Well This is a Treat(ment)!

Faith Please

20th of Ashan 718

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Nalin Marit
Race: Human
Renown: 50
Character Sheet
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Nalin Marit
20th of Ashan, 718
[/b][/googlefont]
"Common" "Common Sign" "Scalveen"
It had been a few trials, Lavender and Nalin seemed to be getting used to life at the medical hub. They had a room together and were eating probably a lot better than they had been in a long time. Lavender hated it, the trapped feeling, as neither of them weren't really allowed to go out much. As Faith had explained it, light exercise would be okay, but Nalin needed the rest. They both understood that, and Lavender actually agreed on that note it seemed, but Nalin could see that even she was getting antsy. She wanted to go home, not that that place was much different. She had to stay indoors there for the most part as well.

Volker had been visiting them almost daily, though Nalin hadn't told him that his body had rejected the soup after he left. He didn't have the heart to tell him. He wasn't sure why he hadn't been able to keep it down either. He just knew that it hadn't been pleasant. He sighed at the thought, kind of hoping that he wouldn't come in today. Or at least not be around when Faith came in. Knowing that the two seemed to dislike each other a lot. He kind of understood it but at the same time, he hated seeing it. Volker was a human too, he just was a bit prickly on the outside, probably because of things that happened to him in the past. That was okay, not everyone was good at keeping a good handle on things.

He looked out the window and sighed, the nurses had come in this morning to do some basic checks, but Faith was due in any trill. She had been coming in to see the both regularly. It was good that she was so willing to try and help them, and in fact he could already tell that even just the things she was prescribing for his symptoms were helping. Some sort of cream was being used on his Bloom twice a trial, once when he woke up, and once after he washed himself off. It kept the aching, burning sensation from bothering him too terribly much. There were times where he kind of felt it, but he wasn't in so much pain that he couldn't move his shoulder without wanting to yell.

She was also doing things to help with his sleep and other needs, still though, he couldn't really get more than 2 or 3 breaks of sleep at a time before he woke up and couldn't get back to sleep for at least a break. Though it did mean that he could at least manage 4-6 breaks of sleep a night if he was lucky. He'd just have to be able to move that to mornings when he went back to Almund. It would be great if he could keep things that way.

Lavender was curled up next to him right now, making hands symbols on his chest. He smiled a bit. She was signing to him, telling him that things were finally looking up for them. She didn't know the danger that loomed over them even after all of this was said and done. He had yet to tell her about their father, who was still alive and apparently after her. The thought made him shake his head and clear his throat. Lavender questioned if he was okay against his chest and he nodded.

"Soon, everything be right Lavender. Hopefully sooner be able to hear angels voice. Your voice."

Lavender smiled and nuzzled against Nalin's shoulder. They barely fit on the bed together, but Lavender didn't care, and it was obvious she didn't. She wanted to be close to him. He was the only familiar thing here, that, and to any other, it was obvious they were close and cared about each other. Nalin turned his head as he heard the door to their room open, he smirked at the woman who came through the door.

"Bout time miss. Anything new?"
Last edited by Nalin Marit on Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 701
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Profession: Fanatical Philanthropist
Renown: 2250
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Some trials, this one more than most, Faith was so sorely tempted to give in and stop all this. The charity and the jobs and the helping people. It wasn't something that she would ever do, of course, but sometimes she wondered when people had stopped asking her how she was, stopped greeting her as though she was a human being who was tired and overwhelmed and overworked and doing her best on an entirely voluntary basis. Walking down the corridor towards the room where Nalin and Lavender were, Faith had just had to deal with a particularly difficult and demanding patient. She had saved his leg, after the collapse at the docks, and it had been bloody hard to do so, but he was still in a lot of pain and he was angry at the scar he had. Faith had explained to him, and explained again, but he was in pain.

Usually, she didn't mind that, and she could deal with it but at this point Faith's twin babies were just coming up to sixty trials old and sleep was something which both she and Padraig were going without. She'd spent five full trials with no sleep, digging people out of the rubble and co ordinating the relief effort and her body was not yet fully recovered from the trauma of the birth she'd undergone. Much less the subsequent kidnapping in her nightclothes to the top of a freezing mountain where she and Padraig fought a master Necromancer hells bent on killing them.

She was tired and sore and she ached and really, she was getting a little bored of people with no manners.

So, she had to be honest and say that she rather hoped that Volker wasn't visiting Nalin at this precise moment. He'd been rude and aggressive when she was asked for help, and offered it freely. Faith didn't like that, not one bit and his snarling and growling unnerved her.

