Yludih - Q&A

With Shards

Please note: Answers in this archive may be out of date / things may have changed. Do not take for granted anything older than 6 months old. If in doubt - better to ask again.

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Jade
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Profession: Prophet
Renown: 0
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Yludih - Q&A

Hello all! Shards has been retired due to IRL responsibilities. Due to these, I'll help facilitate questions regarding the Yludih until we can get a dedicated staff to help expand on them and Uleuda as a whole.
What happens to a Yludih's soul that doesn't make it to Uleuda when they die? Is it just gone? Do they become nulliem?
No, the soul is never lost unless specific reasons deem it so (ie. Mod says you're entirely obliterated). But the Yludih have a connection to Uleuda always, which is why they're able to visit the city so freely when they sleep. This is the same when they die. It is very rare for an Yludih to become 'lost' within the nothing of Emea and if circumstances plop an Yludih within the nothingness, they have a high chance of becoming a Nulliem. However, this wouldn't stop Famula from finding them. She's keen to lost souls and resurrecting them as Wisps. So there are options to pursue, but the soul is never entirely lost.
How does Fame work for an Yludih? Do we need to keep track of it for each form separately? Or is it just one fame rank for the character? I don't think my government working Ithecal's fame should be put together with my thief's fame.
Honestly, this is something that we didn't take into account when Shards and I developed the race. It would make sense to have fame kept apart from your different personas but it makes tracking the charts a bit of a pain, for both player and reviewer. For now, until we can expand on the Yludih and formulate better tracking for the race, I would say keep them separated.
What is the Yludih word for future?
I don't think a language generator has been made for the Yludih and it seems like the only specified language for them is 'Qa' which is their code language. As of right now, feel free to make a word up. :)
Can Yludih mimic voices as well as appearances?

If yes, would they be able to speak when in animal form? Or do their vocal chords change in some way to mimic it?
It is assumed that when an Yludih shifts entirely, their vocal chords change as well, so yes, it is possible to mimic voices. I would go as far as assuming that mimicing the voice is 'required' for learning how to shift into that persona. As for animals, no. It is already a complicated process to learn how to shift into any animal form, though not impossible, an adding speech to the outcome of the transformation is a next level thing.

However, I don't mind adding this as a suggestion when the race is later expanded upon.
1.) How much of the 'real' world's natural attributes can be attributed to the Uleuda realm? There is a crystal forest-- does that mean that other natural features, oceans, rivers, caves, etc, may be created by the Yludih or 'discovered' within Uleuda?
Right now, Uleuda is not as expansive as it should be. The deceased Yludih as constantly working and building to make the city strong as well as expand the light of the crystals to fight back the Nulliem. This includes real world natural attributes. So yes, you could find caves, rivers, lakes, mountains, and oceans around Uleuda, however, I would imagine that some of these would also be dispersed throughout the nothingness --- like an incomplete project where it's light and crystal, and then nothing. As I said, Uleuda hasn't been given much information aside from what it started with. Hopefully this will change soon.
2.) Just to make sure, is becoming a nulliem a gradual process (you lose hope and mentally/emotionally get worse and worse until you turn) or is it immediate?
I would relate it to cancer / somewhat of a mental illness really. When you start to develop hopelessness and despair, it outwardly shows to any who come across you. You may seem a bit more manic than normal. I believe becoming a Nulliem happens in stages and during early onset, with proper counseling and treatment, that mania can be avoided as well as becoming a Nulliem. But it should also be noted that falling into this start is 'attractive' so it's hard to come out of it. Those who progress further into these negative and dark emotions will find the dark of the nothingness more of a welcoming place than the light of Uleuda. Once they hit a point, they yearn for the nothingness and eventually find their way to it. Once within, they take on the nothingness, a kind of 'last transformation' in a sense, and become Nulliem. This is a process, but like all things, it may be faster or slower for some people.
3.) How do the Yludih go about altering/creating the crystal (especially new trees in the forest)? Would it make sense for a crystal shard (like a sapling) to be planted and then concentrated on to grow? Can the crystal trees grow at supernatural speed, or does it take a while for one to become full height?
Again, I think this is more information that needs expansion in regards to Yludih and Uleuda. Yes, concentration to help will the crystal to grow will make it grow faster, but it is a timely process as well. It won't grow at supernatural speeds but it will noticeably grow. Maybe you plant it and will the seed to rise with light and it sprouts from the ground. I also feel that if an Yludih is willing crystal, and shaping it into something, positive energy and light should be applied since this is what keeps the race from turning as well as makes Uleuda so 'bright' within Emea. I think it's also ironic given that this race has suffered so much.
4.) If it does take a while to turn into a nulliem, conceivably could I create a Yludih fauna that sniffs out Yludih who are slowly becoming nulliem? Also, related to that, if I wanted to create flora/fauna/landmarks/whatever (development stuff) for the Uleuda, would I submit that to the regular development board? I only ask because like, when I want to develop Rynmere I post it to a Rynmere-specific board, but I don't think(?) the Uleuda has one of those.
Yes, you can. Since you'd like to develop things for the area, I'll set up a board for you to post to within Uleuda.
5.) Speaking of, do you have need (or want) of someone to create Uleuda locations (an armory, classrooms, etc)? What about NPC's (specifically, named Ancient Ones)?
I would honestly hold off an any major additions to the city until someone has had time to give it some TLC. There is a prophet currently interested in taking on both projects, but until their plate is a little less empty, we'll have to wait. I'm sorry :(
6.) Do the Yludih feel any need to eat or can they even eat/drink at all in the Uleuda? This would probably tie into whether or not there are rivers and things there (I imagined rivers of light or perhaps plasma instead of water)? Is there fire (or some equivalent) there? Can they kill and eat the creatures that live there? Or do they get 'sustenance' from Yldria's light? Also, does the Uleuda have periods of 'day' and 'night' (perhaps Yldria becoming brighter and dimmer?) What is the sky like-- is it merely black with stars, or are there clouds? Weather? Wind? Is it hot or cold in Uleuda, or is there no feeling of temperature there?
No, within Uleuda I don't think the Yludih have a need to feed. You have to take into account that they leave their physical forms to venture to the city within their mind. That doesn't mean that they can't consumer things within Uleuda, but it will be things that affect their crystal rather than their stomach. I don't see fire within Uleuda, but 'focused light' points. Like a candle might have a dim dot of light, or a fireplace might have flickering stands of soft light. Since they don't need to eat the creatures to survive, I don't see any reason for an Yludih to kill animals within Uleuda. Yes -- Yldria's light sustains their crystals. I don't see Uleuda as having a sky, but I see the city as being very bright, then when you look up, it's like the night sky full of stars. These 'stars' are actually the different realms within Emea. It hasn't been specified if there is day or night within Uleuda, but I would gather that the crystals surrounding the city, and the light of Uleuda, would dim. I don't see clouds in Uleuda, weather, or wind --- no, temperature stays fixed / there is no sense of hot or cold.
7.) Do the people who reside permanently in the Uleuda (Ancient Ones and others who have passed on) need periods of rest/sleep? Perhaps they use meditation instead of full sleep? Do they function at all like regular bodies, or are they exempt from all that pesky physical nonsense?
No, they function like regular people :) But they both have physical features to differentiate them from the living. They have times of rest, but like you said, this is more of a meditative process than actual sleeping.
What is the fame value for an Yludih in Uleuda? I assume the basic -10 fame wouldn't be counted in Uleuda.
It's +10
Just another thought to add to the queue, more than an actual question.

