• Graded • Only the Strong

With the escalation of hostilities between Etzos and Rhakros, a series of small walled towns is being established as a network of early warnings and defenses against Rhakros' reprisals. Only the very bravest and most formidable of characters should risk themselves on the Witches' Wilds frontier.

Moderator: Maltruism

• Graded • Only the Strong

Postby Gangui » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:57 am

Forehead and hard hands leaned on the only object that seemed to remain aflame whilst everything else swirled into the drowning waters. A steely blade or as Gangui thought of it, virtue incarnate. In the times of chaos, Gangui could trust no person. No magic. No symbol of strength. Not even if he reasoned with himself otherwise. He had known no other defense against the series of horrific events making up his life of toil.

Clouds covered the moon, softening the twilight shine and hiding the form of the kneeling warrior to casual onlookers. Somewhere between the delta and the harbor walls, the heavens drizzled on the beach on which he knelt. Droplets encircled the handle and ran down the razor of his sword, shimmering in the twinkling starlight.

Body unmoving on his steel crutch, he prayed.

~~~

He tortured himself.

The crack of his father’s knuckles breaking a young boy’s skin replayed in his mind’s eye. ‘If you’re gonna be stupid in this life, you gotta be tough!’ Not until this very moment did the warrior understand the terrible words.

He had gone nearly a quarter of a century under the most gruelling of circumstances, all without an inkling of what could pass as a congruent thought. And despite all this, he found himself making serial blood oaths and fighting dangerous battles and carving ideology into the stone of his mind. All things that he would never had chosen if he was more conscience of what was going on around him. At least he had survived. Maybe the hard lessons were hardly worth the experience?

Another crack of his father’s knuckles, ‘Stop feeling sorry for yourself, get over it,’

He was born into a dark hole and with all his energy he had dug deeper into it. As if where he stood wasn’t already an unachievable challenge already. His hate of himself for this was real.

He preferred the times before he had a taste of heaven, before Tanvi cursed him with her presence. No. It was his fault. He was so weak. So weak to fall prey to such base pleasures as that of a woman’s breast. What about Ellen’wyn? He had begun to form a bond with her, an actual female companion for mere lust? Ellen’wyn didn’t like him anyways. He would never be able to find this love ever again, now that he was conscious of it.

The words of his father pushed him to try to find a solution. There has got to be a deeper meaning to all of this suffering. It was a test. Yes a test from nature in order to justify what he wanted. No this was his imagination speaking. The pragmatism of everything he had experienced was coming back into his mind’s eye. The mental jumping jacks shed away the disgusting ignorance, one thought at a time, but it was too slow. Too fucking slow to find a solution.

If Zipper had been present in this moment, then she would have laughed at his infantile understanding of all things. Pointing her elite fingers at him with proffered orders. The retainer being a mere tool, given to her by the world to help her complete her goals. Had put himself there? Or was that the place he was born to exist in?

Robin drilled this fact even more, proving to him his only usefulness was as a fleshbag for arrows to rain down on and help navigate the wilderness. Even then, he was still using a lazy man’s antidote and if Rob had any sort of discipline, he would be able to accomplish all these things himself.

The worst part of it all was his inability to follow his own resentful logic. Unable to return back to the beginning of his thread of thoughts and justify the thinking.

‘Always carry more than your fair share of the burden’ His father used to pound into to him with exhaustive force, ‘Always tow the most.’ Why should he be so good to the wider society when no one else was?

His mind’s eyes returned to the scenes of his youth where his hands and heart were turned into stone in the tunnels of the adamantite mine his father coerced him into excavating. Outside the tunnel, children everywhere were being socialized and learning how to deal with the pain, while he spent all the time alone and completely unconscious of his pain, chipping away at rock. Like a retard: so known for their strength of back and weakness of mind.

Beating away non stop without the sense to run away.

Pushing forward without the smarts to even lets himself be broken and accept darkness.

All this for a sword.

All this pain for the virtue of steel being ingrained in his fabric of being.

Some type of action was needed.

He needed to fix this problem, but there was no Immortal crutch for him. He had no family to support him. He had no woman to keep him company.

Gangui was all alone.

He decided that he wasn't smart enough to outthink this. He would tough it out instead.
The warrior accept who his mission. He was built to fight for justice. He was given immense strength to protect the weak. He was blessed by the human spirit and squandering the gift he had received would be a pity. He had the capability, strength of body, will of mind to push forward for the working man and defeat the immortals.

But something.

Something unknown was holding him back despite his soul’s natural inclination and draw towards this.

Finally he got mad at himself. This long prayer was becoming too much for him.
Gangui
Patriot

Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Faction Leader
Renown: +45
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates
Medals: 6
Peer Reviewer (1) Painting With Words (1) Guild Master (1) Scandalous (1)
Lol Worthy (1) Crush The Reviews! 717 (1)

Only the Strong

Postby Gangui » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:22 am

The light drizzle had escalated into a thrashing rain. Lightning crackled in the sky, the only illumination as the twilight vanished behind the swirling black mess. The howling winds shook the trees in mighty waves, synchronized with the rising tide. The salty water washed onto his iron toes.

Rising from his prayer, the steely warrior screamed.

The dread on his neck seeped down his spine and to the rest of his body. He gave up all contemplation and took several steps into the ocean, the frigid water iced the entirety of his flesh. He yelled again, this time with more force.

Lightning rolled and the thunder boomed.

All the anger that Idalos could throw upon him began to unwind. He planted his feet firmly on the crumbling sand of the shore. There was no foundations in his life and all his attempts to fix this was hollow, but he would take action none the less.

He blamed the Immortals for everything now.

Clenching his fist, he roared again from deep within. His voice deeper, louder, and more terrifying than even the hardened veteran to imagine.

The steel blade in his hand slashed at nothing. He felt warm suddenly, the adrenal blood in his body filling his veins.

Suddenly, he reaffirmed the vows he had taken earlier in life to murder Faldrun. But those were not the words that came out of his mouth.

Instead he sided with the Etzori in it’s entirety and in a sudden change of pace, blamed all his problems on the Immortals “I WILL KILL THEM ALL!!”

A flash of white and more thunder. The winds blew harder and harder. He roared again, even deeper that before, more angry than ever.

The warrior roared trice now, his body full of angry truth coursing through his blood.

He pointed the sword at the sky and damned all the Immortals to hell in his mind and proclaimed his stance to them for all of Etzos, “WE SHALL PREVAIL!!”

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!

A lightning bolt hammered the conductor that was Gangui’s sword pointed at the sky.

BAH-OOOMMM!!

