• Graded • The Voyage Home

But It's Only the Beginning

With the escalation of hostilities between Etzos and Rhakros, a series of small walled towns is being established as a network of early warnings and defenses against Rhakros' reprisals. Only the very bravest and most formidable of characters should risk themselves on the Witches' Wilds frontier.

Moderator: Maltruism

• Graded • The Voyage Home

Postby Patrick » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:30 pm

Zi'da 12 717, Afternoon

So far everything he owned had been packed and ready to go, his voyage to Rharne would start soon now that they'd done what they can. After his stunt the trial prior to this one, Patrick felt sure that both Raimeus and the locals would be hot on his tail now. "So how long before you get back kiddo?" Crowley asked as he stood by the windows to watch the streets outside, a cigar in his mouth as he took a good drag off of the stick.

"Trips usually take about thirty trials give or take, that's what the captain said anyways." Patrick spoke aloud as he folded and rolled his jacket and other clothing, the fabrics shoved in to jam the pack tight with his other essentials. He'd dressed up in his leather armor this time around, determined to wear it out across to the docks at best. His crossbow on the other hand... would remain here with Crowley in the mean time. "When I get there I'm only gonna stick around for a few days, tie up loose ends just before I make a trip back over here."

"So if I'm counting right... Thirty trials there and back is sixty total, and a few days extra would make it closer to..."

"The eightieth of Zi'da, I know I've done the math over and over already." Patrick cut in as he finished sealing the bag.

"We'd be cutting it awfully close."

"We will be," Patrick assured him, "But we need that dagger and those notes if we're gonna find Orimar, the chalice alone isn't gonna tell us where it is exactly."

"It could..." Crowley anticipated as he turned to look at Patrick. "But we don't know that for sure until Cylus."

"Which is why I'm gonna be back before then, and in the mean time we'll keep an ear to the ground. Raimeus can try to keep it quiet all he wants, fact is his expedition is out to the public by now. People are going to be wanting to work for a chance to bring home relics, treasure, anything they can bring back with them probably.

"Well, you can count on me to do that. When you get back I'll fill you in on everything that's been going down." Crowley promised him with a nod, though he didn't seem too thrilled about Patrick going at it alone from here.

"Thanks Crowley, I promise I'll be back. With the dagger and notes in check." Patrick reassured him with a hand pressed onto his shoulder. "Then we'll have a drink, figure out how to locate Orimar and grab ourselves some treasure afterwards."

"Yeah," The older man chuckled with a smirk, "If only it were that easy." Crowley looked down at first and then back up to Patrick, his concern only greater when he touched Patrick by the shoulder as well. "Be careful kid. There's a lot at stake here, and it'd suck to see you get hurt."

"I've been through worse." Patrick remarked with a grin as he patted his friend once more, which he then moved back to his pack and lifted it over his shoulder. "You'll see me back sooner than you think." Both had a brief moment to grin at one another, and then afterwards Patrick reached a hand out to Crowley. "Take care pal."

"You as well kid." Crowley murmured as he shook the hand firmly. Then with one last pat on each other's shoulder, Patrick moved to the doorway of their room. Steadily with a tall walk he carried himself down the hall and into the main lobby of the tavern, and proceeded outside into the streets of Foster's Landing. He didn't need to but if he'd looked over his shoulder, he probably would've found Crowley watching through that same window. Oddly enough the thought made him smile just a little wider, for one it felt good to have somebody like that. It had been too long since he'd had someone to look out for him, someone that'd go out their way to bail him out of trouble when he found it.

Now he just had to head to the docks where the vessel and it's captain would be waiting, which meant he had to walk a little ways through town before he arrived at the docks. Their tavern had been well picked in terms of a hideout but with Patrick gone, Crowley would have to play it smart on his own. Moving about different taverns as both the local guard and Raimeus's small army searched for him. The two had definitely done a number on their reputation here, before too long they'd have to clear out of Foster's Landing entirely if continued to stir the pot further. Patrick moved down the street and turned a corner, onto another that would take him closer to the docks as he walked in bigger steps.

He tried not to look so suspicious as he walked but the sooner he was off, the better his chances of getting out without further delay. A few guards seemed to turn onto his street down the road, and for a split Trill he paused and wandered off into alleyway; He couldn't afford any more risks at this point.
Seasonal Plans - Workshop - Rambles - Vlogs

"If I had one more day to wish, if I had one more day; to be better than I could have ever been."

