• Closed • [The Four in Hand] Hit Me With Your Best Shot

Tio vs Ronan

55th of Zi'da 717

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Tio Silver
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Race: Immortal
Profession: God of Curses
Renown: 665
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

[The Four in Hand] Hit Me With Your Best Shot

One moment Tio was, in his mind anyway, the winner. His hammer blow was thundering down towards Ronan's exposed side, and when it hit the giant would be down for the count.

And then there was a blur.

Tio honestly wasn't too sure what had happened to him. At the last moment Ronan moved, he could see that, and suddenly the world had gone all topsy-turvsy. The ground went out from under his feet, all sense of up and down went out the window, and then the ground suddenly came rushing back to meet him again as it slammed right into his back. Another sharp impact hit him in the face, rattling up his brain enough to make him go numb, which spared him the brunt of the pain as another series of blows smashed into him at various points. Mercifully the barrage soon came to an end, leaving him sprawled out on the floor and staring vacantly up at the sky. The air in his lungs escaped slowly in a high, drawn-out groan of pain. By the spirits his body hurt! Had he been run over by a stampede of horses or something?

He could make out the voice of the announcer calling out something through his stunned haze, though what words exactly he'd said he didn't know. Then the crowd around them erupted into cheering, and as their blurry roar overwhelmed him the silhouette of a figure in a green hood kneeled over him. The figure said something to him, though Tio couldn't quite hear him over the noise of the crowd.

He must have blacked out for a bit, because the next thing he knew he was propped up against the wall of the alley, with the person in the green hood behind him holding a bag of strong yet strange smelling salts up to his nose. He couldn't have been out for too long, as most of the crown from earlier was still loitering around chatting with one another, yet he'd been out long enough for some sort of ointments and bandages to be put over the areas that he could feel beginning to swell up as bruises.
[/align]
word count: 372
Fast Facts
Noticeable quirks your character can see when threading with Tio.

Floats

Tio floats in the air, usually just a foot off the ground.

Explodeibur

Tio wears a scary looking gauntlet on his right hand that is clearly magical. It creates explosions.

Mercury

Tio has a masked alter ego who leads The Court of Miracles.

Enchanting Voice

Tio's voice has hypnotic properties.
Ronan
Approved Character
Race: Ithecal
Profession: Elements Troop/Gladiator
Renown: 22
Character Sheet
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Ronan remained tense, muscles ready to go another round, while the green hooded figure inspected his opponent. The world remained on the edge of red as he regarded the events before him. From what words managed to slip through his half berserked state, Ronan understood that the fight was over. His opponent was out cold, alive but unconscious. The announcer, after the green robed man had assured him his opponent wasn't dead, got up and grabbed Ronan by the wrist, trying to raise his hand in the air. Ronan turned and snapped at him so quickly the man stumbled back in shock.

He blinked at the announcer and managed to get himself a little more under control. The red faded somewhat while the green hooded figure picked his opponent off of the ground and started carrying him out of the ring. He seemed much stronger than what his physique betrayed. The announcer seemed to recover from the shock and declared Ronan the winner. Still bleeding from the nose and with bruises all over, Ronan looked around the ring and seemed to snap out of a daze as he suddenly threw his arms up in the air. He gave the crowd a nice flex and grabbed the announcer by the hand, shaking it quickly. "Thanks. Sorry about that." He tried to smile but the blood trickling from his nose over his lips didn't help much with that.

Some of the crowd started to move inside again, the season didn't really allow for outside chatting and socializing. As people moved inside, Ronan got one of two looks from them. Either they had bet on him and were beaming their thank at him from a distance, even going so far as to come over and try to shake his hand or pat him on the shoulder, while the others stared daggers at him for their loss on this fight. He had long since learned to ignore the latter and bask in the former so he was more than happy to shake people's hands and listen to them retell the fight and how amazing he was taking all those hits and how his comeback at the end was so cool. None of them ever thanked him for any of it, though. That was something he had noticed as well over the years.