~~~

Blackness followed by a long piercing noise.

... Gangui…

“Who is it?”

The warrior was standing in a puddle now. He could feel the pitter patter of water splashing under his feet as he paced around in the blackness.

... Gangui…

“Who is calling my name?”

A soft light slowly came into existence. It was a spec of light at first. A pinprick in the void. It slowly and agonizingly grew larger.

I….I am…. The spark…. The Spirit of Man….

A bright light instantaneously appeared. Looming above him in the distance. Illuminating everything in its glow.

The cosmo-radiance of the light was the most beautiful thing that the warrior had ever seen in the entirety of his existence.

The pulsating brilliance was better than his momentary tangle with love. He began to cry, not in fear, but in awe.

I… I am…. The beginning and the end…. The first and the last...

“Are you an Immortal?”

Some have mistaken me as one…. In some point of views I am one… In other point of views, some would refer to me as the creator of the Immortals… But I am not… I … Am … A part of you Gangui…

“A part of me?”

I am defined by how people observe me… You are actually talking to the version of me that you yourself have created… I am ‘your perception’ of me…

“I don’t understand what the hell you’re talking about. Who are you?”

In one word… ETHER...

“Ether?”

In actuality, I do not have a physical form… I am an existence that comes down from the 4th density… A place you cannot perceive… but in terms that you understand, it is an entire existence where everything acts in energy waves… It is the source of this 4 dimensional universe and this flat plain… This place where time and space are limited and controlled… this fluctuating void ...

“I do not understand… What does this have to do with me?”

