Direction [Pegasus Starter]

Almund is a thriving township with a dark side. With houses made from the wooden bodies of decommissioned ships, there are many opportunities here, coupled with many dangers.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Lavana Tharn
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

30th Of Ashan
Lavanas wounds had slowly healed over time leaving the once wounded warrior time to put her focus on training she was disciplined enough to understand that shed have to work harder then ever to get to where she wanted to, as she felt pain on an emotional level as she put things within and pushed them down.

It was a bitter pill to swallow but damn she felt so free as she left her apartment and headed out the door as she walked the cobblestone paths, she was adorned in platemail that shed purchased at the Bazaar and it was time to find a new direction for her life as she gripped her sheathed sword in her hand as she emulated what little she had from Qylios while the mark of Celarion glowed like a halo around her arm.

She wasn't about that butcher shop life anymore, and even though shed been hauled out and dumped on her ass at the council meeting it was fine by the mortal born, fuck them too. She had herself and she felt strong enough to forge her own path and break away from the chains that held her down. Discipline had given her a new strength, she saw it for what it was. They wanted a princess to go a party unprotected, it wasn't happening being plopped on her ass after all shed been through she understood what that meant it was a big fuck you. And she felt the same about Kura, she hoped it was a trap and that shed suffer the same way she had. Acted like she was a hero but took no responsibility for bringing the building down that caused the catastrophe that Scalvoris would have to clean up. She knew what she saw when she shrieked, and even if the imperial wanted to pretend like it hadn't that was her problem she could live a lie and her mother could fawn over her.

Lavana was done with her mother, and done with Kura and her feral sister and did not need either of them or there mother Karem either the imperials were a toxic lot and dumping them was easier then she thought. Both Karems daughter's had sought to harm her in the beginning so it was easy, they weren't friends and never had been. And it made it easy to empathize with her sisters plight

Lavana was now free to be Lavana as she had a grip on herself that she never had before. It was an exhilarating new experience and she felt emboldened by it. It was dangerous to feel so unburdened like life was her oyster, but at the end of the trial she was clueless as what to do with such a quaint little gift.

What she wanted above all things was to hurt her mother but that was a fallacy unbeknownst to herself. She didn't understand that immortals were different, and while she could exist outside of her purpose her mother could not; she was bound to it.

But really the only thing left, all Lavana needed was a direction! She wanted her sister but couldn't even fathom where to begin on that as her steps simply fell into place one after another. As she contemplated her choices quietly trying to arbitrate herself.
word count: 561
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

It must be a strange thing to be stuck between mortal and divine. Not fitting entirely in one place nor the other; part of, and apart from both at once. The people around Lavana were different than her, less than her perhaps. Yet, people like her existed because the Immortals see mortal lives and are intrigued. So, too, that trial in Ashan, Lavana stood in Almund, walking with purpose but without direction, and she saw the people around her more clearly.

And she felt as much as she heard the whispers of Domains, the pull to an unknown place, to her link to Emea. Domains, granted by her Immortal blood and hidden by her mortal soul. Could she, would she, listen to those calls? Even if it was something she wanted to do, the problem Lavana faced was that the call came from all around, from everywhere and nowhere. Outside and in, she heard and felt it.

Which meant, of course, that she could not actually answer it.

So, she walked through Almund and a few things stood out for her that trial, as she walked and she thought and she felt so very much. Three things, three mortals who seemed to draw her gaze. But with one stationary and the other two moving, in different directions, she'd have to pick one or none of them. A young woman, probably biqaj judging by the slight curve of her ears, knelt on the floor in front of some cards and other fortune-telling equipment. She turned to look at Lavana and she smiled, which was impressive really - her eyes were completely white and the young woman who was maybe about fourteen but maybe less, was obviously blind. The second mortal to catch her eye was a man, hurrying through the street, with his head down and his hood up. He was ignoring pretty much everyone in his rush to get... wherever he was going.