As he slowly moved towards the inside with the crowd, Ronan noticed his opponent sitting with the green hooded figure against one of the walls of the alley. "Excuse me for one moment." He said to the people around him. Their eyes followed him as he walked over to the man sitting on the ground. Some of them might have expected some sort of taunting from Ronan's side, others perhaps a continuation of the fight. He wasn't sure but Ronan always thought he surprised people when he did these things. "You fought pretty well. I didn't think you'd last this long." While it sounded a little condescending to some, the fact that he didn't feel like throwing up told Ronan that it was all true. He gave the beaten young man a respectful nod. "If you'd like, come and see me when you're patched up." He rejoined his 'fans' and started walking inside with them.

Despite the end of the fight always being a bit of a rush in the Four of Hand with orders and such, Anida had seen fit for Mixie to be there for him and start patching him up. It was never as bad in this ring as it had been in Rynmere but Ronan was more than happy to have the young woman looking after him at the end of a fight. "So you've still got it." Her voice was a bit dreamy, a bit absent, like always, as she smiled at Ronan. She held the door to his "locker room" open and let him in. Ronan just sat down on one of the many crates of dry foodstuffs the chef used to make his "cuisine" and Mixie got to work.

Her soft hands felt a little cold at first as she applied to salves to his bruises but they warmed up quick enough as she kept rubbing it in. Ronan reached over for his bag and pulled out the jar within. The sealing jelly wasn't normally used this way but it was the only way Ronan knew how to survive. He still hadn't learned how Faith had done what she'd done and, quite frankly, he was a little worried to learn how she'd done all those things in the first place. Rather unceremoniously he dipped two fingers into the jelly and stuck them in his nose, one in each nostril, rubbing the jelly along the walls. The sight was a little disturbing, seeing a grown man just rummaging around in his own nose with two fingers, but Ronan cared very little for those things. He did become aware of a soft humming behind him as Mixie continued to rub the salve on his wounds.
word count: 854
Tio Silver
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Through the blurry haze of voices, shapes and pain, Tio was able to make out the large blue shape to be Ronan as the mixed-race approached him. His senses were cleared up just enough for him to hear the fighter's invitation to join him, but when he attempted to reply his words just came out as a pained whine, and was quickly followed by a resurgence in his headache that made him wish for the first time ever that he'd kept his mouth shut.

Ronan left, and Tio resigned himself to just sit quietly and do absolutely nothing while the person in the green hood did what he could to heal him. A lot of waiting, bandages and foul smelling ointments later Tio was able to stand again, and although he felt sore all over there were no sharp pains to indicate serious injury. He thanked the green hood for his help, promising that he'd repay the favor one day if he ever needed a man of 'less-than-legal talents' for anything, and then hobbled inside The Four in Hand.

The crowd inside was not exactly welcoming to him. There were a few people who congratulated him on a good fight and smiled warmly at the memory of the show he'd put on for them, but mostly people either snickered as they remembered the beating that'd been handed out to him or glared at the man who'd lost the money they'd bet. Nobody bought drinks for the loser, and to be honest Tio couldn't blame them. If he was in their place he wouldn't either. He continued to look around, but strangely enough there was no sign of his ex-opponents imposing figure. Had he left already?

Eventually one of the customers was able to direct him to a back room, where they assured him they had seen the mixed-race head into a short while ago. Silently pushing the door open, Tio was met with the strange sight of Ronan apparently picking his nose with both fingers whilst a short biqaj woman rubbed some salves into his back and hummed to herself. Neither seemed to notice him entering, so Tio eased the door shut behind him, leaned up against the wall as if he'd been there for a long time and then cleared his throat loudly, causing the biqaj to jump.

"Sorry, I'm not interrupting anything am I? If you'd like I could come back later, give you two a bit of privacy?" He said suggestively, fixing them both with a knowing smirk. But before either of them could finish replying one way or the other he was already striding over to another crate of ingredients in front on Ronan, and sat down without invitation like he owned the place.

