Calling All Thieves, Vagabonds and other Ne'er-do-wells.

It's Time To Unite!

Players can use this forum as a way of connecting with other players for roleplaying purposes whether it's for finding friends for your character, family members, group members, etc.

Postby Tio Silver » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:34 am

Calling All Thieves, Vagabonds, Pirates, Bandits and other Ne'er-Do-Wells

Attention all you people in Idalos who're greedy for gold and aren't shy about it!

We all know how fun it is be the lone outlaw; stealing from the rich, stealing from the poor, and generally just taking whatever strikes your fancy. Nobody can deny that it's good to be bad, and that's probably why there's a growing number of characters on this site that are making a name for themselves outside of the law. But are we, the rogues community, reaching our full potential when we're all scattered and separated across the globe? There are vast riches and powerful treasures locked away in vaults, castles and chests all over Idalos, but many of them are so well protected that no one character is good enough to get at them on their own.

That is why I propose that we, the PC criminals of all kinds, band together to form a faction dedicated to the singular goal of making ourselves absurdly rich! This faction will not seek to limit your characters freedom in any way: there will be no set of rules you have to follow, no need to stay in the region it's based in, and no Immortal to swear your undying allegiance to. This faction will simply be an alliance of larcenists the world over who agree to pool information regarding happenings in the criminal underworld, and meet up to work together when an opportunity to make some serious coin presents itself. We will be the bank robbers who break into vaults most thought to be impenetrable, the burglars who steal crowns right off the heads of kings! And in time we'll be a name that people all over Idalos recognize as the the most notorious band of outlaws in the world.

But of course what is a faction without members? The purpose of this advert is to ask if anyone else feels the same way as I do, and would be interested in being a part of this faction I hope to create. If you are, post a reply below with any suggestion you have for a group name, potential heists we could commit and anything else you think could add some flavor to this faction.

So what are you waiting for? Be the villain you were born to be! Stop waiting for someone to come along and corrupt you. Succumb to the darkness yourself!
Tio Silver
Bad in all the Good Ways

Race: Yludih
Profession: Pirate Captain
Renown: +302
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Letters
Medals: 4
Helper (1) Painting With Words (1) Lol Worthy (1) Event Medal (1)

Postby Oberan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:20 pm

I approve. And I concur.

If you want, you shall have your patron saint at your side. 8-)

I don't have any ideas for a name, but I do know there is a certain bank hidden in a lake in Rynmere somewhere. It's run by Mer, and thought to be absolutely secure. I'm sure that a band of the greatest thieves, burglars and crooks on Idalos could prove them wrong ;)
Also, I'm sure that Delroth has a secret safe chok-full of baubles and riches somewhere. We could look for that too. That is, if you're not afraid to risk his ire and his curse.
"Speaking"| If it's a sentence, then it's a thought|"Others speaking"
Mortalborn Abilities | Die Roller
Oberan
Fresh Prince of Augery

Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Part-time God
Renown: -20
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates
Medals: 1
Lol Worthy (1)

Postby Finnegan O'Connor » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:04 pm

This sounds awfully tempting. Just gotta buff that stealth, deception, and sprinkle a little extra into acting and poof! a thief shall emerge!

That said, I want to be a little bit careful because I know I can get ahead of myself, so I'll have to mull it over a bit and consider the options. Historically, Finn has teetered along the edges of the law so I think it could fit the character. Not in the least because he's in burglarly right now with good Ol' murderbird, Noth, and there have been other... shenanigans.

I may also already have a motivation for this'un to even want to amass such wealth. Long story short, I'll have to brood on the details for a bit, but I quite like the idea! Where is Tio hanging out these days? And what about Oberan?

As for a name, I don't have much but I immediately thought of Magpies. Animals always make for nice insignias and magpies are cool birds that steal shiny things (well apparently that has been debunked, but whatever, they're thought to steal shiny things).
Defier's witchbrand:

A frigid, salty air accompanies Finn, his hair is dark as if wet and his skin is clammy to the touch.