And the third was an older woman, maybe in her forties, carrying a wicker woven basket filled with herbs and plants. Something about the three of them stood out, but Lavana could watch all for a few moments or approach one.
Off Topic
I couldn't decide which plot out of three possible. So. Choice is yours! :)
word count: 380
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Lavana Tharn
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Tharn
Lavana seemed to wonder what she was looking at; that was laid out before her eyes. It was serendipitous that three possible paths had revealed themselves as a metaphorical fork in the road.

The man with his head down and cloak low was an obvious pass. Shed spent enough time in Almunds shady back alleys to discern trouble, and she wasn't going to chase a would be mugger into a den of thieves. If he was in trouble, it was the consequences of his own actions and Lavana could live with that; his plight was not hers to concern herself over. Shed played that game with Nalin, and gave him the answer Discipline! He scoffed at her non chalantly dismissing the notion with total disregard, calling her mother and indirectly herself a monster. She was good with that, hed learn the hard way that strength came from resolve and commitment to purpose not crying about his father then rejecting the advice given. It was either that or the guy was on his way to the buckle and chain, as she scrunched her nose at him.

The woman with herbs, reminded her of that healer Faith. Whatever the council woman's position on her ejection that evening, she still respected her wants. But rejected her ideology, It was a shame to her because they saw eye too eye on a lot of things. But it was the methodology that separated her from joining her fold. At the end of the trial she judged a book by its cover and saw another healer with herbs in a basket, and cast a quick roll of her eyes as she felt it would be a dreadfully boring waste of time picking plants. Bug berries would have been a different story shed of been there in a heart beat to hold that basket, but that didn't look like the herbs that were on the menu so she too was cast off.

The blind fortune teller was a curiosity maybe what she needed was someone to feed her some mystic bullshit and get her fortune read. Sounded like a good way for her to put things together or have a laugh, it was strange she smiled at her and Lavana was quick to smile back and waggle her hand in a friendly wave only to bite her lip and cringe both outward and inward as she fell into a social pitfall; As a hair trill into it realized duh the kid was blind.

Welp, she was roped in now; last thing the mortal born needed was feeling as though shed been an asshole to a blind child. So shed pay this kid for her fortune and be on her way, as Lavana prepared herself for for the pseudo prophecy foretold; Lavana cracked a coy grin as shed try to anticipate the narrative before it began.

"So what's this reading gonna cost?"

As she took a seat and rested the sheathed sword on her lap and rested her cheek on her knuckles, shed be happy to pay so the kid could eat and shed tip well too as she felt rude considering what had transpired. It couldn't be easy getting by with a disability so shed be respectful of her craft, but disciplined enough to take the shit show with a grain of salt.

But there was something ulterior in her motives, a thought for something within to redeem herself as Amber eyes looked into pale clouds. Could she gift insights and thoughts of color to this blind child by Celarions bond? What would that do? Could she conceptualize such a thing as red and display it in thought? She had a gift, maybe she could give one in return.
word count: 628
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Lavana's Reading
The girl looked up at Lavana and for all that she evidently could not see, it was still obvious that the Mortalborn was who her attention was on. "Cost?" She shook her head and a ready smile lit her face. "I have to do what I do, it isn't for money. When I'm done, if anything resonated or helped you with your dilemma, then you can give me something if you want?" Her shoulders lifted in a shrug, even as she said it and she knew that people often didn't believe her. "My name is Joelle. I'm here because... " Gesturing around she seemed to be talking about being where she was, in the right now. "I can't be anywhere else." Her sightless eyes moved, constantly, while she was talking, yet there was no doubt that her attention fully on Lavana. Her posture, her gestures, all of her.

"I have these. They are cards," she said, stating the obvious as she pulled a deck of cards. "There's one in here which is yours. Only you will pull it from the deck, because it's yours." Laying the cards down in front of her, Joelle used both hands to spread the deck. "Choose one," she said with a smile.
Assuming that Lavana did as she was bidden, the card she lifted out depicted a woman on a war chariot. Two horses pulled that chariot, one black and one white. The woman, standing and holding her sword in the air looked remarkably like Lavana. "The Chariot!" Joelle said, though how she could know was impossible. "Oh that's an interesting card! The horses depict a choice. Control, willpower, assertion on the one hand, a lack of control and aggression on the other. The driver has to steer the horses, choose which one." Joelle spoke softly.