"Well Mr Wobbles, I guess congratulations are in order. You really handed my ass to me back there. Nicely done!" He began, offering the blue giant a hand to shake. "And a bet is a bet, so I owe you one magical item it is within my power to make. I'm hoping you don't have any hangups on magic, right? So tell me then, what do you wish for? What power could a fist-fighter like yourself desire?"
[/align]
word count: 556
Fast Facts

Floats

Explodeibur

Tio wears a scary looking gauntlet on his right hand that is clearly magical. It creates explosions.

Mercury

Enchanting Voice

Ronan
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Ronan was focused on making sure he didn't slowly bleed to death before Mixie's humming came to his attention. He glanced over his shoulder at her but she seemed fixated on her work, rubbing the ointment into his bruises. The focus she had was nice, even if the job wasn't anywhere near as important as she made it seem. He was just about to finish rubbing the sealing jelly in his nose when suddenly someone cleared their throat near the door. His head turned and he became aware of Mixie's hands suddenly jumping over his back as she was taken by surprise. Even in her permanently dreamy state she seemed capable of being influenced by the real world.

Ronan pulled his fingers out of his nose as his opponent stood, leaning against the wall, watching the both of them. "No, not at al-..." Due to the sealing jelly, Ronan sounded as if someone was pinching his nose closed while he spoke. He did sound a bit more breathy as well. Halfway through his words, his opponent pushed off the wall and walked over to sit on another crate next to them. Mixie's focus shifted back to his wounds as he felt her hands, cold for a trill, touch his back with more of the ointment. He seemed to stiffen up slightly at the touch, as if she'd touched a sore spot.

When the young man extended a hand, Ronan gladly grabbed it, forgetting that just a moment ago his fingers had been in a bloody nose. Sealing jelly and blood mixed in the hand grip and he let go quickly. "Oh, sorry." He smiled at the man and wiped his hand off on his pants. The problem now was that he couldn't really tell the other guy what he thought about the fight considering he would have to lie not to bruise the man's ego. So Ronan brushed over his compliments, ignoring them. "It's Ronan, by the way. I think Mr. Wobbles is off the table now." His smile turned a little cheeky. "Sorry about the beating. It brings in more money when they get all excited." His head shifted to give a nod in the general direction of the tavern behind the closed door filled with betting winners and losers. "You should definitely come back, though. You could make some good money from this as long as you're not up against me again." Ronan's smile remained, growing a little bigger as he spoke. He was doing his best to show that he was simply trying to be friendly. The ring could use more fighters.

"I wasn't really serious about the bet... But since you are offering, I recently lost my gauntlets in an attack. I could do with some new ones..." He held his fists up in front of him, inspecting their gauntlet-less forms. "As for magic... I don't know anything about that. I mean, as long as it doesn't..." Ronan opened opened his fists into flat palms upward as he made a noise somewhere in between a throaty growl and something exploding or burning. "You know?" It was quite clear from the look on his face that Ronan's knowledge of magic was limited to what people heard about it in stories. "What sort of power are we talking about?"

Mixie's hands shifted from his lower back up, between his shoulderblades, and part of Ronan's mind focused sharply on what she was doing. He hadn't received any blows there so why was she rubbing an ointment for bruises in a place where he'd taken no bruising what so ever? The soft, half whispered humming started again behind his back.
word count: 630
Tio Silver
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Tio grimaced as a mixture of blood, snot and some kind of wax washed over his hand as Ronan shook it without wiping the contents of his nose off beforehand. Charming, just charming. Fortunately they were sitting in a storage room which had a few barrels of fresh water stacked up in the corner, and once Ronan had released his hand Tio was able to soak a nearby rag and wipe the mucus off. Disturbingly enough even after use the rag seemed to be the cleanest thing in the storeroom, which was stacked to the brim with with meats, fruits and veg that all seemed on the brink of, if not already past, their expiry date. He made a mental note to himself to never eat here again.

He grinned innocently when Ronan brought up the nickname. "Off the table? Oh not at all my friend! The agreement was that it wouldn't become your official fighting stage name. I however will call you that until the ends of time. Don't worry it's a compliment, trust me. I only give nicknames to people I deem interesting." He shifted forwards to the edge of his makeshift seat, and stared directly into Ronan's eyes with a harsh intensity that seemed at odds with his relaxed smile and tone. "And believe me, I'll be back. Not so much for the pocket change though. We'll meet again Ronan; maybe not here, maybe not even on Scalvoris, but somewhere. And on that day I think I'll give you a bit more of a run for your money.

