Ayissi

This section is for Character Sheets specifically. Please make sure to read over the starting guides, rules, and the lost history information before completing a character sheet.

Moderators: Storytellers, Developers, Advocates

Ayissi

Postby Ayissi » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:43 pm

Ayissi Raj'Ryn
"Danger? That's just the spice of adventure."

Basics
Race | Biqaj

Date of Birth | 15th Trial of Cylus, 690th Arc

Age | 26 Arcs

Birthplace | Ne’Haer

Profession | Navigator

Living expenses | Poor

Languages | Rakahi - fluent; Common - basic

Faith | Siera'ja

Marks | Yet to be decided

Face Claim: Keira Knightley
Ayissi
Approved Character

Race: Biqaj
Profession: Navigator
Renown: +32
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Medals: 1
Vhalar 716 (1)

Ayissi

Postby Ayissi » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:37 pm

Appearance

Height | 5’8”

Weight | 133 lbs

Attire | Ayissi is often found wearing high boots, breeches that display the marks of time and a comfortable woollen shirt. She seems to favour only two shades - simple white or more likely greyed with wear; dark shades of blue almost black with finer detail.

If she is on a ship, she is often wearing leather fingerless gloves that extended onto her forearms to protect from burns from ropes. At the end of the day, she is still a woman and woman’s hands look nicer when they are not calloused.

Off the ship, Ayissi wears a longer coat, usually of deep blue colour with lighter embroidery along the hems.

Accessories | An earring in each ear is a must. What is not a must is for the earrings to match, but she particularly likes wrap earrings. A few necklaces are always tied around her neck, one of her faith comfortably nestled among them too. She is not particularly fond of rings as they get in the way when sailing, nor bracelets because of the gloves, but she does have an anklet braided from thin strands of rope with three smaller charms hanging from it. She never takes that one off.

Peculiarities | Ears that are slightly pointed at the top and eyes that change colour with the journey of the sun and moon. The usual dominant colour is golden (during the day) and silver (at night), the other dominant colours are blue and green and their various shades. However, her eyes never stick to one shade and become as varied as her moods are.
Ayissi
Approved Character

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Vhalar 716 (1)

Ayissi

Postby Ayissi » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:00 pm

Personality

Realistic Optimist ~ Determined ~ Loyal ~ Free
Ayissi has learnt the craft of realistic optimism out on the sea where more than anywhere one had to have both feet on the ground without their head in the clouds. You'd often see her face lit up with a thin smile and if not, her eyes would do the job, shining with inner content. She believes in success in any challenge but understands that she needs to work for it and plan. In that way, when she sets her eyes on something, she will follow through with it no matter what. One could almost confuse that with stubbornness. Yet, she doesn't speak about things she doesn't know or understand. She'd rather learn first and then discuss. As such, when she speaks her mind in serious conversation, she displays sound judgement.

Once she gives her word, and promise to her means an oath that mustn’t be broken, she delivers. She is loyal to people she trusts and loves and that is just as important to her is a promise. She expects the same from others and bridges could be burnt if she is let down on that front.

Life on the ship also taught her a routine. She keeps it almost religiously. If she’s in U’frek’s grace where waves are her home, she follows set ways of doing things. Morning cleansing moments, evening prayers, every other late night smoke with the sailors are just a few things she would not let go off. Despite those habits, Ayissi is free and would not allow herself to be tied down against her will. One could say that the nature of the sea flows through her, but not in terms of unpredictability, but in terms of the force of her emotions. She does not bind herself. She does not restrict herself.

Likes | Adores crafts. She would watch her mother make jewellery, learn by observation about how to recognise a genuine gem from a fake. Ayissi also took to writing down adventures of her voyages as a sort of diary keeping when she was still at her parent's ship. However, that habit has not been followed as rigorously lately.
Ayissi
Approved Character

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Vhalar 716 (1)

Ayissi

Postby Ayissi » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:15 am

History
"The past is for chronicles and captain's logs. The present is my mistress."

Captain's log

15th Trial, Cylus, 690th Arc: Landed safely in port of Ne'haer. Sonja is in labour. Supplies delivered. Searching for another job.

16th Trial, Cylus, 690th Arc: Finished unloading late yesterday. Sonja gave birth to our first child. Beautiful girl. Her eyes already shine like stars. I know she'll have a knack for reading the sky. We named her Kisearra.

98th Trial, Vhalar, 696th Arc: Negotiations with my twin brother Therthri started. The git just won't back down. All we need is to be taken into the trading fleet. Kisearra adores him though. She would not stop tugging on the trinkets in his hair. Maybe she will be the winning force in this god damned race to survive.