"The first thing you thought when you saw the driver. Was it that it reminded you of someone? If so, that's who the card is about, for you." She gestured towards it. "You may keep the card. It's yours. It was waiting for you. If it sounds like it might be right, then if you're interested, I could do you a reading?"

Joelle put her hands in her lap and she waited, wondering what it was that Lavana would say.

word count: 394

Lavana Tharn
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Tharn
Lavana was entranced by the rapid movement of the girls eyes, but she blinked and closed her own momentarily to adjust to the seers cloudy hues that involuntary moved on there own but she made it a point to continue to make eye contact.

She scrunched her nose though when she called her card, the chariot as she drew it from the deck. Lavana figured shed either bent a card or possibly counted them. She wasn't sure how she did it, but would not allow herself to fall for the charlatans rouse.

Amber eyes looked down at her card scanning it for details, but more thoroughly took an appreciation for the symbolism involved on the tarot card and how the fortune teller guided her.

What Lavana saw on the card was her mother at the wheel, and her sister Valtharn in ebon plate and herself in Steel the two horses propelling the wagon. Of course the representative figuring of hers could very well have been fundamentally flawed but she felt like a monster, was called a monster, and made friends with ruthless killers that could rise to the occasion but was that really her? Or her emulating a desire to be like her sister? To feel like she belonged somewhere, she took time deliberating her questions.

"I want control, willpower and assertion."

Lavana had already seen wild haymakers and could counter them, precision through discipline was a far more dangerous weapon. Shed seen the difference, rage destroyed things dear to her in the moment. Control quelled a robbery.

"I think the driver is my mother, or it could be me. Maybe it's me and I'm not taking responsibility for my actions, as I should be in control of the wheel."

Lavana was patient, processing her ideas and thoughts.

"You may do my reading, I feel like it's accurate.

Thank you for the card, I'll treasure it."

As she let her thumb slide up and down it's edge; she felt like maybe her mystic mumbo jumbo might at the least give her an idea of what she wanted. Control, it was a good start.

A deep breath and she closed her eyes to reflect upon herself. Shed been out of control in the council.
And maybe her feelings towards Kura were displaced and unfounded from her hysteria; as she felt resented by her mother.
word count: 400
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Lavana's Reading
The girl smiled slightly, "a card can mean more than one person. We have so many different aspects to ourselves, it's not surprising if we find ourselves making choices, thinking or even doing things which, later, we would have to wonder about. I think that's part of being mortal. Or, maybe not, I don't know. A reading? I'd like that." She seemed quite content to speak, chat even and she motioned to the floor in front of her. "I think the bones, that's what's best for you." She frowned as she thought of it but then nodded, more certain. Then, she reached to the side and pulled out a small bag. Placing a small black cloth on the ground, she reached into the bag and then, she gently threw what looked like knuckle bones down.

The look of concentration she wore was clear, there was a deep furrow in her brow and her smile was definitely gone. It seemed, it was important to her that she got this right - this was more than a hobby or even a job to her, after all. Still, the young girl reached out her hand, palm down and fingers splayed open, just a half an inch over the bones. She closed her eyes, much as a sighted person might when trying to block out the visual in front of them and then she started to speak.

"You are three things, in one thing. It is who you are, what you are. The triple aspect of you, it sews confusion, in your heart. But that is your past. I see..." she breathed in and then, as she spoke her voice changed. Slower in pace, deeper in tone and pitch - like she was a more mature version of herself, perhaps. "You're in a field, maybe. Or a woodland, there's grass under your feet. There's sunlight. But you have a choice and a bridge. It's over a stream or river and it looks rickety, broken. But you have to cross it, because there's someone waiting there for you." Joelle looked up, lifting her sightless eyes to Lavana. "It isn't what it seems. It's a dagger, but it's more than that. You have to find it to escape.."