OOC Note: As of Ashan 717 Patrick has been cursed with Sesser, therefore once a season he's at risk of turning into a Sessfiend. Should the occassion actually come to occur, PC's are warned to consider the extreme risk of injury and even their life; before proceeding to participate in the event. Looking forward to the potential plots and threads to come!
Patrick
"Teetering On Edges"

Race: Human
Profession: Trouble
Renown: +175
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Medals: 21
Helper (1) Peer Reviewer (1) Artíst (1) Painting With Words (1)
One Arc Later... (1) Living Legend (1) Pioneer (1) Bow Chicka Wow Wow (1)
Right In The Feels (1) First Kiss (1) Heartbreak (1) Drunkard (1)
Murderer (1) Addict (1) History Repeated (1) Legend In Waiting (1)
Survivor (1) Lol Worthy (1) Vhalar 716 (1) Idalos Awards 2016 (1)
Event Medal (1)

The Voyage Home

Postby Patrick » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:24 am

He hiked down the alley way and followed it back out into another part of the town, his detour led him to the market street rather than the port side of town. Patrick made quick note to watch for more guard as he walked down into the direction of his destination, eager to arrive as he would occasionally look over his shoulder to check if he were followed. He wasn't thankfully and the port was just in sight, with his vessel easy to spot among the docks no less. "Good. Now I just gotta get to the boat and board it without incident." As he whispered this to himself his pace picked up just a little, only to stop as he noticed Raimeus's men had started to walk down this way. They may had been just plain mercenaries for all he knew, but Patrick had learned by now what to look for.

Those medallions pinned on their shoulders or chests, Raimeus's own brand to show they were his men. "Awe crap!" He cursed as he turned around to head another way, however it seemed as though there were some at the other side of the street as well. "Oh here we go..." He sighed as he looked back over his shoulder, both groups were walking his way in a steady pace as though they'd already cornered him. He had to think fast, before they actually did contain him. He checked to find another alley to his left and this time didn't hesitate to contemplate it's exit, rather just marched down to find a means of losing his pursuers. "Let's see where this goes." Patrick started off with a jog as he moved further down the alleyway, determined to put as much distance between him and the group as possible. One last glance over his shoulder at the alleyways entrance confirmed one thing, they were following him into it as he could see men piling in through the gap.

"Shit." He swore with an extra bounce in his step, determined to outrun them at this point. Yet he reached the end of the alleyway, with nowhere else to go since it was a dead end. "Come on Patrick, think about how to get out of this one..." He told himself as he eyed the walls of the buildings first, there weren't any doors he could try to open, no windows for him to go jumping through this time either... The building at the end of the alleyway looked to be built entirely of a stone however, with spots of the masonry out just enough for him to grab a hold of. With a deep breath he sighed and glanced again, the group of privateers already halfway down the alley they cornered him in. "What could go wrong." He shrugged as he reached for the first stone to grapple onto, with his feet firmly planted on the wall he angled his body to fit the climb.

With another deep breath he reached for the next stone, then the next, and then the next as he started to climb up the wall. "He's gettin' away, someone stop him!" One or two of the guards barked as they drew closer to his location, by now Patrick had one option left and that was to climb. Climb like no tomorrow existed, because it probably didn't in that moment. He looked up the wall at the next stone he needed to reach for, his arm just shy out of reach as his fingers brushed the underneath.

"Damn it!" He swore as he held onto his current stone with both hands, with a few pulls short pulls up Patrick made for one final push from his rock on up. The jump more than enough for him to reach the next rock, he'd managed to latch onto it without slipping his fingers off. "Haha! Catch me now you boot shiners!" He taunted as he reached to his left and grappled onto the next rock.

"Spread out men, surround the building if you can." Another ordered as some started to run off, while a couple tried to copy Patrick and climb the wall. Those that didn't do either remained to watch Patrick, a lot of "Oh damn" and "Uh oh" heard when Patrick's next rock crumbled from his weight.

"Oh shit!!" At the last trill he reached for the next one and pulled over himself back to safety, while the stone he'd previously held onto broke off in chunks and fell down below. "Whoops." Which was pretty much accurate when he looked down to see it fall, because from where he was he'd been kind of high. High enough to injure himself if he fell... High enough to probably kill himself...