Long ago, a modifier was created to allow me to come down from the 4th density… a pseudo infinite energy ether engine so to speak… This engine was created by an ancient anteoriginal race to attain what they considered the most ultimate form of power in the known 4 dimensional universe…. Eventually those same people used the same engine to create an inter-planetary weapon using this power source… Then the unexpected happened… this engined created an infinitely unpredictable phenomena in order to complete it’s purpose… requiring so much energy… the engine connected to the 4th density, or the 5th dimension, in order to draw energy from a higher dimensional space… the reactor synchronized… or merged the waves of existence and melded the two dimensions momentarily… and created me… the spark… the ether… the spirit… the Immortals… everything magic…

“I still do not understand, none of it, what do you mean?”

I will explain to you in a way you will understand.

The floating pulsating light paused for a moment.

Gangui stared, intent on listening.

In the beginning there was a single spark. And this spark was good. And the spark created...
Gangui
Patriot

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates

Only the Strong

Postby Gangui » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:25 pm

~

A gasp filled the man's lungs in a noisy awakening from his incapacitated state. Drums of red blood pounded to a beat of quick succession in his head and heart. Metal fingers twitched as he stared at his smoking hands. He had been struct by lightening.

The entirety of his body buzzed uncontrollably. Wave after wave of unending goosebumps rolled over him, sparked from the message that he had just received. The true message of liberty; the primal force and one true god above all the Immortals. An urge to act flipped in his mind faster than instinct. The armored man jumped to his feet, the entirety of his metal body smoking.

"I need to write this down."

It was hard for him to formulate these rapidly forming ideas into the right words, but he needed to do this or else all hope for salvation would be gone. The ideals of freedom had been perverted and distorted with expert psychological warfare from Etzos' Immortal enemies and the people of the once glorious nation had all but forgotten the true meaning of human emancipation.

He ran back towards Foster's Landing and it hurt. Every tendon, muscle, and skin bleed with the emotion of pain. His mind was on fire. He was thinking clearly for the first time in his life. He was yelling to himself.

"Pain is real!!"

Mad.

"We are coming for ya, Immortals!"

Mad with the information that had just been imparted onto him by the most sacred thing that he had ever witnessed: the incarnate human spirit.

The truth of human origins and the real cause of Immortal oppression. The realization that the narrative that they had all been given had been slowly changed and manipulated over the centuries to make the human race weak. The understand that humans were actually more powerful than the Immortals and it was the secret that these self proclaimed gods wanted to hide from everyone else.

"GET OFF OF ME IMMORTALS!!"

The nature of the statement quaked under a voice full of raw emotion, stammering with tremulation of righteousness.

There was no time to worry about consequences, no time to think. He needed to write this down.
Gangui
Patriot

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates

Only the Strong

Postby Gangui » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:59 am

~

"Look," Gangui cut off the proffered words of Brandon the Bard, whom he had risen from his slumber to transcribe the message he had heard from the Ether. Their conversation had been going on for hours now and the sunrise would be coming soon. The electrified warrior started waving the current issue of Imp Pressions, the Etzori newspaper.

"I'm tired of this bandit problem not being covered! I'm tired of the corruption not being called out! I'm tired of all the injustice that stems from the damned Immortals who use the physiological and magical warfare not being detailed," The conversation that the two had been apart of had taken a serious turn away from the beginning, but such was the way that social problems were solved, through debate and reasoning and logic.

"I WANT TO FIGHT THESE SONS OF BITCHES!" Gangui ripped the paper in half with metallic hands and speaking through the new fire in his eyes that Brandon the Bard had yet to see. "I DON'T WANNA HAVE HALF MEASURES! I DON'T WANNA DIE AND HAVE THEM WIN!"

He pounded the table with both hands, his voice tremulating with righteousness, "And you know what? I don't know exactly how to beat them, but I know that the first step is for good people of the Landing to band together and take a stand!"

Brandon the Bard nodded at him gravely. Gangui sat back down, shifting several times in his seat. There was no comfort to be had sitting around without taking action, but he needed to convince Brandon of this new message that he had received from the Spirit of Man.

