• Memory • A beauty I'll guard until the end of time.

Nalin loses his sister and meet's Enrick in the meantime

Previously the stronghold of the Pirate Lords, Almund is a thriving township with a dark side. With houses made from the wooden bodies of decommissioned ships, there are many opportunities here, coupled with many dangers. Dirty deeds, done dirt cheap!

Moderators: Aegis, Pegasus

A beauty I'll guard until the end of time.

Postby Nalin Marit » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:21 am

5th of Suan of the 710th Arc
For how grateful to those helping, he didn't actually have the words in common. He didn't have them. And signing wouldn't really be enough either, because they wouldn't understand. Though the look in his eyes probably said most if not all of what he wanted to say as he looked around at the people that were now starting to leave because things were now under control.

Nalin looked to Enrick and smiled at him. "I'll carry sister. Doesn't like strangers. Ones can't talk to. Since... ye... no know Sign? Hard for Sister to open up." He smiled and softly caressed her head soothing her as she stirred, she looked so weak and frail in that moment, he just wanted to be there for her, shade her and help her cool off.

He was really glad that Enrick had the sense to grab water. Though she seemed barely able to drink any. He took deep breaths, she was okay. She was fine, just ill.

Slowly, he took her in his arms, carrying her in the princess hold that most women would swoon over being held in. It took him a bit of effort, and it showed on his face, but he got from the ground to a standing position after a few adjustments with her in his arms. Taking slow deep breaths he put his forehead on hers. "Lavender. Stay awake. We go home now." He smiled at her and kissed her cheek before looking to Enrick.

"Please come, so you know where live. Much welcome guest from now on." He smiled at Enrick and started walking slowly, asking pardons every so often. People parted for him courteously as he walked holding his sister to him.

The effort of doing so showed on his face, but so did his determination. Even after exhausting himself trying to find the girl, it seemed like his every action was only for her, to protect and care for her.

Passer's by looked at them curiously but didn't speak at more than a murmur, and Nalin was too concentrated on not dropping his sister to even really care. At this pace, it would be easy for Enrick to keep at his side or right behind him. Though it was painfully slow in this Suan heat. Adjusting her a bit in his arms he grunted almost falling forward but straightening back up. Panting softly, he just kept smiling, as if reassuring himself or maybe it was his sister, who's eyes kept opening and closing with tiredness.

This happened a few more times before the were somewhere between Midtown and Lowtown Almund. They found themselves in front of a cute tiny two story house. He smiled. "Home!" The trip had been a good 40 or more bits. It was hard to tell in Suan, on top of that... it seemed like it had been even longer due to the pace of the trip.

Walking to the door he turned to Enrick, nodding to the door. "Little help?" He smiled meekly. Nalin looked like it was about his turn to pass out from the heat. At least it looked like he was going to sleep well to-trial. That's when his little sister's hand moved to Nalin's chest and made a few strange movements.

Nalin cracked an huge smile and chuckled. "Good! Have leftovers from last night!" He chuckled and looked to Enrick. "Hungry?"
[/color]
Nalin Marit
Approved Character

Race: Human
Renown: +50
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Medals: 1
First Kiss (1)

Postby Enrick » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:00 pm

At the decline of his offer Enrick nodded softly to demonstrate that he understood well enough, Nalin seemed content and capable of carrying her himself at least. That was good. That meant his job here was done and he could go back to doing his usual thing, albeit not be as mildly amusing as this trial had been considerably. Yet when he felt determined to part from Nalin's company it seemed as the man had further need of him, and urged him to tag along for the trip back to their home. Really now? Nalin made it known that he would be a welcome guest, always allowed to visit whenever the time suited him apparently.

The gesture itself brought a humble smile as he looked to Nalin with warm green eyes, thus he nodded approvingly as he gave Nalin a bit of space for a few Trills. When it seemed he needed a bit of steadying Enrick helped support in that regard, and then proceeded to follow the man through the square next to the tree. He trailed along rather carelessly near Nalin the whole trip, more or less occupied with shadowing him in his own way. It wasn't that he didn't want to walk close to the man, just that he found other things in the environment to occupy his time while in Nalin's company. They'd passed through the market on the way and in turn, headed down the street towards some place between Mid and Lowtown where a quaint little hovel seemed to reside.