Common, Ith'ession

"He's as creative as a thumbtick in a world of magnets" - Robin The Unkilled
Finnegan O'Connor
Approved Character

Race: Human
Profession: Mischiefmaker
Renown: +71
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Medals: 3
Painting With Words (1) Guild Master (1) Legend In Waiting (1)

Postby Toan » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:51 am

Totally on board for this as well, if you happen to stop by around Etzos sometime to hire a thief. ;)
Toan
He Who Without Conscious

Profession: Thief
Renown: +51
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates
One Arc Later... (1)

Postby Tio Silver » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:42 pm

Alright! Nice to see some other characters interested this idea! :)

Now currently the main problem as I see it, which Finn's already touched upon, is that our characters are all in different locations, so just happening to all bump into each other and forming this group seems a bit far-fetched. To that end I was wondering if everyone would like to join me in asking for a moderator to run a thread for us in which a crime lord, or some other independent third party, with a rupturer subordinate or artefact brings us together to pull off a heist for them? Maybe a jail break or robbing the Mer bank in Rynmere Oberan suggested?
Between the lot of us we have quite a range of rare powers that would uniquely qualify us for such a mission, and it would give us all a chance to get to know each other and have our characters decide to form this organisation afterwards. Plus we'd probably get a whole heap of nel for it. :twisted:

I do quite like the idea of using magpies because of their association with stealing things, though that line of thinking had given me another idea. Dragon's are a well known myth all over Idalos, and in a lot of stories dragons are portrayed as hording huge piles of treasure. Perhaps we could use dragons in the name somehow? Maybe The Dragon's Horde, or The Golden Dragons?

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Tio
Tio Silver
Bad in all the Good Ways

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Letters

Postby Aqihlih » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:52 pm

I'm certainly interested in helping out with this. Tio, I believe you an I are a bit closer than some of the others and I never got around to starting our thread if you'd like to do something with that. I'm down for pretty much anything though, as long as there's some degree of benefit.
Rakahi ~ ~ ~ Common ~ ~ ~ Ulehi

Dear Mods,
Mod bombs are welcomed and encouraged!
Aqihlih

Race: Qi'ora
Profession: Doctor and "Doctor"
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Player Review
Templates
Murderer (1)

Postby Oberan » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:46 am

Though I like the idea of using Dragons as a symbol and a name, and the flamboyancy of it, I kind of feel like "Dragon's Horde" and "Golden Dragons" doesn't have a good ring to it. I am a sucker for simple cliche names though, especially if they have an intimidating feel to them. Like VII, the bandit gang in Rynmere. Not saying we should have a name in the same vein, but something with the same punch to it, you know.
How about "Silver's Scoundrels"?

I think that Finn, Toan and I are all in Etzos, so we could potentially already meet up before forming this gang?
"Speaking"| If it's a sentence, then it's a thought|"Others speaking"
Mortalborn Abilities | Die Roller
Oberan
Fresh Prince of Augery

Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Part-time God
Renown: -20
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates
Lol Worthy (1)

Postby Tio Silver » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:51 pm

So you are! That makes things a lot simpler :) . I don't think that it's at all unreasonable for there to be a portal between Scalvoris and Etzos somewhere.

Yeah I see what you mean about a simple chiche. My suggestions were a tad tacky. Perhaps The Dragon Gang? It's a bit simpler.

I think that perhaps another option we could try is to approach this from another angle. You know how in a number of movies/video games/books etc. there are organizations, projects and such named after characters from mythology? Perhaps we could try the same thing for ourselves? We could give this organization a name that sounds like one you might give to a dragon, and then I could go into the Creating the World forum and make a popular story that people all across Idalos would've heard in which the main villain is a dragon with that name. It would give people who hear it something to react to, and adds a bit more flavor to it than a regular intimidating name might do.

What are your thoughts guys?
Tio Silver
Bad in all the Good Ways

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Letters

Postby Zipper » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:07 pm

I like it a lot. It's like a dragon version of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad snake theme naming from Kill Bill.

*creeps in, acts natural, pretending to be here the whole time*
ImageImageImage
Zipper
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Bitch

Profession: Professional Scowler
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Templates
Letters
Medals: 17
Character of the Month (1) Peer Reviewer (1) Painting With Words (1) Guild Master (1)
Review Master (1) Living Legend (1) Pioneer (1) Right In The Feels (1)
First Kiss (1) Murderer (1) Enemy of My Enemy (1) Dreamer (1)
Legend In Waiting (1) Survivor (1) Lol Worthy (2) Event Medal (1)

Postby Finnegan O'Connor » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:53 pm

Zipper wrote:I like it a lot. It's like a dragon version of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad snake theme naming from Kill Bill.

*creeps in, acts natural, pretending to be here the whole time*

You're impossible to get away from. I'm trying to get a legit job here! Shoo!
Defier's witchbrand:

A frigid, salty air accompanies Finn, his hair is dark as if wet and his skin is clammy to the touch.

Common, Ith'ession

"He's as creative as a thumbtick in a world of magnets" - Robin The Unkilled
Finnegan O'Connor
Approved Character

Profession: Mischiefmaker
Renown: +71
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Medals: 3
Painting With Words (1) Guild Master (1) Legend In Waiting (1)

Next

Return to Looking For Companions