When the conversation turned towards magic, Tio's grin curled up at the edges into a sly smile. "Gauntlets eyy? I can certainly work with that. My specialty is in making things that explode, but I guess that's not exactly what you're looking for in this case. The best things I can make right now are objects bestowed with the abilities of already existing magical creatures, like the eyesight of Sohr Kahl's. You know come to think of it there was a creature I'd been meaning to experiment on, a type of turtle that's supposed to be able to absorb the properties of the materials it eats. How about I make something like that for you? Gauntlets that can steal the properties of the things you punch? Sounds pretty cool, right?"
[/align]
word count: 405
Fast Facts

Floats

Explodeibur

Mercury

Enchanting Voice

Ronan
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Dealing with people had never really been an issue for Ronan. Being a successful fighter made you learn quickly how to deal with people who, for whatever reason, decided they needed some of your time in their life. The people Ronan couldn't deal with, however, were the ones who simply said and did whatever they please. First they make a deal and then when the deal falls through they still do it. Ronan sucked in a deep breath through mouth and smiled as he sighed.

The man suddenly leaned forward, his friendly smiling and banter gone. "The ring is always open and I take as many challengers as I can get. While the money is of no interest to you, I do earn quite a nice sum every time you lose to me. You were good practice." There was no malice in him as he spoke, no taunting or anything. Ronan simply stated a fact as he saw it. He leaned back a bit and rolled his shoulders, his impressive frame responding with the necessary shifts and flexes. For a moment neither said anything and then the conversation continued on. Sometimes between fighting men, as much in as out of a ring, there was a need to boast and get angry, curse and taunt opponents and sometimes fighters were like Ronan and his opponent now. Two people who both kept their cool in public and had a friendly face when spoken to but when the fighting started were more than capable to back up anything they had said previously.

The hard face in front of him seemed to split open as the man started talking about the gauntlets he could make for Ronan. He had to admit that he knew next to nothing about magic and that some of the things he'd heard were very scary stories about men being sucked dry of their life, torn apart with a wave of a hand or the summoning of demons and undead creatures that washed over entire cities. There had been quite a few magical fighters in the arena back in Rynmere but Ronan had never actually faced one. Whether that was because they all lost before they got to him or because a 'normal' fighter like himself was never seeded with them was something he didn't know.

So when the man spoke about magic and creatures, Ronan simply nodded, not understanding what was being said. All he got from the explanation was that his gauntlets wouldn't go boom. Or at least that's what he hoped he understood from it. He nodded and hummed his approval at the end of it. "Yeah, pretty cool. How long would it take to make these gauntlets then? I feel sorta naked without mine, you know." Ronan patted the empty spot on his belt where his weapons of choice usually hung, at least before and after a fight in the ring. "But... I mean, you're the expert on magic. I'll leave it up to you to make what works as long as it's not..." Again, Ronan went with the rumbling, exploding sound in the back of his throat as he opened his fists in front of his face, trying to mimic an explosion. It would be quite obvious to more learned people that Ronan's knowledge on the domain magics was very limited. "You can always find me here or, if I'm not around, you can just leave them with Mixie here and she'll get them to me when I'm around."
word count: 596
Tio Silver
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Tio had to fight to keep himself from cackling in delight like some kind of crazy witch when Ronan replied to his challenge with a straight face and a thinly veiled taunt. He was right, this big blue guy was a riot! The fighting was fun, but if that was all he wanted he could pick one with any old punk on the streets. What this mixed-race had done was more than just fighting; it had been showing off, flexing his strength before a crowd, and Tio could tell that he'd enjoyed it. That was what made the difference! What turned something fun into something hilarious! The showmanship was the key!

Besides, as flippant as he could be sometimes Tio wasn't above holding grudges, and that beating he'd received at the end of the fight had hurt like crazy. Avenging himself this defeat would be fun in its own right.