Padraig was of the opinion that Faith was doing too much and too many people were taking her for granted. She did not believe that but the faction work she did, the council work and this work at the Order of the Adunih were all voluntary. That, a professor at the university and Cally's made her busy and he was worried that she was doing too much. She knew that. But still, there was no point worrying about it and so she smiled and tapped the door to Nalin and Lavender's room and then made her way in.

"Only me," she called and Nalin greeted her with a very strange turn of phrase, from him. He'd been polite and seemed like a gentle, quiet soul when they met, but the words which came out of his mouth now seemed to almost be from a different person and certainly lacked any semblance of the manners or nature he'd had. Faith looked at him and replied, "Missus, actually," she said, raising her hand to show the wedding band on it. She made her way in and sat down, nodding a greeting to them both. "You both look much better. That's new and very good. How are you feeling?" She asked them both the same series of questions she asked them every trial and, as always, she sat and listened but never wrote anything down.

"I'm starting to come to some understanding, I think, of what is happening. Your condition is definitely in your blood, and you are both affected by the same thing. It is just affecting you entirely differently," That was the first thing. Then, there was the treatment. "I have a number of possible treatments, which I've tested as far as I can without testing them on people with the illness. Which means you, Nalin. Not you initially, Lavender, because yours is a .. we call them a mutation of a disease. I have a base treatment for you both." she said, with a smile. "But then, the specific treatments will be Nalin's. There are two which are the most promising and I want to try one, then if it does not show immediate effect, then then other. We could try both at once but I believe that they will be individually... uncomfortable." Both of them together would be very painful, she said.

"As far as I can tell, this disease is a very small creature in your blood. A parasite. It's feeding, and we need your body to fight it." News like this, information like this was best given in small doses, she knew, so Faith sat and smiled at them both. "Do you have any questions?" She would give them specifics of the treatments if not, but until they had the basic idea down pat, it was best that they asked anything general first.
word count: 818
This PC is dead. See this thread for details.
Nalin Marit
Character Sheet

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Nalin Marit
20th of Ashan, 718
[/b][/googlefont]
"Common" "Common Sign" "Scalveen""NPC"
Nalin paused and then cracked into laughter when Faith corrected him on his pronoun usage. He shook his head and smiled at her.

"My apologies Faith. Joke. Was making joke, though wasn't received. Is okay. Hope you understand? You... doing okay? Look... stressed. Never mind... if not comfortable is okay. I'm better, well, feeling healthy sure but, not sure when disease may spike. Still get pain. Not bad as before. No change in mark still. Don't care if it goes.. just... want to stop... dying."

He was always honest with her about how he was feeling. Very blunt too, which made Lavender nervous and squirm a bit next to him. He would just pat Lavender's head and make a sign that Faith could probably conclude meant 'Not Now'. When Faith continued on Nalin's eye's narrowed with attention. Watching as she spoke, as she told him both good and bad news. Whatever they did, it sounded like pain was not going to go away fro a while. He was going to continue to be in pain while they got... wait.. did she said a parasite?

He blinked for a moment trying to remember what that meant. Lavender was flailing her hands in sign very fast. She looked upset. Pointing at Faith a few times then herself and Nalin. So it was evident that she was talking about what Faith was planning. Nalin, very slowly put his hands over hers.

"My.. apologies Faith. What my sister.. tries to say. She doesn't want me.. going through alone. She wanted to do together. But.. if, you need uhm.. what word? Results? Conclu..sion? Conclusive? Yeah.. Conclusive evidence from ... trials? With me? To help sister.. I will do anything. Anything for her."

Lavender seemed to kind of be in a space where she half approved and half didn't approve of what was being said. She looked like she was going to cry, and Nalin didn't seem to be doing anything to stop it. He looked at her once and sighed. He sat there and looked at Faith as he slowly let go of his sister's hands.

"Excuse us... just... one moment. What Lavender?"

He looked back over to her, letting her move her hands so that she could speak her mind to him.

"Experimental?! Nalin, you could die just from one misstep from her and you want to just go ahead without at least hearing what on Idalos she plans to do? Are you insane?!"

"No! That's not my aim here Lavender, but if I don't appear willing, what makes you think that she's even going to tell us what she's planning on doing? She doesn't have to explain any of this to us, but she's always been kind and patient with us."

"We don't even know what this .... Mutation? Or this Parasite? Is. She could just be making it all up!"