"Sure mate." He answered in turn when it came to request for help with the door, a step back made to allow Nalin to enter first before him. Enrick trailed along behind him as they entered the place together, the door shut behind him as he felt relieved to be out of the constant burning sun. The fisherman could still feel heat radiate off his skin, and when he heard mention of leftovers he couldn't help but chuckle a little. For a foreigner Nalin seemed quite courteous, then again Enrick did pay him a favor in regards to looking for his sister. "Sure mate, it couldn't hurt t' 'ave a bite." He reasoned with a soft smile on his face, his green eyes upon Nalim as he followed the man into the house.

By the end of the Trial Enrick not only seemed to make a new friend, but earned himself a free meal in the process nonetheless.

Off Topic
I'd say that's a good way to wrap things up. :) Feel free to post one last time if you think it necessary, and go ahead and pm me the list of lores you'd like Nalin to earn from this thread. I'll prep a request for a review once I've received said pm. Awesome writing love! Did a good job.
Enrick
Wayward Voyager

Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Fisherman
Renown: +30
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates

Postby Pegasus » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:09 am

Lovely thread! Well written and I loved the portrayal of both pcs. Both interesting to read and with hidden depths - great fun. Only thing I'd say is that Almund doesn't have Midtown and Lowtown. But that's a tiny detail - and the relationship between the two of you was really well written. Lots to enjoy in this thread, thank you. I hope you both enjoy your rewards. Please do pm me if there's any questions.
Enrick

Renown: 5 (Helpful, kindly deeds in Almund)
Loot : 
Knowledge :  Negotiation: Determining the Best Choice
Leadership: Being An Example Among Peers
Navigation: Moving Around Town
Investigation: The Search For Nalin's Sister
Investigation: The Trick Is To Keep Calm
Leadership: Lending A Hand When Needed
Investigation: Mentally Explore Every Scenario Along the Way
Meditation: Feeling Connected With Nature
Caregiving: Essentials Are Everything
Caregiving: Water and Rest For Heatstroke
Leadership: Being Supportive When Necessary

Generic

Memory: Drinking With the Guys
Memory: Nalin's Search for Lavender
Nalin: Speaks Broken Common
Nalin: The Older Sibling
Nalin: Guardian Over Lavender
Nalin: Believes You Have A Good Heart
Nalin: Easily Worried For His Sister
Nalin: Loves His Sister Immensely
Nalin: Gestures Common When He Speaks
Lavender: Nalin's Little Sister
Lavender: Is Mute
Lavender: Is Only Mute
Lavender: Likes Playing With Nalin
Almund: The Glass Tree
Almund: Nalin's Residence

Nalin

Renown: 5 (Kind, helpful deeds in Almund)
Loot : 
Knowledge :  Endurance: Carrying a person in extreme heat
Linguistics: Finding the right word in Common
Navigation: Through winding streets and alleyways
Medicine: That's what Heatstroke is?
Medicine: Water and Rest For Heatstroke
Running: While searching, one must sometimes speed up.
Strength: Weight of your Sister
Socialization: Asking for Help
Socialization: Trying to explain a situation
Socialization: Welcoming Those that Help you, to your home.
Socialization: Word fumbling and getting to the point

Generic

Enrick: A kind Individual
Enrick: A man of his word
Enrick: Kind to Lavender
Enrick: Helps Find Lavender
Enrick: Eyes change colors
Enrick: Not sure how to take compliments
Enrick: Generally a Calm Fellow
Enrick: Quick thinking
Enrick: House guest
Enrick: A New friend.
Enrick: A stronger accent, but that's okay
Enrick: Does not complain about my bad Common.
Lavender: Sometimes a little brat
Lavender: Still worth every annoyance
Self: I will protect my sister no matter the cost
Self: Even the heat won't beat me when I'm on a mission.
Self: Keep going, I'll get there
Self: Sometimes you need to slow down
Almund: The Marketplace
Almund: Alley's for travel
Almund: The Glass Tree Location
Almund: The Marit Home
Almund: A random bar or two
Almund: A few kind people
Pegasus
Ignoble steed
Storyteller - Rank 3

Race: Prophet
Profession: Telling Stories!
Renown: -665
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Medals: 22
Contributor of the Month (1) Guest on Live Chat! (1) World Developer (1) Artíst (1)
Dungeon Master (1) Mentor (1) Ambassador (1) Supporter (1)
Review Master (1) One Arc Later... (1) Pioneer (1) Puppet Master (1)
Lol Worthy (1) Storyteller (1) Holy Tax Accountant (1) Keyboard Monkey (1)
King Kong (1) Vhalar 716 (1) Idalos Awards 2016 (1) Winner Idalos Awards 2016 (1)
Crush The Reviews! 717 (1) Crush The Reviews! 15+ (1)

Previous

Return to Almund