"High enough to..." He looked from the ground to the wooden roof of the building next to him. "Make that jump maybe?" He looked around the corner of the building he clung to, yet another wagon of hay seemed to be parked next to it. With his eyes back on the stone he held onto, he felt his fingers start to slip as his arms grew tired. The options were limited... He had to do something or else he'd fall. Those men were heading out the alleyway to surround the perimeter... but they wouldn't catch him in time if he'd made the jump now. Only if he did that jump now though.

"Ashan's balls, if I live through this-" He hoped he'd live through it when he pushed himself off the wall, and twisted around to attempt control in his direction once he'd leaped from the wall. But he was in midair now. There was no way to control... well anything really! His arms and legs were out before him to attempt some meager flailing, until finally he'd actually crashed onto the wooden roof and found himself on that instead. The impact of his landing sent hurt through his arms and legs mainly, but he pulled through intact with his backside now sliding down the slope of the roof. "Whoa whoa whoa!" He hollered as he reached the bottom of the slope and barely caught the edge in time, once he dangled from the roof above the wagon his fingers slipped from the edge; and Patrick came crashing down into his cushioned landing as he'd hoped he would. "Awe shit!" He swore aloud as the daze in his mind eased, somehow he actually didn't break the wagon this time like he did before.

"It worked! Can't believe it." He mused as he turned over and hopped out of the cart, determined to get a move on before the guards came around to corner him. As he ran Patrick didn't bother looking back to see how close his pursuers were to realizing he'd made it, instead he felt the more distance between him and that spot the better. Thus he ran for as long as he could to reach the town port.

When he finally arrived there he wasted no time in boarding his vessel, his cabin down within the hold set up with his personal things shortly after. Rather than head up on deck to see when they'd be off he sat there and waited, until he knew for sure that he felt the ship was sailing out of the docks and into the sea. When that happened he allowed himself out of his room, and headed up on deck to watch as Foster's Landing became a shrinking sight on the horizon.
Seasonal Plans - Workshop - Rambles - Vlogs

"If I had one more day to wish, if I had one more day; to be better than I could have ever been."

OOC Note: As of Ashan 717 Patrick has been cursed with Sesser, therefore once a season he's at risk of turning into a Sessfiend. Should the occassion actually come to occur, PC's are warned to consider the extreme risk of injury and even their life; before proceeding to participate in the event. Looking forward to the potential plots and threads to come!
Patrick
"Teetering On Edges"

Profession: Trouble
Renown: +175
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Medals: 21
Helper (1) Peer Reviewer (1) Artíst (1) Painting With Words (1)
One Arc Later... (1) Living Legend (1) Pioneer (1) Bow Chicka Wow Wow (1)
Right In The Feels (1) First Kiss (1) Heartbreak (1) Drunkard (1)
Murderer (1) Addict (1) History Repeated (1) Legend In Waiting (1)
Survivor (1) Lol Worthy (1) Vhalar 716 (1) Idalos Awards 2016 (1)
Event Medal (1)

The Voyage Home

Postby Zipper » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:25 pm

Overview : I'm rooting for Raimeus btw ^_^ Enjoy your points.

@Owen
Knowledge : Knowledge
Running: Pacing Your Stamina
Running: Jogging Lasts Longer
Climbing: A Way Out of A Corner
Climbing: Using Rocks Within Walls
Climbing: Don't Let Heights Intimidate You
Climbing: Using Ledges
Personal: Leaving Foster's Landing Temporarily
Personal: The Plan Trip to Rharne
Quest: The Voyage Home
Personal: Almost Caught
Crowley: A Good Man
Crowley: Is Worried About You
Crowley: Will Lay Low in Foster's Landing
Crowley: Is Waiting for You to Return

Please make sure your review request is marked as complete and put a review stamp on it!

Your review request is: here
ImageImageImage
Zipper
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Bitch

Profession: Professional Scowler
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Templates
Letters
Medals: 19
Character of the Month (1) Peer Reviewer (1) Painting With Words (1) Guild Master (1)
Review Master (1) One Arc Later... (1) Living Legend (1) Pioneer (1)
Right In The Feels (1) First Kiss (1) Murderer (1) Enemy of My Enemy (1)
Dreamer (1) Legend In Waiting (1) Survivor (1) Lol Worthy (3)
Event Medal (1)

Return to Outlying Cities