"Look, Brandon," Gangui final breaking the silence between them, "You are rightfully resisting my message, but you are a patriot and know I speak words of truth. The Immortals have dampened and nearly stamped out the human spirit, convincing normal men that they have no power. CONVINCING EVERYONE THAT GOOD AND EVIL DOESN'T EXIST! But we know this is false. We know that the human spirit is what ignited 389! The power of red blooded men coming together. That's the reason why everything has gone to shit. The reason why everything is corrupt and why we struggle with these social issues. It all comes from the nefarious Immortal influence to convince everyone subconsciously we hold no power, despite the power to win being inside everyone of us."

The Bard was a long time friend of Gangui, on the same page ever since the day they met nearly an arc ago, when the warrior came to Foster's Landing for the first time. Brandon was well known for singing the songs of Etzori and like Gangui was cut from the same patriotic cloth. Everything they experienced, everything they learned and talked about, it all seemed to lead up to this turn point. Brandon wanted change, but there was one missing piece and Gangui had finally found and finally presented to him. At that was faith.

Faith was easy for the religious Immortal worshipers. It was explicitly embedded into their culture, their ideology. The secular Etzori however had abandoned such notions, but had completely forgotten the faith in man's triumph that originally got them where they were back in 389.

"I trust you Brandon..." the crazed mustachio said solidly and with a nod.

The bard sighed again and finally nodded, "Verily, my friend, I know what you are trying to say despite the coarse nature of your message," Brandon was not one to mince words, "Despite not being a smithy of words you've basically hit the nail on the head," he leaned back in his chair, "I see my role in all this, to iron out your message and help you preach. It makes too much sense. The real change starts with the will of people and our culture and our spirit. That is what needs to change."

"I don't like how things are going and I want it to change. I don't want my grandchildren living in the world that the scumbags have been creating."

There was a long pause and a deadened stare off at nothing from the bard. After making up his mind, the minstril extended out a hand, "I am in. I believe in you,"

Gangui clasped in hearty agreement, "Aye! We shall prevail!"
Gangui
Patriot

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates

Only the Strong

Postby Gangui » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:32 pm

~

Words meant very little to Caoindelbhan nowadays. The white, grizzly beard belonged to a man who had lived a long and dangerous life. Thus, it would be immediately apparent to any Etzori warrior that proffered, political rhetoric and hollering would fall upon deaf ears. Instead, this larger than life man would communicate through another way, a much wiser way if you asked Gangui, and that way was with the dancing of blades. A duel. They wouldn't try to kill themselves, that wasn't the point. Technically speaking, communication through steel was a way to garner truth and bring out the least amount of deception and fraudulence between the two souls communicating; a physical way of bringing forth to the light a person's true intentions.

It was the old way, lost in the annuals of time to all those whom did not have the honor to understand these things.

Gangui reeled back, his shuffling back steps in good rhythm. A steel hand wiped the spittle from his mustache. The grainy texture in his mouth tasted of steel and blood.

Caoindelbhan nodded solmenly as he backed up, acknowledging Gangui's resolve.

With a single power step forward, the younger mustachio stabbed straight at the man's heart with both hands, drawing the full extent of the kinetic energy from his body. Gangui had a point to make, an appeal to the man's courage.

Caoindelbhan was no coward and not easily convinced. He torqued at the middle of his back watching the young man's sword pierce at thin air. A deep breath. A deep pause. Then a stance re-position.

With no blatant retort to his appeal to the heart, Gangui opened his hips to be in agreement with the elder warrior and attacked again, this time with a backhanded upper-cut. His point being that he would see them rise to the occasion from the ashes of degeneracy.

The sparks resulting from the abrasion of the two steely weapons, ended with locked hilts and Caoindelbhan in an awkward position. A deep breath. A deep pause. After some time they release the tension, but he was the one to step back now. They were in agreement and no matter how the white beard wanted to look at it, the young blood was right.

Gangui had one final point to make. Whirling up the sword in a large overhead arc, he broadcasted his next move with a calm, yet determined face. With two-step-bound forward, he brought the blade down in manner that was guaranteed to strike, but would leave him completely open. He was all in. This was it.

Caoindelbhan caught the weapon on his neck, just as his own landed directly on Gangui's. The stood still for awhile, breathing heavily.

"So you are will to lay your life down for this cause?"

"Aye,"

After a long moment, the two released their swords and stood eye to eye for awhile. Finally, the white beard spoke, "My sword is behind you. You are definitely a son of lady justice,"

The warrior nodded then shook hands with the old timer.

