• Closed • "I'm pregnant."

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Qit'ria
Approved Character
Race: Undead (Ghost)
Profession: Huntsman
Renown: 344
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

"I'm pregnant."

Common Text
Xanthean Text
Kashehino Text
Ashan 36, 718

Qit slowly walked through the door to the Order, for once entering it while not being terribly injured. Her cloak hung loosely around her shoulders, and the woman wore a face of passive indifference. She was greeted by a healer she didn't recognize, but the woman remembered Qit from when she was brought in following her run in with a Nightmare beast. She looked on nervously at the huntress, expecting more tirades, swinging arms, and angry snarls. But Qit'ria was the epitome of politeness.

"I want see Faith, please. Will wait."

"Another healer can see you hun, Faith is extremely busy these days. What seems to be the problem today?"

Qit'ria shook her head, "I wait. Please."

The healer shrugged and gestured to some comfortable furniture. Qit'ria nodded and made her way to the two person couch. There were a few other patients about, all staring at her, trying to figure out what was wrong. Qit'ria just ignored them, and watch as the Order went about its business. She never once moved from her seat, and her eyes seemed to be taking every detail in. She watched as a man left a room crying. She saw a woman who couldn't stop scratching her groin enter a room.

She watched the little conversations between the healers, watched as the took small breaks to just shut their eyes while standing against a wall. They clearly worked tirelessly, just as Qit'ria's father had. She hoped he still was working. It was his truest passion. Every person in their little slice of Desnind was in his family.

She watched as an Aye-aye mouse snuck out of its hidden hole near a corner, sneaking through the shadows, looking for food. She gripped her fist tight, resisting the urge to draw a knife and cut it down for desecrating a place as sacred as a house for healing. But her spark reached out, it wanted to join the mouse. To see the world from the smaller vantage point, to hear the sounds Qit'ria couldn't hear, smell the smells she couldn't. It had been very insistent lately. But from the moment Qit'ria knew she was with child, she refused to Become anything. Instinct told her that it would be a catastrophically bad idea.

Her hidden hands alighted on the small bump that was rounding out her stomach. She couldn't feel anything yet, and wasn't quite sure when she would. Her stomach grumbled loudly. She was hungry again already. She'd just eaten a couple breaks ago, but she was famished again. For the last couple of trials, she was absolutely voracious. But she gave no visible sign of discomfort, trying to behave as best as she could for Faith. She did remember something though... She tapped into the aye-aye mouse totem on her wrist with her spark, and drew out the sense of smell, echoing it into her own.

Instantly so many more smells assaulted her senses. And it all smelled delicious. She didn't know what half of it was. Qit'ria closed her eyes, trying to lose herself in figuring out the smells, her mouth watering heavily. She was fairly certain that in aye-aye form, she could eat basically anything. To the mouse, the entire world was a buffet. And so, she passed nearly two breaks, following her nose, picking out the smells of the candles that burned, the questionable smell coming from the woman who scratched at her groin, the sandwich a healer was eating behind a closed door. She could smell the ham on it. Part of her wanted to go steal the sandwich. But this was Faith's heal house. She would respect it.

And so, she waited.
word count: 642
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Fanatical Philanthropist
Renown: 2250
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

"I'm pregnant."

Some trials, Faith thought, were just exponentially more difficult than others. This was one of those trials. Where, no matter what she did or when she did it, there were a hundred things to do on top. When popping in to check on a patient turned into a full break long consultation and everything was just more complicated than it needed to be. She missed her babies, having spent the trial with them yesterday and that had been wonderful but to-trial she had been here since the early breaks of the morning and had seen dawn's light pour in over the window sills.

And more than that. Everyone knew her and everyone wanted her to treat them. Which simply wasn't reasonable and she could not be in all the places at the same time. It was hard, beyond hard and she had to prioritise. Even Faith, who saw herself very differently to how the rest of the world saw her, had to admit that she was quite a good medic these trials and so she understood people wanting to be treated by who they saw as " the best", but she had to be firm that no, Galena was as capable of her as stitching, Hookor as good as he needed to be for bandaging and so on. She didn't like it, but at the same time she knew that she had to prioritise those cases where it being her or not made an actual difference.

All in all, it had been a long trial. She was just getting ready to go home and was walking down the corridor, with the intention of going to the area where she had left her coat and bag. Glancing to the left she saw, "Qit?" Faith forgot what she was doing and moved to her friend. "Are you alright? Why are you here? Have you been waiting long, no one told me... " Her eyes were on her friend, looking at her for injuries or such. "Is everything alright?"
word count: 338
This PC is dead. See this thread for details.
Qit'ria
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

"I'm pregnant."