"And why would she do that Lavender? Haven't you been feeling better? Have either of us gotten sick since our time here in the Order? I don't think so. I don't get what you're so scared about!"

"She can't possibly understand how hard this is for us! You know I don't trust easily either! I don't care how nice she's been to us. IN fact, I feel like she's been too nice to us! You know that this is all really fishy! How in the world could someone younger than both of us have found an answer in only ten trial!?"

Nalin froze, a look of disbelief in his eyes. He blinked at his sister, his hands falling to his lap. He looked at her like she was some sort of alien. Like he didn't understand why she'd just said what she said.

"That.. was your problem? Lavender... that was incredibly rude and you didn't mean it! Apologize right now."

Lavender's face twisted, and more tears threatened to fall. Nalin didn't move to try to wipe them away and her hands shakily started to move. She clearly was upset.

"Why? It's not like she can understand what I'm saying! And yes, I do mean it! There's no NATURAL way for her to have figured out our .. whatever we have!"

Nalin clenched his fist and punched the bed. The glare he gave his sister was one Faith would never have seen of him before. Lavender flinched and looked down at their legs.

"That is no excuse! You not say that sort thing whether someone else understand it or not! Now, you say sorry. Faith deserves that much. She help us out of good heart. You criticize her based off impressions. That NOT who we are Lav. YOU of all should know that!"

Nalin looked outraged, surprised, and to be honest, any person good at reading a face, he was just kind of floundering. He had never had to do this to Lavender before. Not like this. She was crying so hard now. She curled into him, trying to hide from Faith, but he just shook his head no. Pointing to Faith and making a sign, that not too soon after, Lavender mimics.

He looks to Faith with an apologetic look on his features.

"Sorry.. She's... anxious.. I know you no understand.. She's skeptical of... you being able to find.. cure so fast. Even if experimental. Think that's the right word.. Please.. Explain.. a few things? Mutation... and... Parasite? We aren't.. we didn't.. have an education... so.. hard to wrap heads around. Need more details... On... well... everything.. What.. treatment. Long term? Short term? Likelyhood of ... success? Only.. ideas for me? Or could help her? Just... more explanation? Please.. would... ease both of us. Know it's.. lot to ask.. you might not know all either.. but.. please?"
word count: 1005
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Faith looked at him with one raised eyebrow and a slight smile on her face as Nalin burst into laughter and then said that he was making a joke. There was no doubting that humour was a unique and individual thing and so she smiled and nodded. "I'm sorry I didn't understand your joke," she said, seriously. He asked if she was alright and said that she looked stressed, but he carried on talking, so she just let that go. They weren't here to talk about her, so she focused on what he was saying. Nalin always told her how he was feeling. There were a number of different ways which patients tended to respond to the question 'how are you to-trial?' and Nalin was very firmly in the 'tell all' type. That was better, in many ways, than almost any other. It meant that she had information and that was what she needed.

Lavender wanted to undergo the same treatment as Nalin? Faith shook her head. "I can't do that, Lavender. It's like... iit's the same basic disease, but yours seems to have changed somehow. I need to understand Nalin's first." But then Nalin and Lavender had a conversation, where Nalin obviously got very angry, very upset. He punched the bed and then, he spoke back. He stopped signing and told Lavender that she was being rude, that she should apologise. Faith's heart went out to the young woman, who was so obviously agitated.

When Nalin spoke, Faith nodded her head and spoke to them both. "I understand how scared you must both be. Lavender, you're concerned about my ability to do this? Me too." It was honest when she spoke. "I'm doing my best and I promise you that I will always do that, but I can't promise you more than that." She put her hand out, over Lavender's when she made the sign for what Faith assumed was sorry. "You don't have to apologise, Lavender. It's right to ask questions. Always."

Looking to the siblings she listened to Nalin's question. "Yes. Always. There is a lot I need to explain to you. I won't ever ask you to do something without explaining it fully. I just need to explain in stages." She tried to make it make sense, but it was hard for them both and so she went back a step. "You have the same disease, it is in your blood. Nalin, yours is attacking all of you. Lavender, yours is attacking just your voice." It was nowhere near that simple, of course, but it worked as an analogy. "One of the things that this disease does is it.. your body is so busy trying to fight it, especially yours Nalin, that it can't fight anything else. So, you get more ill from more things and it gets stronger as you get weaker."

