I want to do something, but don't know if I can.

Jon continues to beat his head against an electronic wall

Please note: Answers in this archive may be out of date / things may have changed. Do not take for granted anything older than 6 months old. If in doubt - better to ask again.

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Jedith Skylar
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Inventor
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

This would be easier if I knew for absolute certain that I couldn't do what I wanted to do, but I don't. According to one book and two sites, one can modify an image by setting its max-width and height for the style boundries, my question is, has anyone done this, and if so, could they link me to an example?
I can ignore this and adapt accordingly, but figuring this out would be kind of nifty to me, and so I ask, thanks for your time, especially to those that have already glanced at my attempts.
word count: 100
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More than a boy, not quite a man.
Theme song
Credit for this goes to Faith, who found it after hearing aboutJed on chat
About the author
Jedith's writer is blind, and I do mean that in the physical sense... light and dark detection isn't even a reliable thing at this point. As such Dischord isn't an option, and other errors are to be expected. He isn't exactly happy about this, so feel free to point them out when they occur: thanks in advance for them.
Jed's author is seeking someone with working eyes to assist with images: thank you.
Pash Raj'oriq
Approved Character
Race: Biqaj
Profession: Tankbard
Renown: 315
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Hello, Jon!

Are you trying to edit an image or the style box? I can help with both.

Also, if you would just like someone to edit some images for you so that they are of a certain size, I would love to assist you with that as well! Feel free to comment here or send me a PM.
word count: 59
Rakahi | Rakahi Pidgin | Common | Xanthean

Because of his Competency in Empathy magic, Pash exudes an aura of calm emotion that is always "on." While it's not strong enough to overcome extreme emotions and it also loses strength the more people he's around, it's still up to you how that affects your character in whatever situation we're in. PM with questions!
[/googlefont]
Quio
Approved Character
Race: Yludih
Renown: 113
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 3

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Do you mean like this?
content of post here
In this case the style template has a background image, the width of the template is set to 620px, and the height is set to 550px. If you go past that height with the length of your text, it adds a scrollbar (that's what the overflow:auto does) and the image remains fixed in place. This works well as long as the background image is the same size or larger than the style template you're using; smaller will still work but just won't look as good.

Hope that helps?

EDIT: Not sure how your reader works, so here's the code too.

Code: Select all

[style=max-width:620px; height:550px; background-image:url(https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4435/36456036593_e3487251a2_b.jpg); background-repeat:repeat; margin:auto; overflow:auto; color:white]content of post here[/style]
word count: 150
A L I A S E S
Quio
Freeman
Ruq, Iaan, Korim
Image Image Image
Jedith Skylar
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Inventor
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

Question answered.
word count: 2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More than a boy, not quite a man.
Theme song
Credit for this goes to Faith, who found it after hearing aboutJed on chat
About the author
Jedith's writer is blind, and I do mean that in the physical sense... light and dark detection isn't even a reliable thing at this point. As such Dischord isn't an option, and other errors are to be expected. He isn't exactly happy about this, so feel free to point them out when they occur: thanks in advance for them.
Jed's author is seeking someone with working eyes to assist with images: thank you.
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Q&A Archive”