Common Text
Xanthean Text
Kashehino Text

Qit's eyes opened, interrupting her revelry of having followed the scent of something cooking in a fire nearby, perhaps next door, at the sound of her name. She saw Faith, and immediately her face broke into a broad smile. Faith was family. Qit'ria stood up, offering her forearm to Faith. She nodded at Faith, "All right. Yes. Wait long. Yes. Wait for you. Come. Please."

Qit'ria moved past Faith, toward one of the private rooms that she knew to be empty. But she stopped at the door, turning toward a table, where a woman was eating one half of a particularly large sandwich. Qit grabbed a gold coin from her pouch and set it in on the table, and took the other half of the sandwich, plate and all. She turned back toward the room, opened the door, and slipped inside. She set the plate on a side table before hopping on the exam table herself, waiting on Faith to join her and close the door.

"I with baby."

There'd been no lead up, no softening of the surprise, no warning. It was just put out there as was. Qit'ria removed her cloak, quickly followed by the rest of her clothes, tossing them about wherever they might fall. Stark naked now, "You check, please. Say yes or no. No want other healer. Want you."

Qit laid back upon the table, bringing her legs up onto it as well, for Faith had instructed her at their last meeting after the Nightmare that patients should be lying down as such. From there, "Lay with man in middle Zi'da." That came to roughly seventeen to eighteen weeks past. "No have mother blood," as she gestured to her bushy genitals. She didn't know if Faith, or anyone, would be able to confirm it, nor how they would go about it, but in the back of her mind, she knew it to be true. She just needed to hear it from the only person she trusted on this island.
word count: 347
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

"I'm pregnant."

The look on Qit's face told Faith that this was something important and the young human nodded. "Of course, of course I'll come. I'm sorry you had to wait. If I'd known you were here, I'd have come sooner." She walked with Qit, although she raised an eyebrow at the please, and then at the behaviour with the sandwich. There was no doubting it, Qit'ria was behaving oddly but then, Faith often saw people doing so here. The Order of the Adunih was a place where people came when they were injured, worried or emotional. Yet, she'd never seen anyone do that with food before. Still, the owner of said sandwich - or in fact the previous owner - didn't seem overly concerned, so Faith made nothing of it.

Walking in to the small room, clean and neat and ready for whatever was brought in here, Faith carefully closed the door and turned to look at her friend. She was going to ask her what was wrong, if she was experiencing something or... and then, Qit'ria spoke. And Faith's eyebrow raised slightly. She was with baby? Well, that was surprising. What was not such a shock, though, was that Qit then chose to strip off her clothes and simply drop them where they fell. The obsessively neat person that Faith was found that challenging, but equally she knew that there was very little point in arguing it so she should either accept that there were clothes on the floor or pick them up. She was mother to two children and had no intention of starting to pick up after grown ups, so she left the clothes there.

Besides, there were more important things to worry about.

"Middle of Zi'da? I hope you wrapped up warm," Faith said with a slight smile and she nodded. "Let me have a look then," she said and she put her hand on Qit'ria's stomach. Within a few trill, Faith nodded. "Yes, you have a baby inside you." There was no doubting it, she could feel the swell of her stomach and slight fluttering of movement. "So, there are things now, things that you can do to help keep you and your baby healthy. I'd like to help you with that, if you'll be happy for me to?" Faith smiled gently at Qit and sat on the chair next to her bed.

"Who is the man, the father?" Faith asked. "Was he Sev'ryn too?" Sev'ryn or human or biqaj was fine as far as birth was concerned. "There are things I'd like you to eat, from now on, to help your baby grow safe." Faith looked at the young Sev'ryn - so brash and so determined and so vulnerable and naive also and she smiled at her. "How do you feel?"

Which was, to Faith's mind, a question which had a very important answer.
word count: 496
Qit'ria
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

"I'm pregnant."

Common Text
Xanthean Text
Kashehino Text

Qit, totally missing the jest as she is oft to do, "No wrap. Make fire big. Much warm." Laying there, she felt Faith's fingers poke and prod around her stomach. She was almost certain of the answer, but she needed to hear it for sure. And it wasn't long until Faith confirmed it. She was most definitely with child. When she was done, Faith was offering to help Qit with this, for which the huntress was most grateful. Qit'ria sat up now, as it seemed Faith was finished with the examination. She turned, letting her legs dangled of the table's edge, looking down at the healer, who not so long ago was as fat as Qit soon would.

"Yes. Help, please," accompanied by a couple of nods.