Gesturing to them both, she explained. "I would like to give you both more of the medicine you are taking each morning. It helps your body fight illness. Boosts your immune system." That should have a good impact on them both, she said. "But Nalin, I need to see what the treatments do to you, because it is attacking everywhere. What if it makes a difference in one place, maybe taking away the pain? If I try with Lavender, we wouldn't know. Do you see?"

As for what the treatments were, Faith nodded. "I take some blood every trial. The disease is in your blood and I look at it. Test it with different medicines. It has responded to some, but that is blood outside of your body. I don't know what it will do inside. It is not a cure, yet. It is .. my best guess. I can not promise anything." She had been clear about that. Parasite? "A mutation is a change. Your disease has changed inside Lavender, but is the same basic disease. A parasite is a very small creature, it is feeding on your blood. It gets stronger, you get weaker." Sitting back she looked at them and spoke then to Lavender. "You are worried that I am not able to do this? You might be right. But I will try, if you want me to. Only if you want me to." She had no intention of forcing treatment on anyone, she was not going to be that person, not ever. So, she sat and waited for more questions. "I will keep telling you details, but one step at a time, lets be sure we're all happy here, then next bit, yes?"
word count: 784
Nalin Marit
Character Sheet

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Nalin Marit
20th of Ashan, 718
[/b][/googlefont]
Nalin didn't say anything when Faith tried to calm his sister, even though he wanted to tell her exactly what had just happened, he figured he'd let the doctor try to keep Lavender calm. But when Faith said it was okay to ask questions, Nalin shook his head no.

"It not okay however, to question skill base on age. Discrimination not something Marit's do lightly. Lavender know better. Know's receiving end. Shouldn't have said what did."

Lavender pulled her hand away from Faith's, going back to clinging to Nalin. She looked sorry, and that was enough for Nalin. She knew that this wasn't going to be easy, and so did he, but they didn't really have any other options unless they just wanted to let him die. He also knew that Lavender didn't really care about her voice, she cared more about his health and well being.

They both listened intently to Faith from there. They had to understand what was going on to their bodies. So, they had the same disease, it was just effecting them differently, that made sense.Same blood, just different people. Which also made sense as to why they got sick a lot. Mostly Nalin with how far his had progressed. She was suggesting they take more of the medicine that they'd been taking, and that was good.

This was where Faith got into the facts about the treatments. At least, a little bit into them. She didn't know if what she had planned would work, but they had to try things or else things wouldn't actually change for them. They seemed to understand with her new explanations on what was going on in their bodies. Lavender slowly nodded when addressed directly. Nalin smiled and ran a hand through her hair once more.

"We get it. Lavender just scared. Both scared. But... nothing can be done with no change. Must change get better. Must try. What first treatment suggestion?"
word count: 349
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Judging her based on her age? Faith glanced at Nalin in some surprise when he said that and she had to admit to being rather disappointed. She was used to small minded bigotry, but it never failed to get to her a little. Still, Lavender was afraid and uncertain, so Faith did what she would always do and she let it go. There was no point to doing anything else.

They listened to her as she spoke and they seemed to both understand, which was good. Faith looked at Nalin and smiled slightly when he asked what the first treatment was. "I'm going to make you very cold," she said, looking at him with a very calm expression. "I can't target it, so I need to make all of you cold, because the disease is in all of you." She looked at him and spoke as clearly as she could, because it was important that he understood. "I need to make you so cold that you will be unconscious. It will be uncomfortable. But the parasite, the creature in your blood, it does not like the cold." Or such was the case when she had tested his blood outside his body. Inside? Who knew.

"What I'd like to do is spend two, maybe three trials, giving you a lot of medicine in order to boost your immune system. I'll keep doing that for Lavender." Faith smiled slightly at the young woman and then continued. "I will want to put you in special blankets, which will keep you cold, in a sort of... well, there is green sand that keeps cold and ice. I need to get your body temperature right down. But I need to do so slowly." If she did it too fast, she could damage him, she knew. So, it would be a very careful juggling act.

"That is the first treatment I would like to try. It will take, I think three trials in total to get you down to the temperature I need and then bring you back to the temperature you should be and your body wants to be. In order to make sure that you do not get damaged, inside, in your organs, I will keep you awake as long as I possibly can." So he was going to be, she said, cold and immobile and very, very uncomfortable.

She looked then at the two of them and she held her hands out, palms upwards, almost as though she was surrendering to something. "I am young, you're right, Lavender. There are no guarantees and it might not work. It might do more harm." She looked at the siblings and she seemed entirely serious. "But it is not the first thing with no known cure I have tackled, and so far, I've beaten the other two. One of which was very, very fatal if not cured."