I was thinking that the ability to steal faces seems...well totally overpowered for Yludih. With a one-thread requirement, plus a one-season requirement to adequately pass as them, its easy to gain faces willy-nilly. As an example, I already have two faces beyond the starting two.

So my idea was that you could tie the number of faces you can learn into the Yludih's disguise skill, and to a lesser degree, possibly their meditation (Uleuda meditation helping out in Idalos). Maybe give a face maximum to each level? The faces can always be forgotten, but it takes time to learn a new one?

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I figured I'd dump it here for now.
I can add this as a suggestion to the race when we expand on the details later in the future.
Are Yludih capable of going to Uleuda during the day if they sleep?
Yes.
What happens if a Yludih faints? Are they capable of going to Uleuda for the time they're out cold?
I think they have to be consciously aware of where they're going (ie. Uleuda) Thus no, they would dream. If, however, they realized they were dreaming, in their dream, they could step out of it and into Uleuda, since they are making that conscious decision.
Are there objects in Uleuda that Yludih can use during their time there? For example, pen and paper to write notes on (or crystal and scratching tool) or clothes to wear?
When Yludih access Uleuda, they are already clothed as per the lore write up on them. As for objects, yes. Uleuda mirrors the real world, however, everything is made using crystal. In the sense of writing, Yludih would 'etch' --- carve into crystal rather than write. Please note that 'carving' is as easy as writing. Just take a crystal sheet and crystal pen and get to work on etching.
What happens to a Yludih in Uleuda if someone forcefully wakes them up while they're asleep?
They snap out of the trance immediately and are dazed for several minutes.
When Yludih change shape into an animal form are they still capable of speech? Considering that speech for a Yludih comes from their crystal bodies and not from any vocal cords (as they don't have those nor do they have lungs with which to push air through vocal cords), would a bird-form Yludih still be able to talk as a normal person?
That being the case, no. When Yludih take on the appearance of an animal, they do so under immense study and application. Adding speech to that is something that the animal isn't physically capable of doing, therefore the Yludih would not know how to effectively apply that to the disguise / transformation. It would be a next level study that would take additional practice. Though, I see the question is asked a lot so I'll bring it up with the staff to see if we can possibly add this to the lore.
As crystal beings with nothing more than a little sun inside of them, do Yludih get affected by diseases? It would be hard to get a runny nose when your nose is a solid piece of crystal.
I can't confidentially answer this because in all actuality, no, the Yludih wouldn't be able to get sick from human diseased based on their current write up. This might change however....
If a Yludih would sleep with another Yludih who they don't know is a Yludih would their bodies instinctually meld together in their racial form of sex despite the illusions their bodies put up? Or is the illusion strong enough to cover even against instinct?
Do you mean in terms of having a child with another Yludih? I would think the illusions would hold up but something would be felt within both crystals during the act. So it would no longer be a secret that both are Yludih, however, in the process of creating a child, yes, there would be melding. I would see this happen at the end of the act.