"The Sons of Justice it will be then."

Thus, Gangui recruited the wise veteran from the Inverted Noose to his cause.
Gangui
Patriot

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates

Only the Strong

Postby Gangui » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:14 am

~

With the two men of honor at his side, Gangui confronted all the mercenaries that were present at the Inverted Noose. He laid out his plan for all to see. The patriot was still riding the electric journey caused by the vision that he had encountered after being struct by the lightening bolt of human renaissance. Mustering up the only words he knew, the warrior addressed the men.

"How do they fight us you say?" the leader said to his audience, "By breaking our will, bringing chaos the land, then taking our rights in the name of protecting us!"

"How do they break our will?" he continued, "By fondling our daughters and wives. Molesting our children. And eating our babies." He took a deep breath, he wasn't done, "They break the back of the Etzori male. They put poison in all the water turning us into mutants."

He pointed towards the exit, in reference to what he was about to say, "The people's minds are so shattered they can't even get upset! They are mesmerized by the Immortal inoculation. Their plan is to trick us into giving everything to them and charging us interest, because its not our demise they want, they want our wealth!"

Clenching his fist he became more serious in his melodic tirade, "I see it all around me. History is clear. Common sense is clear." He walked up and down the line of men, "Having an opinion that is different than the Imp' Pressions you get called a madman. Having an opinion on all the pirates and bandits roaming this land you get called a madman. Having any opinion different than what they tell is declaring yourself an abomination. Why? Because these damn immortals have infested their minds like a virus! We somehow found ourselves giving up everything to these scumbag people whose souls are secretly owned by foreign Immortals."

"The judgment of Etzos is here! The judgement of Idalos is here!" Gangui yelled in a crazied fever only the most patriotic could obtain, "The Immortals conjured it! The Immortals brought it to us and now Etzos wants to live in denial!? We are gonna get it now. It's only gonna intensify!"

Gangui took a moment of respite to calm his nerves.

"Men, you can see that I am worked up over these problems..." Gathering his wits he continued, "It can all be changed though. The future is coming. We are living in the present that was the future to come in the past. What we do now can change Etzos for the better! What we decide to do today will be the beginning of a social movement that will sweep our nation."

"I humbly ask you to join me and my loyal brothers," he motioned to the guys behind him, "To join the Sons of Justice, a new group aiming on changing things back to the days of 389 and propagate the free market across the land!"

The applause was thunderous.
Gangui
Patriot

Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates

Only the Strong

Postby Muse » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:55 pm

Your review is ready!

Well, this thread is a trippy, wild, indoctrinated sort of ride, isn't it? Full of Gangui reaching the condensed focus of his beliefs, filtered through the lens of his history and the filter of his adult life.

The Spirit of Man. Dude. Gangui is a madman, but at least he makes it look alright. I love that Gangui's ultimate solution is always to go to the bard. Brandon is my favorite NPC.

Gangui
10 | These points cannot be used for magic.

Fame:
+3 A moving mercenary moment, +2 Hiring some new recruits, +10 founding the Sons of Justice
Loot : N/A
Injuries + Overstepping : Burned scar from lightning strike on Gangui's dominant hand, stretching from where between his thumb and forefinger and down his wrist. It's a straight scar.
Knowledge : Skill Knowledge:
Endurance: Getting Struct by lightening
Discipline: Gathering the pieces of a disordered life
Persuasion: Speaking to a crowd
Rhetoric: Common Sense
Leadership: Starting a faction.
Bastard Sword: Rhetorical Duels

Other Knowledge:
The Sons of Justice
SOJ: Rhetoric
SOJ: Beliefs
SOJ: Foundation in Vhalar 717
SOJ: The Human Spirit

If you've got a question or concern or if I've missed anything, don't hesitate to PM me!

Now that your review is complete,
don’t forget go back to your review post here and drop this image in!

Code: Select all
[center][img]http://standingtrials.com/gallery/image.php?album_id=39&image_id=12206[/img][/center]
Muse
Your A-Muse-ment, Always
Developer - Rank 1

Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Medals: 2
Mentor (1) Developer (1)

Return to Outlying Cities