Quite genuinely, she said it how it was for her. "It's up to you. We can try and just do the immune boost. That might work alone, but I do not think it for a moment." It was Nalin's choice, always would be.
word count: 532
Nalin Marit
Character Sheet

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Nalin Marit
20th of Ashan, 718
[/b][/googlefont]
As Nalin listened to Faith, the more and more uncomfortable with the idea he looked. This will knock him out? Wait, was he going to die in this process? He gulped and just kind of listened, as he was at a loss for words. He had no idea what to say to her. Lavender looked furious, and her hands were moving at lightening speed when Faith is done talking. She's she seems frustrated more and more as Nalin doesn't seem to pay attention to her. But then concern starts to show on Lavender's face.

Slowly Lavender let her hands drop and she just pulled Nalin into a hug. He barely reacted even as she started running a hand through his hair slowly. His eyes were open wide, darting back and forth as if he was trying to search for the answer that made the most sense. But what he was really doing was going over the information in his head again. She was going to basically slowly kill him.... in the hopes that it would kill these... parasites that are inside, but there's a good chance that it might not work either? So.... she was risking his life for a hope? He frowned at this, but then something about what she said also reassured him.

She's already cured two diseases that were rare like his.. and one of them was fatal like his.... he took a moment to think about that. Taking a deep breath he looked up at her, what he said next was totally serious, and so he wanted to make sure that he watching her as she spoke.

"Before I can make decision. I must hear about other treatment. Because knowing what said earlier.. Immune boost only is not the other option."

Lavender's jaw just dropped, and she tapped his shoulder pretty hard to make sure she had his attention this time. She pulled back from the hug so that she could sign once more.

"You're actually thinking of this as a possible course of action?! She just said that she can't guarantee that this will actually help you. That it could actually do you more harm than good! What if you die!?"

Nalin just gave her a slow and soft smile for a moment as his hands caught her so she didn't keep going and so she would look at him and listen to his words carefully.

"If do nothing, will die Lavender.. If do something 50% chance could die. 100% or 50% what odds better?"

Tears started streaming down Lavender's face and she just shook her head, she didn't want to answer that, and her eyes closed as she put her head on his shoulder. Nalin held her close and proceeded to whisper into her ear.

"I want to be there. For you Lavender. Want to grow old, watch you bloom further. You are my beautiful flower. My light. Never forget, everything done thus far... is for you."

Nalin actually looked like he also was almost in tears, but Lavender just kept shaking her head no and gripped at him. Her silent sobs and gasps for breath the only thing filling the room in that moment. He just slowly started to run his fingers through her hair this time. He looked to Faith with a small smile on his face, telling her that it was okay to answer now.
Last edited by Nalin Marit on Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 588
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

It was a lot to take in, Faith understood that and so she let the two of them have the time they needed. She was used to people refusing to believe that they had to try something or they would die - it unfortunately happened more than she would like. Understanding that this disease would kill him gave Nalin an advantage over his sister, Faith thought, because it seemed that Lavender really hadn't fully comprehended the nature of Ink Bloom. Hope was good to hold on to, it was a vital thing - so this meant that this was a delicate conversation to have.

So, she waited and the siblings spoke and then, Nalin motioned for her to continue. "The second treatment is the exact opposite," Faith said, with a slight smile. "In that it is heating you, using heat on your blood. Outside of your body, the parasite has responded to extremes of temperature." Faith explained, then considered that it might be as well to go further with that. "And by responded to, I mean been hurt by." That was simply put and Faith hope that explained it. "It might be that we need to do both - first the cold to make it dormant. Like some animals do, cold seems to make it sleep." There was a lot they didn't know, Faith explained.

"That is because you are the first person to try this," She wanted to make sure that they both understood that. "I will be here the whole time, watching and making sure that we are doing the best." Faith had been a medic for two arcs now, she understood the importance of not making promises. "And I will be taking blood and watching, testing." In Famula's name, Faith knew she had to cure this, had to solve it. This parasite was an affront to her beloved Immortal and she would not allow it to continue.

