• Closed • The Beginning of the End (Adam, Rey'na)

45th of Ymiden 718

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Sephira
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Element
Renown: 415
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

The Beginning of the End (Adam, Rey'na)

45th of Ymiden, Arc 718 - After Dusk
Footsteps clicked with muted thumps against the wooden floors of Redwood Redoubt. It was late at night, and the building was almost vacant save for three individuals. Special Assistant Blackwood was setting up a briefing within one of the private conference rooms of the Flame Troops command post. Two others would be in attendance, they were rather new recruits but they had both proven their usefulness in the past. Adam was an Empath, and could be the key to breaking the cult case wide open. Learning Orrick's and Earth Mask’s true identity could hinge on his abilities. Rey’na had shown Sephira that she possessed a strength and resilience that was undaunted by fear or violence.

They would need that strength to take on what awaited them.

The Special Assistant set out a thin stack of papers where Adam and Rey would be seated. The case files contained information about the cult attack itself in Cylus where four hundred and eleven people had died , along with Sephira’s eyewitness accounts of Orrick being present. There were further reports of the attack on Element’s Hall roughly ten trials after the Cylus collapse of the docks and how three masked individuals had appeared. Two of which were slain but there was one in custody. Then finally was the testimony of Leshli, the clerk of the Scalvoris Town council hall. She evidently had been married to Orrick, even having a child with him before he vanished on the night of the docks collapse.

It was a convoluted and slow moving case. There were leads which had yet to be investigated, two of which Faith had discovered. The first was that evidently Earth Mask rather enjoyed candied pecans and that the ship, the Mauve Maiden had been selling slaves to the cultists that night before retreating to a place somewhere to the north, on an island.

Sephira’s memories of the past season were still fuzzy, after her trip into the Scalvoris Mountains but thankfully most of her work on the case had been written down and logged in these files.

A woman with bright red hair pulled back into a neat bun swept into the room carrying a tray of coffee, along with a pot of black tea. There was a bit of bread, cheese and some hastily put together dried rations on the tray as well to give the three a something of a belated dinner.

The woman gave Sephira a curt not that the mage returned in kind. “Thank you Samantha.” She muttered before pouring herself a cup of tea and preparing to go over the details of the case once Adam and Rey’na arrived. Samantha Reid quickly left the room and headed out of the command post once she had gathered her things. The woman worked as the receptionist and had volunteered to prepare them some food and drink before leaving for the night.

And so Sephira waited for her team to arrive.

This was where Orrick's and the Earth Mask’s demise would begin.
Dialogue|Thoughts
word count: 519
Adam Michaels
Approved Character
Race: Human
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Michaels

Adam had found himself at redwood redoubt and it was going to be a late evening for the seducer that was wearing element colors. He might have been a soldier but he was still a lover at heart, couldnt change a leaopords spots afterall.

He was rather delighted to see there was a small buffet laid out before him, it was exquisite; it was the little things he picked up on. It wasn't that the room service was lacking it was the thought that counts and it did put a grin on the man's face.

"It's a pleasure to see you again Madam Blackwood, it's been far to long since I've been in the presence of that lovely smile of yours". As Adam made an attempt to practice ettiquet? Discipline and Manners ?

As he found himself at home with a cup of black coffee that he poured himself from the tray that was sipped on enthusiastically, he was ready to start going over the files and reports as arming himself with information which in its own way was more formidable then a sword in his less then humble opinion of course.

He took his seat and drank his black coffee as he picked up some parchments and began mulling over the information, so that hed be prepared.

"I hope you don't mind if I do some light reading before you begin. He just wanted her to acknowledge he was studious and hard working.

Adam knew that there was going to be an official briefing with Blackwoods first hand accounts, but he was putting a good foot forward. He wanted to display the right attitude to impress his boss.

When he worked with Vuda as a spy, hed learned the value of proper intelligence. While he wasn't capable of spotting critical information through inconsistency in the narrative of written documentation. What the papers did do for Adam however was give him insight, it put him on track and up to speed with current events and for what it was worth that was very important if he was going to do his job.