123rd Trial, Vhalar, 696th Arc: Praise U'frek! My brother agreed. At last! It will cost us, but no matter. I would not forgive myself if we had to turn to piracy. I bet Kisearra had her part in this. He seems to love her like his own. Tomorrow, I'll meet with the rest of the captains and we will assimilate into the trading routes and plans. So far it seems, we'll be setting off for the Sev'ryn lands, down south along the coast of Nashaki and Athart.

45th Trial, Ymiden, 698th Arc: Sonja just birthed boy triplets - Therris, Nair and Jotzah. What a handful bunch already. Kisearra can't stop staring and asking questions. She is already protective of them. In her new big boots, she marches around the room like a guard on patrol. Today we keep on sailing towards Ivorian. The wind is calm, but a storm is brewing on the horizon. I feel we might just avoid it.

50th Trial, Ymiden, 698th Arc: Storm hit hard. The wind grew on strength and was blowing against us, slowing us down. One sail is torn. Tomorrow we should port in Ivorian. We'll need a doctor. Sonja has not been well since the birth. The boys are fine. Kisearra is helping. U'frek have mercy. I have a bad feeling about this.

53rd Trial, Ymiden, 698th Arc: 6th break of the trial. We set sail to Nashaki. Ship was loaded yesterday, had one casualty. The doctor said Sonja was in no imminent danger, but something was not right. He couldn't say what. Left us with herbs. There is nothing we can do for now.

Kisearra's immitation of captain's log

4th Trial, Ashan, 704th Arc: Raj'Ryn's and uncle Therthri's fleet merged. Well, not really. But apparently, we are on a single trade mission together. Or something. They certainly were loading a lot of crates onto the ship. I wonder what it is this time. Uncle also said he'd take me to a negotiation! I wonder if it will be the same fun like when I was little and he and dad were discussing joining this trading union.

6th Trial, Ashan, 704th Arc: The negotiation was horrible! I tried to smile and be nice, but they were all so harsh. Conditions flew left, right and centre and people laughed at them even though they sounded so unfair! Maybe that's why they laughed. I don't know how we did. If we got the deal or not. I don't know if they hated each other, or were just polite. I am so confused! But uncle Therthri was amazing! He handled it well. Out of all the man he was the one in charge. I could tell. He dealt them all a blow. The way he discarded nonsense and talked facts. I wish I could do that like him.

16th Trial, Cylus, 706th Arc: No... I just can't do this. Damn all the Biqaj. Just how hard can it be to negotiate with your own! So much easier to convince a Naerikk into a deal... What a debacle. Thanks to uncle Therthri, I won't be the laughing stock to everyone for long. Hopefully. Just how could I mess up a minor negotiation over Salt Buoys??? The bloody, ruthless bastard. Better leave this to dad.

Captain's log

20th Trial, Ymiden, 710th Arc: Sailing to Ne'haer to pick up crates and move then along the coast to Argos. My sweet Kisearra passed the rite of passage of today. She has grown so strong and as flexible as an eel. She always liked to race everyone. Be the first to the top, first to finish. Navigation is a second nature to her. I can now have her do part of the planning for me. It almost seems that she understands the stars on an entirely different level than I do. I knew she would. Even as a child, before I taught her about the star movements, she would point it out to me. She would even point to the true north without a crystal. I knew she would excel in this the moment I first held her in my arms.

Ayissi's first full-fledged log

21st Trial, Ymiden, 710th Arc: Today I write here as Ayissi. Yesterday, I passed the rite of passage and joined our fleet as an adult. I shall keep my log clear, my navigation precise and respect those from whom I can learn, or who I can guide. On the 12th break of the trial, we are still sailing towards Ne'haer. The wind is in our back at 19 knots. We should make it to the port with a day to spare.

14th Trial, Zi'da, 710th Arc: Cargo loaded. Crew briefed. Father is sharing skippering with me on this one. He said it was time for me to get a taste of what it meant to captain a ship. I can feel him watching, though. It feels like another rite of passage, but I'll be fine. He and mother taught me well. I know it. We sail from Etzos to Andaris. With the slight winds, we might be slower to progress with heavy cargo but we should still make it to the port within the 32 day margin.

39th Trial, Zi'da, 710th Arc: 18th break of the trial. It is dark outside and a light rain began to fall. The sea is swelling. Father and I don't have a good feeling about this. Sent the triplets to stay with mother. She has not come out of the cabin for the past two trials. Her health isn't getting better. It's now on me, father and the crew to guide us. The stars are gone, but I know which way we are headed.

Crew's recollection of the storm that followed

To this day, it is hard to say what exactly happened, but it went something like this. Few breaks after the light rain began, a massive storm hit us head on. We were tossed from side to side, gulping on sea water and trying to stay on board. Baadar took over from Ayissi. He trusted his daughter but in a situation like this, we needed experience.