"Also," she said with a smile, "while you are having the treatment, if you choose to have it, I will be giving you some of my blood, into yours, to strengthen it." That, she assured them, was a technique which she had created some time ago and which had been perfected on a number of different patients over the last arc or more. It might sound strange, but it was quite safe and she had done it a lot. The nature of Faith's blessing and her blood would add to the possibility of this being a cure, she was sure of it. However, she stopped again and waited to hear what the pair had to say.
word count: 437
Nalin Marit
Character Sheet

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Nalin Marit
20th of Ashan, 718
[/b][/googlefont]
Fire and Ice. Those were his treatment options. He thought about both treatment plans, why both could work, how they could go wrong. He frowned, his options were slim, and both sounded rather unpleasant. Lavender was just sitting there, her head down, her hands gripping her knee's. She had not and would not get out of Nalin's bed to leave his side, not until she was told to by Faith would she anyways. She seemed to want as much time as she could with her brother. Which, under normal circumstances might seem odd.

Nalin took a slow and deep breath, closing his eyes, pulling his sister close as he thought on what to do. He only had 4 choices. Two of those choices were out of the question, he had to get propper treatment. Both he and Faith knew that. Nalin had to be pragmatic about it all, not only that. His Immortal Xiur, probably had hopes for him. He actually cracked a small smile at that thought. All the irony in that thought alone was enough to push Nalin to the correct decision. Well what he hoped would be the correct decision. That's all he had now though right? Was the stars, and hope that things would go the way that he hoped. Hope was the only thing that had kept Nalin going in the first place, he couldn't just quit hoping now.

"Hope... Lavender, hope always lived on. We always get by on hope. So.. hope with me?"

He caressed her head slowly and gently, wanting to comfort her as she looked up at him and more tears started to fall. Nalin smiled though, as if even without her moving her hands, he knew what she was thinking. He kissed her forehead and hugged her a little tighter for a moment before pulling away and looking to Faith.

"You think more likely beat this with both? Then do both. I deal with pain. Pushed this long through pain.. few more trials with it not gunna kill me."

Nalin smirked a bit. Trying to keep the mood light as the prospects of moving forward seemed to dim with worry but brighten with their new found hope. He didn't understand all that Faith was going to do, but that didn't mean that she didn't. Faith seemed more than capable of taking care of them. Both Nalin and Lavender. He felt like they were in good hands. Nalin reached out and took Faith's hands. Looking down at them with a soft smile before looking up at her.

"We trust in these capable hands. Me, and Lavender. You working hard for us. We thank you.... even if it doesn't always seem so."
word count: 472
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Nalin talked about hope and Faith's thoughts turned to her husband, blessed by Xiur also. She suspected that the mark on Nalin, which looked very much like the one on Padraig, meant that he was also. She did not speak of it, though, it was his and it was private - for both Padraig and Nalin. She looked down at her hands, very aware that she was the intruder with these siblings, but she had to be here to talk to them so she looked down at her hands as she had so many times.

Fingers laced together, thumbs too, and totally still. When Nalin spoke to her, she considered his words. "I think it is most likely to work if we have minimum time between the two. If cold damages it, but not kills it, maybe heat will kill it in that weak state. So, we will need to .. wait and see, I suppose." That was truly the only thing they could do, so much of this was new. Unknown. But if he was willing to push, then she would push too, Faith said. She smiled when he took her hands. They were small, Faith's hands, unsurprisingly since she was a tiny person herself.

When Nalin took her hands, Faith looked at him in some surprise. She didn't say anything as he spoke, simply gazed towards him. "You are afraid, I understand that. I talk about things which are risks and no one wants to take risks with who they love." The only risk they actually ran was the risk - or chance - that she cured him. Because if she did not, he would die. It was both as simple and as complicated as that and the young healer knew it. She knew that she looked - because she was - young. Many people considered her too young, asked her how she had managed it.

Very few people ever found out the answer to that question.

"You do not need to thank me. It is my pleasure, my privilege and my duty." Nineteen she might be, but she was as serious as could be. "So, four trials of the increased medicine. It may have side effects, they are different in each person." It was hard to tell what they might be in Nalin and Lavender, Faith said, because their bodies were already fighting the disease, even if not effectively. During that time, she would be here with them as much as possible. More than four or five times a day, certainly. When the treatment was happening, she wouldn't leave, but in between treatments, for a break or two a trial, she would need to leave. While that happened, she would leave them with Galena.

Faith did not explain why, they didn't need to know that literally hundreds of people had died and they were rebuilding the docks - an endeavor she was in charge of. No. They needed to focus on themselves right now. So, she nodded her head. "Get a good nights sleep. I'll see you in the morning."

Because tomorrow. It would begin.
word count: 517
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Scalvoris Town”