Mea Culpa?

Please stop in here and introduce yourself to the community! We'd love to get to know you!

Moderator: Staff

Cassian Gawyne
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Bastard
Renown: 30
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Mea Culpa?

Hi.

Again. For some of you anyway.

I thought this was gonna happen sooner. Hell, I'm not sure this is happening at all, but some evil individual saw fit to remind me of the existence of this site and after a few days of reading over stuff and getting PMs from a likely equally evil individual I'm hooked again.

But before we go any further, I'll need to apologize to the people I left hanging last year. I'm sorry and I'll try not to do it again.

I switched jobs last May and my new employer had a plan all ready to get me set up in no time. Instead, the guy who was supposed to help me get settled went down got really ill and I got to fill his shoes. Stuff like that. One co-worker fell off a horse and broke her thigh. Another fell off her bike and did the same. And so on and so forth. I still haven't been properly trained in their way of handling things but that's okay cause I know my way around computers better than most of the old guard around here and such. I'm managing but it's weird. The new job was supposed to be more relaxing than the last one instead it's more chaos. At least most of my new colleagues are great and the pay is better. I can also walk there from home instead of driving half an hour each way.

Still, this turned out to be far more stressful than imagined. I never really felt comfortable trying to make a return. But now I'm thinking I should just make things fit. I can steal an hour of sleep here and there to cook up 500 words at a time I'm sure. Or type stuff on my phone at work, even if I really don't like that.

So yeah, to the handful of people who remember my last brief stint, I'm very probably back if you'll have me. (Sound off if you don't! I'll be grateful for the excuse!)

I'd also appreciate any help in getting my CS back on track. I've pretty much forgotten all about how to do that and a lot of stuff has changed in the past half year.
word count: 396
Caius Gawyne
Approved Character
Profession: Arbitrary Lord
Renown: 164
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Mea Culpa?

Oh hai, fam.

Making posts on your phone is a pain, but some of us make a living at it. It can be done. Real life is first and we’re all trying to have fun here, so, you know, don’t stress.

Anyway, welcome back. You can always hop inn discord to get questions answered and get resettled.

Also, you’re family. So. Obligatory threads are obligatory.
word count: 68
Linika
Approved Character
Race: Naerikk
Profession: Apothecary
Renown: 169
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Mea Culpa?

Do you think you'll be back in Viden?
word count: 9
- Poison -

"Shelf Life'...What an ironically contradictory concept."
- Linika Amarinthine -
Cassian Gawyne
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Mea Culpa?

Fell off the wagon...

Edit: I could really use an adult to tell me what I need to do to get myself back into the swing of things. Looking at the Guides but coming up short. I only managed to finish one whoppinfg thread before I lost myself anyway but I presume there's some bookkeeping to take care of.

Halp!
word count: 61
Anomaly
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Profession: Developer
Renown: -1
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Mea Culpa?

Hey!

If you haven't already, it'd be an idea to drop by the Discord server (link just below the voting and donation buttons), since there's always people in there who are more than willing to help you out and you'll be able to get a quick response there or at least keep track of when people are around. If you jump on in there, I think we'll be able to get you up to speed in no time! :D

If you're unable to or just don't want to use the Discord server, feel free to pitch me a PM and I'll try to help you out with just getting everything straightened.

Love,
Noms
word count: 120
Cassian Gawyne
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: Mea Culpa?

One more time, maybe?

I'm sorry for wasting people's time last go around. There's rarely ever a sensible excuse for just dropping off the edge of the world again and again. I just get distracted by life (though I actually think the original culprit was a PC game last time around), then I'm ashamed to show my face cause I ghosted off... then I find myself driven back.

For the two or three people I interacted with who are still around, again, sorry. I'll give this one more try with a clean slate character I think and take it from there. Be seeing you in the pages, for a while at least.

(I'm not even drinking or anything, FWIW)
word count: 125
Gennadiya Lyosha Doctor
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Physician
Renown: 838
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Welcome Back.

:)

Real life happens. Good luck with the new pc.
word count: 11
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Profession: Rharne City Moderator
Renown: 666
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Welcome back! Hope you have fun. And stick around as long as you want to. We all understand stuff pulls us in all sorts of different directions, no harm in that.

If you need any help getting settled, feel free to drop us a line or ask questions.
word count: 48
Avatar provided by the wonderful Pegasus
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “The Welcome Wagon”