The ship was escaping another collapsing mass of water and the sprays were enough to make one choke, when out of blue something hit the ship's belly with force the rattled everyone's bones, throwing everyone off balance. Ayissi would swear that it was not only her blood that froze in her veins. Everyone had the same look for a moment. The fear of a monster salivating over dinner.

"The captain! The captain!" Someone in the crew then hollered on top of his lungs in hopes to be louder than the howling wind, but even then his words were almost a whisper. A whisper thankfully clear enough that everybody looked and saw Baadar slipping off the deck. He couldn't catch onto anything. There was blood running down his face. Only by a miracle, a young sailor, a new recruit actually, caught the captain and tied a rope from the bottom of a mast around his waist. And that's when it fell on Ayissi's shoulders to take the lead. She needed to captain the ship, to getall of us to safety. Never have I seen determination flare up in someone's eyes as it did in hers. She understood the weight of that responsibility and did not cower, nor wasted a minute. That was when her gift for navigation shone through. Stars or no stars, it was like something in her brain sprung to life. We all worked our roles, filled in tasks that in the rush she forgot to shout out but we knew were necessary. We all had to work together. But at the end, it was her who navigated us back to calmer waters and then all the way to the Andaris's port.

Ayissi's log

48th Trial, Zi'da, 710th Arc: We made it. Two days late, but we are in Andaris. Horrible storm hit us during the night of 39th trial. It was deadly, 3 men lost. Ship is damaged. Father needs a doctor and so does mother. I will need to organise for repairs, deal with the upset merchant and maintain the crew's morale. For now, we are docked and unloading, but we will need to stay for a while and delay certain trades before we set sail again.

54th Trial, Zi'da, 710th Arc: Repairs are continuing but drawing to a close. Father is almost back to full health, but I'll need to skipper the cog to Valaris. Starting to plan the route. Second in command is lending me a hand. He is also keeping the men in check. U'frek have mercy we won't hit another storm like the last one.

80th Trial, Ymiden, 716th Arc: I have finally convinced my parents to let me go. We are on our way to Andaris and I can't stay on the ship. Yes, I skipper and captain, but only under father's supervision. They would have me join uncle Therthri's fleet if he had a boat available, but none is. And I wouldn't want to go for that anyway. I want my own ship. My own adventures. My own life as a captain. The triplets think it's a great idea. Like they know much about this. They are a bunch of knuckleheads. I'll miss them. I'll miss all of them.

Recent history

Ayissi remained in Andaris since then. She attempted to reconnect with a dear friend within the city, but the connection seemed to have crumbled and they drifted apart. It was a hard blow, but arcs apart and assumed hurt seemed to have done the trick. Then the shadowbeast came. Somehow, she made it out alive but was shaken. She was used to danger and death, but the events of those seasons were more than devastating.

However, recently, she received a message from an acquaintance of her family's clan. The Raj'Ryn cog was missing. Along the long route between Quacia and Melrath, somewhere they disappeared. That was the hardest blow of all. She continued to do her job, pay of the sloop, pay for a new sail so she could turn her little home into a cutter. But one thing was for sure. Since nothing was keeping her in Andaris anymore, she had no reason to stay and was making preparation to leave. If her family's ship was missing, that only meant she needed to find them.
Ayissi
Approved Character

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Vhalar 716 (1)

Ayissi

Postby Ayissi » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:36 pm

Housing

A one-masted sailing Sloop with a mainsail and jib rigged fore and aft. The sloop has a small hold and living quarters under the deck, enough room for a single bed, small writing desk, chair, storage chest, and shelf.

Sloop includes:

1 x Hammock
1 x Gangplank
1 x Small table
1 x Chair
1 x Chest
6 x Plates (assorted)
2 x Eating knives
1 x Fish smoker
1 x Lantern
1 x Map of Andaris
Ayissi
Approved Character

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Vhalar 716 (1)

Ayissi

Postby Ayissi » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:42 pm

Knowledge & Skills

SkillPoints AcquiredTotal Points SpentProficiency
Blades (Daggers)16/100(16/251)Novice
Cartography8/100(10/251)Novice
Detection4/100(4/251)Novice
Endurance5/100(9/251Novice
Fishing10/100 (10/251)Novice
Jewelry Crafting10/100 (10/251)Novice
Navigation32/100 FTCompetent
Negotiation10/100(10/251)Novice
Seafaring (RB)30/100 (35/251)Novice
Swimming10/100 (10/251)Novice
Singing9/100(9/251)Novice