Qit wasn't completely ignorant in the ways of pregnancy, but having raised herself from before puberty, there most certainly were gaps from not having a mother figure present in her formative arcs. Her father, as a healer, could've stepped in too, but with Qit'ria having left home, left society in general, he never had the opportunity, nor had anyone else. And she knew from her arcs watching her father help her mother give birth to Qit's sisters that she would need help.

Qit wasn't prepared to be asked about the man she'd lain with. She hadn't thought it mattered in all honesty. Her thin lips curled into a slight grin, as she remembered the man fondly. He was so strong, so intimidating, and intrigued her. And he had been her first lover. She'd since also lain with Enrick, who had brought her more physical satisfaction in their motion upon the ocean, she didn't find herself desiring him like she had Noth. Enrick was decent enough to look at, but he truly couldn't compare to Noth. He was just so... weak.

There was no shame in Qit as she spoke, "No know name. No is Sev'ryn. Is Avlieriel. No like other. One wing. Red eye. Strong man." And while it may have sounded matter of fact, there was admiration in Qit'ria's voice. She still longed for him. She hadn't seen him since they'd parted ways after meeting the Curse Eater. She knew nothing about him, and while that normally would've been fine with the woman, something had been changing in her these last couple seasons. She had a friend, more than a friend, family, in Faith. She had another on the way. Part of her wanted something... more. And yet, she knew she didn't deserve it. She didn't build families, only broke them apart.

"What eat? I eat much meat. Lots. Make strong. Oh deer. Haff rain."

Qit'ria ignored the question about how she felt. She didn't want to talk about the memories of her broken family that were coursing through her. She didn't want to talk about the worry that something bad would happen to Faith for being Qit's family now, about the same worry she had for her baby. Qit looked away, staring at the blank wall, so as to not have to face the woman. She definitely didn't want to talk about the feelings she had for a man that she knew she would never see again. Her chest tightened, her fingers gripped the table so the whites of her knuckles were showing, but she did not speak. She was afraid of what would come out if she did.
word count: 601
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

"I'm pregnant."

Qit'ria agreed to let Faith help her and the human smiled at her friend. "Thank you, Qit'ria." It was not easy or a usual thing for Qit to accept help, Faith knew that and so it was important that she said thank you, because anything else was rude. "I think you will be a very good mother. Your baby will be strong and very loved, which makes them lucky." She believed that completely - Qit'ria was a fierce and determined woman and Faith admired that in her.

But all of her thoughts, her plans for what Qit'ria should eat and do and how to explain it to her, what she knew and did not - all of those thoughts flew from Faith's mind as Qit'ria described her lover. Her baby's father. "No know name. No is Sev'ryn. Is Avlieriel. No like other. One wing. Red eye. Strong man." Qit'ria said and Faith's heart stopped beating, or so it seemed to her. Then, it started again and it was loud. Louder than anything else.

Qit'ria sounded... proud.

She also sounded like she missed him.

Noth

Oh, no, please, not him. Not him. Not the murderous bastard who had killed her friend. The friend who was dead and who would tell her it was fine, it didn't matter. What if... no. No there was no what if. Faith knew in that instance that she would be damned either way. If she told Qit'ria, she ran the very real risk of hurting her or having Qit simply refuse to speak to her any more. If she didn't? Well, that was just not possible. Because Qit'ria was her friend. Qit'ria was her people and as such that meant that Qit deserved only and completely one thing.

The truth.

Faith sat down and she looked at Qit'ria. "I know him." Her voice shook slightly, but she bit her lower lip for a brief trill and then spoke again. "I know him. He murdered my friend. In front of me, when I was pregnant. He is in love with a woman.. an Avriel... called Nightshade, I believe. I believe that, I do not know it. I know that he murdered my friend." She breathed in and she closed her eyes just for a few trill.

"If you would let me," there was no more to say than that, not on the subject of the Prince of Eternal Mercies. "I'd like to prepare meals for you. Would you be willing for me to do that?" She looked at Qit'ria with calm silver eyes and said no more, waiting to see Qit's answer.
word count: 453
Qit'ria
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

"I'm pregnant."

Common Text
Xanthean Text
Kashehino Text

Qit saw a change come over her friend's face, though didn't quite understand it. She looked like a rabbit that come too close to being captured by a hawk, shaking, wavering. And it seemed she knew him! Qit'ria cocked her head to the side listening curiously, feeling an upwelling of warmth in her. Perhaps Faith would know where Qit could find him again! To tell him that she proudly carried his child, that she would raise it strong. That maybe he could come with her. He was strong, he would hunt alongside her. They would be able to take on anything.