With a sudden shake of her head, Joelle smiled and again she was the young woman, only barely that in terms of age and she smiled. "You seem unsettled. Is there something specific you're wondering?" She seemed almost shy when she added, "I might be able to help."
word count: 436

Lavana Tharn
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Tharn
Amber eyes were locked on the bag of knuckle bones as she gave them a toss, as she concentrated Lavana was drawn in fixated on her hand as it hovered above those old bones as shed become a believer in the heat of the moment.

Lavana wasn't sure what to make of the reading, she had her friend Max and that was the only dagger experience she could think of. How could Lavana forget the dagger that shed gripped with her own two hands and forced out of her chest. Was it a forecast of Max, and things to come? Was She a dagger? Meant to stab her in the back? Or was the Rusalka the person shed need to go to, as bridges were falling apart? It didn't make much sense as she touched her platemail in the spot the dagger had struck her with a look of concern.

Lavana didn't at all know what to make of it, three of her in one? As she scrunched her nose. Maybe she should have followed the man that was in a big rush, as she had given a feignt sigh of disappointment.

The vagueness of her predictions seemed so loose it could have applied to anyone, fields, forests, bridges? Of course Lavana shook her head in disbelief, as she told herself she did not come to sit for actual answers. And the more Lavana thought about it the young girl had done a spectacular job of putting on an eerily different voice she must have had good acting skills and the show was bar none.

So Lavana clapped and smiled a toothy grin entertaining the fortune teller, as she tilted her head as she seemed to shy away with her invitation for more. Lavana had decided that she had invested to much of herself in the reading, how Joelle furrowed her brow the concentration her atmosphere and ambiance were perfectly played and Lavana took satisfaction in being duped; the young girl was good almost to good .

There was reconsideration on her part, and that the disappointment was her own fault because the fortune teller had done a splendid job of reeling her in. And she had to give credit where credit was do, she did not display arrogance nor ignorance only delight at her performance; in Lavanas eyes it was marvelous.

"There's no need to be shy, thank you Joelle that was splendid." As Lavana had found delight in the cup being half full rather then empty.

She took a moment as she wondered to herself as one of her fingers touched her chin coyly and her Amber hues seemed wild as if thrown into some kind of obsessive frenzy as a sly wolfish smile grew upon her face.

Just to confirm her suspicions.

"Yes please, I would be most grateful for your time.
My biggest problem is family related on one hand I have my mom she disapproves and rejects me; but I yearn for her affection do you think this is achievable? And on the other I have my sister, who has gone off the deep end. And yet I wish to save her from herself, can she be redeemed or is it a fool's errand?

Can you; help me with that?"

Certainly Joelle couldn't have been aware, that she was Raskalarns daughter and Valtharns sister. And maybe what Lavana needed was a wholesome feel good answer; even if it wasn't truly divination just something from someone else it could go a long way so that's what she sought.

An answer, a direction
word count: 604
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Lavana's Reading
"You don't believe I can see what I can, do you?" Joelle asked and she smiled. "It's alright - a lot of people don't. I can. If I wanted to make money out of it, I'd be more specific about things that are true for almost everyone." She sounded a little tired, but her smile was bright enough. Lavana spoke then of what she had, what her situation was. Her mother and her sister. Joelle listened and she frowned slightly, her expression demonstrating her emotions maybe more than a sighted person, someone who understood just how much others could read from the expression on your face would. Maybe. Or maybe she had no problem with people seeing her.

Either way, she listened and she breathed in. "Your mother is... she's not ... its like I can see her but she isn't there. Or she's everywhere?" Joelle seemed genuinely confused. "I don't understand. Is she special? A ruler or someone important?" Someone that Lavana could not get to, was not accessible to her in a way that Joelle did not fully comprehend. Then, the sister, too, there was something more. Something different.

