Past and present acquaintances

Players can use this forum as a way of connecting with other players for roleplaying purposes whether it's for finding friends for your character, family members, group members, etc.

Moderator: Staff

Doran
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: 1162
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Hello, everybody! I finally finished my Mortalborn’s CS and am ready to RP! I’m looking for thread partners in the current season as well as in the past. Doran is nearly four hundred arcs old, so there is a lof potential for RP. He’ll be starting in Rynmere, but he used to live in Ne’haer and Viden, so we could RP there as well. If you don’t have any idea what you could possibly do with a Mortalborn (although if you do, please don’t hesitate to tell me!), here are a few suggestions:

Colleagues, research partners, rivals, students: Doran is or will be a professor of chemistry at Rynmere University. He is very dedicated, very focused (he’s the Mortalborn of Knowledge after all), but also a bit of a difficult character to say the least, so there’s definitely a potential for conflict. He also taught in Viden and possibly worked in Ne’haer at one point.

Friends, enemies and past acquaintances:
We all need them to make our lives interesting. Doran is very old, so he probably knows a lot of people and even made a few angry. I’m especially interested in meeting fellow Mortalborn or people that are familiar with the Immortals (especially those that have been marked by Ziell!).

Customers: Doran is skilled in alchemy, poisons and medicine in addition to chemistry. You could buy a potion from him. You could also buy chemicals from him. I’m sure that he sells the things he produces in his laboratory at the university sometimes. He might even be willing to heal you - if you ask nicely and have an injury or illness that looks interesting.

Romance: Doran has probably had a few lovers in the past four hundred arcs. He likes both men and women, so your gender doesn’t matter, although you should be halfway intelligent as I don’t think that Doran would waste his time with somebody stupid. I’m also open towards romance in the current time. I'm not looking for something cute and funny though. If you want that, please contact my other PC (you probably know who he is).

As far as themes are concerned I like threads that contain a lot of character development, I like politics, mystery, adventure, philosophy and romance. I’m also okay with sex and violence, although there should still be a plot. I dislike violence for the sake of violence for example. What I’m not sure about is combat as I’ve tried writing combat threads before, and they turned out rather embarrassing, to be honest - although I did pick Blades as his racial bonus!

If you want to RP with me, send me a PM or reply here!

Last edited by Doran on Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 463

Mutations

N/A

Blessings

N/A

Worn Items

Ring of Reversal
Ring of Immunity
Rorom
Approved Character
Race: Biqaj
Profession: Captain
Renown: 255
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

If you ever want to do a memory thread, we can have an exchange surrounding the acquisition of my character's albatross a few years ago. The poor bird got bumped into by Rorom's ship then, and it's wing became sprained. If your character found treating it's injury interesting enough Rorom could barter with rations (smoked or salted fish), badly made scrimshaw or a bit of gn. And we can have some friendly banter on the side. He was in and around Ne'Haer for most of his life, so that's probably where they'd have to meet, most likely around the fishery or in the market centers.

I know full well the dangers of getting overburdened with threads, so consider this a low priority request, although I'm willing to start it whenever if you are interested.
word count: 142
Doran
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: 1162
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

I'm looking for people to RP with again since most of my current writing partners disappeared on me.

In addition to all the things mentioned in my initial post (romance, university related threads, friendship, ...) I'm also interested in combat related threads now. Doran finally has Competent Blades, so he should not be entirely useless anymore.

While Doran is in Andaris and very briefly Ne'haer this season, we can always do Memory threads elsewhere.

Let me know in this thread or send me a PM if you'd like to write with me!
word count: 95

Mutations

N/A

Blessings

N/A

Worn Items

Ring of Reversal
Ring of Immunity
Rei
Approved Character
Profession: Healer and Gardener
Renown: 49
Character Sheet
Partner
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

I'd be really interested to write with you but I'm not sure if we'd cross each other? Rei has only been to Desnind where she was born and grew up and is currently in Rharne and has been for the last arc.
word count: 45
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Looking For Companions”