For a brief moment in her fantasy, Qit imagine'd them building up their camp in Sweetwine. They'd teach their little pigeon to hunt, to throw spears. They'd chase people out of their woods. It would be their kingdom. It would belong to them, the spirits, and the beasts. Maybe Kura, though she lived just on the outs of it. She could stay there, at least. It would be wonderful. Three strong people, in the perfect home. She'd take her child to visit Faith and her kids. She'd bring her man the biggest, scariest monster on his birthtrial, ready to eat. Her mother had been a fierce, passionate huntress, but she'd been cold too. And Qit'ria didn't want to be her mother. She wanted to be better.

But then Faith continued to speak, shattering Qit's fantasy. Qit's eyes grew wide at what she heard, her lips tightening into a thin line. He... he loved another woman? Someone with a ridiculous name like Nightshade? How..? Why would he..? Qit'ria didn't care about the fact that he was a murderer, at least, not in the moment. He was a betrayer. He betrayed her. Why would he have danced with her? Joined her in her tent, if he had another that claimed him? Her grip on the table tightened to the point that her arm was shaking, a few of her nails breaking against the wood, stabbing at her fingertips.

No, it couldn't be true. If he had a mate, he wouldn't have claimed another, he wouldn't have accepted her offer. Faith was wrong. And Qit's face was one of pure rage, only further exacerbated by Faith's insistence to move on from the subject. Why would she do that? To say such things and just pretend like they didn't matter? What kind of heartlessness was that? Qit'ria ignored anything else that Faith had said in that moment, sliding off the table, picking up her clothing, leaving droplets of blood from her cut fingertips. She was wrong. She was a liar. There was no way he would've done that to her.

Qit'ria didn't bother to dress, jerking the door open, and storming out, her clothing in a bundle in her arms. She needed to get out of here. All eyes were on her, shocked at the violent arrival, accompanied by her nudity. She stormed toward the entrance, snarling at a healer that approached her, stopping them in their tracks. She dressed as she went, tying the last knot as she stepped out into the street, feeling the hot sting of tears behind her eyes, her throat constricting. One of them was a liar. Faith either lied about the man. Or the man had lied to her, by accepting her as his. She couldn't handle this. They were both family, albeit in different ways, to her.

She was looking all around her, trying to decide where to go. Part of her wanted to go to Enrick, to leave this island now, never return. Another wished to return to her woods, leave this town behind. Her spark was in her, warming the totem on her wrist, suggesting that if she wanted to run and hide, that she should do so as a mouse. She started to march away from the order when it all hit her at once. Too much time without having eaten, nor having eaten properly for a pregnant woman, the stress of the conversation, the panicked breathing, all of it caught up to her. And Qit'ria's knees simply buckled, and she collapsed there in the middle of the street, the only tear she'd shed now falling into the dust.
word count: 741
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

"I'm pregnant."

Faith looked first shocked, then surprised, then another expression crossed her face but by the time it did, Qit'ria was up and gone. Gone, storming out of the place and snarling at the healers as she did. Faith watched her leave and she considered moving after her, but she didn't do that. The reaction from Qit'ria had surprised - and disappointed - Faith. But equally she knew, and had known from the outset. No matter what she said here, she'd be in the wrong and so Faith had chosen, as she always would, to speak the truth.

She simply could not do anything else, especially with someone who was a friend. But in all honesty, Faith would be who she was and say what she said in front of and to anyone. Because it was true and that was that. It hadn't been that long since she had watched her best friend get murdered in front of her and it was upsetting to think that, at roughly the same time, just before or just after, Qit'ria was having sex with him and not even bothering to find out his name.

Why was she so angry? Faith genuinely didn't understand but right in that moment, she was too upset herself to be trying to deal with Qit'ria's tantrum. So, she stayed where she was and tidied up the room. The fact that she didn't follow Qit'ria out meant that she didn't see her storming away, although she could imagine it and figured that the thing to do was to let Qit'ria calm down before speaking to her. Because, in fairness, Faith needed to calm down too, needed to not want to point out that she'd told her - this person who was supposed to be her friend - that Noth had murdered her friend in front of her eyes.

But when the green cloak came in and told her what had happened just outside the door, Faith did what Faith would always do. She turned and walked out, so that after a very few bits, she knelt on the ground next to Qit'ria. "You should eat something," she said, softly. "It will help the baby. I know that you are angry with me," Faith's silver eyes didn't waver. She knew that Qit was angry, though she'd be damned if she could say why. "But I'd like you to come and let me get some food for you?" She gestured to the Order and then spoke the simple truth. "It's your choice."
word count: 436
Qit'ria
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

"I'm pregnant."