Knowledge
Bladed combat : 
  1. Bladed Combat: Dagger: Decide on what kind of attack before swinging your arms.
  2. Bladed Combat: Dagger: Can harm you or your opponent
  3. Combat: Blades: Dagger: Basic techniques for holding daggers
  4. Combat: Blades: Dagger: Basic grip
  5. Combat: Blades: Dagger: Basic moves (slash, stab, slice)
  6. Combat: Blades: Dagger: Dagger favours the stab
  7. Combat: Blades: Dagger: Stab techniques
Cartography : 
  1. Cartography: Reading a map
  2. Cartography: Making alterations to old maps
  3. Cartography: Working out distance
Detection : 
  1. Detection: Recognising when you're being followed.
  2. Detection: Remembering detail aids recall
  3. Detection: Sounds of battle
Intimidation : 
  1. Intimidation: Threats don't always work
Navigation : 
  1. Navigation: The Sun Rises in the East, Sets in the West
  2. Navigation: Navigating by Stars
  3. Navigation: Sailing Through A Storm
  4. Navigation: Sunstones and Moonstones
  5. Navigation: Map Reading and Route Planning
  6. Navigation: Understanding currents
  7. Navigation: Know the deep and shallow waters
  8. Navigation: Draw your route on the map for added accuracy
  9. Navigation: Accuracy is even more important in confined spaces
  10. Navigation: Using a spyglass
  11. Astrology: Star Constellations
Negotiation : 
  1. Negotiation: Trading Among Biqaj
  2. Negotiation: Needing Patience With A Backbone
Seafaring : 
  1. Seafaring: Tying Effective, Strong Knots
  2. Seafaring: Slow down when sailing in currents
  3. Seafaring: Wind speed
  4. Seafaring: Mizzen mast
Jewellery Crafting : 
  1. Jewellery crafting: How to Cut Crystal
General : 
  1. Swimming: Front Crawl
  2. Fishing: Hook Tying
  3. Andaris: City of Nobility
  4. There Are Monsters In The Sea
  5. Endurance: Mental fatigue is as draining as physical tiredness
  6. Discipline: It's important to be on time
  7. Singing: The song of the sea
  8. Family: Growing up at sea
  9. The role of a father
  10. Rynmere: Iron Hand uniform
  11. Location: Training Ground
  12. Kraken: A trading ship
  13. Qe’dreki: Started civil war

Skill Point Ledger

Thread or Skill NamePoints AwardedPoints SpentRunning Total
Starting Package (Fishing, Jewellery crafting, Navigation, Swimming)50500
Racial Bonus (Seafaring)25250
Navigation (JD)550
Seafaring (JD)540 (1 point used in conjunction with Saun JT point)
Negotiation (JD)550
Saun JT reviewed by Faith (Negotiation, seafaring, navigation)1090
Hush Now MT reviewed by Kingdom (Singing)990
Better Not Get Cut reviewed by Pegasus (Swimming, Blades: Dagger)15150
Walking the Fine Line of Law reviewed by Malcolm (Cartography, Seafaring)10100
Slash, Slash, Stab reviewed by Pegasus15150
Ayissi
Approved Character

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Vhalar 716 (1)

Ayissi

Postby Ayissi » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:46 pm

Fame Ledger

OriginGainedLostRunning Total
Biqaj10010
Biqaj in Rynmere10020
Navigator10030
Better Not Get Cut thread2032
Ayissi
Approved Character

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Vhalar 716 (1)

Ayissi

Postby Ayissi » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:48 pm

Marks Section

Marks |

Abilities |

Knowledge |
Ayissi
Approved Character

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Vhalar 716 (1)

Ayissi

Postby Ayissi » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:56 pm

Ledger

ItemPaidReceivedRemainder
Shirt 12 SN -- 28 GN 98 SN
Saun Wage -- 217 GN 4SN 247 GN 38 SN
Debt 200 GN -- 47 GN 38 SN
Vhalar Wage -- 934 GN 8 SN 981 GN 46 SN
Debt 100 GN -- 881 GN 46 SN
Small Sail 300 GN -- 581 GN 46 SN
Custom Made Coat 10 GN 78 SN -- 570 GN 68 SN
Light Rope 4 SN -- 570 GN 64 SN

Total Currency: 0 ON, 570 GN, 64 SN, 0 CN

Items

Seafearer's starter pack
  • 1 x Set of clothing
  • 1 x Set of toiletries
  • 1 x Tinderbox
  • 1 x Waterskin
  • 1 x Compass
  • 1 x Spyglass
  • 1 x Small fishing net
  • 1 x Small anchor
  • 1 x Week’s worth of dried food rations
  • 1 x Dagger worth 3gn

Purchased items

• 1 x Shirt made sleeveless after purchase
  • 1 x Small sail
  • 1 x Custom made coat - woollen, embroidery, black dye (Note: for Ayissi without the leather accessories, looking like normal coat with collar and lapels)
  • 1 x Light rope
Ayissi
Approved Character

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Vhalar 716 (1)

Ayissi