He felt pressure on this case, people wanted answers and he did not want to give show up a day late and a copper short. Sephira wanted answers and as much as Adam wanted to give it to sorceress that kicked him off his chair, he also wanted to show he was on her level a peer and colleague to be respected; As his ego wanted to bask in Adoration.

Where did the slaves come from?
What island in the north did they retreat?

Adam Michaels was a deliberate man with a deliberate personality. He thought that hed get his answers through conversation, with the right questions.

"With all these books and papers, I feel like im at the university. I know i dont have my library card but giiiiirl id love to check you out mmmmhmmmn." Adam said to himself as he was eyeing the next page in the report as he got comfortable with a snarky grin on his face.

Adam was rehearsing in his mind the narrative of his questions in hopes they'd come smoothly as he was not trained in interrogation outside of the typical your clean? right? That little jingle saved Adam a lot of trouble over the years.

"There are more people coming right?
word count: 570
Rey'na
Approved Character
Profession: Mistwalker
Renown: 173
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Rey let out a small sigh as she looked in the mirror of George's house, who she had been visiting to calm her nerves. Missions were often stressful, but from what she knew this one was going to above the town patrols and occasional bar fight she was used to. Was she ready for it? Only the Immortals would know. But ready or not, fear ran through every inch of her veins, blood pumping fast as her heart beat through her chest.
"If they didn't think you could do it, Rey'na, they wouldn't send you" George muttered, trying to encourage the girl while hiding his own fear. Of course he was impressed she had been requested for this mission, but as the man that trained Rey'na he knew that she still had a lot to learn. While she could use the spear well enough, George worried about who she might end up against. Her shield was another issue, as she struggled to use it. "Promise me you'll be safe, Rey'na. Please."

Sliding her shield on to her arm and her spear to her back, the woman stood by the door to leave, looking in to the outdoors. "I promise to try my best" she said, glancing behind her to look at him with a small smile, before walking out the door. With the weapons equipped, the girl made her way towards the meeting spot, where Sephira and potential others would be waiting. As she did, her eyes glanced in to the sky and she took in a deep breath, suppressing the fear inside of her.
"You'll bring them ruin." There it was again, the memories. It was as if her life was constantly making her relive what she had done, as if something inside of her was broken and hurt. But it would never deter her. Never. She had to make a difference. The only way Rey could overcome her past would be to change it, to make herself a new person. Once she'd done that only one thing would be left - Lisirra. Whatever it cost, Rey would save her 'mother' from her own insanity. Dead or alive.

When Rey arrived in the room, she gave a small nod to the receptionist before heading in as told, just in time to hear Adam's question. "Yes. There are" she spoke to the man she had never seen before. While Adam had no idea, Sephira would potentially recognize the look in her eyes. The same one she gave when she had attacked those men for assault. It was cold, yet kind at the same time. Someone that wanted nothing more than to protect people, but would kill to do so.

"Sorry I'm late."
word count: 462
Sephira
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

“Yes there are others.” Sephira said with a soft smile in response to Adam. Rey’na had something special, a fire within her that had been somehow stoked by events in her past. The Rupturer knew that look in the other woman’s eyes, she herself possessed it. Only those who had taken many lives held that glint of...emptiness and self doubt. It was a blessing and a curse, but it did make one into an excellent Element. Rey’na would understand how dire their situation really was.

Sephira focused on her and allowed Adam to simply absorb the information she relayed. Sephira silently generated Static from her Attunement spark to ensure that the nearby Empath didn’t try to fiddle with her mind again.

“Thank you both for coming.” Sephira stated resolutely while shuffling the papers in front of her.

“The cult attacked Scalvoris Town on the twenty ninth of Cylus this Arc. I was there during the attack.”
These were painful memories but Sephira continued slogging through them all the same.

"A craft known as the Mauve Maiden docked in town that evening and threw a small party to pay for tariffs. This was a deal worked out with the Council. During that party, in the nearby warehouse district myself and others heard the scream of a woman. I went to investigate and used Rupturing to see through the door and into one of the warehouses.” The Element fell silent, her features tensing faintly as she bit her bottom lip.