Common Text
Xanthean Text
Kashehino Text

Qit stirred as Faith approached, unwilling to deal with everything in her at the moment. She was ashamed. Why had she acted like that? Like some sort of crazy woman? That was not her, definitely not in front of city people. She heard Faith's words, knew she was hungry. She closed her eyes, trying to force that shame she now felt deep down inside. It wasn't who she was. It isn't who she is. She curled her fist up in a ball, and slammed into the ground next to her, and slowly pushed herself up to her knees. Then she stood up, slowly. She wasn't injured, other than her pride. She dressed in silence, and then looked around the street. There weren't many people but those that were there were staring at her.

She scowled at them, and faked a lunge at them, making a couple of them flinch. Smiling at that, she turned to Faith, her eyes immediately cast downward. "Yes. Food. Please." It reminded of the few times her father had ever admonished her. Mostly for doing something extremely reckless, that was an extreme danger to herself or others. But before they returned to the order, she reached out to Faith, gently, grasping her hand. Her eyes, tear filled, just as they did when she was a girl, "Sev'aji kïnä" She didn't know the words to apologize in Common, so she hoped the tone was enough. "I... fool. Faith ies tsa, kin. No is angry. Is family."

She allowed herself to walk back to the Order with Faith. Once there, she waited, not sure what to say in this. But she knew she didn't want to lose one of the only friends she'd ever had, because she'd done something stupid and shameful. She thought back to Faith's words, and went with one on curiosity, hoping it would help.

"You friend..? Good person? Like you?" She was hesitant in her words, expecting an unpleasant reaction of some sort. Most people didn't care for when she asked things about them, and after what had happened earlier, she wouldn't even be able to blame Faith for such a thing. She remembered that redhead she'd met that one time. Veggie, and her tent mate Earlo. Veggie didn't particularly like the words Qit often said, at least at their first and second meetings. Third one was okay. Qit wondered where Earlo and Veggie were now. Probably off hunting somewhere, living the good life.

"What name? What... life? How meet?" It was the first time in a long time Qit truly went out of her way to be socially appropriate toward someone, at least, to the best of her meager ability. She smiled softly at Faith as she'd asked this, hoping it didn't hurt her too much to think about, preferably not at all. She wanted to ask Faith about her baby. She'd noticed that Faith was no longer a swollen whale, but hadn't yet asked about it. Or about... what was his name. Mister food man. Paddyrags!

So she waited to ask these things, to see how it went. Socializing was hard.
word count: 545
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

"I'm pregnant."

When Qit'ria's hand reached for hers, Faith's met it and she held on and squeezed gently. "It's alright." She looked at the woman who was her friend and Faith wished that she could make any of this easier on her. At Qit'ria's words though, a genuine smile crossed her face. "Yes. Family. Always. Come on," As they walked back to the order, Faith spoke quietly. "You are not a fool. Being pregnant, it makes your emotions, your feelings change. I cried a lot." She smiled slightly. "Once, I cried because I lost a shoe. Then, I cried because Padraig found it." It was true, she had simply wept a lot. Half of the time, she didn't know why, even, just that she was crying.

They got in and Faith asked one of the green cloaks to bring some food. While they waited in a small room together, Qit'ria asked about her friend and Faith looked at her and smiled sadly. "Aeon. My friend. His name was Aeon." Faith sat down next to Qit and she frowned, looking down at her hands, which sat in her lap. "I used to be a slave. People don't know that. Until Padraig, I was a slave. All my life, from when I was born." Faith concentrated hard, it seemed. "I used to have a lot of scars. Moseke, she healed me." Faith breathed in and then out and smiled, lifting her gaze back to Qit'ria. "I don't tell people. They judge me, think I'm weak" Maybe Qit'ria would, but Faith didn't think so.

"I met Aeon when I was a slave. He was kind to me." When precious few were, was the simple truth of it. Still, Faith smiled and shook her head. He was a good man, she told Qit. A man who fought for what was right, who stood up and did the right thing. She had been pregnant, when he wrote and told her he was here, on Scalvoris. "I went to the Inn. It was burning. I saw Noth." She looked at Qit'ria with as calm a gaze as she could. "Your baby's father. He.. he pushed Aeon back into the flame."

Faith breathed in and then she spoke. "I will always support you. Family. And I will love your baby. I promise you" Taking hold of Qit'ria's hand, her voice was low, barely a whisper. "I'm sorry, Qit. I don't want to hurt you. Not ever." And that was, of course, the simple truth.
[
word count: 435
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Scalvoris Town”