"Is this why you are three in one?" Joelle asked, her confusion evident in her voice. "You seem to be at once an elder, an adult and a child to me." This was a most confusing woman to the young fortune teller and she didn't fully know what to say, so she spoke simply what she saw. "I think the answer is that while you focus on them, you are missing the point." Yes, that was right. She knew it, but she didn't know how and so she simply allowed the words to come.

"You will never gain anyone's approval by seeking it. Only by your actions, never by your desire. Your mother wants to know who you are, to see you. Put aside concern about who others want you to be and seek inside yourself, you have to be able to be at peace, all three in one." Somehow, Joelle understood that what she said was right, even though she did not know why or how.

"You need to understand yourself, first. Look inside and hear the voices of your inner self. The place inside your soul that you have Dominon over, I suppose. That's what you have to know." She smiled a slight smile to Lavana. "Does any of that make sense to you? It doesn't to me." That was the simple truth of it and so she waited to hear what the woman in front of her would say.
word count: 447

Lavana Tharn
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Tharn
Her brow furrowed as she noticed the young woman's tiredness or discomfort as her eyes squinted evaluating Joelles physicality. She didn't like that she seemed exhausted or had taxed herself on her behalf. Maybe the young girl was seeing something, but how did she know what she was thinking? Shed seen things similar before, concerning blessings.

Raskalarns daughter was becoming puzzled and perplexed, but not in a volatile way. In a manner that your trying to see something you simply can't grasp. Lavanas visual concept of this was her nose, was touching a painting and the fortune teller told her to take a big step back and evaluate the bigger picture. Her eyes were widening as her mouth hung open as she clung to every word Joelle had to say a hundred and thirty year old was taking sagely advice from a girl that had been at least five times younger then her. Yet here she was with more wisdom or as though she appeared with a facial expression reserved for adults to children, the mortal born concluded shed be a damn fool not to listen.

Truly was she groveling and appearing unworthy?

Maybe this young girl was onto something, maybe that was the key? Even Karem had asked her who she was! It was difficult but shed given the best answers she could at the time. Ela was certainly an acquired taste but even that mortal born had a better sense of direction then her, she had procalimed she was the ultimate apex predator without fail or rather had been till her mother arrived. That thought alone put a smile on her face, and she nodded enthusiastically the whole time an answer that gave her light in the darkness of insecurity. Lavana was soaking up the casual conversation! She felt good like she found something out of it that was needed, but Lavana would pay attention.

Creaky bridge; check.

Must go to this person; check.

They aren't what they appear, they are a dagger; check.

Shed prepare herself for this journey when the time came, as Joelle had began tapping into things that bordered on stuff she couldn't or shouldn't know. Lavana was still skeptical or at least was trying to asdure hetself she was. But she was not so quick as to write it off like before, as she fringed on believing her as the real deal but all the same would approach the young fortune teller differently heeding her divination; her foretold prophecy with an emboldened state of mind as she was strategizing and preparing internally.

"I think you are so right, maybe that's what's been missing. Myself, Me, Who Am I!." As she stood up hastily overwhelmed with excitability, shed been caught in the moment like shed discovered some fantastic treasure or artifact."I am.................ummm..............hmmmmmmph!" Lavana sat her ass back down when even she could not answer what should have been a relatively easy question. Self discovery it was then!

"Thank you Joelle, you probably wouldn't believe me. But I'm the daughter of an immortal, and you've helped me greatly. I'm glad I bumped into you.

By the way... I have the mark of Celarion check it out."

Lavana would attempt to link with bonds minor with the Joelle the fortune teller She was awfully curious about her, and maybe her mark if she accepted it would give greater explanation into who she was. After all Lavana was still interested in thoughts and emotions revolving around colors and details.

Lavana felt exaltant, and there was a supreme happiness that was emanating from her that she could hardly contain.

"If your tired I can help you pack up, and navigate you home?"

It was the least she could do.
word count: 637
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

As you've retired the PC I'm unsubscribing from this thread. If you re-awaken her, then just give me a nudge and I'll be very happy to continue!
word count: 31

Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Almund”