I hope I've answered all your questions! Looking over these has made me realize that the Yludih need serious updating. Please don't let this be cause for concern, but there is a lot of information left out of the lore that needs to be added and expanded upon.
word count: 2387
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”J.R.R. Tolkien
Sintih
Race: Yludih
Profession: Student
Renown: 110
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Yludih - Q&A

Thank you, Jade, for all the information in that one huge post. I got all the answers I wanted except for the last one. Maybe I didn't explain it properly but I was wondering if the body of an Yludih instinctively knows that it's (about to have) having sex with another Yludih body. If two people sleep with each other, both Yludih, but not knowing the other person is a Yludih as well, would their bodies still meld together out of instinct/survival/reproduction/... or is the illusion that Yludih create so strong that it can overcome even the (animalistic) instinct for survival?
word count: 105
Golem
Prophet of Old
Race: Mer
Renown: -1000
Templates

Contribution

Miscellaneous

Events

Yludih - Q&A

Yes, I believe, is the answer. Their illusions would hold up until the moment of completion, at which point their bodies would meld.
word count: 23
Golem
Prophet of Old
Templates

Contribution

Miscellaneous

Events

Yludih - Q&A

As a side note: Yludih neck Wounds have no significance, provided they aren't fully decapitated.

A slice through the neck would be no different than a cut anyway, however you must remember that any serious cut to the neck might cause difficulty in swallowing food until healed, and depending on the size of the wound, might prohibit head movement.
word count: 60
Tio Silver
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Race: Immortal
Profession: God of Curses
Renown: 665
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Yludih - Q&A

Hi There :)

So I've recently found this site, and after reading though the lore I decided that I'd like to play a Yludih character. The personality I had in mind for them happens to fit the domains that Syroa stands for to a T, so it seemed to me that my character would be well suited to having the Blessing of Sesser, however in the Yludih's history it mentions that Syroa was disgusted by the Yludih after she'd created them and disowned them.

Which brings me to my question; what is the relationship between Syroa and the Yludih race like? Would Syroa still mark members of the race that displayed an affinity for her domains despite disowning them? Would a typical Yludih know that their race was created by Syroa and harbor resentful feelings towards her?
word count: 140
Fast Facts
Noticeable quirks your character can see when threading with Tio.

Floats

Tio floats in the air, usually just a foot off the ground.

Explodeibur

Tio wears a scary looking gauntlet on his right hand that is clearly magical. It creates explosions.

Mercury

Tio has a masked alter ego who leads The Court of Miracles.

Enchanting Voice

Tio's voice has hypnotic properties.
Jade
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Profession: Prophet
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Yludih - Q&A

Syroa will mark anyone she finds a use for. She is a very twisted Immortal and will only find interest in others if they entertain her or help her get what she wants.

Hope this helps!
word count: 36
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”J.R.R. Tolkien
Golem
Prophet of Old
Templates

Contribution

Miscellaneous

Events

Yludih - Q&A

Just to add onto that, I would guess that the vast majority of the Yludih would not know about Syroa being the first main creator- Not sure how people have been playing that, but as far as I've seen, most Yludih don't seem to know who their "common" creator is either.
word count: 53
Tio Silver
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Yludih - Q&A

Shards wrote:
Because Yludih cannot access Emea, does this mean they would be barred from entering a fracture into Emea? Or is entering it physically different than entering it while asleep?
Yes they are barred from entering a fracture into Emea.
Is it possible to circumvent this restriction? Perhaps with magical means?

For example a level three Sesser can use transformers toolbox to change their race, and the transformers gem in the point bank turns anyone holding it into a human. As long as they're transformed into another race can a Yludih enter a fracture?

I'm asking because visiting at least one (if not all) of the grand fractures is on my bucket list.
word count: 116
Fast Facts

Floats

Explodeibur

Tio wears a scary looking gauntlet on his right hand that is clearly magical. It creates explosions.

Mercury

Enchanting Voice

Tio Silver
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Yludih - Q&A

Also do blessing or curse marks from immortals appear on a Yludih's crystal body whilst in Uleuda? And are any immortals aware of the existence of Uleuda or able to travel/influence events there?
word count: 35
Fast Facts

Floats

Explodeibur

Mercury

Enchanting Voice

Aqihlih
Race: Qi'ora
Profession: Doctor and "Doctor"
Character Sheet
Templates

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Yludih - Q&A

I'm curious if the achievement of an animal form could be something done through memory threads. Considering the history of a character like mine, I feel it would be highly likely her 'teacher' would have started her off learning an animal form pretty damn early.
word count: 46
Rakahi ~ ~ ~ Common ~ ~ ~ Ulehi
Dear Mods,
Mod bombs are welcomed and encouraged!
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Q&A Archive”