step out of their body in an opposing direction, making it impossible for onlookers to tell which is the illusion and which is the real person without supernatural means. The marked can mentally control this doppelganger with ease so long as they can perceive what it is doing and have it act and speak in a perfect imitation of themselves, however if anything physical touches the illusion it will immediately vanish. The marked can create and control up to two doppelgangers at favoured, three at adored, four at exalted and five at champion level.

Let Loose
Once per season an exalted of Aelig can call upon his domain of chaos to incite anarchic desired within a crowd of people. Those standing nearby to the marked will feel their resentment towards figures of authority emboldened and will find it hard to resist the call to riot, especially when a suitable excuse to do so is provided. People with initially stronger feelings of resentment can be driven into a mindless frenzy, but likewise people with weaker feelings of resentment or high levels of skill in discipline or meditation can resist this effect.

Nemesis
With this power a champion of Aelig can summon a being that can test any enemy no matter how strong they may be: a phantom copy of their opponent. When activated, this power creates a physical phantom that looks exactly like their opponent (though often with minor colour changes in areas such as the eyes, hair, etc.) and perfectly copies any equipment they have, skills they've learnt, and magical or marked powers they possess. The marked cannot control the phantom, however the phantom will possess only one objective: to kill the one they're copying, and will do everything in its power to do so. The copy instinctively knows the darkest secrets and fears of the one they're copying, and uses this to portray the personality the opponent finds the most disturbing to see on an exact image of themselves and taunt them in order to break their focus.

This power can only be activated once per season, never upon a person more than once, and only on a member of one of the races or a revealed mage. If anyone (the marked included) tries to interfere with the fight between the target and their copy they will be interrupted by the appearance of another phantom which will copy and try to destroy them. The only way to end this ability is for the target to kill their copy or escape from them, or for the copy to kill their target.
word count: 480
Fast Facts

Floats

Explodeibur

Tio wears a scary looking gauntlet on his right hand that is clearly magical. It creates explosions.

Mercury

Enchanting Voice

Tio Silver
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Here's an idea for Edasha's curse as well:

Hated
Simply yet effective, this transforms a person into a form that is undeniably hideous to behold. In a matter of days the cursed may develop large, pus filled boils across their face, crooked black teeth with horrible breath, or any other manner of disgusting looking features that will completely negate whatever attractive features they once had and make them incapable of seduction. Most of the people cursed at this level were once very attractive people who did nothing more than accidentally make Edasha jealous of them, and once cursed have found themselves developing a whole new perspective on life.

Despised
This level of Edasha's curse does not have much effect the cursed one themselves, but rather all the people they are emotionally attached to, particularly lovers, girlfriends and spouses. These people find themselves developing and overwhelming desire to seek out whatever the cursed once provided them with, such as love, friendship or pleasure, from someone else. The cursed slowly finds themselves becoming more and more alone as friends start to hang out with other people, spouses disappear to other houses at night, and even their children look to other people to act as their parental figure. As they notice these changes the cursed will find it harder and harder to dispel thoughts and feelings of jealousy towards these people from their mind.

Condemned
Pity the poor soul who earns Edasha's ire so much as to receive the full power of her curse, for they alone know the true meaning of ugliness. Upon being cursed the victim is transformed into a hideous monster, so utterly inhuman and disgusting that all living creatures are so repulses by their presence that conversation becomes intolerable, and most not seeking to kill them flee at the very sight of them. Not only that, but the eyes of the cursed turn a sickly green colour, and from that moment on all that the cursed can see is the ugliness of the word, both in the physical sense and in the characters of others, and become disgusted at the sight of absolutely everything, especially themselves. Those few who survive with this for a long time soon grow overwhelmingly jealous of those who can still perceive the beauty of the world and become monsters in mind as well as body.
word count: 395
Fast Facts

Floats

Explodeibur

Mercury

Enchanting Voice

Rumour
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

Oh, we like you, Tio. AWESOME suggestions! <3 Thanks for contributing! I'll make sure to give you a heads up & credit if these are used or adapted.
word count: 28

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
Office | Rharne | Rharne Lore | Lightning Knights | Thunder Priestesses | Merchants Guild
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “CtW - Unfinished Archive”