“There were many men inside, carrying crates and bags. And there was more specifically a Flame Element directing their activities. His name is Orrick, and he was perhaps the most forgettable solder you would have ever met. Granted, I’m beginning to suspect that his unremarkable personality and appearance were quite intentional.” She paused for a couple trills, recounting the moment that she sighted women being carried down underground.

“He was overseeing the men as they moved unconscious women underground. So I proceeded to investigate.” Her next actions were perfectly clear in her mind. Sephira remembered the feel of ether as it swam around her and she tore open the portal that led her crashing through the second story window and into the warehouse. She communicated this much to her team as well.

“Once I was in the building, things happened very quickly. There was a gas attack, of suspected alchemical means that knocked everyone out cold within the warehouse and the docks below. I eventually succumbed to the effects and was moved into the underground chamber where myself Councilwoman Kura, and a woman by the name of Vega were also chained.”

Sephira chuckled rather sardonically to herself as she continued with the story, taking a swig of tea before she proceeded to speak.

“The fools left us armed, once Vega cut our restraints then the real fight began.”

The mage explained that the chamber had been filled with four separate groups of cultists, Earth, Air, Flame, and Water and each member wore a corresponding Element’s Pin. She also waxed on for a moment about the basic nature of Attunement and its ability to acquire information. The mage then recounted her use of Attunement to detect that some of the Earth Cultists resisted the idea of kidnapping the women and using them in their foul ceremony.

“The six cultists that rebelled to help us were soon killed by one of the cult’s Masters. Air Mask. He was a defiance mage of some power.” Her voice went dark. “I killed him, and his apprentice.”

Sephira then took a long while explaining the events that followed, when she had overstepped with her magic and her Rupturing Spark had awakened, creating the portal that destabilized the underground chamber. Once the other cult masters were slain, and a great number of their forces decimated by Kura the group had been forced to evacuate the collapsing chamber.

The woman’s expression was grim and her eyes clung to a hatred for herself that was all too plain to see. Regardless of the partially exploded bomb found at the mouth of the chamber, her act of overstepping had doomed the docks and the warehouse district to collapse.

"Orrick disappeared the night of the Collapse, as did the leader of the earth cultists.” Earth Mask had been the only survivor of the cult leaders, and Sephira had made a promise to kill him in Maxine’s stead.

“Those are the details concerning the event itself, if you have any questions I can attempt to answer them. Then I continued with more recent developments in the case.

Dialogue|Thoughts
word count: 776
Rey'na
Approved Character
Profession: Mistwalker
Renown: 173
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

As she walked in, the girl knew this would be serious. Both Sephira and Rey shared a look in their eyes, one that they made no effort to hide. It was one of many similarities the two had and yet it was, by far, the most distinct of them. Regret, pain and darkness. Yet underlying it was a light glimmer, a small glint of hope. Because both had hope in the future, in their redemption. What they did, whatever that may be, could never be undone. But they would do their best to make up for it, somehow.
As Sephira kept her focus on Rey, she sat back and listened intently, her gear at the side of her chair. Throughout the tale Sephira told, Rey'na's eyes would be kept on hers in a comforting way. She was here, she was on her side - and she understood. Understood what she was feeling, to some degree. Understood what the girl had been through and the internal battle that came with it. If anything had helped Rey'na it had been the people that had been there for her and believed in her, even when she hadn't believed in herself. If anyone would believe in Sephira right now, Rey'na could. Because she had seen the girl in a fight, and had seen the look in the girls eyes.

Then she listened, and had no intention of opening her mouth until the story was clearly done. She had dealt with many threats in her time in both Scalvoris and Rynmere, fought many people. But these cultists were another level of danger, from how it sounded. Yet the girl felt no fear about it, nor did she hesitate at the idea of moving out and fighting them. They were a thread to Scalvoris, and that meant it was her job to deal with them as best she could. Who better to do it than her and Sephira, and this man Adam? While she knew nothing of the man, her and Sephira were as willing as any, if not more so. In willpower alone they were unbeatable.
When Sephira finished her story, Rey stayed silent for a few trills. She wondered about the upcoming investigation, and what might happen during it. During this battle would men and women die? Civilians that signed up for nothing but a life in Scalvoris finding themselves buried under rubble. It had happened before, which meant it could happen again, and innocent men and women would find themselves dead. Rey couldn't let that happen. Not if she could help it.