"Ah Wobbles, you know just what to say to get a guy excited. Always leave them wanting more, eyy?" He replied teasingly, a note of laughter in his voice. "Still I think you may have misunderstood me buddy, I wasn't talking about fighting you in the ring. Well... not only in the ring, not when there's a whole world waiting outside of it. Don't worry, you'll see what I mean eventually.

"As for the gauntlets-... well to be honest I have no clue how long it's gonna take. They will be experimental after all, so it might take a few failed experiments to get it right. They'll be done some time though, and when they are I'll find you. I always pay my debts-... mostly."

And with that he stood up and brushed off his jacket, then turned and headed over to the door, giving them a wave as he left. "Well anyways I'd better be off; these bruises aren't gonna sleep themselves off you know. I'll let the two of you get back to getting cozy with each other. See you around."

And out of the door he went, blending into the crowd outside until all sight of him had vanished completely.

Off Topic
And there we have it! I think we've reached a good point to end things on. If you want to add another post to bring things to a close on your end that's cool, otherwise send me a PM with the knowledges you'd like and I'll whip up a review request.

Thank you for the awesome thread, I had a great time! If you'd ever like another I'd be happy to do a number of quick 'flash fight' threads where Tio just pops out of nowhere and attacks you in the streets, or if you have any other ideas in mind I'd love to hear them.
[/align]
word count: 482
Fast Facts

Floats

Explodeibur

Mercury

Enchanting Voice

Muse
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Templates

Contribution

Your review is ready!
As usual, it's Tio's mouth that gets him in more trouble than his hands. You two talked each other up and then Ronan really dished out some punishment to my favorite Yludih! That said, I really love that no matter what the situation, Tio is the type of guy to take it in stride and find himself something to hang onto with tenacity out of the experience. That you two spoke together on even terms afterward was maybe my favorite part.

Ronan - Please send me a PM so I can finish this review for you!
Linkia

XP:
15 | These points cannot be used for magic.

Renown:
I wasn't quite sure if this was enough of an impact thread to award Renown Even though this was a public event, fighters tend to come and go. Tio was also not the winner, whose name and face may be more recognizable in the end.

Loot

I wish I could award Sesser abilities for your fury! Remember to PSF your request for next time!

Injuries + Overstepping

Bruises, mostly all over Tio's upper body and face. These will take 10-20 trials to completely fade. Tio will be sore for several trials as well.

Knowledge

Skill Knowledge:
Endurance: Taking a harsh beating
Endurance: The pain of a broken face
Strength: Punching a strong person
Strength: Getting in an underground fight match
Unarmed Combat (Brawling): Using anger in a fight
Unarmed Combat (Brawling): Beginning a fight by circling your opponent
Unarmed Combat (Brawling): Slapping yourself to psych yourself up
Unarmed Combat (Brawling): Charging forwards
Unarmed Combat (Brawling): Dodging a attempted grab
Unarmed Combat (Brawling): Headbutting someone in the nose
Unarmed Combat (Brawling): Minimising damage from a shoulder barge
Unarmed Combat (Brawling): Kneeing someone in the stomach
Unarmed Combat (Brawling): Attacking the head with a hammer blow
Unarmed Combat (Brawling): Don't get cocky near the end of a fight

Other Knowledge:
N/A
Ronan

XP:
15 | These points cannot be used for magic.

Renown:
N/A

Loot

N/A

Injuries + Overstepping

N/A

Knowledge

Skill Knowledge:
N/A

Other Knowledge:
N/A
If you've got a question or concern or if I've missed anything, don't hesitate to PM me!

Now that your review is complete,
don’t forget go back to your review post here and drop this image in!
Reviewed ByImage
Muse
[/center]

Code: Select all

[center][style3=max-width:200px; margin:0px auto; padding:3px 5px; text-weight:bold; font-size:1em; line-height:1em; color:#EFEFEF;][googlefont=Almendra SC][align=left]Reviewed By[img]/gallery/image.php?album_id=500&image_id=13200[/img][/align][align=right]Muse[/align][/googlefont][/style3][/center]
word count: 451
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Scalvoris Town”