"So our job is to kill him, to bring him down?" she asked, looking up to Sephira as she thought of Pier and Pre, telling her to judge each opponent carefully before taking a life. "Sounds fine by me."
word count: 473
Sephira
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

“Yes.” Sephira replied solemly. “We need to know what Orrick knows, to better understand his role in the Element’s Cult and whatever else he might have planned. “

The woman took a long sip of her drink and allowed silence to settle in over them as they continued to peruse the notes of the case. There was a record of an interrogation that Sephira and Faith had performed early in Ashan, of an individual tied to Orrick and the cult plot. The prisoner had been one of several men that had attacked Element’s Hall.

“This,” The Element said crisply. “Is a record of a conversation I had was a gentleman we apprehended in Ashan. I suspect that he is connected to another person of interest that took part in the events of Cylus 29th.” The mage’s face tensed faintly at the memory of the promise that she had made to Maxine to kill Earth Mask. She had failed in that endeavor thus far, but now she had information that linked her to his whereabouts.

“We call him Earth Mask, simply because we are not yet sure about his name. But we know that he participated in the cult kidnappings because I was there to witness them and we also know that he is tied to the Harvardr family in some way. ” The woman then stood and went to a nearby table were several maps were splayed out and she pulled one out that showed the entire island of Scalvoris.

“So we find the Harvardr family and we track down Earth Mask first. He is connected to Orrick. And I have it on good authority that Orrick isn’t pleased with him right now. According to what we were told in the interrogation, Orrick is now hunting Earth Mask for some unknown reason. We need to get to Earth Mask before Orrick does and get whatever information we can out of him.”

Sephira’s gaze hardened and she rolled up the map and slid it away from her.

“Bottom line, we need to understand how our ranks were infiltrated by the cult, and we need to find out if Scalvoris or the Elements are going to be attacked again” This was a race against time but at least now Sephira was not doing it alone. Having another sharp and capable soldier at her side could mean all the difference here. They had to be prepared before history repeated itself. Four hundred and eleven people had died in Cylus because of the cult’s actions, Sephira was not without guilt in this but without the cult, those people would have never been placed in harm’s way. The Elements could not allow this to happen again.
Off Topic
Are you alright with doing a wrap up post and sending me your knowledges? Let me know if you want to keep going. But I think that is most of the info Rey needs to know.
Dialogue|Thoughts
word count: 495
Rynata
Approved Character
Race: Biqaj
Profession: Merchant
Renown: 210
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: The Beginning of the End (Adam, Rey'na)

Reverse Pirate Rynata,
here to reverse pirate your rewards!
Name: Sephira

Knowledge:
Discipline:Going over the details even if they are painful
Leadership: Knowing when to ask your team members for help.
Leadership: Setting specific goals for your team
Leadership: Summarizing a case for your team
Leadership: Keeping your team members focused on the task at hand.
Socalization: Focusing on the facts in a case briefing
Tactics: Never underestimate your opponent
Tactics: Deciding how to deal with a crafty opponent

Loot: N/A
Injuries: N/A
Expenses: N/A
Renown: N/A
Magic XP: N/A

Name: Rey'na

Knowledge:
N/A

Loot: N/A
Injuries: N/A
Expenses: N/A
Renown: N/A
Magic XP: N/A

Comments: Here are your points! I hope you use the intel well!

If you feel I've missed anything or if you have questions about your review, please don't hesitate to send me a quick PM. Also, please indicate on your request thread that this has been reviewed. Thanks!

Code: Select all

[align=center][img]/gallery/image.php?album_id=500&image_id=13942[/img][/align]
word count: 189
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Scalvoris Town”